PDA

View Full Version : GT3 cars

panzerboy555
04-08-2018, 12:03
Why is it I can drive any GT3 cars in Qualifying/Time trial /free practice without the car snapping/oversteer but soon as I start a race after a lap or so I'm in the wall after a spin?
The worst culprit is the Porsche 911 GT3 I have tried so many changes in setup and still to no avail.I have even played around with the diff and spool set to on but no luck.

Zaskarspants
04-08-2018, 12:24
Are your tyres cooling down after the start perhaps and reducing grip?

r200ti
04-08-2018, 13:31
I have the same sometimes (not all the time) Im guessing its the game changing the track condition.
It is hugely frustrating to have a spot on setup, then in the race the car is everywhere.

And as ^ said, as we need to run hards most of the time they seem to have quite a sharp drop in grip when they get to 'cold' (I think its around 70c) Ive been caught like that in races, suddenly loose a second a lap when temps cool

Seelenkrank
04-08-2018, 15:23
the worst part is when you try to get your tire pressures correct in training/qualy and in the race its all for nothing because the conditions had change complete...

Twinz
04-08-2018, 15:40
I think PC2 is simulating they way a car's behavior changes as the tires go through a race.

I love the Ferrari in qualifying, on soft slicks, but I also try to leave myself time to do a few laps on hards before the race starts. The car's balance suffers (compared to softs) even when the hards get up to temp.

The Mercedes seems to change less over the course of a race than the Ferrari, so I will try using that for anything over 6 laps.

I also need to find out how long the softs are useful and try to take advantage of them in the short races.

Leynad
04-08-2018, 16:21
At the end of a qualifying you have much more rubber and grip on the track compare to the race which starts green again.

Bealdor
04-08-2018, 17:01
At the end of a qualifying you have much more rubber and grip on the track compare to the race which starts green again.

Track conditions from previous sessions are taken over to the race. But I think it gets reset when you use the restart option.

panzerboy555
04-08-2018, 17:54
What about time I have set Qualifying to 1 hour 30 and race is 2 hours at Spa,When I have set a lap time in Qualifying I quit to race,will this effect the race track for not allowing the timer to run down?

Bealdor
04-08-2018, 18:35
What about time I have set Qualifying to 1 hour 30 and race is 2 hours at Spa,When I have set a lap time in Qualifying I quit to race,will this effect the race track for not allowing the timer to run down?

Yes it's possible that this resets the track conditions but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Gav88888
04-08-2018, 19:15
I have the same, currently doing the AOR GT3 league and in offline race or practise I get a mint setup using the same conditions as the race, but come the actual race itís like Iím driving on ice the whole race, and the last race was 1.5hrs and the handling was cack the whole race.

I also noticed the hard tires hardly wore down, how long do these things last considering they were hardly worn, I suspect I would need to do a 6hr race to wear them down...

Makes having a setup pointless really as you canít replicate the race conditions unless you have an online lobby with plenty of people in it. It seems the physics perhaps go off a bit when lots of people are in a lobby?

DECATUR PLAYA
04-08-2018, 19:20
Why is it I can drive any GT3 cars in Qualifying/Time trial /free practice without the car snapping/oversteer but soon as I start a race after a lap or so I'm in the wall after a spin?
The worst culprit is the Porsche 911 GT3 I have tried so many changes in setup and still to no avail.I have even played around with the diff and spool set to on but no luck.

Use solo race session to setup your car for races. No AI. Keep hitting restart session to make changes.. In a race tires are already warm so they push past optimal temps quicker and go away.

When you get good at setting up the tires you can get them to lock at optimal temps or better known as the sweet spot.

Gav88888
04-08-2018, 19:36
Use solo race session to setup your car for races. No AI. Keep hitting restart session to make changes.. In a race tires are already warm so they push past optimal temps quicker and go away.

When you get good at setting up the tires you can get them to lock at optimal temps or better known as the sweet spot.

That is what I do for offline racing, use a race for setup work, and it works nicely, no point using practice like you would IRL as the conditions change but the AI speed doesnít.

DECATUR PLAYA
05-08-2018, 01:37
That is what I do for offline racing, use a race for setup work, and it works nicely, no point using practice like you would IRL as the conditions change but the AI speed doesnít.

^Yeah it works great.

Private testing still has its place as it is the best way to set your car up for qualifying.

panzerboy555
05-08-2018, 06:53
Found this over on GT planet.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/car-behavior-and-tire-temps-after-patch-2-0.361962/

It has links to pdf files for Michelin/Pirelli/Hankook tyre temps.

BioBen
09-08-2018, 08:35
In single player races I always make sure to never run a "warm-up" lap as the AI just putters around at a slow pace and all of the heat leaves the tires and brakes.
Also a common problem in practice can be not doing enough laps to get the tires fully up to temp and pressure before deciding to make setup changes. The race starts you on pre-heated brakes and tires so if you set your car up based on low pressure tires you will probably have a bad time :)

Mincepie10
13-08-2018, 11:52
Hi, I think there were some threads about this a while back. I had the same problem and was told to ALWAYS re-save my set up before the race as sometimes it doesn't automatically save from the qualifying session. Since then, I have found the problem to be much less. I drive faster in training than in a qualifying session or race still, but the difference between qualifying and the race has disappeared. In fact, I sometimes lap faster now in races given the lighter fuel load. It was the Porsche GT3 I had a problem with most in regards to inconsistent performance. Hope this helps.

m00lean
14-08-2018, 13:53
I experienced sudden "snappy" oversteer in online GT3 races, too. Only in race, only online. I have quite suffisticated setups and know how to use them, but the sudden grip loss kills it. After patch 5 I thought it was because of changes to the tires, but it keeps happening even with perfect conditions. Start may be fine, but at some point the car decides to spin for no reason.