PDA

View Full Version : Endurance Race Questions

LeMansIndy500
24-07-2018, 00:25
I知 thinking of doing one of the Le Mans 24 Hour invitational events in the career mode and had a couple of questions. These questions will also apply when I知 doing other endurance events in career.

1) If I turn my console off between the practice and qualifying sessions, and between qualifying and the race, will my progress save? Or will I have to do it all in one sitting?

2) How good are the AI drivers? I知 wanting to do it as real as possible so will be using the AI to assist me.

3) Is there a feature that requests them to pit for a driver change so that I can get back in to the car?

hkraft300
24-07-2018, 00:33
2) How good are the AI drivers? I’m wanting to do it as real as possible so will be using the AI to assist me.

Bob is pretty average. You might want to turn track cut penalties off. He can cut track and get you DQ.

3) Is there a feature that requests them to pit for a driver change so that I can get back in to the car?

Yes. In the ICM you can request pit stop, then swap driver to give/take control during the race.

Also, I should mention you want to set and save custom pit strategies. For any tire changes, under the fuel+tire menu, set tire change to “all”, and NOT to “recommended”. Don’t bother with “default”. Something will screw up.

LeMansIndy500
24-07-2018, 20:59
Bob is pretty average. You might want to turn track cut penalties off. He can cut track and get you DQ.

Yes. In the ICM you can request pit stop, then swap driver to give/take control during the race.

Also, I should mention you want to set and save custom pit strategies. For any tire changes, under the fuel+tire menu, set tire change to “all”, and NOT to “recommended”. Don’t bother with “default”. Something will screw up.

Thank you for the advice. I’ll play around with the settings so Bob doesn’t let me down :-)

Do you know if the 2x DLC Le Mans 24 Hour invitational events count towards the triple crown?

Schnizz58
24-07-2018, 23:26
1) If I turn my console off between the practice and qualifying sessions, and between qualifying and the race, will my progress save? Or will I have to do it all in one sitting?
It will save if you do it like this. When you get to the end of practice, select Continue to Qualifying then Exit. When you return you'll be in the qualifying session. Likewise, when you're done with qualy, select Continue to Race, then exit from the following menu.

LeMansIndy500
26-07-2018, 19:50
Thank you for all of your advice. Has anybody else done the 24 Hours of Le Mans Experience as part of the Spirit of Le Mans DLC? I’m half an hour in with the time set for the full 24 hours and the sun seems to be setting rapidly. The date of the race according to the loading screen is June at 1500 so it seems to be getting dark far too quickly. All my options are set to real time time progression.

Sentry87
26-07-2018, 22:00
Thank you for all of your advice. Has anybody else done the 24 Hours of Le Mans Experience as part of the Spirit of Le Mans DLC? I’m half an hour in with the time set for the full 24 hours and the sun seems to be setting rapidly. The date of the race according to the loading screen is June at 1500 so it seems to be getting dark far too quickly. All my options are set to real time time progression.

That's a known bug, still not fixed yet. I just do my own custom race 24 hr le mans

LeMansIndy500
26-07-2018, 22:18
That's a known bug, still not fixed yet. I just do my own custom race 24 hr le mans

Thanks. If it’s a known bug that I know I can’t do anything about I think I’ll crack on with it.

LeMansIndy500
29-07-2018, 22:59
So I wake up in the morning after leaving Bob to do the night shift. They’d been going well, keeping a 4 minute lead that I had built up. I turn the telly on to find my car in the pit box retired due to running out of fuel! Is there a way to make pit strategies so that they pit without running the risk of the same happening, or do I need to resort to constantly monitoring them to ensure it doesn’t happen again (which to me defeats the object of sharing the drive with the AI)?

Sentry87
30-07-2018, 00:58
Depends on the track. Long tracks Bob sometimes goes a lap too long on fuel. That or he waits until the last possible lap and screws himself with the pit box occupied. I always monitor Bob, I don't trust that guy