PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer and "Waiting": A glitch?

isamu
07-09-2018, 14:53
1)OK so I refresh the lobby list and see a list of lobbies. I decide to enter a GT3 session because the list says there's about 3 minutes remaining in the qualifying session. I enter the session, wait a few seconds and then assume the bottom of the screen is going to change from "Waiting" to "Join". But nope....still says "Waiting"......"Waiting"......"Waiting"....after about 3 or minutes of "Waiting", it changes to "Spectate". Are you kidding me? The game said that there was 3 minutes left until qualifying is over! Why did it have me waiting and wouldn't allow me to join?

So I back out, click on another session that, according to the page, says there's about 2 minutes remaining until qualifying is over. Guess what? Same. I'm stuck on "Waiting" indefinitely until the Race starts, and then I can "Spectate". What is going on here???? How much time needs to be remaining before you are allowed to join the other drivers in a qualifying session?

2)Not nearly as big a deal as #1, but when I'm spectating a race, why doesn't the game tell me which car the person I'm watching is driving? It only has a small icon but doesn't say the car they're driving. I know this might sound stupid but I don't follow motorsports to the degree that I can easily make out the exact make and model of a race car by just looking at it. I'd at least like to the game to tell me something li8ke "John Doe - Driving the Ferrari 488 Challenge GT3 Car" or something.

Mahjik
07-09-2018, 15:00
For players joining an active qualifying or practice session, there is now a 3-minute cut-off as the session approaches completion, after which it will no longer be possible to join the session.

Patch 1.3:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55001-Project-CARS-2-PC-Updates-Changelog

In short, you need at least 4 minutes left.

isamu
08-09-2018, 00:43
Patch 1.3:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55001-Project-CARS-2-PC-Updates-Changelog

In short, you need at least 4 minutes left.

Apologies for the foul language. Thanks for the clarification, it's noted. If I'm honest however, that really sucks IMO. No wonder I have such a difficult time getting into a session. Most of the time, the lobby is either running with less than 4 minutes left to qualy, or is already racing. I think the qualy duration times that people are selecting(ie 20 minutes/30 minutes) is already far too long to begin with. Iracing and even GT Sport have a much better online structure in this regard.