PDA

View Full Version : Nissan GT-R GT3 Cold Tyres

SebiTheJOker
08-09-2018, 14:20
Hey guys. Can someone please test this for me so i know if it's bugged or it's my setup problem?
Track: Red Bull Ring National
Ambient Temp:16C
Track Temp:20C
Car: Nissan GT-R GT3
Tires: Soft Slicks
Input:G29
Setup based on loose, with pressures modified so after 4-6 laps i get 26psi on all tyres, brake ducts front 45% rear 30%, camber front&rear -3,4, arb 80front 20rear, suspension and dampers set with jussi's calculator, bump stops 3mm, not bottoming out

Problem: Right Front Tyre and Right Rear Tyre are always cold, no matter what, and the car slides all over the place. On Hard Slicks, the same thing, left side is up to temp, the right side is always cold. No matter what camber or toe i set it is always the same. Can someone please verify this for me?

Urban Chaos 2.0
08-09-2018, 14:44
Try this setup. It works very well with the red bull ring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbDDsJV4-k

Below is a race in which I competed, using the above setup. Tyre temp info can be seen occasionally as I cycle through the LCD to monitor the car's status:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJwvT06FO74

Urban Chaos 2.0
08-09-2018, 15:01
You need to understand exactly what you are changing when adjusting the car's mechanical state, and why you are making that adjustment. Vehicle setup needs to be approached from a holistic perspective, because everything you change will affect the entire car by means of the parameters within which the other components must operate. This means, you should be willing to make changes to the way you drive as well, when your setup changes necessitate that. If your tyre is cold, look at the periods during which the temperature changes, and deduce from that, the reason(s) for the change.

SebiTheJOker
08-09-2018, 15:45
Thank you for you response, i will try your setup in a couple of minutes. I play iRacing and assetto corsa for 3 years now, and there i am very competitive. The thing is, the knowledge and driving skill from those games seems to not apply in pc2. In pc2 i have a ton of understeer in medium speed corners, but with sudden snap oversteer sometimes. I am not overdriving the car, i am somewhat laid back on gas with a gradual throttle, habit from F1 games. But i can't for the life of me tune the sliding/scrubbing out

Urban Chaos 2.0
08-09-2018, 16:27
The reason you struggle to apply the techniques you've learned from those games, is simple: they are not simulators. They can be decent driving games. But simulators, they are not. No, this has nothing to do with "videogame talk". It's just reality. The scope of Project Cars 2's simulation is unmatched by any other commercially available driving game. AC and iRacing are very far. To PC2, the closest thing is R3E. Of course R3E lacks the broad scope of dynamic simulation that PC2 delivers. However, it's quite good, considering this fact. I recommend getting to grips with the mechanical systems of most cars, and understanding the kinetics of their operation. You don't even need to bother with in-depth text books. Just watch a few short videos, and check out some short descriptions to see what the result of changing certain things is. I've not seen them, but I've been led to believe Yorkie makes great videos on such subjects: https://www.youtube.com/user/Yorkie065/videos

If you are having understeer, you need to understand why. Driving by "feel", which, inexplicably is something the vast majority of AC players do, for example, is the worst way to drive (especially, since AC's FFB effects are fake, and baked in). The same is true for your acclimation to the behaviour of tyres. iRacing and AC's tyre simulation is quite unsophisticated in comparison to PC2s. If you get used to the way they behave you will be teaching yourself things which will hurt your performance in real life. You need to understand. If you understand, you can predict things before they happen. If you rely on feel, without the understanding, you will have problems. Watch any motorsports series, and you'll notice one thing: The drivers/riders who struggle the most are the ones who complain about "feel". It's always the case: "I've lost the feeling", "the feeling isn't there", etc.

The sudden-snap oversteer you talk about, means the underlying issue is your vehicle setup. However you're trying to fix the understeer by turning the wheel more. That won't work, and will result in snappy oversteer when the corner starts to change direction.

Let me know how the setup works for you :)

hkraft300
09-09-2018, 00:37

Problem: Right Front Tyre and Right Rear Tyre are always cold, no matter what, and the car slides all over the place. On Hard Slicks, the same thing, left side is up to temp, the right side is always cold. No matter what camber or toe i set it is always the same. Can someone please verify this for me?

It's a consequence of the track layout. They're mostly right turns, loading the left front tire.
The rear tire temp might come closer with some diff tweaking.

As for the snap oversteer: tune a bit of understeer out. Give the front a bit more grip.

SebiTheJOker
10-09-2018, 14:35
The reason you struggle to apply the techniques you've learned from those games, is simple: they are not simulators. They can be decent driving games. But simulators, they are not. No, this has nothing to do with "videogame talk". It's just reality. The scope of Project Cars 2's simulation is unmatched by any other commercially available driving game. AC and iRacing are very far. To PC2, the closest thing is R3E. Of course R3E lacks the broad scope of dynamic simulation that PC2 delivers. However, it's quite good, considering this fact. I recommend getting to grips with the mechanical systems of most cars, and understanding the kinetics of their operation. You don't even need to bother with in-depth text books. Just watch a few short videos, and check out some short descriptions to see what the result of changing certain things is. I've not seen them, but I've been led to believe Yorkie makes great videos on such subjects: https://www.youtube.com/user/Yorkie065/videos

If you are having understeer, you need to understand why. Driving by "feel", which, inexplicably is something the vast majority of AC players do, for example, is the worst way to drive (especially, since AC's FFB effects are fake, and baked in). The same is true for your acclimation to the behaviour of tyres. iRacing and AC's tyre simulation is quite unsophisticated in comparison to PC2s. If you get used to the way they behave you will be teaching yourself things which will hurt your performance in real life. You need to understand. If you understand, you can predict things before they happen. If you rely on feel, without the understanding, you will have problems. Watch any motorsports series, and you'll notice one thing: The drivers/riders who struggle the most are the ones who complain about "feel". It's always the case: "I've lost the feeling", "the feeling isn't there", etc.

The sudden-snap oversteer you talk about, means the underlying issue is your vehicle setup. However you're trying to fix the understeer by turning the wheel more. That won't work, and will result in snappy oversteer when the corner starts to change direction.

Again, thank you for your response. I tried your settings and it's a little better, but still this car is sliding all over the place. I will make a video later, but i don't even push the car, it s like the front end has no grip in medium speed corners. I thpught i am a very bad driver, and i took the ferrari 488 gt3 for a spin, and i had a blast. No oversteer, no understeer, nice grip. I couldn't replicate at all what the nissan is doing. Maybe i should put the question different, how should i tune out the understeer so that the car can turn better at high speeds, but without introducing too much oversteer. ARB seems very strange on this car and the aero

Mahjik
10-09-2018, 16:49
I thpught i am a very bad driver, and i took the ferrari 488 gt3 for a spin, and i had a blast. No oversteer, no understeer, nice grip. I couldn't replicate at all what the nissan is doing.

As you shouldn't be able to... The Ferrari is designed around a mid-engine chassis. It will be extremely balanced due to that.. The Nissan is a front mounted engine car. It's handling characteristics will be different. With that, it is harder to drive than some of the mid-engine based GT3's.

SebiTheJOker
10-09-2018, 17:11
As you shouldn't be able to... The Ferrari is designed around a mid-engine chassis. It will be extremely balanced due to that.. The Nissan is a front mounted engine car. It's handling characteristics will be different. With that, it is harder to drive than some of the mid-engine based GT3's.

Maybe i am too paranoid because of the AI(110skill 65agression). How would you rate 1:46:110 Catalunya GP Dry 44°track with 40L fuel and ducts(50%-40%) and radiator 65% open? I can manage 1:46:110~310 every lap.

Mahjik
10-09-2018, 17:47
Maybe i am too paranoid because of the AI(110skill 65agression). How would you rate 1:46:110 Catalunya GP Dry 44°track with 40L fuel and ducts(50%-40%) and radiator 65% open? I can manage 1:46:110~310 every lap.

You can rate you lap times here: https://pcars.13ms.de

Granted, leaderboard times are over a single lap rather than a race. However, a top 15 time lap after lap is good. Running the AI over 100 will likely get some different results on different tracks (i.e. some tracks they will likely be extremely fast as compared to other tracks).

Urban Chaos 2.0
10-09-2018, 18:00
Every car is different sebi. You have to drive each car differently. The greater the difference, and/or the greater the change in environmental conditions, the more different your driving style will have to be. If you can't get the setup to work, then you have to change the way you drive. That's all there is to it. The Nismo GT3, Red Bull Ring video I uploaded was one during which I drove more slowly than the car was capable. I could have gone over 1 second faster, but the car would not be able to sustain that kind of pace for more than a lap or so, and subsequent laptmes would suffer significantly. Another GT3 car might not have had that issue. So I had to manage things in different areas and at different times, in compensation. Certain cars will ALWAYS be more difficult to drive than others, or under-steer more, or less, or accelerate more, or less, or turn more, or less. Despite the differences between the cars in the GT3 class. Each car is capable of winning, grabbing pole, etc. It depends on how you use the car's strengths.

KrypticTMG
10-09-2018, 21:51

Lol are you trolling or what. I love pc2 have hundreds of setup video's but saying PC2 is more of a simulator than iracing and assetto is just wrong. The reason why you can't apply driving techniques from other sims is because to be fast on Pcars2 you have to drive in a way they you couldnt in real life or in a more realistic sim, for instance the lines into tight hairpin corners. On Pcars2 when you brake it is faster to brake towards the corner taking a narrow line in because of the way the car rotates which isn't something normally you should do as a tighter line in means a slower exit. When driving on racerooom assetto or iracing you take a wider line in to get the exit speed out like you dou in real life.

There has been a number of real racing drivers to play Pcars2 Nicki Thim, Jake dennis who drive in blancpain both stating the physics dont feel right but they find the game fun but i know when Jake dennis was driving for Audi he was using Assetto Corsa as a simulator as he found it closest thing to how the Audi handled in real life.

Saying driving a car by feel is the worst way to drive triggered me because thats how you drive in the real world.

This is no shade on Pcars2 tho as it is a really fun game with great varibles that others games lack like the weather day to night transitions car choices etc, but it is NOT the most realistic in terms of driving techniques and physics.

Urban Chaos 2.0
10-09-2018, 22:34
Lol are you trolling or what. I love pc2 have hundreds of setup video's but saying PC2 is more of a simulator than iracing and assetto is just wrong. The reason why you can't apply driving techniques from other sims is because to be fast on Pcars2 you have to drive in a way they you couldnt in real life or in a more realistic sim, for instance the lines into tight hairpin corners. On Pcars2 when you brake it is faster to brake towards the corner taking a narrow line in because of the way the car rotates which isn't something normally you should do as a tighter line in means a slower exit. When driving on racerooom assetto or iracing you take a wider line in to get the exit speed out like you dou in real life.

There has been a number of real racing drivers to play Pcars2 Nicki Thim, Jake dennis who drive in blancpain both stating the physics dont feel right but they find the game fun but i know when Jake dennis was driving for Audi he was using Assetto Corsa as a simulator as he found it closest thing to how the Audi handled in real life.

Saying driving a car by feel is the worst way to drive triggered me because thats how you drive in the real world.

This is no shade on Pcars2 tho as it is a really fun game with great varibles that others games lack like the weather day to night transitions car choices etc, but it is NOT the most realistic in terms of driving techniques and physics.

If you want to turn this thread into a glorification of your fantasies (that iRacing and Assetto are sims), I think there is a better place than this thread ;). Also, if you think a steering wheel is going to give you the kind of feedback you'd have in real life, then it makes perfect sense why you'd believe iRacing and Assetto Corsa are sims, lol. Tell me about Raceroom. Not Arcade Corsa and iCrap.

Don't get yourself worked up over those silly driving games, lol. It's all in good taste. But seriously: I know you really would like to believe they're sims. But they just aren't. iRacing especially :rolleyes:.

KrypticTMG
11-09-2018, 01:56
If you want to turn this thread into a glorification of your fantasies (that iRacing and Assetto are sims), I think there is a better place than this thread ;). Also, if you think a steering wheel is going to give you the kind of feedback you'd have in real life, then it makes perfect sense why you'd believe iRacing and Assetto Corsa are sims, lol. Tell me about Raceroom. Not Arcade Corsa and iCrap.

Don't get yourself worked up over those silly driving games, lol. It's all in good taste. But seriously: I know you really would like to believe they're sims. But they just aren't. iRacing especially :rolleyes:.

You just sound like someone who probably isn't very good at assetto or iracing and is most comfortable on project cars so you act like its a real sim because it suits your style which i can understand but Its not just my opinion their is plenty of real racing drivers who play these games too that will tell you to your face pc2 doesn't feel as real as the other games ive already mentioned dont believe me go on twitter and ask them its not to say pcars2 is bad because i love but lets get real it aint no sim lol.

i watched your video even tho you was not driving badly you were nowhere near the limit which is where you really find out how these cars handle and the the particular lines you have to use at redbull ring to really find time on pcars2.

No game can simulate the SOP movement through a wheel but the way raceroom has attempted it stands out more than any other game i think.

cpcdem
11-09-2018, 03:27
for instance the lines into tight hairpin corners. On Pcars2 when you brake it is faster to brake towards the corner taking a narrow line in because of the way the car rotates which isn't something normally you should do as a tighter line in means a slower exit.

To my experience, this is mostly true for the lower powered cars, but I think it makes sense with them, the time saved by taking a narrow line with less distance is more than any time lost due to (small) acceleration difference. But with higher powered cars, to me it seems faster using wider line/late apex if there's a good straight ahead.

On which cars and which specific turns are you referring to? It should be interesting checking the lines of the ghosts of the top times in time trial in those particular corners to see if what you suggest is indeed true.

Pekka Salminen
11-09-2018, 08:19

Different sims have their strong and weak points. While I like PC2, to me iRacing seems slightly more believable, even when might do PC2 some things better. But telling this crap you are doing is just blind fanboyism neglecting the opinions of real race drivers and well demonstrated arguments. And it is funny that you accuse others about derailing the thread, while it is you who started this BS talking.

As for the topic, I would't worry too much about too cold tyres when using GT3 softs. IMO softs feel good even out of the pits around 30C all the way to 90-100C, where they lose grip. However, the pressures should be set to respond colder running temps and brake ducts set in a way the tires maintain good pressures of around 1,7-1,8 Bar (while brakes remaining at good operating temps as well, obviously).

hkraft300
11-09-2018, 08:32
As for the topic, I would't worry too much about too cold tyres when using GT3 softs. IMO softs feel good even out of the pits around 30C all the way to 90-100C, where they lose grip. However, the pressures should be set to respond colder running temps and brake ducts set in a way the tires maintain good pressures of around 1,7-1,8 Bar (while brakes remaining at good operating temps as well, obviously).

This is it for GT and LMP tires.

SebiTheJOker
11-09-2018, 08:45
Thnak you guys for all the recommendations. I learned that in this game every car is different and i could have a blast with one and with other i can have a hard time. I will stop compare myself with the ai because they have other set of physics, but i don't play pc2 multi because i do not have the time. I will try to get my tuning sorted and also my driving style.
As for the other subject PC2 vs Asseto vs iRacing everyone have their tastes in games and no game mentioned simulate the real world 1:1 and never will. But for sure the other games are solid too, but there is no need to fight for which is the better game. Thank you for all the responses and if there is any more advices that i should know, feel free to post.

KrypticTMG
11-09-2018, 09:38
To my experience, this is mostly true for the lower powered cars, but I think it makes sense with them, the time saved by taking a narrow line with less distance is more than any time lost due to (small) acceleration difference. But with higher powered cars, to me it seems faster using wider line/late apex if there's a good straight ahead.

On which cars and which specific turns are you referring to? It should be interesting checking the lines of the ghosts of the top times in time trial in those particular corners to see if what you suggest is indeed true.

I think this is a intresting topic that i should make a video on which could help others see how time is gained in certain corners. The corners in particular im talking about are the real tight hairpins like at hockenheim, dubai, catalunya the left hander leading into the last sector, redbull ring turn two all corners that a shallow line in improves your lap time where on other sims you would take a much wider entry.

cpcdem
11-09-2018, 10:27
I think this is a intresting topic that i should make a video on which could help others see how time is gained in certain corners. The corners in particular im talking about are the real tight hairpins like at hockenheim, dubai, catalunya the left hander leading into the last sector, redbull ring turn two all corners that a shallow line in improves your lap time where on other sims you would take a much wider entry.

I don't know, I have always felt that in those corners I've needed to get a wide entry, because with a tight line I always hit the exit kerb too early, as expected. Maybe it's just my impression, or maybe you can get the car to rotate (while maintaining speed) more than I do, thus making a tight line work better. Yes, please make some videos, I agree it is an interesting concept. But of course firstly we will need to compare your video with videos of real life drivers taking the same corners with the same cars and secondly with other sims.

KrypticTMG
11-09-2018, 13:24
I don't know, I have always felt that in those corners I've needed to get a wide entry, because with a tight line I always hit the exit kerb too early, as expected. Maybe it's just my impression, or maybe you can get the car to rotate (while maintaining speed) more than I do, thus making a tight line work better. Yes, please make some videos, I agree it is an interesting concept. But of course firstly we will need to compare your video with videos of real life drivers taking the same corners with the same cars and secondly with other sims.

ive got Raceroom Assetto and pcars2 so i'll try find a track and car combo that can be run on all 3 games.

Urban Chaos 2.0
12-09-2018, 21:50
You just sound like someone who probably isn't very good at assetto or iracing and is most comfortable on project cars so you act like its a real sim

That is a nonsensical statement. I hope you take the time to sit back and realise that (not an insult, so don't feel insulted). Also: As a matter of objective fact (not opinion) iRacing PAYS drivers (who then turn around and confess on livestream, that iRacing's physics is "sh**", by the way...) to make fake testimonials, so don't bother trying to make that argument. A "bouncy-cars" driving on ice, racing game, is not a simulator. As for AC, it can't even get tyre flex implemented, the FFB effects are fake, and the electronic assists are pre-baked rubbish not based on ANY realistic data whatsoever. Clearly, Kunos are a bunch of amateurs.

Thnak you guys for all the recommendations. I learned that in this game every car is different and i could have a blast with one and with other i can have a hard time.

That says it all. In AC and iRacing, this above-quoted fact does not apply. AC and iRacing aren't simulators. Period. Sebi had to try a different game in order to find out that just like real life: different cars drive differently???!! Oh boy... Oh boy... Ya'll can't be f****ing serious, lol.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gtnFWZ6Ggw
The majority of "sim racers" have no idea what their talking about, and some of them are really dumb. Therefore, they do really dumb things (see 2:00 of this video).

That's it from me boys;). Don't take this tuff too seriously, lol. I sure as hell don't. I'd waste my time more than I already have trying to convince people of demonstrably obvious things.

Zeratall
12-09-2018, 22:35
That is a nonsensical statement. I hope you take the time to sit back and realise that (not an insult, so don't feel insulted). Also: As a matter of objective fact (not opinion) iRacing PAYS drivers (who then turn around and confess on livestream, that iRacing's physics is "sh**", by the way...) to make fake testimonials, so don't bother trying to make that argument. A "bouncy-cars" driving on ice, racing game, is not a simulator. As for AC, it can't even get tyre flex implemented, the FFB effects are fake, and the electronic assists are pre-baked rubbish not based on ANY realistic data whatsoever. Clearly, Kunos are a bunch of amateurs.

That says it all. In AC and iRacing, this above-quoted fact does not apply. AC and iRacing aren't simulators. Period. Sebi had to try a different game in order to find out that just like real life: different cars drive differently???!! Oh boy... Oh boy... Ya'll can't be f****ing serious, lol.

Also:

The majority of "sim racers" have no idea what their talking about, and some of them are really dumb. Therefore, they do really dumb things (see 2:00 of this video).

That's it from me boys;). Don't take this tuff too seriously, lol. I sure as hell don't. I'd waste my time more than I already have trying to convince people of demonstrably obvious things.

LOL I love your bluntness, I've seen this over and over in the simulation community, I use to grt so annoyed by the amount of disinformation or arguments without logic, but now I just read them laugh and move on, I've learned rarely will you change the minds of people so attached to false information.

hkraft300
13-09-2018, 00:15
LOL I love your bluntness, I've seen this over and over in the simulation community, I use to grt so annoyed by the amount of disinformation or arguments without logic, but now I just read them laugh and move on, I've learned rarely will you change the minds of people so attached to false information.

Whether it be true or false, the vast majority of sim and pro drivers don't/can't understand the information. They lack the training/education.
I'm not sure how Kunos does it, but going by the rumours of their method of simulation and their apparent close links to Ferrari, you'd think they'd do a better job. In comparison: have a read of the physics of Ferrari dlc by Casey and Jussi.
Not to say iracing etc are bad simulations. Maybe they're more/better focused on certain aspects but I don't think anything out there has the broad scope of pc2.
That being said: the vast majority of us will not notice a significant difference. They're all such good simulator in 2018. Some of us might pick a few small details, some might prefer the "feel" of one over the other.
But choosing between them is like choosing between a Ferrari/Porsche/McLaren. The standard is so bloody high now it's amazing.

blinkngone
13-09-2018, 00:33
Yeah, with PCars2 and a little tuning I can easily jump over 300 feet with the FormulaX. With the Lotus 98 I can clear the telephone poles but I have problems with the landing so not as far, try that with your so called sims AC and iracing.

cpcdem
13-09-2018, 01:49
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64778-What-Haha

hkraft300
13-09-2018, 02:08
Yeah, with PCars2 and a little tuning I can easily jump over 300 feet with the FormulaX. With the Lotus 98 I can clear the telephone poles but I have problems with the landing so not as far, try that with your so called sims AC and iracing.

A car coming off a horizontal platform travelling forward has a forward component of velocity and a downward component of velocity. The downward component of velocity begins at zero and increases at the rate of acceleration due to gravity. The forward component of velocity is the speed comes off the platform (road) and decreases at the rate of aerodynamic drag force.
The downward component becomes: s = v*t + .5 * a * t^2
Where s is the height drop, a is acceleration ~9.8 m/s^2 and t is time, v = initial speed. Dropping from a height v =0.
So you work out t for the downward component, substitute it into the same equation for the horizontal component with negative acceleration and your horizontal speed, you get distance jumped.
High school math.
So, given the speeds the formula x and Lotus 98 can travel, a 300 feet jump is pretty easy. Motorbikes do big jumps all the time. Rally cars do big jumps too, and they're travelling much slower than what's capable in something like the FX or 98T.
That said, IRL a formula car getting air like that might well destroy itself on the landing.

Zeratall
13-09-2018, 02:51
A car coming off a horizontal platform travelling forward has a forward component of velocity and a downward component of velocity. The downward component of velocity begins at zero and increases at the rate of acceleration due to gravity. The forward component of velocity is the speed comes off the platform (road) and decreases at the rate of aerodynamic drag force.
The downward component becomes: s = v*t + .5 * a * t^2
Where s is the height drop, a is acceleration ~9.8 m/s^2 and t is time, v = initial speed. Dropping from a height v =0.
So you work out t for the downward component, substitute it into the same equation for the horizontal component with negative acceleration and your horizontal speed, you get distance jumped.
High school math.
So, given the speeds the formula x and Lotus 98 can travel, a 300 feet jump is pretty easy. Motorbikes do big jumps all the time. Rally cars do big jumps too, and they're travelling much slower than what's capable in something like the FX or 98T.
That said, IRL a formula car getting air like that might well destroy itself on the landing.

Damnnnnnn, killed with science *clap*

Bealdor
13-09-2018, 07:24
...Clearly, Kunos are a bunch of amateurs...

Let's not go down that road please.
While I agree with some of your observations regarding AC there's no reason to belittle the competition. They're clearly not amateurs and deserve respect for their work like any other developer does.
We're better than that.

Thanks

Pekka Salminen
13-09-2018, 07:58

Also:

Funny how iRacing is supposed to pay pro-drivers... While Nicki Thiim openly have criticized it's tyre model and considered AC better in that respect compared to iRacing (or PC2)... :rolleyes: And AC most definitely does model tire flex, just not visually. If something, iRacing and PC2 overdoes tyre flex, resulting in a feeling of driving with wet tires on dry tarmac. You are claiming to tell facts, while in reality, you are straigth up lying and telling these conspiracy theories :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that one is clearly better than another, or any other title is simcade or anything that crap. Again, different titles have their strong and weak points. IRacing have best chassis dynamics, AC might have best tyre model, PC2 is a good compromise between a lot of content and good if not great quality, good FFB etc.. (Haven't tried AC too much, but PC2 and iRacing are my go-to simulators; can compare those to some extent).

blinkngone
13-09-2018, 10:55
Let's not go down that road please.
While I agree with some of your observations regarding AC there's no reason to belittle the competition. They're clearly not amateurs and deserve respect for their work like any other developer does.
We're better than that.

Thanks

Apologies Bealdor. I was just being facetious. AC is ok, I have many hours in it. I never tried iRacing, but here in the States it has actually produced real racing drivers, Alex Bowman is but one example. I went back to the Assetto Corsa forum and one of their biggest all time threads is PCars bashing, both 1 and 2. For the most part these forums in PCars 2 are pretty fair. There are extremists sometimes but the majority are fair and some enjoy many games.

Bealdor
13-09-2018, 10:58
Apologies Bealdor. I was just being facetious. AC is ok, I have many hours in it. I never tried iRacing, but here in the States it has actually produced real racing drivers, Alex Bowman is but one example. I went back to the Assetto Corsa forum and one of their biggest all time threads is PCars bashing, both 1 and 2. For the most part these forums in PCars 2 are pretty fair. There are extremists sometimes but the majority are fair and some enjoy many games.

Ehm... I specifically meant Urban Chaos' post calling Kunos amateurs. :p
No need to apologise.

But I get where you're coming from.

rich1e I
13-09-2018, 11:28

ke this tuff too seriously, lol. I sure as hell don't. I'd waste my time more than I already have trying to convince people of demonstrably obvious things.

It seems to me you're trying to retaliate for the continuous hate PC2 is exposed to. Claiming that iRacing and AC are no simulation games is just as wrong as saying PC2 is arcade. If you disagree with people who spread unfounded nonsense and empty claims, why spread empty claims and unfounded nonsense then? :confused:

hkraft300
13-09-2018, 14:15
Well. To be fair. Sms also has pros evaluate and help develop project cars. Which, I think is a good thing. But realise that having a bunch of pro race drivers influencing the direction will most certainly end up in a compromise. Picture a bunch of us testing and developing the ffb in the game. The lot of us would definitely be wanting different things from it and not everyone will be 100% happy. Then there’s the engineers pushing certain code that’s conflicting with the ffb and th coders fighting with Ian bell because he’s getting the squeeze from Bandai to meet deadlines... and throw wmd in the mix and bills needing to be paid... I digress.
Should the pros be doing it for free? No. Should someone like Thiim be put on a pedestal for his trash talk? Definitely no. I doubt he approaches his day job with the same professionalism he’s displayed on his YT channel, or else he’d get the arse. Which makes him disingenuous, doesn’t it?

Mahjik
13-09-2018, 14:22
Folks, back on topic... Further OT posts will be removed..

Urban Chaos 2.0
24-09-2018, 19:55
Some more reference footage:

Bathurst Setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMZKLl98Y98

Bathurst Race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIZxT4q63mI&feature=youtu.be

During this race, watch how the approach to Murray's Corner (the straight section seen at 2:08) gets dirtier and dirtier as the race progresses, and drivers keep bringing dirt onto it from turns 21 and 22. During the cooldown lap, you can see the kind of lines the other drivers take, and the reason dirt is being brought onto that section of the track. Livetrack 3.0 is simply amazing. And remember, this is not merely an aesthetic change. The physics engine handles the causes and the effects of such things realistically. Such detail is not to be found in any other driving sim. This is what sets Project Cars 2 apart from it's competition, and this is why you will often find it difficult to adapt, if you've learned unrealistic driving techniques from far less sophisticated driving games. It may take some time to unlearn some things, but eventually, you'll understand more and more why cars do certain things, and you'll be able to deal with these things.

Urban Chaos 2.0
24-09-2018, 20:00
Best Nissan GTR Nismo GT3 Base Setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otMfehNTDjU

This is in my opinion, the best base setup for the Nismo GT3 (to which small changes can be made to better suit each track).

I'm not that familiar with the Nordschleife, and the setup can be better optimised for this track, but the Nordschleife features a variety of road sections, which test this base setup quite well. I recommend starting every 1st session of a new track with this setup, and then making small changes from there, if any happen to be needed.

Tip: Don't make changes to the front sway bar. It's perfect where it is, at 50N/mm. Small changes to front camber, caster, and toe, as well as front and rear damper settings, are essentially the only things you might ever need to change for certain tracks. As it is, this setup will perform very well at all circuits