PDA

View Full Version : Career: Invitational Vintage Lotus Trophy

SharpeXB
05-09-2018, 03:51
This is the most difficult race I have ever encountered in PC2.
Is there some secret to succeeding in it? I have about 100 hours in the game and have watched Driver61 channel.
I can't imagine how it is possible to complete this.
Even worse after managing to survive two laps which is the farthest I have got after weeks and hundreds of attempts I am discovering the car will just not handle straight, it gives out and pulls violently from side to side, with no damage taken. Why is this happening?
I am running the default setup Stable.
I don't want to give up because otherwise this race is simply awesome. Vintage F1 in the rain, just riveting.
The racing strategy stuff I can deal with, I know why I'm not succeeding there. But this violent pulling I can't explain. Are the tires giving out after just two laps?

isamu
05-09-2018, 09:10
Is this the one at Classic Spa in the L49?

Also which difficulty are you attempting it on? I completed it on my third try, and placed 1st(difficulty at about 35%-45% can't remember).

Vic Flange
05-09-2018, 11:09
Tires are getting cold. Try the vintage tyres with very low pressures. That is what I did to complete it.

isamu
05-09-2018, 14:04
OK now I know which one you mean. Took me a few tries but I just placed 1st in the event at 6 laps, using default "Automatic by Weather" tires, with AI at 60%. You're right it's quite tough. The problem isn't so much the car, but it's the AI and the fact that they're ungodly fast on the straights *and* in some turns.

The AI really starts trolling you, once you set them past a certain strength. They're usually slow in the rain but for some reason in this event, the rain and the fact that the track in drenched doesn't affect them one bit. They're driving as if the track's completely dry. I squeaked by with a 1st place win at 60% strength so it's do-able, but I can't see anyone beating them at say, 80% or higher in this event. Not happening!

SharpeXB
05-09-2018, 15:39
I have the AI set to 45 in most races which makes them competitive enough for me. But what I’m encountering here, besides the (rather exciting and addictive) difficulty of this race is that my car just seems to completely lose control after the first or second lap. I’m in maybe 4th place after lap 1 but then my performance degraded and the car violently pulls side to side with any attempt at acceleration even on the straights. It becomes impossible at that point. Watching replays I even suspected that the AI was hitting me from behind but no. I’ll try the different tires and see.

hasslemoff
05-09-2018, 16:36
I have the AI set to 45 in most races which makes them competitive enough for me. But what Iím encountering here, besides the (rather exciting and addictive) difficulty of this race is that my car just seems to completely lose control after the first or second lap. Iím in maybe 4th place after lap 1 but then my performance degraded and the car violently pulls side to side with any attempt at acceleration even on the straights. It becomes impossible at that point. Watching replays I even suspected that the AI was hitting me from behind but no. Iíll try the different tires and see.

If it's the monza event your tyres get colder as the race goes on making the car slide a lot as there is no grip on the track tyres.
As someones mentioned use vintage tyres on this invitational it makes a massive difference and they keep the heat.

SharpeXB
06-09-2018, 04:10
The tires might have helped, I didn't manage to make it past one lap today and they start to give out at that point.
This is absolutely the most difficult thing I've ever tried to do. I do a lot of flight sims and the only thing that comes close there is air to air refueling. Been at this one race for several weeks.

I have a G920 ffb wheel and shifter so the experience here is just awesome :D
This is just visceral addicting and exhausting. I can't figure out how to post a screenshot of the race setup
It's a Lotus Type 49 Cosworth at Monza GP Historic with light rain.