PDA

View Full Version : T300 ps4 Quick tip

xtro
13-08-2018, 16:10
Just a quick tip to anyone using a t300 on ps4. Always set it in PS3/pc mode... Your. Wheel will be recognized in all titles as a t500. If you use a shifter and a clutch plug it in USB mode so that it is working with all games. I did test this on several games during the weekend and the Ffb is far beyond what you get in PS4 mode. Especially in dirt games and pcars... I could never make sense of the Ffb in pc2 before this and trust me this will make it easier to find your perfect setup.

chickano
13-08-2018, 20:00
do all the button assignments still work correctly? It's a good tip this, and i'm curious to check it out. Is there not a negative impact of this though? I mean it's safe to do this without jeopardising the wheel base? Thanks

xtro
13-08-2018, 20:25
do all the button assignments still work correctly? It's a good tip this, and i'm curious to check it out. Is there not a negative impact of this though? I mean it's safe to do this without jeopardising the wheel base? Thanks

The only difference I noticed so far is that the PS4 button on the wheel base won't work .. all the other buttons work as before and you have to start your games using the ds4. Other than this no issues at all for me all games list the wheel as a t500. Dirt feels amazing and I am also suddenly a lot less frustrated with the ffb in pcars 2... It might even be good :) .. I wish I knew that a year ago.

FOG-Smokebeer
14-08-2018, 02:40
I had I try on pc2 m8 and tbh the ffb felt the same after an hour tweaking I could not get it any better than ps4 mode..

Djuvinile
14-08-2018, 10:14
Interresting.. not that i have any problems regrding ffb, but im curios to see if its an improvement to more people.

xtro
14-08-2018, 14:08
I had I try on pc2 m8 and tbh the ffb felt the same after an hour tweaking I could not get it any better than ps4 mode..

Thank you for giving it a try though :)

UkHardcore23
14-08-2018, 15:17
Interesting will give it a try, What flavour are you using?

xtro
14-08-2018, 15:23
Interesting will give it a try, What flavour are you using?

I'm on raw 50505015 with 0 controller damping and 0 speed sensitivity. It's a bit light though

jof
15-08-2018, 02:39
I'll have to give this a try later. I like trying to get the best out of my T300 and pedals. Last week I swapped the accelerator and clutch pedal springs around and now I feel I have better throttle control due to the increased resistance.

Zaskarspants
15-08-2018, 09:53
^^^^ I swapped the springs like this on my g920 and felt it gave me better throttle position feedback.

chickano
16-08-2018, 14:22
The only difference I noticed so far is that the PS4 button on the wheel base won't work .. all the other buttons work as before and you have to start your games using the ds4. Other than this no issues at all for me all games list the wheel as a t500. Dirt feels amazing and I am also suddenly a lot less frustrated with the ffb in pcars 2... It might even be good :) .. I wish I knew that a year ago.

Ok thanks that's good to know. I sometimes get random button presses on my T300, it goes to the ps4 screen , pauses and sometimes pulls left without warning. Not often mind you but every once in a while. It's a known thing with the T300. I have an endurance race coming up so i'll see if this eliminates it.

Thanks,

Also regarding swapping the springs on the pedals, I did thi too on my T3PA pro, i got new springs from a dutch texh / sim site, and theyre much stiffer. really improved the feel and control. The clutch spring is actually really stiff

http://www.mardomedia.com/verenset-voor-thrustmaster-t3pa-pro-pedalen.html

and for brake swapped out the conocal mod for a different grade rubber from here: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/bbj-sim-racing-t3pa-pro-improved-conical-brake-mods.374501/

UkHardcore23
16-08-2018, 23:34
Ive set the wheel to PS3 but in game its still showing as T300...any ideas why its not changing?

Edit....got it. Honestly i prefer it in T300 ps4 mode. Changing it to T500 the wheel lost some of its smoothness and became a bit notchy almost like a logitech wheel.

Tried it 8 laps with a 570s at knockhill ( best track for ffb) both 300 mode n 500.

xtro
18-08-2018, 23:58
Ive set the wheel to PS3 but in game its still showing as T300...any ideas why its not changing?

Edit....got it. Honestly i prefer it in T300 ps4 mode. Changing it to T500 the wheel lost some of its smoothness and became a bit notchy almost like a logitech wheel.

Tried it 8 laps with a 570s at knockhill ( best track for ffb) both 300 mode n 500.

Well sorry. It must have been an edge case with the t300 firmware I was using... Though I found out something new now lolol... Never trust the soft lock ever again. Hardware set 540 degrees for road cars gt and rally games and 360 for open wheels... Thanks to codies F1 ..this new "rule" works well in pc2 :).. for the ones who tried sorry for messing with your setups guys!