PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the fans?

proterra1
05-09-2018, 12:17
Not posted on here in a while, but after going to Knockhill to watch the BTCC the other weekend and then coming home and recreating the racing in game I was disappointed to notice that there are barely any fans in the game. I tried changing weather and seasons to see if the fans only appear on sunny summer days but no, that didn't help!
Is there just a lack of fans to save computing power? It was just so noticeable after having just been there of course!
Also I can't compare to other tracks as I don't know where your allowed to stand at other circuits so maybe not just Knockhill. Maybe someone else can say comment?

Anyway I took some screenshots and found some photos for a comparison:

Real life Scotsman corner

In game Scotsman corner

The hairpin

A bit better here

No wonder the car park is empty!

Its a shame as it takes away the race day atmosphere

Look how many of us were there on such a wet day...

Bealdor
05-09-2018, 12:31
Have you checked this during a race session or just during practice/qualifying?

proterra1
05-09-2018, 12:36
Both I think, definitely a race session anyway when there should definitely be spectators. Might it be because I'm on PS4?

Bealdor
05-09-2018, 12:41
Platform could be a factor, yeah. But I honestly don't remember how crowded this track on PC is.
I also know that the crowd is weather dependant but I'm not sure if that affects the amount of spectators too or just their clothing.

proterra1
05-09-2018, 12:47
I also know that the crowd is weather dependant but I'm not sure if that affects the amount of spectators too or just their clothing.

Ok, I did think that at first but didn't seem to make much difference when I first tried changing a few things. I might play around with weather and seasons a bit more then. Might also do a career race and see if a race being part of a championship means more spectators. Maybe also the higher the career tier the more spectators...?

Keena
05-09-2018, 13:44
Yeah, ive noticed less spectators in formula rookie career that i recently restarted. Half the grandstand was empty the ungrateful swine..

sas5320
05-09-2018, 13:54
Platform could be a factor, yeah. But I honestly don't remember how crowded this track on PC is.

The clothing of the crowds is weather dependent, not their placement or density

proterra1
05-09-2018, 14:05
The clothing of the crowds is weather dependent, not their placement or density

I've never noticed that! Do they put their coats on if there is a weather transition mid-race?!

I'm not going to be winning any races tonight, I'll be continuously checking the crowd for umbrellas haha!

DozUK
05-09-2018, 14:49
They mustn't have heard of you to be ar$ed buying a ticket. They come out in their droves to watch me ;)