PDA

View Full Version : Tracks and layouts that you may have missed

MrTulip
20-08-2018, 18:37
Among the myriad of track layouts in PCARS2 there are some true gems that may go unnoticed, so I introduce you one that you may have missed.

Despite being a fictional version of the real Suzuka GP track, the Sakitto GP track is quite popular due to its high speed and good flow and nice scenery.

Yet it's International layout may easily go unnoticed, not least because it does not fit on the same screen in the menu, and you have to scroll for it. Sakitto International was my favourite track layout already in PCARS1, and like Knockhill in PCARS2, it was good for the slower spectrum of the cars such as BMW 2002 Turbo. Yet I had forgotten it until I found it again for a bit beefier experience with Group A cars.

International layout is completely different than Sakitto GP. It is even hard to place it on the same track the first couple of times you test it.

It is much tighter and driven in reverse, transforming the whole track to a completely different experience. The main and only straight ends in a high speed trail braking turn that keeps tightening heavily. Even scarier is the chicane at the bottom of the track that makes you wince every time you approach it from the top of the hill, especially in VR. In the last part of the track is the series of tight 90 degree turns, of which the first you enter with a nice deep Scandinavian flick, clear the rest with hefty swings and opposite lock, until finally cutting the armco of the last of them as close as you dare, and next time even closer, and back to the part with the main straight.

What a blast! :cool:

rich1e I
20-08-2018, 19:23
Absolutely agree on this. Really love Sakitto international.

Stewy32
20-08-2018, 19:42
Another track people may have missed is Cadwell Park.No one seems to dive it but it is a lot of fun.

SGETI
20-08-2018, 20:05
Deep Forest, both directions

Tank621
20-08-2018, 20:14
Well I got bored and ran Ford Sierras at Knockhill Tri Oval just because it's the closest we can get to UK Short Oval racing, turns out it's pretty fun; lots of sliding and bumper to bumper action

cxMilk
21-08-2018, 02:17
Sakitto GP ... International layout
Despite hating Sakitto*, possibly more than any other track in any racing game ever, SMS did a brilliant job with both the National (Sprint?) and International layouts. The National (I think it's the National) is just a brilliant reinterpretation of the proper National that has much better flow.

The International, on the other hand, is a heart-stopping exercise in bravery coming down that hill into the chicane. Between the chicane at the bottom of the hill and the tight 90 degree stuff on the backside is just a lovely strip of tarmac for lower class cars. I typically botch that section up pretty badly one way or another 98% of the time, but that remaining 2% where I get it all right leaves me smiling. And the tight stuff on the backside makes up for the loss of the chicane at Monza Short. I might be the only person who actually liked that concrete barrier thrown in the middle of the track.

*Did I mention how much I hate Sakitto GP?

Redna1L
21-08-2018, 07:01
I don’t understand how Suzuka seems to be faithfully reproduced in just about every sim apart from this one?
What happened?

Bealdor
21-08-2018, 07:09
I don’t understand how Suzuka seems to be faithfully reproduced in just about every sim apart from this one?
What happened?

License was too expensive IIRC.

Invincible
21-08-2018, 07:16

Yeah. That's the reason. They were asking much more than other GP-tracks and so SMS thought they would rather spend the money on a couple of other tracks than one single license.

Stewy32
21-08-2018, 07:34
What happened?

I believe the track was built but then Suzuka asked for more money than SMS thought was worth it,more than any other track I believe,so they didn't pay and just remodelled the circuit instead.

Lakiboom
21-08-2018, 07:52

Forza 7, GT Sport, Formula 1 have Suzuka. Are they more diplomatic? :) But to be honest I don't care about it, love Sakito anyway :)

Invincible
21-08-2018, 07:57
Forza 7, GT Sport, Formula 1 have Suzuka. Are they more diplomatic? :) But to be honest I don't care about it, love Sakito anyway :)

My guess would be: Forza 7, GT Sport just have much more money to throw around and F1 has the license to the track regulated by contracts of the F1 championship.

Bealdor
21-08-2018, 07:57

If I had to take a wild guess I'd say that having 10x/20x the budget of SMS is helping quite a lot in this case. ;)

Vic Flange
21-08-2018, 08:48
Try the Lotus 25 at Rouen Short. I didn’t even know Rouen Short existed until recently. The shortened twisty bit is beautiful. Through trees with a white fence lining the track.

hkraft300
21-08-2018, 09:17
Ruapuna.
I always forget about it but love lapping it.
Find it really difficult. Almost every corner is oddball.

SlowBloke
21-08-2018, 09:39
Ruapuna.
I always forget about it but love lapping it.
Find it really difficult. Almost every corner is oddball.

Its great in PC1 but in PC2 its like they forgot to add any road information at all ? It feels horribly flat with very little FFB feedback to communicate any tyre bite at all..

hkraft300
21-08-2018, 11:35
Its great in PC1 but in PC2 its like they forgot to add any road information at all ? It feels horribly flat with very little FFB feedback to communicate any tyre bite at all..

Really
I feel it's the same bumpy rough nasty narrow strip of road that any car but a go kart feels way too fast or too big on...

Stewy32
21-08-2018, 13:04

Forza and GTS have 10x+ the budget.F1 gets it because it is in F1 IRL.

DrPenguin87
21-08-2018, 13:32
Does anyone know why Cote D'Azure is nearly identical to the actual Monaco circuit but Sakitto differs from Suzuka quite a bit?

Bealdor
21-08-2018, 13:33
Does anyone know why Cote D'Azure is nearly identical to the actual Monaco circuit but Sakitto differs from Suzuka quite a bit?

Monaco is 100% public roads. You don't need to licence those.

Tank621
21-08-2018, 13:44
Did they actually need to change Suzuka or was it just a choice they made out of respect to Suzuka? I was under the impression that liscensing concerned the name and the branding and that the track itself was considered a 'shape' and therefore couldn't technically be owned

I thought that was the reason why games could get away with copying a track and just changing the name and location like in RFactor

Shinzah
21-08-2018, 15:17
Bannochbrae

Fall. Late afternoon into the sunset with light/medium clouds.

Glorious.

pferreirag60
21-08-2018, 16:58
Well, you could try every track in reverse using the pratique session :)

Trudd
21-08-2018, 17:35
I really dislike Silverstone, a lot. One day I joined a race at a new track. I loved it from corner 3 :p It just had such a nice flow and I just understood where to brake. To my utter surprise it turned out it was Silverstone Classic! So those that're not keen on Silverstone please give the classic version a chance. :)

Stewy32
21-08-2018, 19:04
I think California Highway gets overlooked,I got distracted form AOR practice driving the BAC Mono and Audi Group B on it.

Tank621
21-08-2018, 19:19
I really dislike Silverstone, a lot. One day I joined a race at a new track. I loved it from corner 3 :p It just had such a nice flow and I just understood where to brake. To my utter surprise it turned out it was Silverstone Classic! So those that're not keen on Silverstone please give the classic version a chance. :)

All the classic circuits are great fun especially Silverstone, classic touring cars are great for it too. Trying to keep up momentum for the best run on the straights is a good challenge

RacingAtHome
21-08-2018, 19:56

So theoretically, they could do Toronto, Belle Isle and St Pete IndyCar as well as the Singapore and Melbourne F1 circuits?

Bealdor
21-08-2018, 20:01
So theoretically, they could do Toronto, Belle Isle and St Pete IndyCar as well as the Singapore and Melbourne F1 circuits?

Theoretically yes, I think. But on the other hand street circuits are much more expensive in development because of the huge amount of assets.

Javaniceday
21-08-2018, 22:00

So.. can we get Albert Park and Adelaide? SMS, I'd pay for those... package them in with some more V8 super cars. MMM, delicious.

canadianbacon
21-08-2018, 22:37
Bannochbrae

Fall. Late afternoon into the sunset with light/medium clouds.

Glorious.

Definitely agree, I love taking a the Porsche RSR around there

Azure Flare
21-08-2018, 23:31
I thought that was the reason why games could get away with copying a track and just changing the name and location like in RFactor

I think the reason rF2 and AMS get's away with it because they're under the radar. Meanwhile SMS might not be able to get away with that.

Maskmagog
22-08-2018, 11:03
I really enjoy Sugo! In everything from Ginetta Jr to LMP3, it's been great fun.

hmmsk
22-08-2018, 14:03
I actually think mojave sidewinder is a very nice and flowing track. Havent played it for a while, ai used to be quite unbalanced. Not sure if sms fixed that, havent been able to play for a while. Busy real world...

canadianbacon
24-08-2018, 11:49
Zhuhai International Circuit, was doing laps yesterday with a Porsche 911 RSR GT3 and what a good track it is, flows nicely especially through some flat out corners