PDA

View Full Version : Motorsport 2019

Stewy32
08-09-2018, 16:20
(I created one of these a couple of years ago,and it worked quite well)

With the silly season in full swing,it is time to start talking about 2019!This thread is to discuss any Motorsport event,no matter how big or small.

Christiaan van Beilen
08-09-2018, 20:34
2019 Prediction - Formula 1: Verstappen and Gasly will be surprising everyone with the RB20 and Honda engine. The pace will still be a little short of Ferrari and Mercedes in terms of top speed but negligible enough to make up for it with a better chassis design.

2019 Prediction - Moto GP: Valentino Rossi has decided he will stop as a Moto GP driver but will switch to a different motorsport. WRC or RX maybe? Or maybe even Le Mans?!

Shinzah
08-09-2018, 22:39
Prediction: Alonso to Andretti Autosport for a full season Indycar ride.

Christiaan van Beilen
09-09-2018, 01:44
Let me add another one...

Prediction - Formula 1: DaniŽl Kvyat won't return to Formula 1 despite the rumors, but Stoffel Vandoorne will be taken in as a driver for Torro Rosso instead. This because Kvyat has shown that he can't handle F1 but Vandoorne has shown that he can.

Stewy32
09-09-2018, 09:30
2019 Prediction - Formula 1: Verstappen and Gasly will be surprising everyone with the RB20 and Honda engine. The pace will still be a little short of Ferrari and Mercedes in terms of top speed but negligible enough to make up for it with a better chassis design.

2019 Prediction - Moto GP: Valentino Rossi has decided he will stop as a Moto GP driver but will switch to a different motorsport. WRC or RX maybe? Or maybe even Le Mans?!

I think that Le Mans isn't to unlikely,he has done Blancpain before.

Stewy32
09-09-2018, 09:31
I think that NASCAR will feature its smallest grid in a very long time.

Tank621
09-09-2018, 10:04
I think that NASCAR will feature its smallest grid in a very long time.

Honestly I think (rather paradoxically) that NASCAR's decline might be what saves it, they are going to start losing the TV money and then all the 1.5 mile tracks won't be able to support themselves anymore and then NASCAR will have to go back to a lot of the old short tracks that were once the mainstay of NASCAR and then the many of the lost fans might be tempted back, either that or we might have a 'split' situation and the smaller teams will start a new series

Whatever happens I don't think NASCAR is going to be able to save itself from a massive shift in in how it is run for much longer

Jescott71
09-09-2018, 16:31
Formula 1:

(EDIT: Wrong, I forgot Nico won in 2016) - Lewis Hamilton becomes the first driver to win 6 World Championships in a row, and equals Schumacher's 7 in total.
- Lewis Hamilton wins his sixth drivers title, and sets himself up to equal Schumacher's record of 7 for the next season.
- Relations between Vettel and Ferrari become ever more strained, causing people to wonder if he'll be with the Scuderia next season.
- Verstappen cements himself as a good driver, not a great driver, after an average year at Red Bull Honda.
- Ricciardo exceeds people's expectations and becomes a regular podium contender for Renault.
- McLaren's form finally starts to pick up, though they're still comfortably in the midfield.
- Kimi Raikkonen's form picks up towards the end of the 2019 season, earning him one more year at Ferrari.

WEC: (Impossible to say as there's so much unpredictability around the series right now, but I think it's fair to assume Toyota will win Le Mans again)

Shinzah
09-09-2018, 16:37
- Kimi Raikkonen's form picks up towards the end of the 2019 season, earning him one more year at Ferrari.

Picks up..? I'm pretty sure he's on top form as it is...

Stewy32
09-09-2018, 17:04
2019 F1 Standings:
1) Lewis HAMILTON
2) Sebastian VETTEL
3) Charles LECLERC
4) Daniel RICCIARDO
5) Valterri BOTTAS
6) Nico HULKENBERG
7) Max VERSTAPPEN
8) Pierre GASLY
9) Carlos SAINZ
10) Kevin MAGNUSSEN
11) Lando NORRIS
12) Sergio PEREZ
13) Romain GROSJEAN
14) Lance STROLL
15) Antonio GIOVANAZZI
16) Daniil KVYAT
17) Marcus ERICSSON
18) Brendan HARTLEY
19) Sergey SIROTKIN
20) Artem MARKELOV

Performance:
Mercedes
+0.1s Ferrari
+0.5s Renault
+0.8s Red Bull
+1.2s Haas
+1.3s McLaren
+1.5s RPFI
+1.6s Sauber
+1.8s Toro Rosso
+2.4s Williams

Shinzah
09-09-2018, 18:06
Honestly I think (rather paradoxically) that NASCAR's decline might be what saves it, they are going to start losing the TV money and then all the 1.5 mile tracks won't be able to support themselves anymore and then NASCAR will have to go back to a lot of the old short tracks that were once the mainstay of NASCAR and then the many of the lost fans might be tempted back, either that or we might have a 'split' situation and the smaller teams will start a new series

Whatever happens I don't think NASCAR is going to be able to save itself from a massive shift in in how it is run for much longer

I think what the sport needs is to return to its roots. It's too gimmicky. It's too ridiculous. There's 'stages' and 'regular season' bs. Where 90% of the field is essentially eliminated after the first two thirds of the season, which makes them only show up to stay in the top 35 owner points and that's quickly not becoming enough incentive. Sponsors are abandoning teams and championship competing teams are abandoning the sport because of it.

There was a time when cars did a full race without fake caution periods, over time, stages and what have you.

Also the one gimmick cup needs (a points paying dirt race) is the one thing they won't do.

FS7
09-09-2018, 18:17
- Lewis Hamilton becomes the first driver to win 6 World Championships in a row, and equals Schumacher's 7 in total.
In a row? What do you mean?

Christiaan van Beilen
09-09-2018, 20:39
In a row? What do you mean?

I think he already forgot about Nico Rosberg who stole a trophy in the middle of that row. ;)

Jescott71
10-09-2018, 17:16
I think he already forgot about Nico Rosberg who stole a trophy in the middle of that row. ;)

I knew there was something wrong with my math when I typed that. Hamilton has been so dominant in Mercedes that I did indeed completely forget that Nico did the unthinkable and beat Lewis Hamilton in equal machinery, something I don't think will ever be done again.

I do still stand by the second part of that statement though, that Lewis will equal Schumacher's 7 titles. Just maybe not next year.

bmanic
10-09-2018, 17:36
If anybody ever will equal Schumi.. it's definitely Hamilton.

Swass
10-09-2018, 17:50
Prediction: Romano Fenati will never race Moto GP again.

https://autoweek.com/article/motorcycles/video-moto-gp-rider-dangerously-grabs-front-brake-competitor-during-race

Stewy32
10-09-2018, 19:07

https://autoweek.com/article/motorcycles/video-moto-gp-rider-dangerously-grabs-front-brake-competitor-during-race

Hopefully.
I would post my opinion,but in fear of being banned for uncivilised language,I won't.

BigDad
11-09-2018, 06:12

https://youtu.be/Eq-1-75cOSA
We've all had moments where we do something we regret doing but really ! This guy need help .

Invincible
11-09-2018, 06:25
https://youtu.be/Eq-1-75cOSA
We've all had moments where we do something we regret doing but really ! This guy need help .

Yeah. And apparently, he was alreday thrown out of another team by Valentino Rossi himself two years ago...