PDA

View Full Version : BMW M6 GT3 @ Monza

Strelitzia
16-08-2018, 22:45
How does one run a sub 1:47 with this car? I've seen it done one hard tires by multiple people. When I'm driving it, I seem to get the kind of understeer where if you keep trying to turn the wheel, the understeer gets worst. If the car isn't understeering the back end seems to step out easy on turn entry; what's the proper line for the lesmos or section just after the second chicane?
https://youtu.be/pMY0g_aqlIY

blinkngone
16-08-2018, 22:54
How does one run a sub 1:47 with this car? I've seen it done one hard tires by multiple people. When I'm driving it, I seem to get the kind of understeer where if you keep trying to turn the wheel, the understeer gets worst. If the car isn't understeering the back end seems to step out easy on turn entry; what's the proper line for the lesmos or section just after the second chicane?

Hey, first post welcome home.:) On PC in TT there has only been 1 1:47 run using Default. What console are you on and what controller are you using?

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=4241994684&vehicle=4053780148

Strelitzia
16-08-2018, 23:08
PS4 Logitech G29 standard petals

Strelitzia
17-08-2018, 00:08
any of the 13 viewers have input?

blinkngone
17-08-2018, 00:55
Well, it's going to be difficult for people to help you without more information. Some will probably like to look at a video of your driving. You can't post videos easily until you get more posts. From your description of understeer getting worse it may be that you haven't scrubed off enough speed entering the corner and your brakes might be locking making it impossible for you to steer.
The first corner(4) you need to be outside on entry and clip the apex. The next in this series(5) you need to be careful on exit or you will end up off track left. Usually slow in and fast out is best for corners this sharp. For overtseer
on exit you can reduce the rear ARB. If the back end is stepping out on entry you can try increasing the Engine Braking value(higher number).
http://snaplap.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/15170848/Monza-Circuit-map-layout.jpg

blinkngone
17-08-2018, 01:16
This is a setup for the from TT(WR), notice he has adjusted the brake balance forward from Default to reduce locking on corner entry.

Strelitzia
17-08-2018, 19:55
I'm using the proper line throughout the track, I've been racing on sims for years. I just need to know if people are using the back end to steer the car (drifting slightly for a wide slip angle to rotate around the corner). Otherwise its the differential and trail braking. I'm running abs and forward bias on brakes. People have said the car is hard to setup and a lot of people have stopped playing the game so maybe there isn't anyone who can run 1:45 anymore.

blinkngone
17-08-2018, 21:21
I'm using the proper line throughout the track, I've been racing on sims for years. I just need to know if people are using the back end to steer the car (drifting slightly for a wide slip angle to rotate around the corner). Otherwise its the differential and trail braking. I'm running abs and forward bias on brakes. People have said the car is hard to setup and a lot of people have stopped playing the game so maybe there isn't anyone who can run 1:45 anymore.

Ok, well the previous setup I posted was from a run on 6/28 of 1:45.828 and there is a run from 8/03 at 1:46.269. There hasn't been a patch since these runs were made. There isn't a lot of interest in the M6 but if there were it would be likely that there would be many 1:45 runs and probably quicker as well with the 6.0 patch. I would expect that there are people on PS4 that could easily put the M6 into the 1:44s if they wanted. The BMW hasn't been popular at Monza since the 3.0 patch which was way back last year(November). There are a few BMWs still being run in AOR leagues. As you have said it appears that there are fewer people playing the game now as well but it is not just the M6 that isn't being utilized.
This is the LSD used in the 1:45 run from 6/28.

Strelitzia
17-08-2018, 21:38
I'm going to link my hot lap on youtube and post my setup. The car has understeer, unstable understeer, and oversteer. You will see that on most turns I apply little steering angle as the back end is sliding.

Its on youtube now

"BMW M6 GT3 Monza" by Mr.B3ntley

blinkngone
17-08-2018, 22:57
I'm going to link my hot lap on youtube and post my setup. The car has understeer, unstable understeer, and oversteer. You will see that on most turns I apply little steering angle as the back end is sliding.

Its on youtube now

"BMW M6 GT3 Monza" by Mr.B3ntley

Ok, and here is Headpain's WR setup so you can see how it compares to yours.

Strelitzia
17-08-2018, 23:13
nearly identical, mine is just softer.

blinkngone
17-08-2018, 23:47
nearly identical, mine is just softer.

Ok, well maybe you could try Engine Braking at 5 instead of 3. How about reducing the front ARB? Maybe 60 and, go back to the Default front toe of -0.2 or -0.1.

Strelitzia
18-08-2018, 00:01
I'm struggling with instability and understeer.
How do you attack the corners?
light-extended braking right up to the apex?
Extremely hard on the brakes absolutely slamming the gears?
Aggressive initial turn of the wheel? Early or late turn in points?
Slight drifts through the lesmos?