PDA

View Full Version : Please improve stability control

Hugo Catarino
15-08-2018, 20:28
Hello!

I play Pcars with a gamepad. Although i do fairly decent with most cars, there are some cars that are particularly difficult to get around,specially on certain tracks or conditions.Sometimes there are situations that i can't control/save the car with the ease and that makes the experience frustating at the times. Either because of an external distration or an honest driving mistake, i see myself many times in a situation here i spin around and the race is pretty much over for me.Sure,i can setup the car or the controller,but i'm not a setup wizard and by now my controller settings are the best ones i could find.

Well,then i should resort to SC to help prevent this happening with certain cars,right?But the SC is just awfull,turns all cars into boats. Not at all the smooth SC from PC1 or Assetto Corsa, were it works the way it's meant to work: helps the car going around in a easier and more controlled way. In PC2,SC feels like the car is constantly hitting invible walls,a boat in the middle of the ocean going side by side,up and down.It gets to the point that some cars are harder to drive with SC than without.

Is there a way SC could be improved?I thinks it's too strong,if it was weaker maybe the cars would not behave this way?Im sure it would be a very welcomed improvment in the non-alien community :o

DECATUR PLAYA
15-08-2018, 22:45
Hello!

I play Pcars with a gamepad. Although i do fairly decent with most cars, there are some cars that are particularly difficult to get around,specially on certain tracks or conditions.Sometimes there are situations that i can't control/save the car with the ease and that makes the experience frustating at the times. Either because of an external distration or an honest driving mistake, i see myself many times in a situation here i spin around and the race is pretty much over for me.Sure,i can setup the car or the controller,but i'm not a setup wizard and by now my controller settings are the best ones i could find.

Well,then i should resort to SC to help prevent this happening with certain cars,right?But the SC is just awfull,turns all cars into boats. Not at all the smooth SC from PC1 or Assetto Corsa, were it works the way it's meant to work: helps the car going around in a easier and more controlled way. In PC2,SC feels like the car is constantly hitting invible walls,a boat in the middle of the ocean going side by side,up and down.It gets to the point that some cars are harder to drive with SC than without.

Is there a way SC could be improved?I thinks it's too strong,if it was weaker maybe the cars would not behave this way?Im sure it would be a very welcomed improvment in the non-alien community :o

The SC is so strong to help the inexperienced driver. To get it more comfortable you have to tune the elements that are controlled by the stability control.

Engine braking
ABS
Traction Control

I think its one more system controlled by the stability control that i cant think of. Definitely play with the traction control and engine braking to get the stability control to ease up some.