PDA

View Full Version : Porsche GT3 class

Baltha27
01-08-2018, 11:01
Soo how good do you think the Porsche in the GT3 class is overall compared to the other cars available

Zaskarspants
01-08-2018, 11:10
The cars in gt3 in general perform similarly over a race season as that formula is balanced for performance.

Having said that I am most comfortable with the Porsche, the ginetta and the renault.

edit - removed ' very' from ' very similarly' ;-)

Baltha27
01-08-2018, 11:15
Thanks iam have to choose a car for a upcoming season thought I might pick the Porsche

Twinz
01-08-2018, 12:31
I'm not into the GT3 class like it seems a lot of the community is, but I have tried a few different cars and Iike the way PC2 communicates the different layouts. The 911 GT3 has the rear-engine feel. (You need to "get the nose down" for turn in, but then it rotates well and allows throttle a little sooner than the front-engine Mercedes and even the mid-engine Ferrari)

If it suits your driving style, the Porsche works well. I personally have trouble consistently getting the front end to bite on turn-in without over-slowing or botching the weight transfer back to the rear tires for corner exit.

Red Leader
01-08-2018, 13:14
The cars in gt3 in general perform very similarly over a race season as that formula is balanced for performance.

Having said that I am most comfortable with the Porsche, the ginetta and the renault.

That has not proven true in AOR. They can perform similarly over a hot lap, but not races, or a season.

hkraft300
01-08-2018, 13:15
I can't drive it. Cook the rear tires bad then it's race over.

Mahjik
01-08-2018, 13:23
The mid-engine GT3's, just as in real life, typically have the edge across a racing season (provided the tracks vary). However, a good driver in a Porsche is going to beat a bad driver in one of the mid-engine GT3's without a problem. ;)

You can read some of the comments of other forum members who have done some testing in this space:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53613-GT3-car-balancing

FWIW, I would rather chose a car I liked for a league rather than just the "top dog". ;)

blinkngone
01-08-2018, 13:41
Hey, you can check out the choices for the AOR leagues using the PS4, as Red Leader stated the Porsche is seldom chosen because they race on multiple tracks and it doesn't fare well against the Audi, BMW etc.. You can always lower the AI so you can run the Porsche in Career though.

https://apexonlineracing.com/community/pages/PCarsGT3LeagueResults/

Stewy32
01-08-2018, 16:16
AOR have discovered the best cars go:
Ferrari
Audi
Merc-AMG
Lambo
M6

According to popularity

Atak Kat
01-08-2018, 20:31
I used to drive this car a lot, but in one of the patches (4? maybe) the car suspension was adjusted and since then I just cannot find the right setup that I'm happy with. Before that I thought it was really awesome (as long as you didn't cook the rear tires). It's off-line starting acceleration is still one of the best and if you can gain a few places on-line right at the start against other GT3 cars just because of this.
But it's difficult to maintain it's behaviour in races more than about 8 laps. It's hard to really know what happens after that, but I think the tires just degrade enough that the rear end can snap loose without almost any warning. It can be a race-ruiner when it happens. The telemetry doesn't really give you any signal what's going on. But it sure seems like just the outer surface it getting cooked.
You can tame/control this a bit by turning your TC slip way down to like 5% or lower. But this kinda takes out the mild (or not) turn-in and oversteer when accelerating out of the corners, which I think is one of the greatest features of this car. I love the way you can control and induce some mild oversteer and turn-in with the go-pedal. It's really a lot of fun. But I think it's also one of the reasons it seems to run-out the rear tires.

Patch 6 I thought the car was better. Maybe general tire improvements in the game. But I do like it better now, but still not like it used to be.

Also, it's already mentioned a million times, I just do not like the sound in this car. I use headphones (and love it), but this car seems too quiet or strange compared to the sounds you get in the other GT3 cars.

r200ti
02-08-2018, 18:39
I personally think trying to race a rear engined car is folly. I cant help but feel the real GT3 class rules having something to favour the porsche to keep it competitive (I dont watch it so correct me if im wrong with the 911 being competitive). But in the game its sweet to drive and with its advantages (traction) come weakness's (rear tyre temps).
I do think GT3 is a fascinating class in the game with all the cars having strengths and weakness's

Thinking about it I rarely see porkers up the sharp end. But that might just be down gamer misconception (saw one spin so it must be rubbish)
imho its the most fun GT3 to drive, so offline id have no hesitation picking it (apart from the fact i dont like tuned lawnmowers)

Flat-6
04-08-2018, 19:16
I used to think the Porsche GT3 R was fun and competitive to drive but that was before the latest two updates to the game. Before the updates I felt the car was easy to drive, easy to feel out, and feel confident with the car, keeping the nose down and pushing the car was fun. Now after at least the last update (I was away for a few months from the game) the car feels very loose, and is much more difficult to keep the nose turned down and not easy to push the car or feel very confident in my opinion.

lamppostbotherer
04-08-2018, 20:36
I used to pick the Porsche all the time. Then I discovered the Acura NSX which is now my go-to GT3 car. It feels so balanced and what I lose on the long straights, I more than make up in the corners

nhitrac
04-08-2018, 21:46
discovered the Acura NSX which is now my go-to GT3 car.

I really really wanted to like it but the OCDness in me can't stand the off-centred dash in it. Just can't do it.

The porky is still one of my fav go to GT3s. There's just something magical about it when you get it right.

Bealdor
04-08-2018, 21:48
I really really wanted to like it but the OCDness in me can't stand the off-centred dash in it. Just can't do it.

The porky is still one of my fav go to GT3s. There's just something magical about it when you get it right.

Offset your G27 too. Can't get more real than that. ;)

REXPITVIPER1
04-08-2018, 23:07
I did a GT3 race at Le Mans, and had a couple of Porsche 911's in the races. and holy shit. the Porsche is really fast compared to the other GT3 cars, when I was doing this race, I found the Porsche GT3 is easily the 2nd fastest out of all GT3 cars, the 1st being the incorrect HP Mercedes SLS GT3 (in real life the car had around 520 hp not 600) and 3rd being a battle with the Merc AMG GT3 and the Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 and 4th belongs to the BMW M6 GT3. the Bentley is good too. but with it having 460- end of straight HP it can't keep with the faster Porsche. the Porsche is making 490+hp at the end of a straight.

the Porsche driving wise on Le Mans, is iffy to say the least. it has straight line speed, but it's unreliable and ends up damaging the mechanical parts fast (even in the Endurance Version) the cornering is really good too. OVERALL: the Porsche 911 GT3/GT3E is the best GT3 car on tracks like Le Mans or Imola or even Monza.

BioBen
09-08-2018, 08:47
I haven't done any really long races in the 911 GT3 but it seems quite competent and it's pretty quick in a straight line. The lack of fast damping adjustment is a bit of a downfall on the bumpy tracks but you can maybe tweak the transition to kinda work around this. It has a very nice engine note as well so it wont kill your ears over a long distance :)