PDA

View Full Version : Any UDP or shared memory changes in patch 7?

mr_belowski
10-09-2018, 10:02
Hi folks,

I noticed the patch 7 release notes included "Improved usability of in-game tools" and "Various other minor fixes". Does anyone know if this extends to the game's APIs? Have there been any changes or fixes to the UDP or shared memory data?

Ta

Jim

Zeratall
10-09-2018, 16:14
Hi folks,

I noticed the patch 7 release notes included "Improved usability of in-game tools" and "Various other minor fixes". Does anyone know if this extends to the game's APIs? Have there been any changes or fixes to the UDP or shared memory data?

Ta

Jim

Hopefully they fixed the latency issue atm with the udp as well as the structure.

P. S. Saw the patch 7 discussion hwhere you asked 3 times about the update with no reply but everyone was debating about forum posts...... Lol I feel for you bro.

Mahjik
10-09-2018, 16:44
I doubt there would be any information posted in those patch threads if there are changes in the interfaces. I would suspect they would be posted directly to the API site if there are any:

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/project-cars-2-api/#1526544446559-9c6255e8-9de6

satco1066
10-09-2018, 21:44
its not only about changes in the API, its about fixes.
I don't think that are postet on the api page.

mr_belowski
11-09-2018, 21:01
Last time there were breaking API changes the API pages weren't updated for several weeks, despite me pointing the change out to the devs (and on here to other 3rd party app developers). So I wouldn't expect the API documentation to reflect the actual API.

One change I noticed from today's patch is that the RainDensity value is now working correctly - it scales sensibly between 0 and 1. Before the patch it was either 0 or 1