PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 917k

Nic Jackson
12-08-2018, 07:39
Guys

Loving driving this car around the Old classic Le mans/Spa /Monza circuits I have reasonable race setups with it with the exception of one thing.

The car seems to dive a lot under braking with the front almost looking as it is going to roll the tarmac up in front of it.

I have tried various bump/rebound settings tied in with various spring rates etc.

Is this an issue with the modelling of the car or am I missing something in my set up????

Regards

Nic

blinkngone
12-08-2018, 08:30
Guys

Loving driving this car around the Old classic Le mans/Spa /Monza circuits I have reasonable race setups with it with the exception of one thing.

The car seems to dive a lot under braking with the front almost looking as it is going to roll the tarmac up in front of it.

I have tried various bump/rebound settings tied in with various spring rates etc.

Is this an issue with the modelling of the car or am I missing something in my set up????

Regards

Nic

It's not you the car just does that. The AI cars don't seem to behave this way in the videos I have done myself. The 917K in Assetto Corsa has a similar issue but not to the magnitude of ours so I guess it is a difficult car to get right. In the real life videos the car doesn't appear to have this problem.

hkraft300
12-08-2018, 08:42
Word on the interforums is the track tire has too much grip and is not period correct. So instead of locking and sliding, the tires are gripping. You need to go significantly stiffer than default (+75%?) To control the body movement.
Or, lower the AI strength, switch to the all-terrain and enjoy the car as it was in ye olde days.

blinkngone
12-08-2018, 09:27

Nic Jackson
12-08-2018, 13:59
Appreciate the quick reply guys.

Regards

Nic