PDA

View Full Version : Full length Le Mans 24h, 100% AI, GTE (with Bobby)

Shnoo80
13-08-2018, 11:53
Hey,

I have one opportunity to do full LeMans 24h starting on Tuesday near 23:00 CEST.
My family goes on countryside, Wednesday is a bank holiday in Poland so this is one of really very few momments I can drive full length 24h race. I will do it on XB One.

Any tips? I know that I should do dry race, because I tried random weather races and drying track makes it unable to drive.
I want to do 40-50% of time behind a wheel.
Unfortunately I found Bobby to be 1-4 seconds slower than other cars. I also discovered that if I do first lap slow, AI is not so quick for the rest of a race. If I do super fast first lap, opponents are stronger and Bobby is slower at the same time. Did you notice it too?

If you did full 24h, especially with 100% difficulty, please share a link to post or YT.

Other thing - having twitch running during such a long race can cause any crashes?

Bealdor
13-08-2018, 11:59
Turn off penalties. Your AI copilot can get you disqualified if he's cutting the track too often.

Shnoo80
13-08-2018, 12:23
Good point.
It's a shame that AI gets penalties that often. It also makes a room for me to drive wide sometimes, or don't get penalty for cutting last chicane too much.

How about recording? I have external drive connected, but even though I have > 900 GB, it only allows me to record up to 1h :/

VelvetTorpedo
13-08-2018, 12:37
stream it to twitch as you play, then you can download your twitch stream later. i know xbox has that as a feature

Gav88888
13-08-2018, 14:20
I wanted to do this with Spa 24hr but with the AI driving being so slow I’m not bothering. If he matched my pace or AI pace then fair enough. I like the idea of doing stints like IRL through the night etc. Just make sure you get some sleep and food/drink ����

Smoked_Cheddar
13-08-2018, 16:20
i think this has been asked before, but you can't swap with real drivers in multiplayer right?

Shnoo80
13-08-2018, 17:01
Right, only with AI

sas5320
13-08-2018, 23:43
Turn off penalties. Your AI copilot can get you disqualified if he's cutting the track too often.

Take it step further, turn off Penalties and Damage completely whenever racing AI. It's just a much smoother experience and the penalties mainly affect the player only, other AI never get track cut penalties for example, You see them take lines you'll get penalized for. Damage is also weird. You really just wanna race with a big field and minimal fuss, again just ditch penalties and damage and go easy with the weather too, AI doesnt match player ability in weather very well still.

Shnoo80
14-08-2018, 08:52
Thanks!
I will do that. It's a shame that only player is affected by damage.
One last thing I was testing yesterday was how tires pressure amd compound affectsy co-driver, but it seems it dorsn't have much influence.
I suck on hard tyres, so I will use soft, but will give hard for codriver.
Other thing that makes this whole race harder is that codriver is always changing tyres, while other AI cars change them only once per 2 stops. This means loss of ~17 seconds every 2 stops (every 1.5h), so total race loss will be around 1-1.5 minutes because of this.
I also found out that on slicks I need to change tyres every pit, but I gain more time than I lose in the pits

Shnoo80
15-08-2018, 08:09
It is almost 10h of my race. Bobby is doing last stint of his current session and I am positively impressed. He is doing only 2-3 sec slower than me and only 1-2 sec slower than others. We do maximum stint lenghts, while others do shorter and thanks to this after our last stop we are on 4th/5th with less than 1m30s behind leader. I can catch him during my next 3h stint :)
All is running smoothly and that is great. I hoped to fight for podium and rhis is exactly what is happening :)

LeMansIndy500
15-08-2018, 19:07
It is almost 10h of my race. Bobby is doing last stint of his current session and I am positively impressed. He is doing only 2-3 sec slower than me and only 1-2 sec slower than others. We do maximum stint lenghts, while others do shorter and thanks to this after our last stop we are on 4th/5th with less than 1m30s behind leader. I can catch him during my next 3h stint :)
All is running smoothly and that is great. I hoped to fight for podium and rhis is exactly what is happening :)

Be very careful if you go to sleep. I attempted a full 24 hour race and whilst I was sleeping my Bob ran out of fuel before pitting. I awoke to the very disappointing site of my car in the garage retired.

Hugo Catarino
15-08-2018, 20:15
Be very careful if you go to sleep. I attempted a full 24 hour race and whilst I was sleeping my Bob ran out of fuel before pitting. I awoke to the very disappointing site of my car in the garage retired.

Well that's Le Mans for you, happens a lot in real life :P

Your posts have inspired me to do the same, i can't run a 24h challenge but a 8h race is doable for me. Never tried Bobby, hope he's good enough to help me snatch the win!

Shnoo80
15-08-2018, 22:48
Ohhhhh nooooooo.
You won't believe what happened!
It was 17 minutes till the end, I have 1m 30s advantage over second place and I hit tyres and broke my front window, so I entered the pits to repair it. I was selecting pit strategy just before entering pits amd I failed to turn on speed limiter. But I was able to make a pit.
Unfortunately while leaving pits still on 1st place, I saw message "wrong way - disqualified".
I just can't believe it :(
Anyway I feel like a winner tho! Without this bug it was easy win...

Shnoo80
15-08-2018, 22:53
Check it out on the video:
http://www.twitch.tv/shnoo80/v/297694859?sr=a&t=18778s

5:12:40 - just before all started...