PDA

View Full Version : New incorporations at SMS?

Asturbo
28-08-2018, 13:56
Readed in an spanish web: https://www.eurogamer.es/articles/2018-08-28-paul-rustchynsky-ficha-por-slightly-mad-studios

Original tweet: https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/1034347743626649600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.elotrolado.net%2Fhilo_onrush-5-de-junio_2270655_s200

Good luck and and we also waiting for the news about that "Project"...

Seelenkrank
28-08-2018, 14:00
PC3 with more promises and again the same bugs/disadvantages (?)

Invincible
28-08-2018, 14:06
Readed in an spanish web: https://www.eurogamer.es/articles/2018-08-28-paul-rustchynsky-ficha-por-slightly-mad-studios

Original tweet: https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/1034347743626649600?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.elotrolado.net%2Fhilo_onrush-5-de-junio_2270655_s200

Good luck and and we also waiting for the news about that "Project"...

Maybe he'll be working on something they hinted a looong time ago (some might remember...)

Asturbo
28-08-2018, 14:11
Maybe he'll be working on something they hinted a looong time ago (some might remember...)
I do. Comming from CM it makes sense. Don't think is going to work for PC3.

Olijke Poffer
28-08-2018, 14:12
I’m very curious...

Sankyo
28-08-2018, 14:15
PC3 with more promises and again the same bugs/disadvantages (?)

I'm sure you'll get a christmas card from Ian for posting that.

Asturbo
28-08-2018, 14:15
I’m very curious...
Me too, but more curious on what's next with PC series. Hope that after patch and DLC we could receive some news.

GrimeyDog
28-08-2018, 14:29

Could be a SMS Dirt Rally Sim;) Yeah I remember 1 or 2 hints that coulda been dropped.

I just knew and swore the Rally part of Pcars2 was going to be Horrible... But SMS got it Right and the Rally Race feel is even better than the pure Rally Racing Only games. Holy Shizzle howd they do that:applause:

Konan
28-08-2018, 14:31
Make up your minds people... pCARS 2 was announced too soon according to many, and now you're all practically begging for info about a possible 3? LOL

Invincible
28-08-2018, 14:39
Could be a SMS Dirt Rally Sim;) Yeah I remember 1 or 2 hints that coulda been dropped.

I just knew and swore the Rally part of Pcars2 was going to be Horrible... But SMS got it Right and the Rally Race feel is even better than the pure Rally Racing Only games. Holy Shizzle howd they do that:applause:

That's not what I meant.... (hint: Had nothing to do with Rally, but with a specific franchise).

Konan
28-08-2018, 14:42
That's not what I meant.... (hint: Had nothing to do with Rally, but with a specific franchise).

Kentucky Fried Chicken? ;)

Seelenkrank
28-08-2018, 14:45
I'm sure you'll get a christmas card from Ian for posting that.

a patch fixing all the small things would be better...

GrimeyDog
28-08-2018, 14:56

LOL... You know what we forum Members do --> you Leave any room for Random ideas and thought in a comment and we run Wild with it:p

Hmmm... Franchise tell us more:eagerness:

Konan
28-08-2018, 15:00
LOL... You know what we forum Members do --> you Leave any room for Random ideas and thought in a comment and we run Wild with it:p

Hmmm... Franchise tell us more:eagerness:

...it has to do with cars...

Shinzah
28-08-2018, 15:03
Quite a resume this fellow has...

David Wright
28-08-2018, 15:16
In Ian's drunken Youtube interview he strongly hinted at the franchise

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-09-21-slightly-mad-ceo-all-but-confirms-six-year-fast-and-furious-deal

Its a good move IMO. Making this kind of game isn't something they have much experience of.

Personally I hate the little I've seen of the films. A game to miss for me.

Mahjik
28-08-2018, 15:18
IIRC, there was mention that SMS would be working on a Fast & Furious game to coincide with the next movie... Could be someone to focus on that project.

EDIT: that's what I get for not refreshing the page....

CoproManiac
28-08-2018, 16:49
A Fart & Furious game? Damn, I can't say I'm too excited about that as I hated the movies and I'm not really interested in racing on public streets with customizable cars. I'm interested to see what SMS will make of it, but I prefer circuit racing and I have a hard time imagining how SMS will make the game into a sim-like game instead of an arcade-y type of game.
But yeah, too soon to judge the game already as we haven't seen or heard anything about it... just my initial thoughts.

Olijke Poffer
28-08-2018, 16:59
Don’t worry guys, ACC and GT3 are on the horizon..

cpcdem
28-08-2018, 17:01
Don’t worry guys, ACC and GT3 are on the horizon..

...but only GT3... :(

Olijke Poffer
28-08-2018, 17:04
...but only GT3... :(
I love GT3. ;)
And LMP and DTM and and.....l

Yes only GT3 that is a pitty.

Mahjik
28-08-2018, 17:16
I'm interested to see what SMS will make of it, but I prefer circuit racing and I have a hard time imagining how SMS will make the game into a sim-like game instead of an arcade-y type of game.

If they are making a F&F game, I highly doubt it will be sim-like. SMS doesn't only do sims.. Test Drive Ferrari was less sim and they have a mobile division (Gamagio games). They have to pay the bills and not put all their eggs in one basket.

CoproManiac
28-08-2018, 17:27
If they are making a F&F game, I highly doubt it will be sim-like. SMS doesn't only do sims.. Test Drive Ferrari was less sim and they have a mobile division (Gamagio games). They have to pay the bills and not put all their eggs in one basket.

I didn't realize, thought they were sim-creators. So I guess it will be a definite no-buy for me then.

Asturbo
28-08-2018, 18:12
So I guess it will be a definite no-buy for me then.

Me too, but F&F would be a different game for a different public and they know it. It's good for SMS have other good selling titles to help to pay bills and keep growing. I wish great sucess with F&F.

The worring thing for me is if they abandon Project Cars 2 to center in F&F. Many simracers would leave if no more support expected and probably it would be hard to retrieve them again for PC3 in 2-3 years time. Most of us are simracing fans, not SMS fans and it's easier for us to change to another sim and would be hard to came back in the future. Hope it doesn't happen and we still have full support after last DLC.

Anyway we are speculating and I think that there will be news SMSoon. Let's see what are their future plans, and then critize if we don't like it.

morpwr
28-08-2018, 18:36

I don't think a F&F game if its not totally arcade would be horrible. Could be fun if you wanted a easy night of screwing around and some of the cars in the movie weren't just movie props. The Monte Carlo from the second one was a real car and could be serious fun with what was done to it(but im partial to that particular car) and the F- bomb Camaro was also. If I remember correctly it had a 1200hp twin turbo motor in it. I think the charger at the end of one of them was a high dollar real car also. Not sure about the others. So could be fun if youre a car guy for something less serious.

Mahjik
28-08-2018, 18:52
So could be fun if youre a car guy for something less serious.

+1

I play some arcade racers myself. Every now and then it's fun to play something that you can quickly pick up and put down.

CoproManiac
28-08-2018, 19:03
Me too, but F&F would be a different game for a different public and they know it. It's good for SMS have other good selling titles to help to pay bills and keep growing. I wish great sucess with F&F.

The worring thing for me is if they abandon Project Cars 2 to center in F&F. Many simracers would leave if no more support expected and probably it would be hard to retrieve them again for PC3 in 2-3 years time. Most of us are simracing fans, not SMS fans and it's easier for us to change to another sim and would be hard to came back in the future. Hope it doesn't happen and we still have full support after last DLC.

Anyway we are speculating and I think that there will be news SMSoon. Let's see what are their future plans, and then critize if we don't like it.

100% agree. I pray Assetto Corsa Competizione will smash all other sim-racing titles out there and raise the bar quite a bit quality-wise so other companies will have to follow their lead and maybe (hopefully) even improve on that.
At the moment, I feel like PCars2 is more quantity over quality and I hope ACC will be more quality over quantity. The game has a lot of potential, but there's still too many issues with the game.
If it's left in this state (not broken, but far from finished) I'm certainly not jumping on the hype-train to buy an upcoming sim release from SMS. I'll just wait a couple of months and check the forums regularly to check about bugs etc.

But yes, let's wait. Hopefully the upcoming patch will fix a lot of issues, and please SMS, include full patchnotes :lemo:

Christiaan van Beilen
28-08-2018, 20:13
Congrats to the man but I hate Codemasters. Such terrible milking machine as their games haven't changed much since Dirt 2, especially in the physics and FFB department where parameters have been tweaked to achieve a different balance but the underlying system has never been altered in any way.

So I hope he can make it in a rather progressive game studio that always tries to best the rest and improve where possible, which is a real change from the stagnant Codemasters (who aren't worth their company name in my opinion).

OddTimer
28-08-2018, 20:45
For Smth more fun, not being a simple, I will play Forza horizon. I find it very difficult for SMS to beat that.

ProDriver
28-08-2018, 22:17
Donít worry guys, ACC and GT3 are on the horizon..

Only ACC, GTR3 will be an arcade game.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/exclusive-gtr3-interview.158617/

sas5320
28-08-2018, 23:42
Wish the guy good luck, he'll need it

BigDad
29-08-2018, 01:21
Make up your minds people... pCARS 2 was announced too soon according to many, and now you're all practically begging for info about a possible 3? LOL

I don't want news on pC3 , I want news in what they have left install for pC2 !

muerteh 650
30-08-2018, 18:48
There is an illusion of knowing the new news. :o