View Full Version : Ferrari Essentials DLC Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Sith Metal
02-09-2018, 20:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc7F1vC6_wQ

watch and enjoy,

Christiaan van Beilen
02-09-2018, 20:48
So Ian finally put his Ferrari in the game (the one @1:20 in the video). :)

Azure Flare
02-09-2018, 20:51
I see people are ripping a video, that was also ripped.

Go here for the original. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/project-cars-2/c17sfn1nxz37?activetab=pivot:overviewtab)

bporion
02-09-2018, 20:54
great ! , road cars !! :uncomfortableness:

Azure Flare
02-09-2018, 20:56

You don't have to drive them.

Tank621
02-09-2018, 20:58
Or perhaps if you really hate them you could smash them into a wall at 200 mph

Christiaan van Beilen
02-09-2018, 21:01

Yay! Road cars!!! :p

There's a charm to each type of car in my opinion. Although adding in a nice F1 car of any era would have been nice, preferably something to challenge the Lotus' with.

Jrock
02-09-2018, 21:02
ya you had me at the 355 Challenge car. So pumped to drive that car.

Sith Metal
02-09-2018, 21:40
ya you had me at the 355 Challenge car. So pumped to drive that car.

yeah me too, ferrari 355 challenge on dreamcast? !

Shinzah
02-09-2018, 22:08

512 BB LM, 355 Challenge, 250 and 250 GT plus two cars that are probably not even street legal, or debatedly shouldn't be. There's really only two 'road' cars, the 458 Speciale Aperta and the F40.

I don't get this standpoint at all.

bporion
02-09-2018, 22:30
i just dont like road cars , if someone can say they like this DLC then someone else can say they dont , its just my opinion thats all , you guys get the DLC and enjoy !

Shinzah
02-09-2018, 22:49
i just dont like road cars , if someone can say they like this DLC then someone else can say they dont , its just my opinion thats all , you guys get the DLC and enjoy !

But there's only two!

Hugo Catarino
02-09-2018, 22:58
I too don't enjoy road cars. I mean, i do enjoy them, but only occasionally and under very special conditions (most of those times come under boredom). Besides, road cars on race track isn't my ideia of fun at all. Its nice sometimes, but mainly i stick with race cars.

But, one of the road cars - the F40 - is one of the most legendary cars ever made. Just add the Lambo Countach, bring back the Yellowbird,and we have some of the best and exciting supercars ever made in the game.

As for the 458 Aperta,i have less than 0 interest in that car. Same for the FXX-K - hypercars are not my thing. Perhaps i'll drive those in a couple of hotlaps or in track days. The other road car, the F12 (is that the right name?) is a very good looking car. If we really need to have road cars, then i'm glad it's this one.

Im too excited for the 250 TR and the 512BB (but specially the 250 TR, oh my god finally i can drive it!!!!) to care about the rest of the pack. But i reckon that road cars have a great fanbase, that fanbase bought the game just like us race-car enthusiasts, and they deserve to be happy aswell. Nowhere is written that Pcars is a race car game only and they divided the game very well in that area.

Eric Rowland
03-09-2018, 00:32
I love the TR and the BB....can't wait to drive them at auld Spa, vint Sarthe and Brannoch.....

Stone Cold Stig
03-09-2018, 01:56
yeah me too, ferrari 355 challenge on dreamcast? !

Test Drive Le Mans was the best racing game on Dreamcast if you ask me. It even had weather effects and PLENTYof Porches.

Shinzah
03-09-2018, 01:59
Test Drive Le Mans was the best racing game on Dreamcast if you ask me. It even had weather effects and PLENTYof Porches.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 was the best racing game on dreamcast! ^^;

Azure Flare
03-09-2018, 03:46
There's really only two 'road' cars, the 458 Speciale Aperta and the F40.

You forgot the F12 tdf.

Stewy32
03-09-2018, 08:09
Yes it will come out this month.

Shinzah
03-09-2018, 12:58
You forgot the F12 tdf.

No I didn't. I don't think the TDF or the FXX K are street legal. I mentioned this directly in my post. If it is, then fine, three. But I still consider it a trackday special, not a 'road' car.

Edit:
Not to mention that four of the cars are DEFINITELY not road cars. The 250 TR the 250 GT the 355 Challenge and the 512 BB LM.

Methinks "I don't like roadcars" is secretely a mask for "Not enough formula one".

Chikane
03-09-2018, 13:09
No I didn't. I don't think the TDF or the FXX K are street legal. I mentioned this directly in my post. If it is, then fine, three. But I still consider it a trackday special, not a 'road' car.

Edit:
Not to mention that four of the cars are DEFINITELY not road cars. The 250 TR the 250 GT the 355 Challenge and the 512 BB LM.

Methinks "I don't like roadcars" is secretely a mask for "Not enough formula one".

Nevermind misread the post

Kelderek
03-09-2018, 13:31
F12tdf is street legal.

In Ferrari's own words, it's "the ultimate expression of the concept of an extreme road car that is equally at home on the track". So I think both road and race car enthusiasts will enjoy it :-)

Stone Cold Stig
03-09-2018, 13:51

Hmmm ,i think i missed that one. But it must have been really good if you think it was beter than Test drive Le Mans.:cool:

Shinzah
03-09-2018, 14:45
Hmmm ,i think i missed that one. But it must have been really good if you think it was beter than Test drive Le Mans.:cool:

In terms of playtime, I've certainly played it more than TDLM and 355 Challenge. Its a cult hit though, so its probably not for everyone.

I'd rank it first, followed by TDLM and then 355 Challenge. But that's just me.

Schumi-
03-09-2018, 15:13

Now i would have said Metropolis Street Racer myself, which if i remember rightly was the first incarnation of the Project Gotham Racing series.

DozUK
03-09-2018, 22:19
Now i would have said Metropolis Street Racer myself, which if i remember rightly was the first incarnation of the Project Gotham Racing series.

Great game, the Dreamcast was such an underrated machine. Paid for the Sins of the Saturn

Andre.V
03-09-2018, 23:32
Yay! Road cars!!! :p

There's a charm to each type of car in my opinion. Although adding in a nice F1 car of any era would have been nice, preferably something to challenge the Lotus' with.

I'm really disapointed there is no old 1967 F1 Ferrari (Lotus 49 type). It's about time to have a new model of this era especially now they have the Ferrari's license. Oh well.. I'm sad.

Andre

Chikane
04-09-2018, 01:49
They removed the trailer from the microsoft site? a sign to worry about?

RacingAtHome
04-09-2018, 01:53
I'm really disapointed there is no old 1967 F1 Ferrari (Lotus 49 type). It's about time to have a new model of this era especially now they have the Ferrari's license. Oh well.. I'm sad.

Andre

There are a lot of Ferrari F1 cars. I'd have loved some too. From 1967, Forza has the Eagle-Weslake driven by Dan Guerney as well.

Shinzah
04-09-2018, 02:18

Perhaps they got a little too trigger happy and released the trailer early...

Mahjik
04-09-2018, 02:35

The trailer wasn't in high resolution so I'm not surprised. We'll likely see the same trailer, but a high resolution version soon (and on the official YouTube channels).

LukeC1991
04-09-2018, 03:09
Personally I don’t care for road cars in this game, I’m looking forward to Mugello and Fiorano though. Although Fiorano is pretty pointless without a Ferrari F1 car to take around there.

Tank621
04-09-2018, 09:18
There are a lot of Ferrari F1 cars. I'd have loved some too. From 1967, Forza has the Eagle-Weslake driven by Dan Guerney as well.

And the 67 Brabahm and Honda too, plus the 66 Mclaren and even more from the 50's, early 60's, 70's, 88, 90 and inter war Grand prix cars as well, so certainly would be awesome to see some of those in PCars as well

Andre.V
05-09-2018, 22:38
And the 67 Brabahm and Honda too, plus the 66 Mclaren and even more from the 50's, early 60's, 70's, 88, 90 and inter war Grand prix cars as well, so certainly would be awesome to see some of those in PCars as well

Oh yes, that would be so great to have some. Why only team Lotus ?

Andre.

Andre.V
05-09-2018, 22:43
But I'm not totally disapointed about this DLC because I'm happy to see the Fiorano track and the Ferrair 458.

Andre.

isamu
06-09-2018, 00:24
The teaser mentions two new "locations". What are they? Dundrod and The Isle of Man T.T. perhaps(wishful thinking)?

Shinzah
06-09-2018, 00:33
The teaser mentions two new "locations". What are they? Dundrod and The Isle of Man T.T. perhaps(wishful thinking)?

Fiorano and Mugello.

m355y
06-09-2018, 06:53
Would have liked some race cars in there, was really hoping for a modern era Ferrari F1 car to take around the new circuits and quite disappointed that hasn't happened - but Mugello and Fiorano are very good new circuits to have and I'm especially looking forward to Mugello, a great track that just isn't in very many car games.

Silraed
06-09-2018, 08:15
It's basically a track pack for me. I don't particularly enjoy the high powered road cars in the game.

seb02
06-09-2018, 09:01
It's basically a track pack for me. I don't particularly enjoy the high powered road cars in the game.

I'll join you on your comments. It's always nice to have new circuits. Only the Ferrari Group 5 interests me, I am not at all interested in road cars (or Trackday) too powerful.

Invincible
06-09-2018, 09:04
I'll join you on your comments. It's always nice to have new circuits. Only the Ferrari Group 5 interests me, I am not at all interested in road cars (or Trackday) too powerful.

But... the F355 Challenge seems to be really nice too! And it is far from overpowered. :D

Tank621
06-09-2018, 09:06
But... the F355 Challenge seems to be really nice too! And it is far from overpowered. :D

And the two 250s look like they will be fantastic too

galaxyjack
06-09-2018, 10:58
Do you think they will wait for the anniversary?

chieflongshin
06-09-2018, 12:06
So I’m sat here scratching my head thinking do I really want to pay for the new tracks.... yes I do. Do I want some new cars; I do. I can’t help but think it’s blooming lazy though giving us the f40 in the dlc. We’ve already paid for this once. I’m sure there’s more to it but it frustrates me when a dlc in my simpleton mind is stripping off a livery adjusting some physics parameters and remodelling the interior

cluck
06-09-2018, 12:15
The F40 LM has a different exterior as well as interior, it's not just a livery change. The F40 LM has fixed headlights, the road car has pop-up lights. The physics model of the two cars will be significantly different, as will the tyres. They might look very similar but they are chalk and cheese. Much the same as the McLaren F1 GTR Longtail is a completely different animal to its road-going cousin :)

That aside, there are still 7 other cars in the pack and 2 circuits, more than enough (IMHO) to justify the asking price.

Invincible
06-09-2018, 12:17
I can’t help but think it’s blooming lazy though giving us the f40 in the dlc. We’ve already paid for this once. I’m sure there’s more to it but it frustrates me when a dlc in my simpleton mind is stripping off a livery adjusting some physics parameters, remodelling the interior

You forgot: "[...] and paying again for the license to use this car."

That's the main problem here.

TerminatorGR
06-09-2018, 12:17
The DLC of this game has been a massive dissapointment. Instead of more modern race cars, we got a bunch of rally cross and road bs nobody cares about.

balderz002
06-09-2018, 12:18
So I’m sat here scratching my head thinking do I really want to pay for the new tracks.... yes I do. Do I want some new cars; I do. I can’t help but think it’s blooming lazy though giving us the f40 in the dlc. We’ve already paid for this once. I’m sure there’s more to it but it frustrates me when a dlc in my simpleton mind is stripping off a livery adjusting some physics parameters and remodelling the interior

I guess you wont be using it then?

To be fair, that is rather doing an injustice to the guys involved in digitising the car.

I don't understand what they do as I am no computer whizz, but I am sure its more than just what you said.

GenBrien
06-09-2018, 12:22
The DLC of this game has been a massive dissapointment. Instead of more modern race cars, we got a bunch of rally cross and road bs nobody cares about.

I care about older race cars

Invincible
06-09-2018, 12:22

That's your opinion. And being entitled to your opinion doesn't make it genuine truth.

cpcdem
06-09-2018, 12:23
I remember someone very furious here when the game was released, about the F40 LM, demanding to know why SMS made the very bad decision to include this version instead of the road one...Different people, different preferences, I think it's very good we have both.

Bealdor
06-09-2018, 12:27

Meanwhile the Le Mans Icons DLC has been praised by numerous sim racing communities as one of the best racing game DLC ever...

Shinzah
06-09-2018, 12:44
Are people playing the same game as me?

I wasn't aware the 917K/LH, the 908/03, the 917/10, two of the Group 5 Porsche models, the 2017 RSR, the Carrera RSR, The Group A Skyline, The 280ZX, The 512 S, The 512 M, TS050, 919 and R18, in addition to the group B cars and now the 250 TR, 250 GT, 355 Challenge and 512 BB LM were all 'road' cars. I'm going to the dealership later.

falm
06-09-2018, 13:12
Are people playing the same game as me?

I wasn't aware the 917K/LH, the 908/03, the 917/10, two of the Group 5 Porsche models, the 2017 RSR, the Carrera RSR, The Group A Skyline, The 280ZX, The 512 S, The 512 M, TS050, 919 and R18, in addition to the group B cars and now the 250 TR, 250 GT, 355 Challenge and 512 BB LM were all 'road' cars. I'm going to the dealership later.

You usually drive them on a road and not in the grass, maybe that's what's causing some confusion?

Photonmonkey
06-09-2018, 15:32
I have only just bought the season pass and can honestly say I haven't found a car in the packs that I am yet to enjoy. I am of an age that appreciates the historic race cars and also love the road cars so looking forward to the new pack and the 2 tracks. I don't know why some people cannot accept that Project CARS offers something for everyone and I love the fact there is so much variety, I couldn't possibly get bored!

chieflongshin
06-09-2018, 17:49
I guess you wont be using it then?

To be fair, that is rather doing an injustice to the guys involved in digitising the car.

I don't understand what they do as I am no computer whizz, but I am sure its more than just what you said.

No it’s a fair point you make and I probably will. I think I still have the sour sour taste of gran Turismo and it’s 37 Nissan skylines. I’m appreciative and have bought all the dlc but I’m a variety man.

All fair statements above and for the other chap that replied to me

Eric Rowland
07-09-2018, 15:50
Looking forward to the DLC but I guess I'll have to wait until sometime after the ACC early access drops.......:rolleyes:

adriacorzo
09-09-2018, 09:39
Mugello and Fiorano?¿ pff Mugello...... 40% ok but WHERE'S TARGA FLORIO¿¿¿¿???? we want Big tracks legend tracks no Fiorano xddd

Tank621
09-09-2018, 10:06
Mugello and Fiorano?¿ pff Mugello...... 40% ok but WHERE'S TARGA FLORIO¿¿¿¿???? we want Big tracks legend tracks no Fiorano xddd

I don't think the Targa Florio is even physically possible for the game to handle, I'm pretty sure Live Track would not be able to cope with that large an area

Reiche
09-09-2018, 14:19

Who's that "we" you are claiming to speak for?

cluck
09-09-2018, 15:04
I'd take Mugello over Targa Florio any day of the week. With the 32-car limit we have in pCARS2, at least you're guaranteed some action at Mugello versus never seeing another car for the entire race at Targa Florio. There's also the question of development cost - can you imagine how long it would take to develop the circuit to the required quality and consequently how much that would cost? Let's be realistic, it's a Ferrari pack, everything is going to be Ferrari themed, just as the Le Mans pack had the classic Le Mans circuit and the Porsche Legends pack had the Porsche Leipzig circuit :).

Cladandadum
09-09-2018, 17:33
Let's be realistic, it's a Ferrari pack, everything is going to be Ferrari themed, just as the Le Mans pack had the classic Le Mans circuit and the Porsche Legends pack had the Porsche Leipzig circuit :).

Sounds quite funny when you say it out loud ☺

foolinjection
09-09-2018, 22:29
Slightly off topic but... What happened to Interlagos then?

Obviously this is a Ferrari pack and so two Italian tracks make sense, much like the track selections for the other packs did... but wasn't Interlagos talked about as being a thing for pCARS 2?

Can only assume at this point, that if it is a thing coming, it'll be an entirely separate DLC outside of the Season Pass.

Regardless, hope it's a thing as I was really looking forward to booting the erse out Senna's Lotus 98T around there.

Tank621
09-09-2018, 22:43
It was certainly planned and they got a laser scan. We know thry made contact with the track owners too

What the result of their discussions was we do not know but what we do know is that is has never been officially (or unnofficially for that matter) been confirmed

Alan Dallas
09-09-2018, 23:15
Slightly off topic but... What happened to Interlagos then?

Obviously this is a Ferrari pack and so two Italian tracks make sense, much like the track selections for the other packs did... but wasn't Interlagos talked about as being a thing for pCARS 2?

Can only assume at this point, that if it is a thing coming, it'll be an entirely separate DLC outside of the Season Pass.

Regardless, hope it's a thing as I was really looking forward to booting the erse out Senna's Lotus 98T around there.
Probably in another later DLC or an entirely different game. I'll be passing on this Ferrari DLC(not a fan of Ferrari in general). In the mean time I'll be over in rF2 as usual enjoying North and South American tracks that pCARS doesn't have.

Stone Cold Stig
10-09-2018, 00:01
Probably in another later DLC or an entirely different game. I'll be passing on this Ferrari DLC(not a fan of Ferrari in general). In the mean time I'll be over in rF2 as usual enjoying North and South American tracks that pCARS doesn't have.

NOT A FAN OF FERRARI?
WHAT R U ,AN ALIEN?

Invincible
10-09-2018, 05:50
NOT A FAN OF FERRARI?
WHAT R U ,AN ALIEN?

Probably just someone like me, who doesn't like their (Ferrari's) toxic attitude and them being overly protective about their brand to the point where they act like ridiculous ar*eh*les.
That being said, some of their cars are really beautiful. But that doesn't make up for the people behind the brand being stupid.

Hugo Catarino
10-09-2018, 07:56
Well,Ferraris are a piece of art,they are not just any car.as good as Lambos,McLarens or Pagani are,they just dont have the charisma and history Ferrari has.Its normal for Ferrari directors to be overly proctetive of their brand.

Buying a Ferrari just to mess with the car like that north american DJ did is the same as buying Mona Lisa just to draw a moustache on the woman lip.
You dont imagine the guys at Louvre would be happy about that,dont you?

Invincible
10-09-2018, 08:02
Well,Ferraris are a piece of art,they are not just any car.as good as Lambos,McLarens or Pagani are,they just dont have the charisma and history Ferrari has.Its normal for Ferrari directors to be overly proctetive of their brand.

Buying a Ferrari just to mess with the car like that north american DJ did is the same as buying Mona Lisa just to draw a moustache on the woman lip.
You dont imagine the guys at Louvre would be happy about that,dont you?

If I buy a car, I can do to it whatever the **** I want. If I want to soup it up and draw a rainbow farting cat on it, it'll be so. Because the car is MINE. If some manufacturer is taking the p*ss then, not my problem. If he refuses to sell me a car in future, I'll just go ahead an give someone else the money to buy it for me. And then draw another nyan cat on in.

And defacing the Mona Lisa isn't comparable because there is only ONE Mona Lisa. But there are plenty of Ferrari's out there.

To clarify - I would not change anything to any of Ferrari's iconics like the 288GTO, F40, F50, Enzo or La Ferrari. They're indeed too rare.

Ps: I would not want to drive a car with any ranbow-coloured stuff on it. But to me, it's a matter of the principle. I can do whatever I want with stuff that I bought and fully paid.

Olijke Poffer
10-09-2018, 09:57
If I buy a car, I can do to it whatever the **** I want. If I want to soup it up and draw a rainbow farting cat on it, it'll be so. Because the car is MINE. If some manufacturer is taking the p*ss then, not my problem. If he refuses to sell me a car in future, I'll just go ahead an give someone else the money to buy it for me. And then draw another nyan cat on in.

And defacing the Mona Lisa isn't comparable because there is only ONE Mona Lisa. But there are plenty of Ferrari's out there.

To clarify - I would not change anything to any of Ferrari's iconics like the 288GTO, F40, F50, Enzo or La Ferrari. They're indeed too rare.

Ps: I would not want to drive a car with any ranbow-coloured stuff on it. But to me, it's a matter of the principle. I can do whatever I want with stuff that I bought and fully paid.

Feeling better now? :p

Redna1L
10-09-2018, 10:25
Great that SMS is giving us more content and I certainly understand why the game has to be a “jack of all trades” to maximise its appeal. But for me the idea of doing this with DLC doesn’t make sense. Why not go the Raceroom route and sell tracks and cars separately? I have zero interest in Ferrari’s as I’m just into GT Race Cars but Mugello is a must have track.

Invincible
10-09-2018, 10:40
Feeling better now? :p

Yes :D Had a Snickers.

chieflongshin
10-09-2018, 12:19
Great that SMS is giving us more content and I certainly understand why the game has to be a “jack of all trades” to maximise its appeal. But for me the idea of doing this with DLC doesn’t make sense. Why not go the Raceroom route and sell tracks and cars separately? I have zero interest in Ferrari’s as I’m just into GT Race Cars but Mugello is a must have track.

The per car payment is not a bad shout to be fair. I guess it would immediately show what wasn’t popular but then I guess there’s other usage data they harvest from in the game anyway

Shinzah
10-09-2018, 13:17
pls unlock

Charger
10-09-2018, 13:22
The per car payment is not a bad shout to be fair. I guess it would immediately show what wasn’t popular but then I guess there’s other usage data they harvest from in the game anyway

You mean like IRacing, no it isn't a good idea!

Gix916
10-09-2018, 13:26
Yes :D Had a Snickers.

sounds like a bit of a marathon...

UkHardcore23
10-09-2018, 19:37
Out in OZ now!

VaderV1
10-09-2018, 20:16
Out in OZ now!

show us TDF and Aperta liveries

RyokoMaruyama
10-09-2018, 20:24
I just want my F355... the wait is killing me! :drunk:

satco1066
10-09-2018, 20:30
I just want my F355... the wait is killing me! :drunk:

settle to Melburn or Sidney / Australia and buy a XBOX.
You'll get it as one of the first ;)

Urban Chaos 2.0
10-09-2018, 20:37
You mean like IRacing, no it isn't a good idea!

iRacing's customer-scamming revenue scheme wouldn't be so bad if it was any kind of a simulator, with cars that actually handled like their real-life counterparts. However, as the lacklustre pile of unrealistic **** that it is, iRacing's price makes no sense whatsoever.

Dookie
10-09-2018, 20:38
The PC Facebook account liked a comment that says the DLC will be released tomorrow :applause:

Urban Chaos 2.0
10-09-2018, 20:39
Probably just someone like me, who doesn't like their (Ferrari's) toxic attitude and them being overly protective about their brand to the point where they act like ridiculous ar*eh*les.
That being said, some of their cars are really beautiful. But that doesn't make up for the people behind the brand being stupid.

Yup. With the exception of the F12tdf, their cars aren't even that good. Lamborghini is much better company with staff who for the most part, will treat you like a human being who's business they are happy to have. F*** Ferrari.

Konan
10-09-2018, 20:43
The PC Facebook account liked a comment that says the DLC will be released tomorrow :applause:

It's out in NZ and Australia it seems...

GenBrien
10-09-2018, 20:44
It's out in NZ and Australia it seems...

guess having things before the rest of the world compensate for having every living things where you live trying to kill you

Konan
10-09-2018, 20:46
guess having things before the rest of the world compensate for having every living things where you live trying to kill you

That darn Crocodile Dundee...

satco1066
10-09-2018, 20:50
Yup. With the exception of the F12tdf, their cars aren't even that good. Lamborghini is much better company with staff who for the most part, will treat you like a human being who's business they are happy to have. F*** Ferrari.

since 1998 Lambo is part of the Volkswagen Group, so a little bit of a german car ;)

hope they have no Diesels :p ;)

Purg
10-09-2018, 21:15
Not out in Aus on PC it would seem - unless the flat Earthers are right and Australia really is a hoax.

Christiaan van Beilen
10-09-2018, 21:17
since 1998 Lambo is part of the Volkswagen Group, so a little bit of a german car ;)

hope they have no Diesels :p ;)

A V12 Turbo Diesel Lambo? That would be quite a sight and I'd wonder how it would sound too. :p

GenBrien
10-09-2018, 22:02
A V12 Turbo Diesel Lambo? That would be quite a sight and I'd wonder how it would sound too. :p

https://youtu.be/kRziS6C3i1Q?t=98

Christiaan van Beilen
10-09-2018, 22:28
https://youtu.be/kRziS6C3i1Q?t=98

Hmmm, that's as much as saying a Chevy V8 will sound exactly like a Ferrari V8. American engines are designed with a different approach resulting in a different sound. Not to mention the effect of European regulations on Diesel engines making a huge impact as well. They certainly won't be smoking like a coal plant as per your example truck. :p

MajkiMajk
10-09-2018, 23:15
So, after this DLC they start making a cars from topic "What cars do you want to see in-game?" aye?

kevin kirk
11-09-2018, 00:52
thanks

Tar Heel
11-09-2018, 01:05
So, after this DLC they start making a cars from topic "What cars do you want to see in-game?" aye?

Maybe the templates we have been waiting for :)

Alan Dallas
11-09-2018, 01:30
NOT A FAN OF FERRARI?
WHAT R U ,AN ALIEN?
I bleed Ford Blue. 'nough said.

Stone Cold Stig
11-09-2018, 03:12
I bleed Ford Blue. 'nough said.

Hmmm, Ford is number two on my list.:cool:

breyzipp
11-09-2018, 05:49
The pack is out for both PS4 and XBox in Belgium. Checked it out quickly on my Xbox One X before heading to work.

Mugello is nice!!! Did one lap there in a practice session in the Ferrari 355 Challenge and that car sure is a nice drive! The lighting on the track looks gorgeous as well (me only being used to see it in the default daylight Forza 7 lighting). Must be awesome at night too.

Then I hopped into the Ferrari 458 Speciale A and went to Fiorano, the steering angle felt a bit off to me but that's probably my default out-of-the-box setup settings. The track to follow was a bit confusing after I slid off the track so I wanted to do a custom race there (to have the AI as indication of where to go, and some pace). But I couldn't find the track in the selection screen, even when I selected a Ferrari car. Turned out I still had a GT Motorsport preset active, after removing that I could select the track and do a one make race there with all 458 Speciale A's.

Started to feel where this was going to. :) No doubt due to licencing but you can only use a Ferrari car on Fiorano, both in custom races and in practice sessions. I know Ferrari can be pigheaded about licencing cars and this is no doubt also the way it is for their track. Let's not whine about that please, it's either that or no Fiorano at all. The deal to have Fiorano on-board included no doubt that only Ferrari can be raced there.

With my motorsport preset removed I also wondered if multiple Ferrari's exist in the same class, that we would still have a race with different cars but that is not the case. Road A now has both the La Ferrari and the F12tdf but if you select one of them (F12tdf in my case), all the AI cars will use the same car as you. Sidenote: that F12tdf is one helluva beast, lol!

Absolutely great DLC! Some awesome Ferrari cars in this pack that I only know from Forza Motorsport so it will be interesting to see how this plays with a more realistic handling model. Mugello is absolutely one of my favorite tracks and it's great to see it now in PC2 with the full day/night cycle and weather effects. Fiorano is not really my cup of tea (the track sure is narrow), but I see it as a nice extra bonus to goof around with and test some Ferrari cars, either in time trials or in one make races.

VaderV1
11-09-2018, 06:37
Still nothing on Steam :/

beatrunner
11-09-2018, 07:12
No doubt due to licencing but you can only use a Ferrari car on Fiorano, both in custom races and in practice sessions. I know Ferrari can be pigheaded about licencing cars and this is no doubt also the way it is for their track.

whaaat? is this true? and on mugello we are allowed to drive any car we want?

Bealdor
11-09-2018, 07:15
whaaat? is this true? and on mugello we are allowed to drive any car we want?

Yes, Ferrari doesn't allow non-Ferrari cars at Fiorano. It's a licensing restriction.

MrMattNeo
11-09-2018, 07:24
Yes, Ferrari doesn't allow non-Ferrari cars at Fiorano. It's a licensing restriction.

So technically this pack has 1.5 new tracks, since Fiorano isn't open to all cars? :P

balderz002
11-09-2018, 07:35
but how are the 250 TR and SWB?!!?!?!?!?!?! They and the 355C are the only cars I really want to try out.

REXPITVIPER1
11-09-2018, 08:29
Read The Title.

breyzipp
11-09-2018, 08:30
So technically this pack has 1.5 new tracks, since Fiorano isn't open to all cars? :P

No technically it is still 2 new tracks since you can only race 1 car at a time anyway. ;)

Besides we don’t count karting or RX tracks as half either.

breyzipp
11-09-2018, 08:32
People post it here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64738-Ferrari-DLC-this-month

If you would have read that title you would have understand there is no need for a separate thread. ;)

Bealdor
11-09-2018, 08:34
Threads merged and title updated.

UkHardcore23
11-09-2018, 08:40
Had 4 races last night 2 at Mugello in the 355 Challenge and F40, 250GT at Knockhill and the F12 at Long Beach and i can safely say all four cars and Mugello knocked my socks off. Woke up today and all i can think about is getting back on the game after work!

These Ferrari's seem much more refined than previous cars. I was able to jump right in and race without worrying about spinning out with everything making sense everything feeling right! Catching the slides in the F40 was a joyus experience! The 355 Challenge i think will become my favourite car in the game! The F12 imo is now the best sounding car in the game (think SMS forgot to put brakes on it right enough) and that 250GT around Knockhill was a total hoot!

Tank621
11-09-2018, 08:53
Is the DLC out on Steam in the UK yet? I can't see it

cluck
11-09-2018, 08:57
Not yet, no. I don't know that it's been made available on Steam anywhere yet.

Tank621
11-09-2018, 09:28
Not yet, no. I don't know that it's been made available on Steam anywhere yet.

Then I regret not taking my xbox to uni :(

Looking forward to it though, there seems to some real gems in this one

donkey racer
11-09-2018, 09:30
mugello makes me moist :witless:

cluck
11-09-2018, 09:36
Then I regret not taking my xbox to uni :(

Looking forward to it though, there seems to some real gems in this oneOh there are. I seriously used to dislike Mugello but I've really grown to like driving around it now but the stars of the show for me are the 250GT SWB, the 250 TR and the 458 Speciale Aperta, as they are an utter joy to drive. Closely followed by the 355, F12 and 512BB, then the F40. Of course, then there's the "Holy FxxK this thing is fast", which is just mental for all the right reasons. Not a car I'd want to race but something that made me giggle like a child every time I tried it :D

Oh and the cars are beautiful and extremely photogenic. I can see the screenshot thread filling up VERY quickly with these cars.

Hlspwn
11-09-2018, 09:41
mugello makes me moist :witless:

It’s one of my favourite tracks, and it’s great to finally get it in Project CARS 2. I got out my cave and recently realised you can get Tsukuba on AC. Great to drive tracks in VR that you thought you knew so well from the console days, and have your eyes reopened to the cambers and elevation.

Can’t wait to give this a try tonight

UkHardcore23
11-09-2018, 09:45
Oh there are. I seriously used to dislike Mugello but I've really grown to like driving around it now but the stars of the show for me are the 250GT SWB, the 250 TR and the 458 Speciale Aperta, as they are an utter joy to drive. Closely followed by the 355, F12 and 512BB, then the F40. Of course, then there's the "Holy FxxK this thing is fast", which is just mental for all the right reasons. Not a car I'd want to race but something that made me giggle like a child every time I tried it :D

Oh and the cars are beautiful and extremely photogenic. I can see the screenshot thread filling up VERY quickly with these cars.

My first port of call later today!

Konan
11-09-2018, 09:46
My first port of call later today!

You still awake or did you get some sleep? :cool:

UkHardcore23
11-09-2018, 09:47
You still awake or did you get some sleep? :cool:

Haha i had to sleep unfortunately... I should be working right now but cannot stop coming on the board to read others views on the DLC :grief:

wabi
11-09-2018, 09:49
... Closely followed by the 355, F1...

After about a year and a half I can repeat this sentence: F355 is my most beloved Ferrari. Nowadays no one will overwrite it with the Saab 9000 :witless:

Ryori San
11-09-2018, 09:55
It’s one of my favourite tracks, and it’s great to finally get it in Project CARS 2. I got out my cave and recently realised you can get Tsukuba on AC. Great to drive tracks in VR that you thought you knew so well from the console days, and have your eyes reopened to the cambers and elevation.

Can’t wait to give this a try tonight

Made me even more excited to get on it. Always loved Mugello... looking forward to fighting on it for the TTWR in my beloved XJR9 :D

VaderV1
11-09-2018, 10:01
Another hour, and still no DLC on steam? why?

Olijke Poffer
11-09-2018, 10:08
Road cars are not my cup of tea but the two tracks are nice. I love mugello. At least in my xbox 1 days. So I’m happy to see this track in Pcars. Beside the above, it is nice to be able to step in a few icons ofcourse. (VR wise)

gregc
11-09-2018, 10:51
Another hour, and still no DLC on steam? why?

If my (not entirely reliable...) memory serves, don't we normally get DLC around 6pm uk time on Steam?

VaderV1
11-09-2018, 11:02
If my (not entirely reliable...) memory serves, don't we normally get DLC around 6pm uk time on Steam?

as far as I remeber, porsche and le mans pack were avaliable in the morning

Christiaan van Beilen
11-09-2018, 11:17
Road cars are not my cup of tea but the two tracks are nice. I love mugello. At least in my xbox 1 days. So I’m happy to see this track in Pcars. Beside the above, it is nice to be able to step in a few icons ofcourse. (VR wise)

Wouldn't mind if SMS ever made a silly car pack. VW Beetle, Morgan 3 Wheeler, Peugeot 205 Rallye, Opel Calibra DTM, Donkervoort D8 GT and a Mazda RX-7 (FC or FD). Which i'd summarize as... slow but silly fun, some old iron on 3 skinny tyres, nible and fast for on dirt, an underdog that became touringcar champ in 1996, a more improved version of the caterham, something for the silly street boys that like to drift about.

I'm also glad that Mugello is in the game. It must've been quite a struggle to get the deal done. It certainly will add another track with a different and unique character to the game.
On the other hand I think Fiorano is quite a tight test track from what I remember from Ferrari Academy from Kunos' hands. So I don't think it will be good for anything else than hotlapping.

Jurld
11-09-2018, 11:34
This looks like a good DLC and I'm happy for it, but I would really have loved to see something to match up against even one of the vintage Lotus F1 cars.

slider916
11-09-2018, 11:58
No Steam release yet.

Shinzah
11-09-2018, 12:41
Wake up to.....no dlc ~_~

GenBrien
11-09-2018, 12:53
Wake up to.....no dlc ~_~

as usual in Canada we'll be some days later...

Leynad
11-09-2018, 12:57
I'm at work and can't check, but the last time i did an integrity check to force the download.

VaderV1
11-09-2018, 12:59
I'm at work and can't check, but the last time i did an integrity check to force the download.

you still can't buy it on steam

Gregz0r
11-09-2018, 13:05
A decent-looking collection, but I think it would’ve been a great time to add the 1987-8 Ferrari F1 car to compliment the lonely Lotus 1986 car.
Also, I remember seeing ‘Testa Rossa’ as one of the possibly included cars a while back and stupidly assumed it was the 1987 ‘Testarossa’.
There goes my OutRun and Miami Vice fantasies.:rolleyes:

Shinzah
11-09-2018, 13:08
as usual in Canada we'll be some days later...

I'll launch into a rant the internet has never seen if this is the case...

balderz002
11-09-2018, 13:10
There goes my OutRun and Miami Vice fantasies.:rolleyes:

Still worth donning a Hawaiian shirt, aviators, and a Tom Selleck/Magnum PI moustache to try out the F40 though.............

Dookie
11-09-2018, 13:35
To the guys who are already able to play it: Are there official Screenshots in whatever store you've purchased it? If yes: Please post, please :D

Sessionerror
11-09-2018, 13:37
To the guys who are already able to play it: Are there official Screenshots in whatever store you've purchased it? If yes: Please post, please :D

You can have a look at the PSN store, for example ;) Some beautiful screenshots there!

https://store.playstation.com/en-sg/product/EP0700-CUSA04093_00-PCARS2FERRARPACK

Gregz0r
11-09-2018, 13:55
sounds like a bit of a marathon...
One for older players amongst us. We certainly had a lot of Treets back then. ;)

Gregz0r
11-09-2018, 13:58
Yes, Ferrari doesn't allow non-Ferrari cars at Fiorano. It's a licensing restriction.Wow lol,
SMS should’ve opted for a 1988 Imola or something instead, lol.

galaxyjack
11-09-2018, 15:28
Is F355 challenge a road car in real life? What is the difference betwen road and racing version ? Are they identical?

AbeWoz
11-09-2018, 15:43
Is F355 challenge a road car in real life? What is the difference betwen road and racing version ? Are they identical?

seriously? racing version will be stripped out, roll cage, racing slicks, etc.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_F355#F355_Challenge

MrTulip
11-09-2018, 16:10
If you are into this DLC for the road version of F40, remember to fit it with the Club tyre for extra fun and challenge! :cool:

Tank621
11-09-2018, 16:15
Wait the BBLM is Group 4? I thought it would have been Group 5

Don't get me wrong I am happy to see Group 4 getting fleshed out but that just wasn't what I was expecting

Gassolini
11-09-2018, 16:22
you still can't buy it on steam
It's up now. Mine is installed and ready to go (no download, just unlocking if your install is up to date).

This is the dream DLC - F355 Challenge, here I come :)

Bealdor
11-09-2018, 16:25

Don't get me wrong I am happy to see Group 4 getting fleshed out but that just wasn't what I was expecting

The decision was made because it was outclassed in Group 5 (just like IRL) and it fit into Group 4 very well performance wise.

Casey Ringley
11-09-2018, 16:28

Yeah, it was always more a Group 4 car in its design but didn't meet the homologation requirements, so they ran in the IMSA class instead. That let them get in the race, but matched up in a class against the Group 5 Porsche 935s. Poor thing never stood a chance with a 200kg and 300hp disadvantage. Matches up great with the BMW M1 Procar, though!

Tank621
11-09-2018, 16:28
The decision was made because it was outclassed in Group 5 (just like IRL) and it fit into Group 4 very well performance wise.

As much as I like to see authentic classes that does seem like a good decision

However, haven't some of the other slower Group 5 cars had a performance boost (The Capri getting extra horsepower of something along those lines) to make them competitive ?
I'm sure I remember talk of possibly have two separate Group 5 classes to account for the performance gap

Anyway I better get to driving the thing :D

Christiaan van Beilen
11-09-2018, 16:32
Art Issue: Small art issue at Pista di Fiorano... the painted lines of the skid pan are all not perfectly circular it seems.

---------------

Also... what are the Ferrari F40's "Club" tyres all about? :confused:

Maskmagog
11-09-2018, 16:33
Matches up great with the BMW M1 Procar, though!
Yes! The fabulous M1 Procar gets a fabulous opponent, awesome!

CastrolGT
11-09-2018, 16:48
well, I don't have many things to say about the DLC. I'm not a fan of Ferrari at all. although, I do like some of the cars present

-Ferrari 250 GT: I didn't testend it that much, but it's great to get one of the many 250 legends in the game
-Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa: same thing
-Ferrari 512 BB LM: holy racing tyres. that car has some hidden grip. I love it
-Ferrari F40: one of my very few favourite IRL. nice to see it in its road form
-Ferrari F355 challenge: sounds very agressive, drives pretty well, an ok car for me
-Ferrari FXX K: this was 100% going to come one day or another. the famous FXX K. I don't really like this car, but it does perform well
-Ferrari 458 Speciale A: what? an old 458? well, we alreadi have a 488 so, I understand. and one of the coolest sound of the DLC. agressive like I like :)
-Ferrari F12 TDF: this one was a bit unexpected for me. it's one of the most brutal car of the brand and it's really cool to see it in game. but, I don't know if it's me or if the camera is too far away (or my screen too small), but it seems that it lacks the 4 wheel direction. can anyone look at that? the rear wheels are suposed to turn slightly even at full lock. but I do feel it when I drive it. and that soft V12 sound is just lovely
-Mugello: finally a track that I use to drive on Assetto Corsa due to public lobbies lol very nice to see that track
-Fiorano: meh. I don't like this track. not wide enough and the fact that there's only Ferrari allowed on this track does block me. I understand for the real track because ferrari is over-owning what they have, but still, a virtual track…

anyway, this DLC is kinda meh for me but with some gems inside. I moderately appreciate it

EDIT: also, YAAAAY! no F1 cars like the pack for Assetto Corsa! (yes, I don't like F1 at all. boring)

Vic Flange
11-09-2018, 16:54
Oh the 250 TR is sublime.

Tank621
11-09-2018, 16:59
So what's that little screen on the bonnet of the 250 GT for then?

Is it just meant to catch dirt and bugs on it instead of the main windscreen or something?

galaxyjack
11-09-2018, 17:05
seriously? racing version will be stripped out, roll cage, racing slicks, etc.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_F355#F355_Challenge

Power to weight ratio is identical, same hp, weight, top speed.

VelvetTorpedo
11-09-2018, 17:08
So what's that little screen on the bonnet of the 250 GT for then?

Is it just meant to catch dirt and bugs on it instead of the main windscreen or something?

my guess is an elegant version of this haha

Christiaan van Beilen
11-09-2018, 17:27
Maybe Casey will tell us what that spoiler glass thingy is for in his write up for the DLC... I always enjoy reading those. :)

I'm guessing poor Casey is going to be busy writing a wall of text again tonight? :p

Austin Romero
11-09-2018, 17:36
Great DLC, Ferrari would have got more exposure for Fiorano by allowing all cars to drive on the track but they chose otherwise. Interesting.

Gassolini
11-09-2018, 17:39
...that spoiler glass thingy...
It's for deflecting bugs from the windshield.

Mahjik
11-09-2018, 17:46

Power to weight ratio is identical, same hp, weight, top speed.

The Challenge car is the same chassis and engine as the road car. Basically, what was changed were just the normal things you change to turn a street car into a race car:

Safety: Roll cage, fire system, harnesses, race seat, competition wheel, etc..
Reliability: Increased engine cooling, larger brakes, lighter wheels, cooling ducts..

Engine power will be the same as the road car (maybe +2/3 horsepower for exhaust change). Weight will be different than the road car. Top speed is largely influenced by frontal square area and engine power. Both of those remain the same so top speeds will be similar. The roll cage will add an exponential difference in chassis stiffness.

Maskmagog
11-09-2018, 17:59
It doesn't seem possible to do a timetrial on Mugello with any of the Ferrari DLC cars. That can't be on purpose, methinks?

Mugello is an old favourite from way back, great track! When the kids are sleeping I'll be driving old Ferrari legends on it, woohoo!

Cladandadum
11-09-2018, 18:07
Mugello is an old favourite from way back, great track! When the kids are sleeping I'll be driving old Ferrari legends on it, woohoo!

I hear you. Waiting patiently.....

galaxyjack
11-09-2018, 18:10
Engine power will be the same as the road car (maybe +2/3 horsepower for exhaust change). Weight will be different than the road car. Top speed is largely influenced by frontal square area and engine power. Both of those remain the same so top speeds will be similar. The roll cage will add an exponential difference in chassis stiffness.

So, it should be little faster than road E cars. It might even be slower than Porsche 959S

Mahjik
11-09-2018, 18:24
So, it should be little faster than road E cars. It might even be slower than Porsche 959S

Only testing will know. It's a proper race car with race tires so comparing it to road cars is going to be difficult. On smaller tracks, it will trounce most road cars whereas on a course with long straights, road cars with lots of power can blow by it.

stephenb
11-09-2018, 18:44
F355, belissimo <3

Christiaan van Beilen
11-09-2018, 19:07
It's for deflecting bugs from the windshield.

Well, that's reassuring that the windshield won't get bugged. :rolleyes:

Glad to know what it's for. I reckon it'll add quite a bit of drag though.

Casey Ringley
11-09-2018, 19:11
Maybe Casey will tell us what that spoiler glass thingy is for in his write up for the DLC... I always enjoy reading those. :)

I'm guessing poor Casey is going to be busy writing a wall of text again tonight? :p

Bug and (I think) it helped keep the wiper blade from fluttering off the glass at high speed. Might be imagining that last part or misappropriating from another car.

'Physics of...' thread will be coming soon. This one is so beyond wall of text that it's gonna be split into a post per car. Rough draft is about 12 pages typed.

galaxyjack
11-09-2018, 19:29
Only testing will know. It's a proper race car with race tires so comparing it to road cars is going to be difficult. On smaller tracks, it will trounce most road cars whereas on a course with long straights, road cars with lots of power can blow by it.

I tested it with street tires and it is slower than 959S as i expected. But on slick it is probably quicker than road d cars.

Christiaan van Beilen
11-09-2018, 19:38
Bug and (I think) it helped keep the wiper blade from fluttering off the glass at high speed. Might be imagining that last part or misappropriating from another car.

'Physics of...' thread will be coming soon. This one is so beyond wall of text that it's gonna be split into a post per car. Rough draft is about 12 pages typed.

I'll scratch myself behind the ear why they wouldn't use a stronger spring in the arm, unless the wiper motor wasn't powerful enough to handle that much drag on the wiper and a more powerful one (with the tech at the time) couldn't be fitted for whatever reason.
Interesting to hear about the usage of those things though. I had always wondered.

12 pages of Physics of all those cars. Oh boy... I better get some tea and biscuits whilst I still can. :eek: :o

I can't believe this'll be the last of the DLC packages, the last of pCARS 2 and the last of this round of your write ups. I'm feeling the same sadness of having to see the end of another period of watching a game grow as I did when WMD2 closed, and the same during pCARS1 and WMD1. I'll never get used to it for some reason.

Godspeed on wherever SMS is going next though, at least I didn't hear about anything new yet.

chieflongshin
11-09-2018, 20:12
Might be dropping a ball here. One of the old Ferraris with the quad pipes on the rear (not on console now so can't remember) I noticed on the exterior view has a piece of bodywork over the left hand pipes and the right ones are exposed. Bug or the car itself?

chieflongshin
11-09-2018, 20:15
If you are into this DLC for the road version of F40, remember to fit it with the Club tyre for extra fun and challenge! :cool:

What are the club tires? I saw these on another car today. Massive grip reduction. Is that right?

MrTulip
11-09-2018, 20:40
What are the club tires? I saw these on another car today. Massive grip reduction. Is that right?

Yes, a lot slippier but still manageable. They are the tyre the car came fitted with in the 80s/90s.

GrooveRaven1967
11-09-2018, 20:43
Great DLC, Ferrari would have got more exposure for Fiorano by allowing all cars to drive on the track but they chose otherwise. Interesting.

Many thanks for that info, I was wondering why that track kept appearing and disappearing in various track selection screens.

Synystr
11-09-2018, 21:09
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/396045098749526017/489178450704203787/header.jpg

There. I fixed it.

I'm kinda meh about everything in here except the f12tdf and the 355 cup car. It honestly feels like the f12tdf got 98% of the attention during development.

Gassolini
11-09-2018, 21:13
I've Done some testing with default Loose setups. The 250 GT and the manic (for the period) TR are just pure fun around Bannochbrae. They can be made slide around in the most satisfying manner, as they should. The F355 on Fiorano... this is it - how nice can a car be!? It has a voracious appetite for front tires though, so some setting up is in order later.

If I have to put my finger on something, it's the sound of the 250 TR. From 6k upwards the engine has a sizzling/whining sound that increases to ear piercing levels (and clipping?) at max revs. Not sure if it's meant to be induction, cam chain or something else (not transmission I assume, since it's the same in neutral and with the clutch depressed). The GT has the same sound but it doesn't get as annoying. I can't quite hear this sound in 250 TR onboard videos, at least not to that degree, although few people rev these oldies properly. I'll need to apply some very specific EQ when driving this car to endure the sound in the long run.

I'm going to have a lot of fun with this DLC, since I'm a total Ferrari nerd! :)

Synystr
11-09-2018, 21:15
I've Done some testing with default Loose setups. The 250 GT and the manic (for the period) TR are just pure fun around Bannochbrae. They can be made slide around in the most satisfying manner, as they should. The F355 on Fiorano... this is it - how nice can a car be!? It has a voracious appetite for front tires though, so some setting up is in order later.

If I have to put my finger on something, it's the sound of the 250 TR. From 6k upwards the engine has a sizzling/whining sound that increases to ear piercing levels (and clipping?) at max revs. Not sure if it's meant to be induction, cam chain or something else (not transmission since it's the same in neutral and with the clutch depressed). The GT has the same sound but it doesn't rev high enough to make it annoying. I can't quite hear this sound in 250 TR onboard videos, at least not to that degree. I'll need to apply some very specific EQ to this car to endure the sound.

I'm going to have a lot of fun with this DLC, since I'm a total Ferrari nerd! :)

Yea i noticed audio clipping on the f355 in the top 20% of the revs and the 250 tr.

Christiaan van Beilen
11-09-2018, 21:20
Issue: Custom Race (Similar class) - Ferrari F40 - Nordschleife. At fuchsröhre I noticed that AI cars were jumping all of a sudden when they went up the steep ascent there. After crashing into the armco and sometimes all kinds of mayham accured. It seems they fell through the floor than were shot upwards. It's quite distracting and really annoying when it happens.

Maskmagog
11-09-2018, 22:14
New Ferrari DLC cars can't be selected for Time Trial. "Leaderboard not available for current car and track selection".

AI seem more likely to push me off the track compared to other tracks? Edit: on Mugello

These cars are too beautiful to race with. I keep pausing the game to use photo mode. Well done! Berlinetta and F335 overall favourites so far. Great sounds as well!

Rodders
11-09-2018, 22:15
So far the pack is beyond my expectations. Never driven Mugello and love it and all cars tried so far are better than I expected. Best DLC so far for me and only tried half of it.

Gassolini
11-09-2018, 22:22
New Ferrari DLC cars can't be selected for Time Trial. "Leaderboard not available for current car and track selection"....
I see some combos on the leaderboard already, e.g. 355 on Fiorano. Should work...

Matt York
11-09-2018, 22:39
New Ferrari DLC cars can't be selected for Time Trial. "Leaderboard not available for current car and track selection".

I see some combos on the leaderboard already, e.g. 355 on Fiorano. Should work...

The leaderboards are currently being created. Unfortunately it isn't something that is immediate, and takes a little longer on XBox1 in comparison to PC and PS4. They should however be up soon though across all 3 platforms if not already, hence Gassolini saying he can see them on PC, but Maskmagog (and someone else previously in the thread) on Xbox1 can't, but I can't give an exact ETA as the final stages of the process they go through are out of our hands. Hopefully they should be live for people to start setting times, and getting involved with the Ferrari Essentials pack Community Events by midday Weds 12th, UK time.

Maskmagog
11-09-2018, 22:42
^^Excellent, thanks for the explanation (and the awesome game/patch/dlc :))

rocho
11-09-2018, 23:13
I have just tested all the cars in the dlc and I think that some of them are a joy to drive, simply pure fun. Probably the best DLC so far.
I love Mugello, but I expected Fiorano to be a racing circuit, not only a test track. Anyway, I'm happy with Mugello
I only miss Mid-Ohio, another superfun track that we could test during the development. I wish we have it in a future DLC.

UkHardcore23
11-09-2018, 23:32
4 and a half hours racing and every minute was brilliant!

My arms cannot take any more...

https://i.imgur.com/JQw5TgG_d.jpg

Christiaan van Beilen
11-09-2018, 23:42
4 and a half hours racing and every minute was brilliant!

My arms cannot take any more...

https://i.imgur.com/JQw5TgG_d.jpg

Come on, mate... I thought you were "hardcore" so do a marathon and go 24 hours like a champ. :p

TekNeil
12-09-2018, 00:03
Both tracks. Fantastic.

All cars, fantastic.

Especially the 250 GT and the F355. The 250 GT is superb fun, what a car to drive! And the F355 is possibly the most easily balanced car I've tried so far. All the others are great in their own ways too. Great job on this DLC.

I'd say it's well worth £8 just for the two tracks and 250 GT alone.

morpwr
12-09-2018, 00:24
These dlcs keep getting better and better. Great job SMS!!!!!!!! All the Ferraris I tried so far are absolutely AMAZING!!!

lollygag
12-09-2018, 00:53
Cant use other cars on the Ferrari track? stupid

Id'a told Ferrari to kiss my ass if i paid for the dlc.

Chikane
12-09-2018, 02:20
Only thing i find odd is the fact that half of the fxxk liveries have #10 on them?

WGIstation6a
12-09-2018, 02:30
Holy FXXK. That car is a blast. It was one of the cars I was least looking forward to, but man, that thing rips.

Chikane
12-09-2018, 02:37
Holy FXXK. That car is a blast. It was one of the cars I was least looking forward to, but man, that thing rips.

Agree.

But its been two seconds slower then the p1 gtr on almost ever track i test them.

Both on default setup

rpstar
12-09-2018, 03:32
Both tracks. Fantastic.

All cars, fantastic.

Especially the 250 GT and the F355. The 250 GT is superb fun, what a car to drive! And the F355 is possibly the most easily balanced car I've tried so far. All the others are great in their own ways too. Great job on this DLC.

I'd say it's well worth £8 just for the two tracks and 250 GT alone.

I agree. The 250 gt is fabulous as it the 355 challenge. All the cars really are great. SMS has outdone themselves on this DLC. Cars and tracks look amazing. Love, love it. I'm going to have to put up some 4k captures on youtube of this as it's soooo gorgeous. I've been impressed about the visuals since day one but something about this DLC seems extra special. Dunno. Thanks guys. Most excellent job.

I'll have to see how it is on Xbox 1 X next. I play both locations but PC generally just looks a ton better.

micmansour
12-09-2018, 04:32

Rips for about 3 laps, then the battery runs out....

Azure Flare
12-09-2018, 04:35
Cant use other cars on the Ferrari track? stupid

Licensing restrictions.

Awong124
12-09-2018, 04:55
Can anybody explain why the front spring rates on the F355 Challenge are so absurdly stiff? Even on the softest setting they are over 300N/mm. That's like around 50%-100% stiffer than spring rates on GT3 cars. I don't recall coming across any other car that has spring rates even close to this. The values for the rears are more normal, which results in the fronts springs being at least 2x as stiff as the rears. The car is still a joy to drive, but it has slight understeer that can't really be tuned out because front springs and antiroll bar are already at the softest settings and rear springs and antiroll bar are already at the firmest settings by default. And you can only do so much with the diff.

Konan
12-09-2018, 05:02

That would be a PEGI 3 offense...

Jezza819
12-09-2018, 05:28
I only had a short time to explore the new stuff tonight. Mugello is good but I kind of figured it would be. The F355 Challenge class is very balanced and the car is great to drive. Fiorano took a little getting used to like any new track. However my first time out was in the 250 TR and on the out lap right after you go over the bridge, instead of turning right, I couldn't get stopped in time and went down the embankment so I just turned right and went on but I noticed that the clock was showing a very long lap even though I had passed the finish line once. I thought this couldn't be right. This shouldn't be a 3 minute or more lap. So I stopped that test drive and changed to the 458 Speciale. Was very careful going over the bridge and made the right turn but I didn't recognize the track. Turns out earlier I was running the track backwards :D My 3 plus minute laps had turned into 1:25 or so.

Bealdor
12-09-2018, 06:28
Can anybody explain why the front spring rates on the F355 Challenge are so absurdly stiff? Even on the softest setting they are over 300N/mm. That's like around 50%-100% stiffer than spring rates on GT3 cars. I don't recall coming across any other car that has spring rates even close to this. The values for the rears are more normal, which results in the fronts springs being at least 2x as stiff as the rears. The car is still a joy to drive, but it has slight understeer that can't really be tuned out because front springs and antiroll bar are already at the softest settings and rear springs and antiroll bar are already at the firmest settings by default. And you can only do so much with the diff.

The springs of the real F355 Challenge ARE incredibly stiff. From the reference I've found there are 2 spring packs available:

1800 lb/in Front and 700 lb/in Rear and
2200 lb/in Front and 900 lb/in Rear

which is:

315 N/mm Front and 123 N/mm Rear
385 N/mm Front and 158 N/mm Rear

With a front motion ratio of 0.7 that'll give you a wheel rate of 154 N/mm respectively 189 N/mm. So yes, the front suspension is indeed incredibly stiff on that car. :)

Scuderia Paul
12-09-2018, 07:07
I really enjoyed my time with Ferrari Essentials last night. I used the cars at Fiorano and Mugello in Free Practice so have yet to race them but all were nice drives.

The 250 GT Berlinetta and 250 Testa Rossa were lovely old-school drives with plenty of squat, dive and bodyroll to deal with.
The 458 Aperta looks great but is a fairly generic drive. It doesn't sound raw enough though.
The FXX K is a monster which drives and sounds fantastic.
The 355 Challenge was a nice trip down memory lane. Sounds good if a little distorted at high revs but the driving makes up for it - Huge slightly slippy fun.
I only tried the 512 BB LM for a lap at Le Mans Classic. Not the most exciting lap to drive on your own so tonight I will race it there at night in the rain.
The F12 TdF is ferocious and spent quite a bit of time off road at Fiorano. It is a very exhilarating if scary drive. It sounds very good if a little muted. Not quiet, but perhaps a touch muffled.

Mugello is a super circuit, particularly for lower category racing, so to have it in PCars2 is much appreciated. Fiorano is a welcome novelty. It has that mysterious feeling as if you shouldn't be there.

Ferrari Essentials has become my favourite of the DLC packs with Porsche Legends a close second. My most anticipated pack was Le Mans Icons but, because the LMP1-H cars are so poorly represented, it has slipped right down. The Fun Pack was anything but.

DUMBUNNY360
12-09-2018, 07:31

This is one of the dumbest decisions by manufactures. It makes them look like an ass. Also their decision to not allow full REALISTIC damage. We watch these cars get totally destroyed and burst into flames during live races, but they will not allow it in our sim titles. These decisions make the public view them poorly.

lollygag
12-09-2018, 07:52
This is one of the dumbest decisions by manufactures. It makes them look like an ass. Also their decision to not allow full REALISTIC damage. We watch these cars get totally destroyed and burst into flames during live races, but they will not allow it in our sim titles. These decisions make the public view them poorly.

Yea for sure.. Its really got me Pista offa

Silraed
12-09-2018, 08:22
It's a bit of a miss DLC pack for me. I love Mugello for motorbikes it is just an amazing track to watch, but I don't click with it for cars. Fiorano is great but I don't particularly enjoy many of the Ferrari's in the game enough to enjoy driving it. None of the cars are instant favourites, maybe if I spent a bit more time with some of them I could learn to appreciate them. I wouldn't say I'm disappointed with the pack but I'm not finding myself blown away and it doesn't compare to some of the other packs for me.

hkraft300
12-09-2018, 08:25

Shows a lack of confidence. If they were confident they'd say: bring on Any manufacturers, have at it, our cars are the best, we are Ferrari.
IRL automotive journalists cop same sort of restriction. For example: getting the 918, LaF and P1 together for back to back track testing a few years ago.

Anyway, frothing for Casey's physics thread :)

UkHardcore23
12-09-2018, 08:55
The only car im not digging out of the pack (the rest i love) is the 250 TR - I seem to be sliding all over the place in it while the AI is glued to the road as if they are driving a modern Fiesta ST.

cluck
12-09-2018, 09:02
We ran through the 355 Challenge, 250 GT SWB, FxxK, F12tdf and F40 last night, across Mugello (full and short), Pista, Imola and Spa. The 355 is going to get a LOT of racing in it, it is just perfectly balanced "out of the box" and an utter joy to drive around Mugello. The 250GT SWB likewise, once you recalibrate your senses from just having driven the Holy FxxK(balls). Talking of which, I wasn't expecting most of the guys to actually enjoy the FxxK as much as they did - I like driving it because it makes me giggle inside, like a child - but aside from needing to brake earlier than expected (mostly due to the ridiculous speed it carries), they all loved it, a lot! The F12tdf seemed to elicit the question "is 750hp too much power?" a few times but having just come from the 250GT and then the F40, it did feel a bit too raucous for most tastes. We didn't try out the 250 TR or the 458 but I know from my own driving of them, that they are both lovely. The 250 TR is a wonderful drive around Portimao for example :)

Chikane
12-09-2018, 09:02
Rips for about 3 laps, then the battery runs out....

Depends on the track

The fxxk doesn't really rely on KRS as much has the p1 gtr does

The fxxk regenerates back more KRS under breaking then the p1 gtr does.

The fxxk doesn't rely on KRS to consistently hit 200mph and plus it doesn't have DRS.

The p1 gtr on the other hand does rely on DRS to hit 200mph when KRS runs out and plus it doesn't regenerates as much KRS under breaking as the fxxk does.

Even so i yet to do a faster lap on the fxxk then the p1 gtr on any track ;)

UkHardcore23
12-09-2018, 09:06
We ran through the 355 Challenge, 250 GT SWB, FxxK, F12tdf and F40 last night, across Mugello (full and short), Pista, Imola and Spa. The 355 is going to get a LOT of racing in it, it is just perfectly balanced "out of the box" and an utter joy to drive around Mugello. The 250GT SWB likewise, once you recalibrate your senses from just having driven the Holy FxxK(balls). Talking of which, I wasn't expecting most of the guys to actually enjoy the FxxK as much as they did - I like driving it because it makes me giggle inside, like a child - but aside from needing to brake earlier than expected (mostly due to the ridiculous speed it carries), they all loved it, a lot! The F12tdf seemed to elicit the question "is 750hp too much power?" a few times but having just come from the 250GT and then the F40, it did feel a bit too raucous for most tastes. We didn't try out the 250 TR or the 458 but I know from my own driving of them, that they are both lovely. The 250 TR is a wonderful drive around Portimao for example :)

I thought the 355 was going to be my favourite car as soon as i drove it but that 458 Speciale Aperta - Oh man it's too good! And wins car of the pack for me!

cluck
12-09-2018, 09:14
I thought the 355 was going to be my favourite car as soon as i drove it but that 458 Speciale Aperta - Oh man it's too good! And wins car of the pack for me!I'm sure if we'd got around to driving it, most of the other guys last night would have agreed. I think a certain physics dev will be inclined to agree with you too. For what it's worth, it's one of my 3 favourites from the pack too (the pair of 250 cars being the others).

balderz002
12-09-2018, 10:50
Out of the two, currently, with very limited driving, I prefer the 250SWB over the TestaRossa. I think the extra weight makes it feel more planted. The DBR1 and TR seem to be a lot more wallowy and vague, but that's just their charm, not a criticism.

For as long as SMS keep supplying DLC, I, Sir, will be getting it!

rocho
12-09-2018, 12:03
Out of the two, currently, with very limited driving, I prefer the 250SWB over the TestaRossa. I think the extra weight makes it feel more planted. The DBR1 and TR seem to be a lot more wallowy and vague, but that's just their charm, not a criticism.

For as long as SMS keep supplying DLC, I, Sir, will be getting it!
I agree with you, but that lightness makes the TestaRossa to slide a bit more and it is super fun to drive. Both cars are amazing.

balderz002
12-09-2018, 12:05
I agree with you, but that lightness makes the TestaRossa to slide a bit more and it is super fun to drive. Both cars are amazing.

They are great fun, your right there rocho!

The TR seems more lively when it comes to pickup under acceleration. Love them both!

Its a great multiclass if you include the Merc SL's in the mix too!

UkHardcore23
12-09-2018, 12:34
Dont you find that while you's are sliding all over the place in the TR all the AI are glued to the road? Looks really weird either that or im way over driving it.

Vic Flange
12-09-2018, 13:40
Dont you find that while you's are sliding all over the place in the TR all the AI are glued to the road? Looks really weird either that or im way over driving it.

You need to be smooth with it to get the best out of it. Gentle on the brakes, throttle and steering.

Mahjik
12-09-2018, 13:54

Bit of both... ;)

BrakeCheck101
12-09-2018, 15:22
Considering I'm not much of a Ferrari fan, I've really enjoyed my initial racing with this DLC.

Mugello is a fantastic track, albeit, quite difficult to overtake unless you get a good run out of the last corner onto the main straight. It's quite a long track to learn though - there's just so many corners.

I would love to see this track on the WEC calendar - would be an absolutely nightmare trying to get past traffic cleanly!

Matt York
12-09-2018, 15:28
The leaderboards are currently being created. Unfortunately it isn't something that is immediate, and takes a little longer on XBox1 in comparison to PC and PS4. They should however be up soon though across all 3 platforms if not already, hence Gassolini saying he can see them on PC, but Maskmagog (and someone else previously in the thread) on Xbox1 can't, but I can't give an exact ETA as the final stages of the process they go through are out of our hands. Hopefully they should be live for people to start setting times, and getting involved with the Ferrari Essentials pack Community Events by midday Weds 12th, UK time.

Update on this; just had confirmation that Mugello and Pista Di Fiorano now have their leaderboards in TT, and the Ferrari Essentials Pack Community Events are now up and live across all platforms. Enjoy :)

Jescott71
12-09-2018, 15:59
I was sceptical about this DLC, as I never use road cars in the game and only occasionally use the classic cars, but I've really enjoyed what little I've played so far. I love the F355 Challenge car, that's already one of my favourite cars in the game and I've only driven it for less than an hour, I can see myself spending a lot of time with that car. Mugello alone is worth getting the DLC for in my opinion, I absolutely adore that track and I don't think it gets the love it deserves in real life.

Awong124
12-09-2018, 17:59
The springs of the real F355 Challenge ARE incredibly stiff. From the reference I've found there are 2 spring packs available:

1800 lb/in Front and 700 lb/in Rear and
2200 lb/in Front and 900 lb/in Rear

which is:

315 N/mm Front and 123 N/mm Rear
385 N/mm Front and 158 N/mm Rear

With a front motion ratio of 0.7 that'll give you a wheel rate of 154 N/mm respectively 189 N/mm. So yes, the front suspension is indeed incredibly stiff on that car. :)

I'm not doubting that the game values are accurate, but just wondering why Ferrari would do that on the real car.

Gassolini
12-09-2018, 18:42
Might be dropping a ball here. One of the old Ferraris with the quad pipes on the rear (not on console now so can't remember) I noticed on the exterior view has a piece of bodywork over the left hand pipes and the right ones are exposed. Bug or the car itself?
Not a bug. This shield is found on some of the competition models, sometimes colour coded and sometimes steel/chromed. It's on the side where the fuel filler is, and its function is to prevent fuel spillage onto the potentially hot exhaust.

DusterBuster
12-09-2018, 19:10
Hi,

i have a Problem with the new DLC. I can select Pista di Fiorano when creating an mulitplayer server but not in singleplayer? It should be below Oulton Park, but after that comes Leipzig. In MP Pista di Fiorano is listed under Oulton Park. Is this normal? I also made a file check within steam.

Maskmagog
12-09-2018, 20:10
^^Fiorano is only selectable when you've first selected a Ferrari car. No other cars are allowed there, just like IRL.

DusterBuster
12-09-2018, 21:11
Hi,

thanks for the info, thats the solution. Sad that you can only drive with ferraris on it, otherwise it would maybe less realistic but better for the game.

Konan
12-09-2018, 21:20
It all has to do with licenses... No other cars on a Ferrari track...

Maskmagog
12-09-2018, 22:34
Spent the evening driving the F355 at Mugello, so much fun! Wonderful car, wonderful track, thank you SMS!

poirqc
13-09-2018, 02:11
Thanks for another good DLC!

Season pass was really worth it!

warth0g
13-09-2018, 03:17
I’d actually forgotten about the DLC (not the biggest Ferrari fan) and spent a couple of hours driving the Group As around Brands Hatch. I was about to shut down for the evening when I remembered the DLC and, because I occasionally enjoy the vintage cars, decided to try the 250GT. I’d never driven Bannochbrae either, as I’m also not usually a fan of the made-up tracks.

Well - I haven’t stopped grinning. Literally the most fun I’ve had in a sim. SO MUCH FUN. gently drifting around, listening to the gorgeous engine, admiring the scenery. What a fantastic experience. Thank you devs, you did a fantastic job!

Plato99
13-09-2018, 06:54
Nice touch. Like that ��

Jussi Karjalainen
13-09-2018, 13:34
I agree with you, but that lightness makes the TestaRossa to slide a bit more and it is super fun to drive. Both cars are amazing.It's actually more to do with the subtle differences in the suspension layouts and how the geometry behaves, rather than the weight. =)

I'm not doubting that the game values are accurate, but just wondering why Ferrari would do that on the real car.My guess is that it was kind of the style at the time. The way they designed the spring balance and overall stiffness is very similar to how many Group A and DTM cars of the late 80s and early 90s ran, really stiffly sprung despite not really needing it for the tyres or the aero. On certain spring sets the BMW M3 E30 Group A had a stiffer front end than a modern LMP1 car!

EDIT: Oh, and speaking of Group A cars, if memory serves the F355 Challenge matches up quite well with those, at least the BMW and the Merc. If you want multiclass ideas that are fairly balanced, there's one. =)

shiftee
13-09-2018, 15:48
I have always disliked Mugello, but this is the most fun I've ever had driving this tack. I am just happy to get a true racing circuit in DLC. I get the season pass solely for the tracks, so it has been a little disappointing for me personally to get: 2 rallycross, one test track, and one beautiful historical tack (with few turns and probably not as fun and repeatable as the modern layout). So I am very happy with Mugello even if its not in my top 100 fav tracks, and am even surprised with the Ferrari track. I thought it was going to be a test track with awkward turns, narrow roads, and no flow - but it seems fun and race-able.

Now to where Pcars2 has changed my way of thinking. I bought season pass for the tracks, but it turns out it was actually worth it just for the cars. I enjoyed every single Ferrari I took out for a quick spin. The vintage 250s are a blast,
the F355 Challenge is too fun, and I loved everything about the 512 except the understeer. I am not a tuner, but I guess I will have to look into trying to remove the understeer on that one. If anyone has a tune for that specifically, please post it haha. Great job SMS, with all 4 of these DLC car packs it seems like a lot of love and care was put into them (maybe even more so than some of the standard vanilla cars). Can't wait to get more time to really get behind the wheel for some longer races...

Jezza819
13-09-2018, 15:57
I’d actually forgotten about the DLC (not the biggest Ferrari fan) and spent a couple of hours driving the Group As around Brands Hatch. I was about to shut down for the evening when I remembered the DLC and, because I occasionally enjoy the vintage cars, decided to try the 250GT. I’d never driven Bannochbrae either, as I’m also not usually a fan of the made-up tracks.

Well - I haven’t stopped grinning. Literally the most fun I’ve had in a sim. SO MUCH FUN. gently drifting around, listening to the gorgeous engine, admiring the scenery. What a fantastic experience. Thank you devs, you did a fantastic job!

Yeah I drove the 250GT for the first time last night without adjusting one single thing on it and man was it nice. I see myself using that car a lot in the future.

ShimonART
13-09-2018, 16:56
iam loving the f12, sounds and drives amazing!

chieflongshin
13-09-2018, 17:19
Not a bug. This shield is found on some of the competition models, sometimes colour coded and sometimes steel/chromed. It's on the side where the fuel filler is, and its function is to prevent fuel spillage onto the potentially hot exhaust.

Ah.... I have learnt something new. Thank you :)

Gassolini
13-09-2018, 18:13
Hmm...

Leaderboard F355 Challenge on Fiorano: 1:18.539
Real life F355 Challenge on Fiorano: 1:25.400

?

Shinzah
13-09-2018, 18:37
Hmm...

Leaderboard F355 Challenge on Fiorano: 1:18.539
Real life F355 Challenge on Fiorano: 1:25.400

?

Who was the driver? What were the conditions? How different are the tires? There's too many factors here.

Gassolini
13-09-2018, 18:52
Who was the driver? What were the conditions? How different are the tires? There's too many factors here.
The real life time is an F355 Challenge race car (slicks, wing, etc.). I have no idea how much alienness accounts for but 6 seconds sounds a bit much. I cracked 1:24 in a handful of laps on the default setup and with penalties enabled, after 2.5 years away from simracing (well rusty!), and not being a very fast driver. I expect to shave a couple of seconds off that, perhaps on my next session. I.o.w., I wonder if there is room for a balancing tweak, or if there's something else.

Shinzah
13-09-2018, 19:02
The real life time is an F355 Challenge race car (slicks, wing, etc.). I have no idea how much alienness accounts for but 6 seconds sounds a bit much. I cracked 1:24 in a handful of laps on the default setup and with penalties enabled, after 2.5 years away from simracing (well rusty!), and not being a very fast driver. I expect to shave a couple of seconds off that, perhaps on my next session. I.o.w., I wonder if there is room for a balancing tweak, or if there's something else.

Tires and driver can account for a bunch in terms of pace, though

I'm guessing tires are involved in this somewhere

hkraft300
14-09-2018, 00:58
Is there a harder slick tire compound available for the 355c? Maybe that is closer to RL performance?
I think according to Casey's thread it was the club tire. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Azure Flare
14-09-2018, 02:18
IIRC, there is a Slick and Street compound.

tpw
14-09-2018, 03:56
SMS continues to knock it out of the park with DLC: reasonably priced; great range of beautifully detailed, great sounding (external sounds notwithstanding) and magnificent handling cars; and a couple of great tracks too. The F355c is not only my favourite from this DLC, it's my favourite SMS Ferrari, and now one of my favourite cars in the whole game. Such an absolute pleasure to drive. Well done Casey et al, this is top shelf.

Awong124
14-09-2018, 04:32
It's actually more to do with the subtle differences in the suspension layouts and how the geometry behaves, rather than the weight. =)
My guess is that it was kind of the style at the time. The way they designed the spring balance and overall stiffness is very similar to how many Group A and DTM cars of the late 80s and early 90s ran, really stiffly sprung despite not really needing it for the tyres or the aero. On certain spring sets the BMW M3 E30 Group A had a stiffer front end than a modern LMP1 car!

EDIT: Oh, and speaking of Group A cars, if memory serves the F355 Challenge matches up quite well with those, at least the BMW and the Merc. If you want multiclass ideas that are fairly balanced, there's one. =)

I haven't tried with the Group A cars, but the F355 matches up well with the Touring Cars too.

MarcoM
14-09-2018, 09:04
Even though the 355 is top on my list, I gave the intimidating F40 a try today. While in AC I cannot drive properly with the F40, in PC2 I do a much better job not crashing out every corner. Not sure which is the better simulator, but I enjoy the hanlding in PC2 more.

Jurld
14-09-2018, 11:33
Well, these cars are gorgeous and fun to drive around solo.

I've tried driving the 250TR along with the 250GT and the Aston in a class race at Nords enduro and it was a complete shit-show. All the general AI problems exhibited at this track seem to be exaggerated by these cars, particularly the 2nd pflanzgarten. On top of that they all had a weird speed fall-off of about 15 seconds from lap 1 times to lap 2 times.

I was also chuffed to try the 512BB mixed with the 924 and the BMW. This was actually even worse, so I decided to try just a pack of the 512BBs. It is sad that the AI just cannot drive that 512 at speed. Half of them go off at the NGK chicane. Another big mess at Aremberg and, for the coup de grace, the entire track plugged from wall to wall by every car from 2nd place back at the second pflanzgarten.

Even though the 355 is top on my list, I gave the intimidating F40 a try today. While in AC I cannot drive properly with the F40, in PC2 I do a much better job not crashing out every corner. Not sure which is the better simulator, but I enjoy the hanlding in PC2 more.

I noticed this as well. The F40 is way easier to drive in this game.

tipostrano
14-09-2018, 13:51
This game needs more love and love from DEVS. I'm in love with it. But please devs love your game and love your fanbase.
Destroy all left bugs, Make some official event ( make use of that LICENCE! ) Give me a old mini cooper, and finally, let us make offline champs with custom cars and drivers!!!!

In the meantime, just for the love of driving and eyecandy
:o :o :o :o :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67beTLuOT9g&t=412s

Jezza819
14-09-2018, 15:41
Last night I ran the 250 GT in a race against it's class at Hockenheim National which turned out to be a lot of fun. But the TR seems to be top dog in that class because the finishing order was almost completely split into 3 separate groups. I won in the 250 GT but then it was all of the TR's, then all of the Astons, then about 3 other GT's at the bottom.

I guess last weekend's Goodwood Revival was still fresh in my mind because it was almost like I was running in that. Then the other thing I thought of was how many multi millions of dollars in real life value was contained in that race I was in. Almost makes you want to be extra careful and not hit anyone or be hit by anyone else.

BrakeCheck101
14-09-2018, 16:10
So...first impressions of Fiorano...for a testing track, it's actually OK.

Not something I'm going to play a hell of a lot in the future, but took the F40 for a spin around it and it was good fun.

Obviously the lack of pit lane makes it awkward for doing any sort of long race around here and the obvious Ferrari-only limitations car-wise. But still, its a nice addition to the game and certainly better for it.

Cool to think of all the history of the track when you're driving round. Schumacher, Mansell etc testing around here in classic Ferraris.

F40 is quite fun too. Horrendous understeer, but it sounds amazing and I'm looking forward to taking it around other circuits.

Here's my extended initial thoughts:
https://youtu.be/r6Fr53DmBp0

Haiden
14-09-2018, 16:29
Mugello is one of my favorite tracks and a welcome addition. The AI seem to be a bit slow in many of the corners, though, making it hard to have a good SP race. Hope this gets adjusted soon.

warth0g
14-09-2018, 16:52
Also played around with the F355 last night... it looks, feels and sounds fantastic. Very easy to drive but perhaps I wasn't anywhere near the limit. I was keeping up with the AI but only on 79%... but then, I suck.. anyway, I'm loving the Ferrari pack so much more than I expected to :-) If it is the last DLC, then it's a great way to bow out ..

DeathMetalRacer
14-09-2018, 21:16
I have the Ferrari DLC installed, strange thing is I can't find the ferrari test track in quick race mode. Any thoughts?

Jussi Karjalainen
14-09-2018, 21:18
I have the Ferrari DLC installed, strange thing is I can't find the ferrari test track in quick race mode. Any thoughts?You need to have a Ferrari car selected first. After that you should find it under P for Pista di Fiorano.

DeathMetalRacer
14-09-2018, 21:25
Thank you, that works!

bmanic
15-09-2018, 02:39
Finally had a chance to drive pCars 2 all night (it's 5am!!). I only drove the F40, F355, 250 and the Testarosa Berlinetta version. ALL of them are absolute gems! They drive amazingly well.

My main gripe is the sound of pretty much all of these. I had to use an external equalizer to get rid of some of the high pitched rattling and a horriffic resonance at exactly 2550Hz on the F355 Challenge car (-12dB to keep my sanity). I really wish the engine sounds were recorded at a much greater distance from the actual engine.. like inside the cockpit. These all sound like close miked recordings close to metal and things resonating and rattling like crazy. It may be realistic for a microphone but nobody is actually driving these things with their heads inside the engine bay. Anyhow, I can fix it here on my end so that I can at least drive these so personally I can live with this.

Had an awesome race at Donington with the F355 and AI set to 120%. I didn't really stand a chance but it was fun defending my position and tryin to keep in the pack. Unfortunately it seems like the AI is still quite slow in rain weather. Do they perhaps simply have less grip on their tires than the player? I can take almost all corners faster than the AI once the track gets properly saturated.

On the positive side, I may be dreaming or pure placebo but it feels like the kerbs weird "sucking out to the track" has been significantly improved. I also didn't get a single instance of strange ultra low speed aquaplaning, even when crossing that horriffic massive pond/puddle that always gathers at Melbourn Hairpin at Donington. I need to check this out in a GT3 car tomorrow (erm.. today!).

My only wish for a farewell patch for pC2 would be fixing of the puddles (yay if it's already done!) so that we don't aquaplane at 40km/h and give the AI a significant boost of grip in the rain, at least if they are set past 100% difficulty. As it is right now there is literally no challenge for me in the rain with AI and I'm nowhere near being a fast driver. This means there are literally tens of thousands of people who can not enjoy a challenge against the AI in the single player part of the game, which is such a pity considering how brilliantly the rain has been done.

Anyhow, the Ferrari DLC pack sofar is absolutely awesome. Tomorrow I'll have to check the rest. Now a few hours of sleep before the kids wake up at 7.30 or whenever those cartoons start in the morning.. sigh.

Olijke Poffer
15-09-2018, 08:24
Mugello is one of my favorite tracks and a welcome addition. The AI seem to be a bit slow in many of the corners, though, making it hard to have a good SP race. Hope this gets adjusted soon.

Same for me..

RogueVale
15-09-2018, 10:15
Physics have taken a step forward, this is the way

tpw
15-09-2018, 11:03
Sorry if I overlooked this, but have the 458c physics or tyres been updated? I found it deeply unpleasant to drive when it was released, but gave it another go while testing all the Ferraris along with the DLC and had an absolute blast.

Gassolini
15-09-2018, 13:25
...My main gripe is the sound of pretty much all of these. I had to use an external equalizer to get rid of some of the high pitched rattling and a horriffic resonance at exactly 2550Hz on the F355 Challenge car (-12dB to keep my sanity)....
Thanks for pinpointing the F355 resonance, I'll apply EQ accordingly :encouragement:

How do your ears get on with the 250 TR at full revs (my observation here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64738-Ferrari-Essentials-DLC-Discussion&p=1539325&viewfull=1#post1539325))? Good thing I use a programmable EQ with presets, as several profiles are needed.

Anyhow, the Ferrari DLC pack sofar is absolutely awesome...
It is indeed! :)

Jussi Karjalainen
15-09-2018, 13:47
Sorry if I overlooked this, but have the 458c physics or tyres been updated? I found it deeply unpleasant to drive when it was released, but gave it another go while testing all the Ferraris along with the DLC and had an absolute blast.Do you mean the Ferrari 488 Challenge? If so, yes, that did get some updates to it.