PDA

View Full Version : Next Patch?

Pages : [1] 2

Juhu_0815
03-08-2018, 16:14
Hi,

any news when we can expect the next fixes?

Regards
Mike

FxUK
03-08-2018, 16:26
My guess, 4th September 2018.
Based on prior releases.

CoproManiac
03-08-2018, 16:35
I'll say next week as they've been releasing the last couple of patches every 2 months

Flens07
03-08-2018, 16:37
Had already asked me who comes first from the cover and asks this question ;)

Konan
03-08-2018, 18:21
SMSoon....

You should have seen this coming from a mile away really...:rolleyes:

Sith Metal
03-08-2018, 19:44
hopefully a fix for the ffb, as it is now it is terrible.

Cholton82
03-08-2018, 20:27
How is it terrible ???

Olijke Poffer
03-08-2018, 20:46

FFB is not terrible.. What is wrong with the FFB in your eyes?

falm
03-08-2018, 21:40
My wheel broke last week :(, but until then FFB was just fine :)

poirqc
03-08-2018, 23:50
FFB hasn't changed since couple patches. It's still working as intended.

What's wrong with it?

Eric Rowland
04-08-2018, 01:45

comedy is not pretty.......

drathuu
04-08-2018, 02:15
There still pumping out stageing branch builds weekly, so theres a lot of internal activity going on.. As for when the public branch is released..??

Miguelito
04-08-2018, 04:20
This time we need a detailed patch notes!, itīs not cool to try to find on our own what are the improvements! I know itīs hard, but the grid increase in Daytona and LeMans would be amazing for PC!

Konan
04-08-2018, 06:01
http://youtu.be/oqMl5CRoFdk

johnnyone
04-08-2018, 09:32
Great Video, these guys are amazing.

Raklodder
04-08-2018, 09:46
I'm glad you asked, takes some weight off my shoulders.

drathuu
04-08-2018, 12:33
Wont get detailed patch notes.... as it delays ps4 and xbox patches.. have to live with vague notes.

Keena
04-08-2018, 13:47
Wont get detailed patch notes.... as it delays ps4 and xbox patches.. have to live with vague notes.

What about detailed patch notes once the ps4 and xbox patches have landed?

CoproManiac
04-08-2018, 14:27
What about detailed patch notes once the ps4 and xbox patches have landed?

They haven't included detailed patchnotes since patch 4, not even when PS4 and Xbox had their patches.

Sith Metal
04-08-2018, 15:00
FFB feels like there is something missing, it feels loose, rickety and makes your wheel feel like it is faulty. This is not only my opinion, other's have mentioned it also. It's been like this several patches back, before FFB was spot on.

morpwr
04-08-2018, 15:11
FFB feels like there is something missing, it feels loose, rickety and makes your wheel feel like it is faulty. This is not only my opinion, other's have mentioned it also. It's been like this several patches back, before FFB was spot on.

Have you tried reinstalling it because it definitely sounds like something is off.

poirqc
04-08-2018, 15:26

Without your wheel make, it's going to be a shot in the dark.

Have you tried reinstalling it because it definitely sounds like something is off.

This is the first step. Reinstall in windows, take screenshot of your previously working settings, reset to default in pCars, reapply working settings in pCars.

As for the looseness, lowering SR 1 or 2 click helps. About the rickety feeling, running a low Fx really helps on that. When Caster, Camber and SR are well balanced against the FFB volume you're running, the FFB should be great.

hth.

morpwr
04-08-2018, 15:37
Without your wheel make, it's going to be a shot in the dark.

This is the first step. Reinstall in windows, take screenshot of your previously working settings, reset to default in pCars, reapply working settings in pCars.

As for the looseness, lowering SR 1 or 2 click helps. About the rickety feeling, running a low Fx really helps on that. When Caster, Camber and SR are well balanced against the FFB volume you're running, the FFB should be great.

hth.

Its been so long since I changed ffb profiles I forget. Is the bug where you switch from raw and other profiles still a problem? Could be that also because it definitely screwed up the ffb. That's easier to test just delete the profile folder.

Linx
04-08-2018, 19:17
Pcars 2 is my favorite game. I have both Xbox One and PS4 (Pcars 2 on Xbox one). Unfortunately it's been put to the side for a long time now and I have to play other racing titles. I have a Fanatec CSW V2 and ever since the last patch it's been unplayable. A lot of twitching when wheel is centered and no road feel at all. I researched and tried all the different ffb settings and nothing has fixed it. Unless I turn all settings drastically down. It gets rid of the twitching but also leaves the wheel extremely loose with no feel of ffb at all. Every once in a while it'll work flawlessly and feels wonderful. But at any point while playing the center twitching and loss of road feel returns and I have to turn it off. Extremely disappointing.
The funny thing is all the ffb complaints from Pcars 1 and 2 never affected me. Though it wasn't perfect, I was still able to race. With the last patch, a lot of people seem to love it and say it's perfect, but I guess it was finally time for me to pay my dues.
So now I have to resort to playing GT Sport and AC. I don't know but even though AC works great with the wheel, the excitement factor just isn't there. I got it when it first came out on console. I've stayed up to date with all the updates. But still, when playing it, I find myself kind of bored and can't wait until the race is over. There is no feeling of intense racing, adrenaline, dripping sweat, and a feeling of satisfaction with AC for me. I would really love to play Pcars 2 again.

morpwr
06-08-2018, 01:23
Pcars 2 is my favorite game. I have both Xbox One and PS4 (Pcars 2 on Xbox one). Unfortunately it's been put to the side for a long time now and I have to play other racing titles. I have a Fanatec CSW V2 and ever since the last patch it's been unplayable. A lot of twitching when wheel is centered and no road feel at all. I researched and tried all the different ffb settings and nothing has fixed it. Unless I turn all settings drastically down. It gets rid of the twitching but also leaves the wheel extremely loose with no feel of ffb at all. Every once in a while it'll work flawlessly and feels wonderful. But at any point while playing the center twitching and loss of road feel returns and I have to turn it off. Extremely disappointing.
The funny thing is all the ffb complaints from Pcars 1 and 2 never affected me. Though it wasn't perfect, I was still able to race. With the last patch, a lot of people seem to love it and say it's perfect, but I guess it was finally time for me to pay my dues.
So now I have to resort to playing GT Sport and AC. I don't know but even though AC works great with the wheel, the excitement factor just isn't there. I got it when it first came out on console. I've stayed up to date with all the updates. But still, when playing it, I find myself kind of bored and can't wait until the race is over. There is no feeling of intense racing, adrenaline, dripping sweat, and a feeling of satisfaction with AC for me. I would really love to play Pcars 2 again.

If its that bad id try reinstalling the game. Sometimes the ffb gets screwed up with updates and it happens in all the sims. Reinstall game and set you wheel up again and see what happens.

Miguelito
06-08-2018, 02:52
http://youtu.be/oqMl5CRoFdk

Yeah, man, good song, however, thereīs no need to answer to our petitions with a song called "You Can't Always Get What You Want". We are a community and we can make suggestions, because we can get what we want, bro.

Vic Flange
06-08-2018, 07:44

When are SMS going to release a fix for your wheel FFS ?:D

Tank621
06-08-2018, 09:10
Yeah, man, good song, however, thereīs no need to answer to our petitions with a song called "You Can't Always Get What You Want". We are a community and we can make suggestions, because we can get what we want, bro.

The point is that SMS used to do detailed patch notes but made the decision to downsacle them as it was becoming to time consuming to do and it was impacted on how much they could do within a patch

Remember the internal patch notes they have will mean very little to those outside of workong on the patch and they pretty much have to rewrite the entire lot to give us an overview

Of course I amongst many others (including SMS themselves I suspect) would like to see a full list of patch notes but honestly if it is a conprimise between more patches or more patch notes I'd take the extra patches an day of the week

Konan
06-08-2018, 11:21
Yeah, man, good song, however, thereīs no need to answer to our petitions with a song called "You Can't Always Get What You Want".

This time we need a detailed patch notes!, itīs not cool to try to find on our own what are the improvements! I know itīs hard, but the grid increase in Daytona and LeMans would be amazing for PC!

Exclamation marks make me think more of an entitlement/order instead of a "petition"

Swass
06-08-2018, 12:38
Was anyone having Xbox Live issues over the weekend? I was getting "Cannot synch data" errors all day Saturday.

Sith Metal
06-08-2018, 12:49

My problem exactly, there is an emptiness to the FFB, my wheel, TX thrustmaster. I have not tried reinstalling and i don't believe that will solve the issue. Xbox One, btw...

Sith Metal
06-08-2018, 12:52

it was probably PC2 that broke it, as the FFB is all over the place, there was a moment i thought it broke my wheel aswell. Gone back to other racers and my wheel is spot on.

Spudcake
06-08-2018, 15:34

My problem exactly, there is an emptiness to the FFB, my wheel, TX thrustmaster. I have not tried reinstalling and i don't believe that will solve the issue. Xbox One, btw...

Have either of you tried Jack Spade's files?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files
(http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files)
I use the "stan mid comp SopDiff" version with my T300. It's the best FFB I've experienced, even better than what I had in Assetto Corsa.

Johnny Tavares
06-08-2018, 15:44
Have either of you tried Jack Spade's files?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files
(http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files)
I use the "stan mid comp SopDiff" version with my T300. It's the best FFB I've experienced, even better than what I had in Assetto Corsa.

These files saved me

Mad Al
06-08-2018, 15:44
it was probably PC2 that broke it, as the FFB is all over the place, there was a moment i thought it broke my wheel aswell. Gone back to other racers and my wheel is spot on.
Why do people insist on writing crap... PC2 does exactly the same as every other game out there, it sends numbers to a driver which sends, possibly translated a bit, numbers to the wheel. It can't send anything outside of what the wheel is designed to accept, end of story.

Linx
06-08-2018, 20:26
Isn't Jack Spade files for PC? I'm on console. Though I did try Jack Spade's settings on PS4 with the original Pcars. Was ok but I found some I liked better from Grimey dog I believe his name was.

Shogun613
06-08-2018, 22:30
Isn't Jack Spade files for PC? I'm on console. Though I did try Jack Spade's settings on PS4 with the original Pcars. Was ok but I found some I liked better from Grimey dog I believe his name was.

Grimey Dog's thread was legendary... It helped a LOT of us understand how to tweak the plethora of options PCars 1 had...

GrimeyDog
07-08-2018, 00:38

Grimey Dog's thread was legendary... It helped a LOT of us understand how to tweak the plethora of options PCars 1 had...

WOW thanx:) Its these comments that let Me know all the Hours ---> Months of tweeking was all worth while:cool:

I just happend to stumble across these comments it made My Day:cool:

Linx
07-08-2018, 00:44
WOW thanx:) Its these comments that let Me know all the Hours ---> Months of tweeking was all worrh while:cool:

I just happend to stumble across these comments it made My Day:cool:

And there he is, the man. Grimey if it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't have kept playing. SMS needs to put you on the team and in charge of ffb if they come out with Pcars3

GrimeyDog
07-08-2018, 00:58
:) Thanx... I would Gladly Do it for the Love of Sim Racing

bmanic
07-08-2018, 01:16

FFB is absolutely awesome. Sorry if you can't agree with that but if you think this is horrible FFB then I seriously hope they don't "fix it" because I'm pretty sure whatever you think is "good FFB" is something I'd hate.

Xbox One, btw...

.. or it could be Xbox has bad FFB implementation, this is definitely possible. I remember testing pCars 1 back to back on a PC vs a PS4 and the difference in FFB with identical settings and identical wheel was astounding (it was completely different between the systems).

So yeah, at least on a PC it is ridiculously good right now for most cars, in my opinion. Extremely informative and one of the very few games where the FFB actually helps you understand the amount of grip you have available and in finding the optimum slip angle in all situations.

T300 here.

bmanic
07-08-2018, 01:21
Any information about AI rain driving improvements? They are stupidly slow right now making the Solo Career really frustrating to play. Every time there is rain I am 100% guaranteed to win. Even in single custom sessions it's no fun at all to drive any wet races as the AI in most cars are super slow.. like 3 to 5 seconds per lap (depending on car type) slower at 120% difficulty. Please bump up the difficulty slider to 200% or at least give them a chance in the rain.

Also, is it at all possible to fix the aquaplaning puddles at low speeds? You can literally drive into a puddle at 30km/h and aquaplane. It's kind of a massive immersion killer.

Zaskarspants
07-08-2018, 10:04
Regarding xb og ffb mentioned above.

When I upgraded from og to x I found the fidelity increased in all areas. Better graphics, better sound and more detail in ffb high frequencies.

Cholton82
07-08-2018, 11:50
Unlike before I’m not really waiting in great anticipation for the next patch , Sure the next dlc but for me personally the game is working well and I hope the tyre model doesn’t change and my setups continue to be relevant.
I can’t see anything new being added at this point not counting the dlc so I’m happy how it is .

CoproManiac
07-08-2018, 14:15
Unlike before I’m not really waiting in great anticipation for the next patch , Sure the next dlc but for me personally the game is working well and I hope the tyre model doesn’t change and my setups continue to be relevant.
I can’t see anything new being added at this point not counting the dlc so I’m happy how it is .

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62712-Unofficial-issue-list-Post-Patch-6-0

UkHardcore23
07-08-2018, 15:28
FFB is absolutely awesome. Sorry if you can't agree with that but if you think this is horrible FFB then I seriously hope they don't "fix it" because I'm pretty sure whatever you think is "good FFB" is something I'd hate.

.. or it could be Xbox has bad FFB implementation, this is definitely possible. I remember testing pCars 1 back to back on a PC vs a PS4 and the difference in FFB with identical settings and identical wheel was astounding (it was completely different between the systems).

So yeah, at least on a PC it is ridiculously good right now for most cars, in my opinion. Extremely informative and one of the very few games where the FFB actually helps you understand the amount of grip you have available and in finding the optimum slip angle in all situations.

T300 here.

I also was able to test PCARS 1 b2b with PS4 version and the difference with the ffb on the same settings as you put it was astounding. Has anyone been able to test PCARS 2 b2b with PS4? Im guessing it's the same but you never know.

shiftee
07-08-2018, 16:45
Any information about AI rain driving improvements? They are stupidly slow right now making the Solo Career really frustrating to play. Every time there is rain I am 100% guaranteed to win. Even in single custom sessions it's no fun at all to drive any wet races as the AI in most cars are super slow.. like 3 to 5 seconds per lap (depending on car type) slower at 120% difficulty. Please bump up the difficulty slider to 200% or at least give them a chance in the rain.

Also, is it at all possible to fix the aquaplaning puddles at low speeds? You can literally drive into a puddle at 30km/h and aquaplane. It's kind of a massive immersion killer.

they are aware of AI slowness in wet. I am not sure about the aquaplaning, and agree I hope it also gets fixed! I am awaiting this patch solely for the AI improvements, hopefully they nail it as we might not get another major patch. for offline players this is crucial.

although I would not mind if they surprised us with offline custom championships or AI filled online championships :mad:

Cholton82
07-08-2018, 17:29
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62712-Unofficial-issue-list-Post-Patch-6-0

Like I said for me personally the game is working well , I am fully aware there are still issues but none of them are really affecting or hampering my experience. Probably the only one that bothers me is ai in the rain but don’t get me wrong I hope all the others are sorted for the guys and girls that have issues with them .

Flens07
07-08-2018, 17:51
May be singelracing with ai is working - playing multiplayer shows a lot of issues and ist anything but stable. In my community, several races are driven weekly and it always comes back to issues like rows of disconnects, problems with the correct load of setups, unequal track-conditions for some drivers, icetires (not driveable tires which do not build any grip) and so on

pCARS2 is a jewel, which unfortunately is not quite polished

bmanic
07-08-2018, 18:36
they are aware of AI slowness in wet. I am not sure about the aquaplaning, and agree I hope it also gets fixed! I am awaiting this patch solely for the AI improvements, hopefully they nail it as we might not get another major patch. for offline players this is crucial.

It really bummed me out that they slowed down the AI due to players complaining. It was pretty good speed before but due to some slow and lazy players (not wanting to turn DOWN the AI skill level) we now got super slow useless AI for people who can actually drive decently. Basically ruins the game for solo playing.

So yeah.. in my opinion the AI can NOT be "too fast" as it can always be turned down enough to be fun to race against.. but if the player is too fast there is no way to make the AI faster. In my opinion the slow AI is the most serious issue at the moment yet again the reason my solo career is on hold. It just isn't fun to play the career.

Jezza819
07-08-2018, 18:51

Your platform under your name says PC so I was confused because I have not heard of many FFB problems with the PC version. Now us Fanatec users on Xbox had a problem where patch 3 or 4 I can't remember which, killed our FFB so the wheel felt numb. That wasn't fixed until patch 6 but it's totally fine right now.

Schnizz58
07-08-2018, 19:27
May be singelracing with ai is working - playing multiplayer shows a lot of issues and ist anything but stable. In my community, several races are driven weekly and it always comes back to issues like rows of disconnects, problems with the correct load of setups, unequal track-conditions for some drivers, icetires (not driveable tires which do not build any grip) and so on
The main issues in single player right now seem to revolve around AI. On consoles your amount of traction is dependent on the number of AI cars in the grid. Also on all platforms there is a big difference between the AI speed in practice vs. qualifying vs. race. I'm sort of in a holding pattern waiting for the latter issue to be addressed. The other one was a problem for me until I switched to PC. I have doubts that it will get resolved but if it does, big time kudos for that.

Wrt FFB, it's really good. Perhaps not quite as good as PC1 because it's not as "tweakable" but I have no major complaints. (Using Thrustmaster TX for the record.)

pCARS2 is a jewel, which unfortunately is not quite polished
Well put.

Flens07
07-08-2018, 19:55
just to make it clear: While I wrote that pCARS2 "may be" works fine in the singelplayer, I have no idea about it. I'm a pure multiplayer "driver" ...

Seelenkrank
07-08-2018, 20:11
It really bummed me out that they slowed down the AI due to players complaining. It was pretty good speed before but due to some slow and lazy players (not wanting to turn DOWN the AI skill level) we now got super slow useless AI for people who can actually drive decently. Basically ruins the game for solo playing.

So yeah.. in my opinion the AI can NOT be "too fast" as it can always be turned down enough to be fun to race against.. but if the player is too fast there is no way to make the AI faster. In my opinion the slow AI is the most serious issue at the moment yet again the reason my solo career is on hold. It just isn't fun to play the career.

so how you turn down the AI level from your carrer when it starts raining after lap 3 or so?...

Schnizz58
07-08-2018, 20:20
just to make it clear: While I wrote that pCARS2 "may be" works fine in the singelplayer, I have no idea about it. I'm a pure multiplayer "driver" ...

Yeah I wasn't trying to call you out or anything. Just filling in those details for those that might be interested. :encouragement:

bmanic
08-08-2018, 00:40
so how you turn down the AI level from your carrer when it starts raining after lap 3 or so?...

You EXIT the session.. go back to setting the AI levels and then do it again. Simple as that.

.. and no, if you think the AI was "much faster in the rain" than the player, I do not agree at all with that. Rather I wager most players simply haven't done equal amount of rain laps as they have dry laps.. thus their perspective is off. I had no problems racing the AI at around 100% difficulty before the patch, in races where it started to rain mid race. AI was good in my opinion.

Now the difference is ridiculous. At 120% I can just barely keep up with most AI around most tracks in the dry.. some tracks they are a few seconds faster than me, others I am a tiny bit faster.. but as soon as it starts raining I suddenly drive several seconds per lap faster. This wasn't the case before the patch.

ayem22
08-08-2018, 01:16
the AI is too much slow at thunderstorm or storm (heavy rain), but it's a known issue, probably never fixed, cause the balance between drain puddles and AI speed is too hard to find.

Schnizz58
08-08-2018, 02:26
.. and no, if you think the AI was "much faster in the rain" than the player, I do not agree at all with that. Rather I wager most players simply haven't done equal amount of rain laps as they have dry laps.. thus their perspective is off. I had no problems racing the AI at around 100% difficulty before the patch, in races where it started to rain mid race. AI was good in my opinion.

Now the difference is ridiculous. At 120% I can just barely keep up with most AI around most tracks in the dry.. some tracks they are a few seconds faster than me, others I am a tiny bit faster.. but as soon as it starts raining I suddenly drive several seconds per lap faster. This wasn't the case before the patch.
I agree. The only problem I ever had in the rain was when there were really deep puddles, even before that patch. Cars tended to hydroplane really easily, making it difficult to stay on the track. The car behavior was probably pretty realistic; the real problem I thought was that we shouldn't have been racing in those conditions in the first place. But as long as the rain wasn't too heavy I could keep up with the AI cars. Now I destroy them.

Twinz
08-08-2018, 03:04
I have noticed a sound glitch where the sound of my motor gets muted when close to another car. It's almost as if the game is trying to simulate the way two sounds can interfere/cancel each out....but it gets exaggerated to a point where I thought I ran out of gas our blew my motor.

It's not consistent though. The two times it happened, the car in front of me had just spun and as I try to speed by, the spun car revs to get back on track and the two revving motors equal almost silence.

g.stew
08-08-2018, 17:19
I have noticed a sound glitch where the sound of my motor gets muted when close to another car. It's almost as if the game is trying to simulate the way two sounds can interfere/cancel each out....but it gets exaggerated to a point where I thought I ran out of gas our blew my motor.

It's not consistent though. The two times it happened, the car in front of me had just spun and as I try to speed by, the spun car revs to get back on track and the two revving motors equal almost silence.

On rift with the directional audio? Assuming you were moving your head to follow the sounds car too. Helmet cam or cockpit cam? I haven't experienced this myself but I have experienced some cool realistic sounds with the directional audio on the rift. I wonder if you'd have seen the same in non-vr or in the replay. You should check using replay in normal mode next time it happens.

Raklodder
08-08-2018, 22:36
Patch Thursday anyone? It should make it possible for everyone to play during the weekend. I was thinking of hosting a few 55 min LMP3 races in the rain if anyone is interested.

morpwr
09-08-2018, 12:02
Patch Thursday anyone? It should make it possible for everyone to play during the weekend. I was thinking of hosting a few 55 min LMP3 races in the rain if anyone is interested.

Wouldn't that be a nice surprise….:D

Linx
09-08-2018, 19:29
Ok so I reinstalled the game and absolutely no difference. Still a lot of twitching when wheel is at center with an occasional pull to one side. Absolutely no feel of the road either. Unfortunately still unplayable and has to go back to collecting more dust. I really hope this issue will not be ignored.

David Wright
09-08-2018, 20:09
Its the holiday season so hopefully that's the reason why the next patch is la little late. The cynical side of me wonders if they will delay the patch until just before the next DLC in September, release the game of the year edition and sign off on development. Hopefully SMS will prove me wrong and release the patch tomorrow or next week.

Sith Metal
09-08-2018, 20:10
Ok so I reinstalled the game and absolutely no difference. Still a lot of twitching when wheel is at center with an occasional pull to one side. Absolutely no feel of the road either. Unfortunately still unplayable and has to go back to collecting more dust. I really hope this issue will not be ignored.

The centre feels very loose, with no feeling at all. The FFB definitely needs a tweak, that's why i have not played in a while as i just could not get used to the lack of information from FFB. It's either non existent, too much or intermittent.

I wonder if the devs are watching this thread, i also wonder if they are actually bothered about the FFB issues as I think they believe there is nothing wrong with it, hence they're FFB guide video they posted a while back. I followed the steps in this video and made no noticeable difference.

rocho
10-08-2018, 00:04
I don't know what FFB issues are you talking about. Using raw settings, my T300 gives me plenty of information in most of the cars without any problem.

satco1066
10-08-2018, 09:05
I don't know what FFB issues are you talking about. Using raw settings, my T300 gives me plenty of information in most of the cars without any problem.

thats right for you, but you should see, he is on a XBOX1.

Zaskarspants
10-08-2018, 10:21
The centre feels very loose, with no feeling at all. The FFB definitely needs a tweak, that's why i have not played in a while as i just could not get used to the lack of information from FFB. It's either non existent, too much or intermittent.

I wonder if the devs are watching this thread, i also wonder if they are actually bothered about the FFB issues as I think they believe there is nothing wrong with it, hence they're FFB guide video they posted a while back. I followed the steps in this video and made no noticeable difference.

If you have looked at the advice on the forum and still hate the ffb I dont know what further to suggest but i will try.

A ' loose centre' can be reduced by using tone above 50, Linx's ' twitching' may be reduced by running low 'fx', I use zero.

The informative and immersive profiles can give a more dynamic presentation that may be amplifying your issues so perhaps try 'raw'.

satco1066
11-08-2018, 12:50
i would not bet on that. :p
this entries are overated ;)

rosko
11-08-2018, 14:28

What cars do you drive?

bmanic
11-08-2018, 17:28

Thrustmaster T300 here too and the FFB is absolutely not at all "loose" and actually has much more tire feel (information that lets you know how the tire is slipping/gripping) than any other sim I have available (Except perhaps automobilista which on some cars has even more info). So yeah, not sure what you are looking for in FFB and what you call loose. Probably an Xbox issue as at least on PC it's damn good.

It's also worth noting that the FFB drastically varies on a per car basis. So perhaps the car you want to drive the most has horrible FFB? There are cars in the game where the FFB is hopeless. FFB also varies quite a lot on a per track basis. Some are a lot smoother tracks than others and the surface seems different too (more or less slipping information). Silverstone for instance is very "dull" feeling compared to Oulton Park / Nordschelife.

morpwr
16-08-2018, 12:23
Somebody had to do it. Its Thursday....

CodeCmdr
18-08-2018, 09:25
The point is that SMS used to do detailed patch notes but made the decision to downsacle them as it was becoming to time consuming to do and it was impacted on how much they could do within a patch

Remember the internal patch notes they have will mean very little to those outside of workong on the patch and they pretty much have to rewrite the entire lot to give us an overview

Of course I amongst many others (including SMS themselves I suspect) would like to see a full list of patch notes but honestly if it is a conprimise between more patches or more patch notes I'd take the extra patches an day of the week

That's a rubbish excuse. I'm a software developer and I publish release notes for software artifacts that I release to external users. Compared to the actual software implementation effort, the effort of creating release notes is tiny, as long as you limit yourself to 1 paragraph for major features and 1 short sentence to minor features and bug fixes.

I suspect the developers at SMS are just too undisciplined and chaotic, and that they aren't bothered documenting their work. Or, as others suspect, they're only publishing super vague release notes to avoid Sony and Microsoft from testing their changes more thoroughly.

David Wright
18-08-2018, 09:57
I think Tank621 has misinterpreted what SMS said. I think they said the briefer patch notes reduced the time it took to get the patches released on XB1 and PS4. This isn't because Sony/MS have to do less game testing, but because the change note wording has to meet MS/Sony requirements and the long change notes have led to delays because of this.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62522-PS4-Patch-5&p=1497721&viewfull=1#post1497721

Following the introduction of shorter notes, the delay for the console patches after the steam patch has reduced, especially on XB1.

For example the delay for patch 3 (full notes) was 9 days for both PS4 and XB1
the delay for patch 4 (full notes) was 8 days for PS4 and 14 days for XB1
the delay for patch 5 (short notes) was 6 days for PS4 and 7 days for XB1

there was no delay for patch 6 though timing may have been influenced to coincide with the DLC release.

EDIT: with no patch 7 yet it does look more likely its being held for the Ferrari DLC.

Rodders
18-08-2018, 11:06
That's a rubbish excuse. I'm a software developer and I publish release notes for software artifacts that I release to external users. Compared to the actual software implementation effort, the effort of creating release notes is tiny, as long as you limit yourself to 1 paragraph for major features and 1 short sentence to minor features and bug fixes.

I suspect the developers at SMS are just too undisciplined and chaotic, and that they aren't bothered documenting their work. Or, as others suspect, they're only publishing super vague release notes to avoid Sony and Microsoft from testing their changes more thoroughly.

I think it has something to do with the publishing deal SMS have for the game and the lack of detailed patch notes thing allows them to get more done with patches. I very much doubt the devs are undisciplined and chaotic or the game would never have gotten released. I also suspect your software dev environment will be a tad less intense than theirs.

Seelenkrank
18-08-2018, 11:29
but if you dont write down what is fixed and what is not you dont know what is done yet.
so the notes are there somewhere but we dont get the info whats fixed.

Tank621
18-08-2018, 11:32
It was a while since I posted that but I think I did it from memory so probably misremembered some of it

The original reason from SMS is in the patch notes

These notes are noticeably smaller than previous update notes. We had to refrain from listing every single fix as they were causing massive delays with certification. So keeping the notes smaller allowed us to push the update out for you all much quicker.

As I mentioned previously, we will no longer be releasing fix-by-fix patch notes. I can't fully go into detail why, but just know that it's much more efficient for us internally this way, so this is how it will be going forward. We hope you guys enjoy the new update. Happy racing.

Konan
18-08-2018, 13:37
I suspect the developers at SMS are just too undisciplined and chaotic, and that they aren't bothered documenting their work

What a load of rubbish...

Undisciplined and chaotic? Unlike other publishers SMS works with a community,if the devs were undisciplined and chaotic how do you think they can manage both their own workload and take in mind the communities wishes/requests?
Which brings me directly to your second point...it would be near impossible to be disciplined and organised without having any work documented.
There are various reasons as to why there are no more detailed patchnotes and as far as is possibly allowed those reasons were explained...for the other ones i suspect it is NDA related...
See how i suspected just like you did?
But i'm betting i am way closer to the ball than you were...

Flens07
18-08-2018, 19:10
EDIT: with no patch 7 yet it does look more likely its being held for the Ferrari DLC.

I fear it too - no progress for 12 days (Steam database)

Ed3lm4n
18-08-2018, 19:55
some ideas to make multiplayer (on pc) better:

- don't list inaccessible races or make it possible to filter them (ie. races that are within the 3 minutes of end of qualification, races with passwords, ...)
- list races by car class and length. I usually look for Group C races first, which are very rare. It would be easier if the races could be ranked by car class.
- list other players cars as text and not car icons. It's very hard to see which car they're driving just by the icon as some cars look very much alike.
- show the race settings during every stage of the race. The most asked question is 'pit?' because once started you can't see if there's a mandatory pitstop or not if the host hasn't put it in the name of the race
- show which tires other players are using. In real life race this is info you get as well.
- show who has made a pitstop and who hasn't after the pitstop has been made. Now you have to remember which players have pitted by watching the PIT icon (if you don't miss it). IN real life you also get this info.
- give more time at the end of the race. The general ranking is gone really quick so you can hardly compare lap times etc.
- if you're not entering a race and want to go back, you always end up in the main menu. It would be easier if you got back to the multiplayer races overview.
- show correct length of a race instead of time laps. I've entered many '60 minutes' races that turned out to be 8 laps.

I think some of these things are fairly easy to fix and would help a great deal.

cpcdem
18-08-2018, 20:56
- show the race settings during every stage of the race. The most asked question is 'pit?' because once started you can't see if there's a mandatory pitstop or not if the host hasn't put it in the name of the race

You can already see this information, while you are in the pits or between sessions, lick on the ONLINE LOBBY button, it will show a screen with the lobby settings, just scroll them to see all options including this one. This functionality was added in patch 3 or around that I think.

I agree about the rest of your suggestions...

satco1066
18-08-2018, 23:17
some ideas to make multiplayer (on pc) better:

- give more time at the end of the race. The general ranking is gone really quick so you can hardly compare lap times etc.

this information stands as long as the host does rturn to lobby

UkHardcore23
19-08-2018, 00:47
What a load of rubbish...

Undisciplined and chaotic? Unlike other publishers SMS works with a community,if the devs were undisciplined and chaotic how do you think they can manage both their own workload and take in mind the communities wishes/requests?

The first game aye the second game naw.

It seems night n day the way sms has went about pcars 1 and then 2. They seem a shut up shop and even big companies like ea and ubisoft interact more with their customers than sms who were brilliant 3 years ago.

Twinz
19-08-2018, 00:51
You can already see this information, while you are in the pits or between sessions, lick on the ONLINE LOBBY button, it will show a screen with the lobby settings, just scroll them to see all options including this one. This functionality was added in patch 3 or around that I think.

I agree about the rest of your suggestions...

I think he was asking for the information to be displayed *during* the race....while you are driving.

Konan
19-08-2018, 02:08
even big companies like ea and ubisoft interact more with their customers than sms who were brilliant 3 years ago.

That's a completely different matter...how would you react if every time you try to communicate something you get bashed upon?
They're devs...not fair game...
Now they even get insulted before the patch comes out...that'll certainly make them more eager to communicate...

sas5320
19-08-2018, 02:24
Maybe try understanding why you're getting bashed? Also most of the bashers are gone now, mainly the civil people remaining. Don't they deserve some support and interaction? What was their sin?

Konan
19-08-2018, 02:40
Also most of the bashers are gone now, mainly the civil people remaining.

Yes i can see that every time a new patch comes out...like they're lurking in the shadows.

Konan
19-08-2018, 02:43
Maybe try understanding why you're getting bashed?

That's a good one...I think it's never ok to bash anyone...we are all people over here and every single one deserves a little respect.
Criticism yes...but keep it civil

Miguelito
19-08-2018, 02:49
Yeah, Konan, itīs not against you or the moderators.

Many of us, really think that the detailed patch notes are necessary, even games like Forza make a full post of all the changes. Itīs just that, because itīs not our responsability to check every detailed aspect of the game to see whatīs new. It would be amazing that the devs could make more efforts to check what the community wants and answer what they can do about it. Just that, bro.

Konan
19-08-2018, 02:54
Yeah, Konan, itīs not against you.

Many of us, really think that the detailed patch notes are necessary, even games like Forza make a full post of all the changes. Itīs just that, because itīs not our responsability to check every detailed aspect of the game to see whatīs new. It would be amazing that the devs could make more efforts to check what the community wants and answer what they can do about it. Just that, bro.

I understand that,i also understand nothing of this is against me,i'm just explaining the reason why many of the devs aren't eager to show up anymore...
As for the notes...that's a decision they made and be it forced or not by whatever factor(s), it's a decision we have to respect...
I don't think asking for detailed notes repeatedly will change that...

Edit: They have a pretty good notion of what the community wants...it's not because they don't communicate that they don't read the forums...
But not all wishes are possible to implement.

Ed3lm4n
19-08-2018, 06:11
I think he was asking for the information to be displayed *during* the race....while you are driving.

I was actually reffering to the the moments you're not driving, so thanks for the hint about the online lobby button. Didn't know that (and I think many others as well). But your idea is even better. A small PIT icon while you're driving so you can see that you still have to stop. I did suggest for it to be displayed for other racers pitstops but a seperate icon for your own pitstop would be even better. Just to make sure you're not seeing it wrong while driving and quickly looking at the standings, a seperate icon for your own pit would be best.

GrimeyDog
19-08-2018, 06:13
I saw this on Face Book... I wish they would put DTM cars in Pcars2!!! it would definitely Breath new life into Pcars2 and become my New favorite car class!!!

Is this true could DTM cars be coming to Pcars2???

Tank621
19-08-2018, 08:32
I saw this on Face Book... I wish they would put DTM cars in Pcars2!!! it would definitely Breath new life into Pcars2 and become my New favorite car class!!!

Is this true could DTM cars be coming to Pcars2???

Isn't that the Lausitzring? Probably a Raceroom pic they just use as a place holder

CodeCmdr
19-08-2018, 10:42
Edit: They have a pretty good notion of what the community wants...it's not because they don't communicate that they don't read the forums...
But not all wishes are possible to implement.

The community has made hundreds of suggestions on how to improve multiplayer in PCars2, and SMS hasn't really changed anything. Not even trivial features, like adding some filter options to make finding a race less tedious, are being added by SMS.

Polyphony Digital came out after PCars2 and already released 23 patches, with something like 20+ cars, 3+ tracks, major physics improvements, major multiplayer improvements, and a single-player campaign. All of that for free, btw. People voiced their concerns to Polyphone Digital about a crummy sound effects (in previous titles), lack of single-player content, unrealistic tire models, and unfair penalty systems, and Polyphony Digital keeps improving and delivering what their fans want.

Mad Al
19-08-2018, 11:13
The community has made hundreds of suggestions on how to improve multiplayer in PCars2, and SMS hasn't really changed anything. Not even trivial features, like adding some filter options to make finding a race less tedious, are being added by SMS.

Polyphony Digital came out after PCars2 and already released 23 patches, with something like 20+ cars, 3+ tracks, major physics improvements, major multiplayer improvements, and a single-player campaign. All of that for free, btw. People voiced their concerns to Polyphone Digital about a crummy sound effects (in previous titles), lack of single-player content, unrealistic tire models, and unfair penalty systems, and Polyphony Digital keeps improving and delivering what their fans want.

Why do people insist on comparing titles.. it's totally pointless. When PD get around to delivering a multiplatform title.. I'll start to be impressed, but then as a Sony subsidiary isn't very likely to do that, is it.

bmanic
19-08-2018, 11:57
Yeah, Konan, itīs not against you or the moderators.

Many of us, really think that the detailed patch notes are necessary, even games like Forza make a full post of all the changes.

No, they do NOT list all the tiny details. Dude, look at the patch notes carefully of Forza.. now compare the actually detailed patch notes SMS released before going back to the simplified patch notes.

bmanic
19-08-2018, 12:02

This I can agree with.. when it comes to the trivial feature requests. SMS has NOT made the multiplayer lobby any more useful since launch (ok they fixed some obvious problems/bugs like the annoying exit from lobby too easily). Super simple things would make the multiplayer lobby and especially the online session browser much better. Things the community have suggested over and over again, since launch (like the various filtering options and easier way to actually see races that you can enter and an actually properly working chat box for the lobby and online part.. one that doesn't cut out stuff and is resizable/configurable somehow).

Frankly I'm extremely surprised the whole multiplayer part has changed so little. Is it a component that easily can brake the whole system/game? Is that why it almost nothing has changed?

Redna1L
19-08-2018, 13:22
Would love to see Time Trial gain the ability to compare Cars not just by genre. As a GT3 driver it’s painful trying to find where you truly sit on the leaderboards. [Xbox]

cpcdem
19-08-2018, 13:26
This I can agree with.. when it comes to the trivial feature requests. SMS has NOT made the multiplayer lobby any more useful since launch (ok they fixed some obvious problems/bugs like the annoying exit from lobby too easily). Super simple things would make the multiplayer lobby and especially the online session browser much better. Things the community have suggested over and over again, since launch (like the various filtering options and easier way to actually see races that you can enter and an actually properly working chat box for the lobby and online part.. one that doesn't cut out stuff and is resizable/configurable somehow).

Frankly I'm extremely surprised the whole multiplayer part has changed so little. Is it a component that easily can brake the whole system/game? Is that why it almost nothing has changed?

I think it does not get significant attention by the devs simply because the majority of people do not play multiplayer. Such a pity, since IMHO racing against real people is the most thrilling aspect of sim racing.

About the exiting too easily, are you sure this was addressed? I think it is still just a single right mouse click all it takes to leave a server without confirmation before a race, after having spent 30 minutes qualifying for it...

Olijke Poffer
19-08-2018, 15:35
I have the feeling that Pcars 2 is what it is. No more major updates/changes. We have to wait on Pcars 3 (if there will be a next version)
I like pcars despite its flaws, thus I keep racing but hope to see a new version..

giulianbu
19-08-2018, 18:24
It's been almost a year since there's the problem of slow AI in the rain ... SMS listen to us? I do not think so.

Konan
19-08-2018, 18:27
It's been almost a year since there's the problem of slow AI in the rain ... SMS listen to us? I do not think so.

The AI has been tweaked with every patch but it's difficult when half of the community says they are too fast in the rain and the other half says they're too slow...

giulianbu
19-08-2018, 18:33
Konan So you think they will not fix this SERIOUS problem? It's ridiculous because I know that we are many to complain, and for those "scarce" in the wet enough to put the AI at 10 :)

Konan
19-08-2018, 18:35
I didn't say that... Doug has stated that the AI will be worked at with every patch so it most probably will get some tweaks again...

giulianbu
19-08-2018, 18:38
how many patches will they still do? now almost 1 year has passed, I'm afraid they will not solve this problem and I'll have to give up pj cars 2 :(

Konan
19-08-2018, 18:39
I have no idea really...

Keena
19-08-2018, 19:22
I like your honesty Konan. Its why i value your opinion. :)

Konan
19-08-2018, 19:25
I like your honesty Konan. Its why i value your opinion. :)

Thanks...much appreciated mate :cool:

TerminatorGR
19-08-2018, 20:01
The AI has been tweaked with every patch but it's difficult when half of the community says they are too fast in the rain and the other half says they're too slow...This is very bizarre. I cant believe there are people who think the AI is too fast in the rain in this game. I always play at 100/100 and the AI is simply too slow in the rain. Just give it a substantial speed boost without much calculation and it will be fine.

Asturbo
19-08-2018, 20:06
This is very bizarre. I cant believe there are people who think the AI is too fast in the rain in this game. I always play at 100/100 and the AI is simply too slow in the rain. Just give it a substantial speed boost without much calculation and it will be fine.
Yes, it WAS too fast before patch 5 and that caused many complaints. In patch 6 it was tunned, but for most of the comments in the forum, now is too slow. Probably it was slowered too much, but as Konan has said, it hard to find equivalent performance level as an human driver in different conditions.

Schnizz58
20-08-2018, 16:11
That's a completely different matter...how would you react if every time you try to communicate something you get bashed upon?
They're devs...not fair game...
Now they even get insulted before the patch comes out...that'll certainly make them more eager to communicate...

I've been there. I've flown out to meet with customers face-to-face who were less than pleased that the system they paid 6 figures for isn't working properly. Is it fun? Hell no, it's brutal! But it certainly gives some perspective to walk a mile in the customer's shoes. It comes with the territory.

Konan
20-08-2018, 16:26
I've been there. I've flown out to meet with customers face-to-face who were less than pleased that the system they paid 6 figures for isn't working properly. Is it fun? Hell no, it's brutal! But it certainly gives some perspective to walk a mile in the customer's shoes. It comes with the territory.

Maybe... But that still doesn't mean that territory needs to expand though :cool:

Schnizz58
20-08-2018, 16:31
Maybe... But that still doesn't mean that territory needs to expand though :cool:

True but all I'm saying is that's part of what you sign up for when you step into that role. Having said that, there's no excuse for any sort of personal attack against the designers or developers. But you better be able to handle it when somebody calls your baby ugly.

bmanic
20-08-2018, 16:51

The AI has been tweaked all the time.. and has improved vastly in some areas. Yeah, they are still way too slow in the rain.. perhaps even slower than ever before but hopefully this can still be fixed before the sim is shelved for good.

bmanic
20-08-2018, 16:55
The AI has been tweaked with every patch but it's difficult when half of the community says they are too fast in the rain and the other half says they're too slow...

I'd really like to have some real data on this. As far as I can tell, most people think the AI is too fast through the puddles. The AI is super duper mega super slow in rain on average though. Even at 120% difficulty I lap the AI between 4 to 7 seconds per lap depending on car type and track.

I'm absoltely 100% sure people who think the AI are too fast in rain are a tiny minority and frankly.. if they are THAT slow, they should just drive first without any AI. Set AI to easiest difficulty and jst laugh at the pace they drive in rain.

It's worth saying this again: It is NOT possible to make the AI "too fast" unless they get warp speed (like 20+ seconds per lap too fast)... because we can always turn down the difficulty. This is the whole crux of the problem.. people who know how to drive at a moderate pace literally have no challenge in the game, at any settings in the rain. People who slow can always turn it down.

Schnizz58
20-08-2018, 17:32
I'd really like to have some real data on this. As far as I can tell, most people think the AI is too fast through the puddles. The AI is super duper mega super slow in rain on average though. Even at 120% difficulty I lap the AI between 4 to 7 seconds per lap depending on car type and track.
Agreed. The AI don't avoid puddles like we have to. I was in a wet race at Nurb GP the other day and followed an AI car on the back straight going up the hill to the chicane. At the little kink, the AI was right up against the kerb and I followed right behind him. But water was accumulating up against that kerb and although it was fine every lap up til then, that time I went spinning off course so fast my mind barely had time to register what was happening before I was in the barrier.

It's worth saying this again: It is NOT possible to make the AI "too fast" unless they get warp speed (like 20+ seconds per lap too fast)... because we can always turn down the difficulty. This is the whole crux of the problem.. people who know how to drive at a moderate pace literally have no challenge in the game, at any settings in the rain. People who slow can always turn it down.
True. I think the key point is that whatever setting you use in the dry needs to also work in the wet. You don't want to have one difficulty setting for dry races and a different one for wet races. Another thing I've noticed is that they are much faster (unrealistically so) on a drying track.

Konan
20-08-2018, 20:50
As far as I can tell, most people think the AI is too fast through the puddles.

doesn't that prove my point that at least half of the community thinks they're too fast? puddles are part of a rainy track are they not?

Schnizz58
20-08-2018, 21:00
doesn't that prove my point that at least half of the community thinks they're too fast? puddles are part of a rainy track are they not?

Not really; we're talking about two different things. One is the overall pace of AI cars in the wet. They're too slow. The other is their behavior in puddles of water. We have to avoid those puddles or we will aquaplane. The AI cars drive through them like they aren't there (because for them, they aren't).

CoproManiac
20-08-2018, 21:01

Not always, like there's no puddles at Sugo

David Wright
20-08-2018, 21:16
NWe have to avoid those puddles or we will aquaplane. The AI cars drive through them like they aren't there (because for them, they aren't).

This isn't true. I can drive through puddles (with wets) on the straights. You have to be careful on corners and where just one side of the car drives over the puddle. Also the AI do not drive through puddles as if they are not there. Doug has explained that the AI lift partially for puddles. This is one reason they may be too slow in the wet.

Schnizz58
20-08-2018, 22:00
This isn't true. I can drive through puddles (with wets) on the straights. You have to be careful on corners and where just one side of the car drives over the puddle. Also the AI do not drive through puddles as if they are not there. Doug has explained that the AI lift partially for puddles. This is one reason they may be too slow in the wet.

Maybe not all puddles but there are puddles that the AI can drive through and we can't. Being careful isn't sufficient. You have to avoid them altogether. The AI cars don't. Just another example of the AI playing by a different set of rules.

satco1066
21-08-2018, 08:53
there are 100s of puddles at all tracks. So , writing " there are...." makes no sense.
A "puddle" section in Asturbo's inofficial bug list would be benefical.

Atak Kat
21-08-2018, 11:29
The other is their behavior in puddles of water. We have to avoid those puddles or we will aquaplane. The AI cars drive through them like they aren't there (because for them, they aren't).

Maybe off topic but have you tried to increase the ride height a bit? I used to have same frustration but when I increased the height it made a huge difference. I havent done many wet races recently but for me this was a complete game changer.

Keena
21-08-2018, 13:00
^ +1. Makes a big difference.

Schnizz58
21-08-2018, 13:20
I'll give it a try. Thanks.

pferreirag60
21-08-2018, 13:32
I always play with Ai at 102:100 also, every time with 3 weather slots (clouds, light rain, Sun).
But sometimes, in this transitions, I cannot drive when starts to rain( I also think the AI is slow in rain), it feels like iīm driving in Ice, as even with high gear(4 and 5) iīm dancing in the road( at only 80km/h- 120km/h) and at that speed iīm loosing the car allover the place.

But if i start a race in rain, with an transision to Sun, the car drives very nicely in the rain.

Note: The funny think is that sometimes even with slicks iīm able to drive in the rain pretty easy, but other times, the same type of rain i cannot drive in rain even with wet-tyres.

Atak Kat
21-08-2018, 13:40
I always play with Ai at 102:100 also, every time with 3 weather slots (clouds, light rain, Sun).
But sometimes, in this transitions, I cannot drive when starts to rain( I also think the AI is slow in rain), it feels like iīm driving in Ice, as even with high gear(4 and 5) iīm dancing in the road( at only 80km/h- 120km/h) and at that speed iīm loosing the car allover the place.

But if i start a race in rain, with an transision to Sun, the car drives very nicely in the rain.

Note: The funny think is that sometimes even with slicks iīm able to drive in the rain pretty easy, but other times, the same type of rain i cannot drive in rain even with wet-tyres.

That's interesting, I might have to try that. Quick question, is there any chance your tires are selected as 'Automatic by weather'? Maybe in scenario 1 it is fitting slicks, but in scenario 2 it is starting with wets???

poirqc
22-08-2018, 02:48
Maybe off topic but have you tried to increase the ride height a bit? I used to have same frustration but when I increased the height it made a huge difference. I havent done many wet races recently but for me this was a complete game changer.

Wow! Man! Game changer is an understatement! :D Thanks so much for this. It never crossed my mind but it makes a lot of sense. Puddles are really believable now.

Took the took the BMW 320 TC for example. The default ride height give a good rake(PC2Tuner rocks). I move front and rear by 20mm. Oulton Park international and Donnington GP were really nice with this change!

Hitting some puddles full speed doesn't unsettle the whole car instantly. It only pull the steering in a believable way like it does in your car! :D

I wonder if it's mentioned in York's video.

Again, thanks a super bunch! :D :cool::victorious:

Keena
22-08-2018, 06:09
In real life the floor can cause aquaplaning as much as the tyres. I dont know if this is modelled in PC2 but im increasingly thinking it is. Very impressive if so..
https://sidepodcast.com/post/why-cant-they-make-racing-cars-work-in-the-rain

Edit- a note of caution- the article describes 'weight' and how this pertains to the coefficient of friction. Weight is an apparent effect which can change with acceleration through the various planes. Mass is constant.

pferreirag60
22-08-2018, 10:44
That's interesting, I might have to try that. Quick question, is there any chance your tires are selected as 'Automatic by weather'? Maybe in scenario 1 it is fitting slicks, but in scenario 2 it is starting with wets???

Yes i have automatic by weather, but i always check in race what type of tires iīm using.

As i have said, usually even with slicks i can race pretty easily in light rain against the Ai, but sometimes, exactly the same conditions (I always use the same conditions in every track, of course if i choose a different continent i get different track and air temp.) iīm unable to drive even with wet tires. Maybe thatīs why some people think that the AI in rain is fast, when in fact is really slow (track dependent), they are only fast to the player that cannot accelerate straight even in 4 gear with wet tires in light rain or rain.

Thatīs have been my experience almost every day, because of the conditions i choose to drive

Note: To say the true, when the "bug" happens i just quit, and choose a different track, the problem is that i waste almost 1 hour in practice, and than i have a race 40 minutes long, after that i have to sleep (job next morning :) ) so, iīm unable to replicate the problem, but it happens often.

Edit: In practice i use the same conditions as in the race, iīm not sure but i think it can happen too in practice (race weekend)

Note1: I always pit during race to change tires, but sometimes iīm unable to reach the pits with ligh rain and slick tires, after just one lap in rain.

BrakeCheck101
22-08-2018, 14:52
Can't believe I never thought of this earlier. Will give it a try. Thanks!

Schnizz58
22-08-2018, 17:09
there are 100s of puddles at all tracks. So , writing " there are...." makes no sense.
Makes perfect sense to me. Some puddles cause you to aquaplane. Some don't. No puddles cause the AI cars to aquaplane. However, I haven't tried raising the ride height yet so maybe that's the solution.

UkHardcore23
23-08-2018, 09:15
When did the last patch drop? Seems like absolute ages ago!

David Wright
23-08-2018, 10:31
When did the last patch drop? Seems like absolute ages ago!

Early June. Following the previous 2 month schedule the next patch was due Early August. It seems SMS are delaying it to coincide with the Ferrari DLC due early Sept. Is this because they want to avoid the "leaking" of the DLC which happened with the Porsche Pack?

UkHardcore23
23-08-2018, 11:36
Early June. Following the previous 2 month schedule the next patch was due Early August. It seems SMS are delaying it to coincide with the Ferrari DLC due early Sept. Is this because they want to avoid the "leaking" of the DLC which happened with the Porsche Pack?

Does it matter if it gets leaked? Wouldnt that actually create PR and hype about it?

satco1066
23-08-2018, 13:08

it shouldnt be a big problem to generate patches w/o data of the next DLC, or just to inject dummy placeholders in case that DLC items must be in.
In case of fake names, models and liveries not a really big deal.

Flens07
23-08-2018, 14:54
There are also patches without DLC in the world - I would like one

Shinzah
23-08-2018, 15:07
I'm taking the unpopular opinion - I want to wait until the DLC is released.

This will give me one download instead of two separate downloads, making it easier for me to calculate my bandwidth usages for the month.

Red Leader
23-08-2018, 16:11
Personally don't care if they package the download in one or two releases, as long as the bugs get fixed.

Asturbo
23-08-2018, 16:25
Personally don't care if they package the download in one or two releases, as long as the bugs get fixed.
Agree. One week earler or later doesn't change anything for most of us. The important is to see an important breakthrought that makes PC2 a realiable option for online comunities.

Flens07
23-08-2018, 17:00
I'm not talking about a week or so earlier, but so far the patches have not been a disappointment, but unfortunately they were not the holy grail either ... And sometimes a patch brings more problems than before :cool:

Keena
23-08-2018, 17:30
That reminds me. I need to turn off my Steam auto update..

Bealdor
23-08-2018, 20:41
That reminds me. I need to turn off my Steam auto update..

But that doesn't change a thing really.
Even if you turn off automatic updates Steam won't allow you to play outdated versions of a game unless you're playing in offline mode.

bmanic
24-08-2018, 02:23

Puddles are completely bugged for the player and AI is not at all affected by them. It really is that simple.

AI overall in the rain, not counting the puddles, are extremely slow, even at 120% difficulty.

poirqc
24-08-2018, 02:57
Puddles are completely bugged for the player and AI is not at all affected by them. It really is that simple.

AI overall in the rain, not counting the puddles, are extremely slow, even at 120% difficulty.

I'm liking half your post. :) I agree that beside puddles, they aren't really going fast in the rain.

Raising the ride height is a game changer when dealing with puddles. I'm not saying it's covering all possible bugs. But it makes a big difference! They're belivable now.

Keena
24-08-2018, 06:13
But that doesn't change a thing really.
Even if you turn off automatic updates Steam won't allow you to play outdated versions of a game unless you're playing in offline mode.
Can I do that in career mode? Thanks for the heads up.

Cholton82
24-08-2018, 11:12
Just wondering ...... Next patch last patch ???

Scott Coffey
24-08-2018, 11:36

I hope not... MP issues alone will more than likely require multiple patches.

David Wright
24-08-2018, 11:40

Ian did say support wasn't limited to a year but my gut feeling is it probably is the last patch. If there are more then it will be a nice surprise.

Asturbo
24-08-2018, 12:06
Probably the GOTY with all the content will be launched in November. How it's sure that something needs to be fixed in the GOTY, I spect patches probably until the end of the year.

David Wright
24-08-2018, 12:27
Probably the GOTY with all the content will be launched in November.

With PC1 the GOTY edition came out 12 months after PC1 launch - so potentially PC2 GOTY could be out next month.

Lakiboom
24-08-2018, 12:56
Ian did say support wasn't limited to a year but my gut feeling is it probably is the last patch. If there are more then it will be a nice surprise.

Game has a lot of bugs. Don't know how about DLC, but it shouldn't be the last patch.

David Wright
24-08-2018, 13:42
Game has a lot of bugs. Don't know how about DLC, but it shouldn't be the last patch.

What should happen and what actually happens are of course two different things. I just feel if a bug/issue isn't fixed after a year then it probably isn't going to get fixed. But I may well be wrong. Ian has said support isn't limited to a year. More than one person said there would be no patches after the first 2 and they were wrong. Time will tell :)

Asturbo
24-08-2018, 14:21
This is an Ian quote of april, one of his last posts, that still give me hopes:

"When we start pCARS3 we're going to make sure it's an absolute game changer. We want to work from a fantastic base and that's why we're still working on pCARS2."

Some personal deductions:

They was working on PC2 at that moment (end of April). The patch came few weeks later, so much of the work he is reffering to, is not still in any patch.
I still don't know what he was refering to with "cool things".
"When we start pCARS3...", I interpret a) there will be PC3 and b) it's still far, far away. Not the same as PC2 that was announced inmediatly after PC1.
"...to make sure it's an absolute game changer..." Not possible with actual gen of consoles. So may be for the next one when avaliable. Makes sense.
"We want to work from a fantastic base.." So they have to fix most issues as they can, if they want to use PC2 as base, in their own interest.

I know it is a two line post 4 months old, but is the only "official info" we have ATM. I hope in september, we receive some news about future plans (new sesson pass, PC3...).

Konan
24-08-2018, 15:12
This is an Ian quote of april, one of his last posts in the forum, that still give me some hopes:

Some personal comments:

They was working on PC2 at that moment (end of April). The patch came few weeks later, so much of the work he is reffering to, is not still in any patch.
"When we start pCARS3...", I interpret a) there will be PC3 and b) it's still far, far away. Not the same as PC2 that was announced inmediatly after PC1.
"...to make sure it's an absolute game changer..." Not possible with actual gen of consoles. So may be for the next one when avaliable. Makes sense.
"We want to work from a fantastic base.." So they have to fix most issues as they can, if they want to use PC2 as base, in their own interest.

I know it is a two line post 4 months old, but is the only "official info" we have ATM. I hope in september, we receive some news of future plans (new sesson pass, PC3, or discontinuing, who knows...).

Looks like Nathan made some recent comments in Actrollvision's stream...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51275-Upcoming-DLC-Teases-and-Speculation&p=1535463&viewfull=1#post1535463

cpcdem
24-08-2018, 15:57
This is an Ian quote of april, one of his last posts in the forum, that still give me some hopes:

This is indeed very encouraging to hear, must have missed this message, but I can't find it now either. Was it posted in a different forum?

MrTulip
24-08-2018, 16:04
This is indeed very encouraging to hear, must have missed this message, but I can't find it now either. Was it posted in a different forum?

It was in WMD lounge, so it was not visible to all.

cpcdem
24-08-2018, 16:26
It was in WMD lounge, so it was not visible to all.

OK, fantastic, thanks!

Cholton82
25-08-2018, 07:52
I think when something isn’t financially viable anymore naturally a company will move resources on to the next project , Me personally if they had a major set of new features and content they could add to PCars 2 I’d pay the original price again . I’ve had my Ģ40 worth out of this game 10 times over and will happily support the continued success of SMS .

Flens07
25-08-2018, 09:33
Was with pCARS1 exactly the same: support ended after the last DLC was out. Everyone knows the state of the Sim when that happened ...
And no matter how many threads are pounded on upcoming DLCs - I'm sure after the Ferrari DLC is over it goes to the next project ... Hope Iīm wrong!!

cpcdem
25-08-2018, 14:45
I think when something isn’t financially viable anymore naturally a company will move resources on to the next project , Me personally if they had a major set of new features and content they could add to PCars 2 I’d pay the original price again . I’ve had my Ģ40 worth out of this game 10 times over and will happily support the continued success of SMS .

Of course every company can do everything it wants, many of us here have companies and they can do everything they want, and of course we have to live with the consequences of what we do, having very happy and excited customers who will support our next endeavor, or have people very disappointed for being left alone still fighting with numerous problems and bugs so long time after product release.

I completely agree about paying the original price again, I also had over 10 times worth of my 100 euro out of this game and I wish there's some way to financially help continuous development/bugfixing. I've been still having a blast playing this sim, and will likely continue to do so for long into the future as it has so much mindbogglingly vast content, but on the other hand I get a lot of frustration from it very often due to its problems, mainly online, so I think it's only natural to expect/hope it will be further improved.

leonstone
26-08-2018, 05:44
We gave up the league because of network problems.It's so sad
There were not many people to play, but now there are even fewer people

Flens07
26-08-2018, 08:47

Itīs nearly the same in my community - and I know that these guys wouldnīt give pCARS a third chance...ībut the reason is found by the quality/issues in pCARS2. Thatīs fact. As I said a few days ago: Itīs a jewel, but itīs not polished (yet)

Edit: I use pCARS ONLY online! I have not a clue about singleplayer & ai

lnepaul
26-08-2018, 09:58
It was frustrated when disconnect during game. Really a bad influence of gaming.
hopely can fix this issue in next patch.

bmanic
26-08-2018, 14:39
They're belivable now.

They are definitely bugged at low speeds still.. doesn't matter what ride height. You still get aqua planing even at 30km/h (FFB goes completely limp and weird and you can't turn the vehicle at all). Personally I never had any problems with the puddles on straights but I get super annoyed at the ones in the various hairpins where speeds are non-existent.

David Wright
26-08-2018, 15:27
They are definitely bugged at low speeds still.. doesn't matter what ride height. You still get aqua planing even at 30km/h (FFB goes completely limp and weird and you can't turn the vehicle at all). Personally I never had any problems with the puddles on straights but I get super annoyed at the ones in the various hairpins where speeds are non-existent.

Presumably you are talking about slicks.

MrTulip
26-08-2018, 20:46
Presumably you are talking about slicks.

No, even wets have problems with big puddles in some car classes. Group 5 comes to mind and no rideheight adjustments helped.

Of the cars I regularly drive in PCARS2 ones that I can tell work very well are Group A wets as well as road cars with Summer tyres (also Corsa are ok with smaller puddles). GT3 you have to be careful even with the wets, but mostly they are manageable there unless its flooding.

pcars rookie
26-08-2018, 23:40
Might be a real stupid question.
Has SMS stated that another patch is coming or is the focus now on Project Cars 3, just wondering.

Mahjik
27-08-2018, 00:01
Might be a real stupid question.
Has SMS stated that another patch is coming or is the focus now on Project Cars 3, just wondering.

There have been mentions from various SMS staff members of a forthcoming patch in threads (where they have said things like "XXX is fixed in the next patch" or "good things are coming"). SMS wasn't shy when they announced PC2 so if there was a PC3 in the works, we'd all know about it.

BigDad
27-08-2018, 02:20
There have been mentions from various SMS staff members of a forthcoming patch in threads (where they have said things like "XXX is fixed in the next patch" or "good things are coming"). SMS wasn't shy when they announced PC2 so if there was a PC3 in the works, we'd all know about it.

Or did they just learn not to announce anything to early just to avoid the hate ?
Back OT , it has been a while between patches and we must be due soon !

Mahjik
27-08-2018, 03:14
Or did they just learn not to announce anything to early just to avoid the hate ?

SMS is more than PC2, that is for sure. They do have other projects, but they've never been shy in the past about their sim projects. Granted, there is always a first but I doubt it would be in this area.

Red Leader
27-08-2018, 13:55
Hopefully sooner than later. Had a league finale yesterday, 2 Hours of Lemans. With 10 minutes left, the podium and championship in the bag, the game disconnects.
Just a little frustrating :cool:

David Wright
27-08-2018, 14:39
Back OT , it has been a while between patches and we must be due soon !

Most likely it will appear just before the next DLC (expected in September), as happened with the Le Mans DLC.

ProDriver
27-08-2018, 14:41

@Flens07 @lnepaul

In our league (FA4RACERS) nobody disconnect, the reason??? Fixed ip and DMZs issues. When a new member entry in our league we force him/her to do that two actions because the problem is that he can be disconnected, but he/she can kick other members as well. So in train season we check that the rokie has done the actions and the days of the race, nobody disconnect.

Cladandadum
27-08-2018, 14:47
I wonder if September's patch will be extensive or mostly to support the Ferrari dlc?

Keena
27-08-2018, 15:35
Pure speculation and wishful thinking here but..
I noticed just now after restarting my career again from formula rookie, at Oultons Park now the pits are full of equipment and the pit wall has monitors with telemetry etc on them (static at the moment but it looks a lot like pcarsprofiler type stuff). This wasn't the case when I first started playing this game and seeing as there were requests for more items in the garages and ambience increases who knows what the future might bring. Its fairly obvious the devs do listen and work on stuff so I remain in a pretty good place when it comes to looking forward with this studio regarding patches. For sure PC2 has a lifespan in terms of ongoing upgrades, and who knows, but like I said- Im speculating from a happy perspective ;)

Flens07
27-08-2018, 17:49
@Prodriver

Hand on the heart. Even if that was a solution for PC - it should already run out of the box.

It can not be that you have to do completely undocumented tricks just to drive properly online

sas5320
27-08-2018, 18:17
Also some ISP charge extra for fixed IP, it is the situation in USA for example

Chin
27-08-2018, 23:25
@Prodriver

Hand on the heart. Even if that was a solution for PC - it should already run out of the box.

It can not be that you have to do completely undocumented tricks just to drive properly online

I think the point is that it may be at least partially out of the hands of developers... I have had only 2 disconnects in over 70 races (one I think I can trace to my end); I don't have an issue.

Javaniceday
27-08-2018, 23:53
@Flens07 @lnepaul

In our league (FA4RACERS) nobody disconnect, the reason??? Fixed ip and DMZs issues. When a new member entry in our league we force him/her to do that two actions because the problem is that he can be disconnected, but he/she can kick other members as well. So in train season we check that the rokie has done the actions and the days of the race, nobody disconnect.

How does one go about fixing ip and DMZ issues?

CodeCmdr
28-08-2018, 04:52
@Flens07 @lnepaul

Seriously, do NOT configure a DMZ of your home network if you care about security. You're going to be really vulnerable to all sorts of hacks.

Peer-to-peer multiplayer games work without needing to configure any routing and firewall settings thanks to something called UPnP. It's nothing new and it works very well, when used correctly. The network stability problems in Project Cars 2 are due to bad programming. We should not need to completely open up our home network to make network disconnects less likely.

ProDriver
28-08-2018, 08:41
@Prodriver

I absolutely agree with you, but it is the only solution we had found to fix that problem.

ProDriver
28-08-2018, 08:44
Seriously, do NOT configure a DMZ of your home network if you care about security. You're going to be really vulnerable to all sorts of hacks.

Peer-to-peer multiplayer games work without needing to configure any routing and firewall settings thanks to something called UPnP. It's nothing new and it works very well, when used correctly. The network stability problems in Project Cars 2 are due to bad programming. We should not need to completely open up our home network to make network disconnects less likely.

I do not control about that theme but, if there were insecure for us, we didn't take those actions into account. Dont you think so?

Brado23
28-08-2018, 23:06
No new builds on steam for over 3 weeks now. Hopefully it is just on hold until they release the next DLC/patch soon and they haven't ended development for pCars2 altogether?

I assume they don't want to release the DLC/patch too close to the release of F1 2018 when a lot of people are off playing that which makes sense. I assume they have had the DLC/patch ready to go for the last 3 weeks, but holding off until around Sept 4 which is 3 months after the last DLC and gives F1 2018 time too cool down in the meantime.

I really hope they can add UDP telemetry direct to an IP address rather than broadcast before they end development to get around the issue of some routers not liking broadcasts. This has been requested for a long time, even since the pCars1 days so I really hope they can add it before finishing development. Other games like F1 2017/2018 have it and it would be nice to have it in pCars2 also.

I really appreciate SMS's longevity in supporting this game through patches and really hope it can continue.

RacingAtHome
29-08-2018, 03:46

Plus, they're entrusting this with people who would, most likely, just want to race and do not have the ability to or are unaware of the risks of doing so.

Donnced
29-08-2018, 14:49

If you open the DMZ only for the fixed IP address of the PS4, there should be no problem, cause it is just like opening all the firewall gates.

I wouldn't open the DMZ for the computer or a mobile device that are more vulnerable to get a hack entering instead a console.

I also putted a fixed IP on PS4, opened DMZ to exclusive to that IP address, configured Google DNS on PS4 and putted the MTU manually to 1473

Since then I've got rarely deconetions on Project Cars 2

But sure that the netcode and stability in Project Cars 1 was rock solid out of box, so SMS sure can improve a lot the netcode and stability in an update.

Flens07
29-08-2018, 15:02
No new builds on steam for over 3 weeks now. Hopefully it is just on hold until they release the next DLC/patch soon and they haven't ended development for pCars2 altogether?

And not any word from SMS for weeks....

Donnced: Are you kidding? Have you ever played PC1 online? With every patch it was more worst than before - and finaly unplayable (equal if dedi or not). That was the time our coummunity changed to Racerooom and Assetto Corsa. Thatīs stable in online-gaming. We had tears in our eyes about the stability of the two games in that time....

Koboldx
29-08-2018, 19:01

+1 this... ffb feels really broken with alot of cars, the only car that have always perfect ffb is the xbow... and that means, reinstall wont help me. I dont get it why people dont saw a issue with ffb, ffb is a joke with 50% of the cars in pcars2.

I got a bad feeling sms going to ignore this problems and just release the last patch in few week and abandoned the game.

Koboldx
29-08-2018, 19:25
It was frustrated when disconnect during game. Really a bad influence of gaming.
hopely can fix this issue in next patch.

You can fix this by yourself and forward this ports on your router:

pCars2:
27015 tcp/udp
27016 tcp/udp
8766 steam

no more disconnects for other players if i forward this ports as host.

Upnp is shit, upnp is a open gate... its for people who have zero experience and your network is also vulnerable!

Open your ports manually, in your router network under portforwarding.

kofotsjanne
29-08-2018, 21:35
This is an Ian quote of april, one of his last posts, that still give me hopes:

"When we start pCARS3 we're going to make sure it's an absolute game changer. We want to work from a fantastic base and that's why we're still working on pCARS2."

Some personal deductions:

I know it is a two line post 4 months old, but is the only "official info" we have ATM. I hope in september, we receive some news about future plans (new sesson pass, PC3...).
Thats weird. He made it sound fantastic just a year ago.

Gav88888
30-08-2018, 07:39
Suspect PC2 development/patching is coming to an end and PC3, or some other game they are working on is taking most of their time these days.

Loeki
30-08-2018, 09:52
They are working on a new franchise as well. This is from a job description on their website:
This role involves development of the core AI tech for racing titles currently being developed in Slightly Mad Studios including a new and very exciting franchise

CodeCmdr
02-09-2018, 09:46
You can fix this by yourself and forward this ports on your router:

pCars2:
27015 tcp/udp
27016 tcp/udp
8766 steam

no more disconnects for other players if i forward this ports as host.

Upnp is shit, upnp is a open gate... its for people who have zero experience and your network is also vulnerable!

Open your ports manually, in your router network under portforwarding.

I play tons of multiplayer games. Even Half-Life 1 Deathmatch and Team Fortress Classic, the first online games I played 19 years ago, were more stable than Project Cars 2. I think the only time I had to manually configure firewalls and port routes was something like 8 years ago in some badly programmed Battlefield game which didn't support UPnP. UPnP is fine and nowadays even crappy routers should be able to deal with it correctly.

Sith Metal
02-09-2018, 20:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc7F1vC6_wQ

this month?

neddyie116
03-09-2018, 09:09
Are we expecting the next patch today?

GenBrien
03-09-2018, 09:49
Are we expecting the next patch today?

I'm off today& tomorow, so with my luck, dont expect it before Wednesday:rolleyes:

Olijke Poffer
03-09-2018, 10:13
Why today?

Flens07
03-09-2018, 10:53
I think the patch will be launches with the DLC. And afaik: nobody knows the date of dlc-release

FxUK
03-09-2018, 15:45
Up until recently, steamdb showed no activity for about 28 days, but staging branch was updated a few hours ago.
https://steamdb.info/app/378860/depots/

Not so sure on my original prediction now though... maybe another week ?!?

My guess, 4th September 2018.

UkHardcore23
04-09-2018, 20:10
They are working on a new franchise as well. This is from a job description on their website:

‎Paul Rustchynsky joined them so my bet is a not very good arcade game. His last game On Rush was abysmal and Driveclub was average at best.

The gaming world is crying out for a new PGR style game but no one is making it. Instead we are getting weird arcade games that no one is buying and studios are shutting! Only decent arcade game is Horizon.

gotdirt410sprintcar
05-09-2018, 03:51
FFB lol go try gt sport and compare and tell me if its broke

Do need to fix the rain races though.

Asturbo
05-09-2018, 11:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z193UHZnhB4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn9E5i7l-Eg

Konan
05-09-2018, 11:56
http://youtu.be/ErvgV4P6Fzc

Bealdor
05-09-2018, 12:12
http://youtu.be/ErvgV4P6Fzc

http://youtu.be/hFDcoX7s6rE

Asturbo
05-09-2018, 12:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Konan
05-09-2018, 12:18
http://youtu.be/cFRk0FfaQi0

Asturbo
05-09-2018, 12:19
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t99KH0TR-J4

cluck
05-09-2018, 12:23

hmmsk
05-09-2018, 12:34
This is probably the best page of discussion i have seen on this forum

wabi
05-09-2018, 12:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz_Q65tI_Hs

amazed
05-09-2018, 13:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz_Q65tI_Hs

Saab confirmed!

Bealdor
05-09-2018, 13:34

http://youtu.be/_6FBfAQ-NDE

Asturbo
05-09-2018, 13:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGSKrC7dGcY

Epic thread !!!

Konan
05-09-2018, 13:51
http://youtu.be/n03g8nsaBro

cpcdem
05-09-2018, 13:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReuWlABb8FQ

transfix
05-09-2018, 15:34
Top This !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUAaHkGpJy8

MOTOJUNGLA
05-09-2018, 17:31
Hi folks
There is something new about something?

Cladandadum
05-09-2018, 17:40
So, the patch isn't out yet?

Mahjik
05-09-2018, 17:45
So, the patch isn't out yet?

When it's out, there will be a notice posted in the Announcements section as there is with all patches:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?119-News-amp-Announcements

Bealdor
05-09-2018, 17:48
Not yet.

Eric Rowland
05-09-2018, 17:50
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-O1lVRzZUZkWpUPRZhiqbDOYsldmtOjNmB9Y5z4qALlfp2EZo

cluck
Not yet.What about now?

:D

cluck
What about now?

:DIs the patch out now?

cluck
05-09-2018, 17:51
Is the patch out now?Are we there yet?

MOTOJUNGLA
05-09-2018, 17:51
Not yet.

Thanks

MOTOJUNGLA
05-09-2018, 17:52
What about now?

:D

lol :P

Bealdor
05-09-2018, 17:56
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-O1lVRzZUZkWpUPRZhiqbDOYsldmtOjNmB9Y5z4qALlfp2EZo

No worries, it's just the clam before the storm.

https://www.hash.com/forums/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-12014-0-33843200-1418420683.jpg

Cladandadum
05-09-2018, 17:59

https://www.hash.com/forums/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-12014-0-33843200-1418420683.jpg

Is that Mugello with the rain settings?

Mad Al
05-09-2018, 18:05
Must be something Ferrari related, they've been associated with Shell for decades

Konan
05-09-2018, 18:08
They even have a flounder driving one of their cars... :p

Kriig
06-09-2018, 08:05

The new Ferrari Arsella?

Petrol delivered by Shell...

Sorry.. A dry one.. Just had to....

ProDriver
06-09-2018, 09:30
Change "ring" for "patch" and that is the song of the threat LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reJUHoEbhf4

GrimeyDog
06-09-2018, 10:37
Will the Next patch have cars with built in WiFi and Satelite radio??? It would be nice if they program in a Navigation system to... But I fear that maybe only a wish and a dream:p

http://youtu.be/XMVokT5e0zs

Would be Nice to listen to classic radio on Nuburgring:o

FxUK
07-09-2018, 14:28
Just checked the steamdb page and saw something interesting...

Testing of Tobii ET - 4 hours ago. Can't say I have seen that one before.
Tobii eye tracking integration, that could be interesting, since I have one gathering dust.

https://steamdb.info/app/378860/depots/

rosko
07-09-2018, 14:37
What's the big secret with the drop date of these patches?

FxUK
07-09-2018, 14:43
What's the big secret with the drop date of these patches?

It's understandable, if they say x and something goes wrong preventing that, uproar ensues.
I would rather them take their sweet time and get it right, than rush it out to meet an announced date.

ermo
07-09-2018, 14:48
Are we there yet?

Tuesday.

Possibly the 2nd Tuesday of next week.

rosko
07-09-2018, 15:00
It's understandable, if they say x and something goes wrong preventing that, uproar ensues.
I would rather them take their sweet time and get it right, than rush it out to meet an announced date.

Yeah but they usually know when its been sent off to Sony. At one point they used to tell us & it never caused uproar.

Mahjik
07-09-2018, 15:03
Yeah but they usually know when its been sent off to Sony. At one point they used to tell us & it never caused uproar.

Yes, they did and whenever they had more than one iteration with 3rd Party approval, it cased delays which did cause complaints. Just noting when something is sent for approval, doesn't mean it will get approved on the first attempt.

cluck
07-09-2018, 15:25
Tuesday.

Possibly the 2nd Tuesday of next week.That's odd. My diary only shows one Tuesday for next week, should I get a refund?

;)

FxUK
07-09-2018, 15:29
That's odd. My diary only shows one Tuesday for next week, should I get a refund?

;)

The first Tuesday is from midnight to about 3am, then after sleep and waking up at some point, whilst its still Tuesday, it could be considered the 2nd Tuesday, I guess :)

Gix916
07-09-2018, 15:51
.......than rush it out to meet an announced date.
Like what happen with the game itself.

wabi
07-09-2018, 16:16
That's odd. My diary only shows one Tuesday for next week, should I get a refund?

;)

Common guys, don't buy these cheap calendars with only one Tuesday per week ... :cool:

Konan
07-09-2018, 17:25
Common guys, don't buy these cheap calendars with only one Tuesday per week ... :cool:

I wonder why they never have two Saturdays or Sundays?

Chin
07-09-2018, 17:39
I wonder why they never have two Saturdays or Sundays?

You can't afford those calendars... :greedy_dollars:

Scott Coffey
07-09-2018, 17:39

Or, more rationally, announce an expected date. If it slips, it's not the end of the world but at least we have a ballpark date. If SMS lets a bit of "uproar" upset them, then they are too thin-skinned.

Konan
07-09-2018, 17:42
"ā BIT of uproar"?
Mate have you been sleeping the past three years? :p

rosko
07-09-2018, 19:37
But look at the uproar I'm causing now at them not giving us a bit of a idea. :p it's counter intuitive.

Konan
07-09-2018, 19:45
But look at the uproar I'm causing now at them not giving us a bit of a idea. :p .

Nope... Business as usual...ripples in the pond... Lol

FxUK
07-09-2018, 19:56
Personally, I'm not fussed about specific / ball park dates, it gets here when it gets here.
Its not like the game is completely and utterly broken or anything. I still very much enjoy it and have great fun / races daily, without issue.