PDA

View Full Version : Camaro ZL1 and Mustang in the same category

AlexP
30-08-2018, 03:11
Revising model categories a little more, it makes me curious why the chevy camaro ZL1 is not in the same category as the Ford Mustang 2015 if both are muscle cars?:confused::confused:

Mahjik
30-08-2018, 03:15
Road cars are group together (for the most part) based on performance/lap times.

Stewy32
30-08-2018, 06:38
Road Cars are ordered performance based,otherwise one car in a class could be several seconds a lap quicker than the other.

Shinzah
30-08-2018, 13:31
Road Cars are ordered performance based,otherwise one car in a class could be several seconds a lap quicker than the other.

See Trackday B for this ^^;

Mahjik
30-08-2018, 14:48
See Trackday B for this ^^;

Trackday cars are different, which is why in my post I specifically put "Road cars". Unfortunately with the Trackday cars, they are just groups of cars that are relatively the same general speed. No way to even those out without making them not their real life specs.

Shinzah
30-08-2018, 14:53
It's just an example of what happens with cars that aren't balanced.

The ZL1 model would probably crush the Mustang model in the game. That'd be unfair. Like the Caterham slays everything in TKDB.

3800racingfool
30-08-2018, 15:14
Others have already stated the why but a little extra info might be handy here:

The Camaro ZL1 is the ultra-high performance version of the Camaro whereas the Mustang is "just" a Mustang GT which is more or less the "standard" model of mustang (yes there's a few models below it but I digress). A more comparable set of cars would be the Camaro SS vs the Mustang GT or the Shelby GT500 vs the Camaro ZL1. Given that the SS and GT500 don't exist in-game and the two cars that do exist aren't on the same level IRL, it makes sense as to why they are in different classes.

Stewy32
30-08-2018, 15:43
It's just an example of what happens with cars that aren't balanced.

The ZL1 model would probably crush the Mustang model in the game. That'd be unfair. Like the Caterham slays everything in TKDB.

Cater ham should be TKDA as it is same pace as the SR8 more or less