PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars 2 Auto Clutch strange behaviour

kraM1t
19-08-2018, 01:14
https://streamable.com/gpchl

I've always ran auto clutch off as I have a TH8A, but whilst driving the Formula A I tried toggling it on, to my surprise it actually made a difference in a sequential car?

You can see it engaging in the telemetry (grey bar) but also it effects the throttle blipping, watch the downshifts with auto clutch on, the throttle (green bar) blips like crazy and seems to provide more stable rear at lower gears. With autoclutch off it just blips once on each downshift, instead of flickering off and on.

So what's the deal with this? Every other sim the sequential cars behave the same whether autoclutch is on or not.

It's hard to notice the difference so much on video, but you can feel it while driving the car, someone else test to confirm?

Azure Flare
19-08-2018, 06:46
You don't need to use auto clutch in that car.

kraM1t
19-08-2018, 11:47
I know that, but for people without a H shifter, they'll leave auto clutch enabled. Why is it creating a more stable rear on downshifts and changing the throttle blip behaviour of a sequential?

pimpi84
21-08-2018, 11:12
Hi!
I actually found something similar, maybe you can find some useful info in this thread.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?61699-Auto-clutch-and-Auto-blip-strange-behavior

Paolo

cpcdem
21-08-2018, 15:49
OK, great to see that others are seeing this as well and I was not going crazy noticing that it does makes a considerable difference using auto clutch or on off in sequenetial geared cars, where it clearly shouldn't. Not in all though, for example in the turing cars I have found this not to make a difference, but in the GT5s, it does always give a few tenths per lap to set autoclutch off...

CoproManiac
21-08-2018, 18:54
I've seen people do this in the league I'm in... I've tried to turn it off in the AMG GT3 and it just wants to kill me when shifting down into 2nd gear, let alone shifting down into 1st. Was more manageable when applying some throttle when downshifting, but in the end I'm slower with it. I know the Lambo and the Audi GT3s don't suffer (as much) from this issue and they can downshift into 2nd and 1st with autoclutch off a lot easier, without completely unsettling the rear. Kind of an unfair advantage if you'd ask me.

cpcdem
21-08-2018, 23:45
I've seen people do this in the league I'm in... I've tried to turn it off in the AMG GT3 and it just wants to kill me when shifting down into 2nd gear, let alone shifting down into 1st. Was more manageable when applying some throttle when downshifting, but in the end I'm slower with it. I know the Lambo and the Audi GT3s don't suffer (as much) from this issue and they can downshift into 2nd and 1st with autoclutch off a lot easier, without completely unsettling the rear. Kind of an unfair advantage if you'd ask me.

More like it's plainly very wrong if that happens indeed and needs to be fixed asap IMO...

Azure Flare
21-08-2018, 23:52

I think that's a characteristic of that car. Downshifting too fast, even in a car that blips for you can still unsettle rear of the car.

CoproManiac
22-08-2018, 12:17
I think that's a characteristic of that car. Downshifting too fast, even in a car that blips for you can still unsettle rear of the car.

I understand, but try driving with autoclutch on in the AMG GT3 and then turn it off, then compare that to the Audi for example.

Azure Flare
25-08-2018, 12:15
I understand, but try driving with autoclutch on in the AMG GT3 and then turn it off, then compare that to the Audi for example.

I don't use auto clutch at all.

cpcdem
25-08-2018, 14:14
I don't use auto clutch at all.

I think the general comment is not directed to you, but to the devs, that cars which have a sequential gearbox behave differently (when shifting gears) when autoclutch is on than when it is off. I think the OP implies (and I completely agree) that this behavior is clearly wrong and this is a bug than needs to be fixed.

blankfile
25-08-2018, 14:28
increase the setting for engine braking (increase slider, lower the actual engine braking) when your rear end is letting go while downshifting. Some cars have it good on the default and others are a bit too sharp

cpcdem
25-08-2018, 14:53
increase the setting for engine braking (increase slider, lower the actual engine braking) when your rear end is letting go while downshifting. Some cars have it good on the default and others are a bit too sharp

That's not the point, the issue in discussion here is that depending on if autoclutch is on or off, (some) sequential cars have different behavior and need different handling from the driver compared to when it is off. And this is very clearly wrong, isn't it?