PDA

View Full Version : Saved replays of night races: lights are (mostly) off

FlakNine
02-08-2018, 10:27
Hi all,
A forum search didn't reveal this as a known issue. We've had a couple of night league races recently and on both occasions, when viewing the replay most of the cars had their lights OFF, despite everyone driving with lights ON during the race. This isn't specific to one PC, two of us saw the same issue on our own saved replays. Weirdly, a couple of cars running did have their headlights on in the video, my best guess is that they switched their lights off and on again during the race.

Races are on a dedicated server. I haven't yet tested to see if the same occurs in saved replays from a single player race or whether it's track/car specific. In case it helps the devs, here's details of last nights race:
Track: Le Mans
Vehicles: mix of GTE class
Start time: 2200, 16 June 2017
Time progression: 30x
Weather: clear
Duration:45 mins

The same problem happened at Watkins Glen in the race before that.

EDIT: just found this, probably the same thing but not specific to AI as per the title of that thread... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58404-(Bug)-AI-lights-off-in-the-night-(replay)

Rodders
02-08-2018, 11:31
This happens on all tracks and cars so far as I know. Why some have them on and some not I'm not sure - I like your theory it was cos they switched their lights on and off at some point ;)

It does really ruin replay footage which for night races would otherwise look excellent.

FlakNine
02-08-2018, 12:08
As it wasn't on Asturbo's unofficial bug list I've contacted him to ask that it's added.

Asturbo
02-08-2018, 13:18
As it wasn't on Asturbo's unofficial bug list I've contacted him to ask that it's added.
Added to the list...

FlakNine
02-08-2018, 13:29
It does really ruin replay footage which for night races would otherwise look excellent.

Agreed, I like to have a dabble with photo mode after some of our races, I was a little limited in which cars I could include (ones with lights on!) so had to get creative here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51299-ART-Sim-Racing&p=1528247&viewfull=1#post1528247) with camera angles and brake lights to make this bug less apparent in the photos! You can see in the post from Hamdridge under mine that at least seven of the cars had no lights visible in the replay!

FlakNine
11-09-2018, 15:42
Will retest in patch 7 as soon as my broadband connection is back up - it inexplicably self-destructed yesterday. :mad:

FlakNine
11-09-2018, 18:45
OK at first glance this looks to be fixed, although so far I only tested single player, and originally encountered the problem in multiplayer.

We have a full complement of lights!

Asturbo
11-09-2018, 19:56
OK at first glance this looks to be fixed, although so far I only tested single player, and originally encountered the problem in multiplayer.

We have a full complement of lights!
Great, please confirm if you find also fixed in MP to strike out from the list.