PDA

View Full Version : Indy 500 Much Slower...

Shaundale46
28-07-2018, 08:05
Hello,
I'm a bit confused, doesn't take much, but hope someone can help.

I've done many, many laps on Indy 500 track with Dallara. I get easy 40.2 - 40.5 laps with full fuel over 28 lap stint. temps are same +/- 4'F wind is never more than 3MPH. Now go to race with exactly same car settings, including weather and I struggle to get 42.3 laps. on my own in front I can get 42.5-42.8 until I meet traffic but surely I should be doing 40.2-40.5's as I haven't changed anything from the practice qualify runs.

But, the real kicker is that I get top 5 Q for race top 7 are +/- 0.3 secs in Qualify but come race Ai still do low 40sec laps but I struggle to get anywhere near that. is it a Blonde moment and I've missed something in my 3000 miles round Indy or is there something else to explain it.
Le Man was Brilliant, all GT3 races amazing but the Indy 500 I cant get my head around the lap difference.

thank you in advance and sorry if posted already but couldn't find anything in search.

blinkngone
28-07-2018, 10:34
Hello,
I'm a bit confused, doesn't take much, but hope someone can help.

I've done many, many laps on Indy 500 track with Dallara. I get easy 40.2 - 40.5 laps with full fuel over 28 lap stint. temps are same +/- 4'F wind is never more than 3MPH. Now go to race with exactly same car settings, including weather and I struggle to get 42.3 laps. on my own in front I can get 42.5-42.8 until I meet traffic but surely I should be doing 40.2-40.5's as I haven't changed anything from the practice qualify runs.

But, the real kicker is that I get top 5 Q for race top 7 are +/- 0.3 secs in Qualify but come race Ai still do low 40sec laps but I struggle to get anywhere near that. is it a Blonde moment and I've missed something in my 3000 miles round Indy or is there something else to explain it.
Le Man was Brilliant, all GT3 races amazing but the Indy 500 I cant get my head around the lap difference.

thank you in advance and sorry if posted already but couldn't find anything in search.

Hey, this thread in the Garage addresses similar issues others have had, you are not alone. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62349-Car-behaving-COMPLETELY-different-in-race-vs-private-testing

RacingAtHome
28-07-2018, 18:59
It's accurate. In Qualifying, IndyCar runs qualifying boost on ovals before tuning them down for the race for safety reasons. In any session excluding the Race, the HP is at the Qualifying Boost level. To get the Race boost in non-race sessions, it's 83% boost in the settings.

On AI, they may be in packs and have the slipstream allowing them to push up to qualifying times whereas you're comparing no tow times.