PDA

View Full Version : New SMS website

Asturbo
27-07-2018, 17:35
I’ve seen that SMS has updated the website www.slightlymadstudios.com (http://www.slightlymadstudios.com) .

I was a bit worried by the lack of news in last weeks, but this move makes me think they are working in future products. I see they show special attention to the Madness Engine and VR. Other thing I like to see is that they are looking for developers in different areas. All that is promising.

Nice to see in the “Team” section the real faces of many people from WMD development forum, that finally now has face for all us (Elmo included).

Anyway, congratulations for the new web, and good luck with future projects. Probably SMS doesn't need another WMD for future "Projects", but if needed, many of us will galdly repeat.

Sampo
28-07-2018, 00:38
But where's AJ?

Malcstar
28-07-2018, 00:45
Who's aj?

poirqc
28-07-2018, 02:30
But where's AJ?

In the Mclaren promotional video! ;)

Asturbo
28-07-2018, 06:55
I miss also mod's photos :rolleyes:

MrTulip
28-07-2018, 10:37
In the Mclaren promotional video! ;)

Should we be doing conclusions about this and the fact that McLaren has emphasized their simulation development of late? :confused:

poirqc
28-07-2018, 13:27
Should we be doing conclusions about this and the fact that McLaren has emphasized their simulation development of late? :confused:

I'm not that informed! :D

RacingAtHome
28-07-2018, 18:45
Am I the only one who thinks Ian Bell has joined an Irish gang?

balderz002
28-07-2018, 20:20
Some people are so important, they are listed on the team page twice!

It all looks very slick and doesn't look much like a company who makes computer games! Looks more respectable and up market than that.

Maybe the SMS lads have been looking at what Ansible Motion have been playing with?

Konan
29-07-2018, 09:40

You really don't wanna see a picture of me mate :p

Asturbo
29-07-2018, 10:00
You really don't wanna see a picture of me mate :p
PEGI 3 restrictions, I know ;)

breyzipp
29-07-2018, 10:14
Hmmm did Rod Chong leave SMS? :( Really liked his presence in the PC2 live stream videos leading towards the launch of the game.

John Hargreaves
29-07-2018, 10:31
I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Andy Garton before, it's nice to put a face to a name, as it is with all the familiar names from the SMS side of WMD.

Konan
29-07-2018, 10:36
I don't think I've ever seen a picture of Andy Garton before, it's nice to put a face to a name, as it is with all the familiar names from the SMS side of WMD.

I had the same feeling :cool:

Asturbo
29-07-2018, 11:37
I was curious about Ged Keaveney because his avatar in WMD. Little disappointment, because looks more "normal" than expected.

John Hargreaves
29-07-2018, 13:03
Probably because he's not wearing his white lab coat in that picture :cool:

cluck
30-07-2018, 12:09
Hmmm, some of those pictures are fake. I've met a few of these characters and honestly, the attempt to fool us with these so-called "staff photos" is nothing short of offensive to both myself and the real people:

Tom Curtis - No baseball cap in sight, let alone at the angle formerly known as "jaunty". They've tried to con us by getting a photo of somebody holding a burger. Nice try but it won't wash, this is not the real Tom.

Andy Garton - I've met Andy and this is not him. He keeps his identity incredibly secret as, and please don't share this outside of the forum, Ian Fleming based 007 on Andy's former life as a secret agent.

Matt York - despite all evidence appearing to point to the contrary, Matt is actually short for Matthilda. 'Matt' is a 55-year old mum of 4, born and raised in Madeira, Portugal. The voice you hear is actually that of her son, Stuart, who appears in all her videos.

Vittorio Rapa, aka 'The Don' - Like Andy Garton, nobody outside of his small circle of trusted associates knows what Vittorio actually looks like. I just know that you never want to get on the bad side - you know the saying "Nice copy of Windows 10 you've got there, be a shame if something happened to it"

Joe Barron - as with Tom Curtis, there are 2 things forever associated with Joe - Manchester United and Ferrari. His photo depicts neither of these, ergo, it cannot be he but a clever imposter.

Jussi Karjgoodluckpronouncingmysurnameafterafewbeers - again, yet another fake picture. Jussi is always to be found sipping some obscure ale and yet, here, there isn't even the remotest hint of ale in sight. The likeness isn't too far off but, no, this isn't him.

Bruno Alexandre - Bruno is actually an owl. How he finds the time to test the game, in between catching mice and voles, I have no idea. No secret is safe from The Owl That Sees™

Aaron Groves - This appears to have been taken outside of Aaron's real home so it is automatically in the "fake" category. The last time Aaron left the front door was in 1982, when he went to get a fresh supply of chicken nuggets, shortly afterwards realising that he could get his mum to get them instead, promptly turning around and going back indoors, never to be seen again. There is no actual evidence to suggest that he is alive, given that most people's interactions are only with what might well be a clever AI bot in Steam chat.

Tom Brown - they've put a bloomin' photo of that celebrity chef chap up, trying to convince us this is Tom. Tom is actually 5'2" tall alopecia sufferer from Milwaukee, and somebody that has perfected a very good English accent to blend in amongst his peers.

I suspect the picture of Jan Frischkorn is accurate but since the only time I've seen him is from the back of his helmet (stop giggling at the back!), karting at Nürburgring, I can't be 100% certain. I have since met somebody claiming to be him but, again, I don't really know.

The picture of Suzy Wallace is definitely accurate :love_heart: :D

The picture of Ben Fischer is also accurate, albeit 30 years out of date

Oh and the photo of Pete Morrish is 100% accurate. He has no other expression. Or scarf.

Sankyo
30-07-2018, 12:41
I look just like Musanna.

cluck
30-07-2018, 13:33
I look just like Musanna.I've met Musanna and can confirm this :)

Bealdor
30-07-2018, 14:42
I look just like Musanna.

But only at weekends when you're hitting the clubs I guess? ;)

Asturbo
01-08-2018, 21:25
The "Team" section is growing day by day. Now, there're 138 profiles, much more than last weekend. Probably they are updating the list, not new workers.

PS: Mods still missing...

John Hargreaves
01-08-2018, 21:50
If you need one, here is a picture of all the Mods

Konan
01-08-2018, 22:23
This is me actually...

Bealdor
02-08-2018, 04:45
The "Team" section is growing day by day. Now, there're 138 profiles, much more than last weekend. Probably they are updating the list, not new workers.

PS: Mods still missing...

And it'll most likely stay this way because we're not SMS employees.

cpcdem
02-08-2018, 05:03
And it'll most likely stay this way because we're not SMS employees.

So we need a team section for that here in the forum :)

Konan
02-08-2018, 05:38
So we need a team section for that here in the forum :)

Nice try....:cool:

Bealdor
02-08-2018, 06:59
This is me on monday mornings:
http://www.1ksmiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/eel-2.jpg

Me on Baltic Sea vacation earlier this summer:
http://www.1ksmiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/eel.jpg

Me dressed up for party:
http://www.1ksmiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/eel-3.jpg

My family:
https://d.wattpad.com/story_parts/205903569/images/142797162aacee83.jpg

Sankyo
02-08-2018, 07:43
I refer to Musanna's LinkedIn page for more pictures that look exactly like me.

cpcdem
02-08-2018, 08:15
Nice try....:cool:

Well, it worked though!
...sort of...:)

cluck
03-08-2018, 11:48
It seems that, in his spare time, Tom Curtis likes to do some moves in the street :eek:

http://youtu.be/crRpVYXNndU

(the likeness is quite uncanny!)

Olijke Poffer
03-08-2018, 13:05
Yeah I've seen this one a couple of days ago. Really bizar. Looks like gravity does not affect him..

Sankyo
03-08-2018, 13:31
Incredibly strong ankle at least. Or the guy weighs nothing :)

cluck
03-08-2018, 13:33
Incredibly strong ankle at least. Or the guy weighs nothing :)Maybe Tom is eating lighter burgers these days?

Bealdor
03-08-2018, 13:35
Maybe Tom is eating lighter burgers these days?

I got dibs on improved aerodynamic efficiency of his cap.

Scott Coffey
03-08-2018, 15:32
But where's AJ?

He's gone.

Scott Coffey
03-08-2018, 15:33
Hmmm did Rod Chong leave SMS? :( Really liked his presence in the PC2 live stream videos leading towards the launch of the game.

He's gone too.

FxUK
03-08-2018, 16:08

Rod Chong, Roborace’s Deputy CEO.
https://www.driving.co.uk/news/interview/roborace-chief-prepping-goodwood-autonomous-run-new-kind-race-series-video/

Robocar is pretty cool, must say ;)