PDA

View Full Version : [Added] Spirit of Le Mans Templates

Tar Heel
06-09-2018, 02:38
Hey Jan,

Any update on the Spirit of Le Mans templates?

Shinzah
10-09-2018, 13:46
I'm starting to doubt these are ever coming...

KANETAKER
10-09-2018, 17:18
The truth is very disappointing and inexplicable this excessive delay of 3 months since the DLC of LeMans for SMS to make available the templates of the liveries of the cars of the said DLC, especially the LMP1-H 2016. This clearly demonstrates and check how little they really care about supporting other categories of cars that are NOT GT3. And in reality they should focus on giving more promotion and support to other categories of cars, because considering the THREAT of the new ACC (which will be focused on GT3) most likely many online players will go to that game of competition (for the GT3 ) and then we will see an online multiplayer DEAD in PCars2 because (in Steam) 90% of the online games are GT3, which should change and have a greater variety of games in other categories (LMP1, Indy, Nascar, Road , GT1, VTC, FA, etc.)

And it should be noted that at least in some Private Leagues there is usually support for competitions with LMP1 cars, although using in some cases their own liveries for available cars, but unfortunately this is not the case for the LMP1-H 2016 and that is limiting the competitions only having 2 cars of each brand available since the 3rd car appears completely blank due to the lack of personalized liveries.

Apparently SMS "realism has been taken very seriously" in the sense that as in the current season of the WEC, the category LMP1 is almost DEAD. (I'm being sarcastic)

satco1066
10-09-2018, 22:03
. This clearly demonstrates and check how little they really care about supporting other categories of cars that are NOT GT3.

thats not sarcastic, thats simply weird :p
Your conspiracy theories make no sense.

KANETAKER
11-09-2018, 15:41
Then someone could explain in a more convincing way why the huge delay in having available the templates of the cars of Spirit of LeMans? It has been 3 months since the launch of this DLC and just today the last DLC (Ferrari) has just come out, and seeing the situation it would not be surprising if the templates of the Ferrari DLC cars were available before those of Spirit of LeMans cars.

Sincerely, if you do not want or can not have the templates available then why did they make available a third blank car for personalized liveries? They could have done the same as with the Porsche 917 of 1970, which does not have such a car for personalized liveries, and the reasons would be more understandable (license problems or manufacturer's authorization).

thats not sarcastic, thats simply weird :p
Your conspiracy theories make no sense.

On the other hand, I see that unfortunately only in the PC / Steam version this situation occurs that most players prefer GT3 and very few use prototypes; the opposite of what happens on XboxOne and PS4 (as other users have commented to me) where it is easier to find online races with a greater variety of categories and multiclass races.

But for me it would not make sense to have to buy a console (PS4 or XboxOne) just to fully enjoy a video game that I already have on PC ...

AbeWoz
11-09-2018, 15:47
Porsche DLC templates were released many months after the DLC was released as well.

KANETAKER
11-09-2018, 15:49
Porsche DLC templates were released many months after the DLC was released as well.

Yes, two months later. But in this case 3 months have already elapsed, and still nothing.

satco1066
11-09-2018, 20:37
in that case you're totally right.
It's a shame to let the customes in that state. Fully agree.

But as i said, assuming they like GT3 too much, so they don't care for LMP liveries comes from conspiracy land.
Especially if you if you know, and you should, that Le Mans DLC was the best out of three.

I assume Jan and his team aren't in the PC2 team anymore (120% workload on the next project ) and currently there is nobody there who has access to the right recources and somebody who has to, does not care. Bad luck for us. yet. But lets be patient. a bit. Waaaaaaaah. ;)

BTW. The livery library of patch 7 has only 18 entries more than that of patch 6. I guess all Ferrari DLC skins were allready in the patch 6 file, only some minor changes and maybe some community liveries were added. Thats freed the graphics guys for other projects in the last three months.

Bealdor
11-09-2018, 20:40
We've notified the devs again. Please don't jump to conclusions, maybe Jan is just on vacation or on sick leave. He hasn't been online for a while.
In the meantime please have some patience. Good things come to those who wait. :)

Tar Heel
11-09-2018, 23:34
We've notified the devs again. Please don't jump to conclusions, maybe Jan is just on vacation or on sick leave. He hasn't been online for a while.
In the meantime please have some patience. Good things come to those who wait. :)

Appreciate it Bealdor

foolinjection
11-09-2018, 23:48
***Deleted Post - UV Tutorial no longer required***

Bealdor
12-09-2018, 07:42
Good things come to those who wait. :)

Told ya! (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52938-PAINT-TEMPLATE-DOWNLOADS-(Funpack-Porsche-Pack-DLC-added!)&p=1539469&viewfull=1#post1539469) :cool:

Jan Frischkorn
12-09-2018, 07:43
Really sorry for the delay guys!
Simple truth is: I just forgot to do it... Shame on me!
(Somebody could just have sent me a PM, I would have got an email notify then.)

They are up finally! :)

Tar Heel
12-09-2018, 12:05
Really sorry for the delay guys!
Simple truth is: I just forgot to do it... Shame on me!
(Somebody could just have sent me a PM, I would have got an email notify then.)

They are up finally! :)

Thanks Jan!

KANETAKER
12-09-2018, 14:26
Finally !! Thank you so much !!

julykieu541
12-11-2018, 09:18
Good things come to those who wait.