PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari DLC - Congrats SMS :)

SlowBloke
11-09-2018, 16:26
I have tried all the cars and there is not a single car that is a disappointment - they all drive beautifully and look fantastic. Im sure the usual brigade will poo poo on the sound because what else would they have to do .. but for me at least they all sound great.

F355 is pulling at my heart strings the most but that is purely because I have rose tinted glasses for the Dreamcast F355 Challenge.

Some real character in each and every car.

Mugello is superb - artists - well done !!

Fiorano circuit is an interesting addition - not one I would go to regularly with 700hp cars - but its still fun to get to drive it nonetheless what with the history and all that.

This and Le Mans really are amazing DLC additions - so congratulations.

I really hope you will continue with some more goodies for Project Cars 2 (Interlagos and Sebring would be amazing) but understand you may be directing efforts elsewhere now.

Ryori San
11-09-2018, 17:05
Hearig only good things so far! I can't get on the pc yet but all of this is making me insanely excited for some Ferrari action!!!

Purg
11-09-2018, 23:45
Only had a chance to do a few laps - the F355, I wish I could create a long series with it. Beautiful to drive, takes me back to a late 90's arcade machine that I used to waste tons of cash on.

FxUK
11-09-2018, 23:51
Only had a chance to do a few laps - the F355, I wish I could create a long series with it. Beautiful to drive, takes me back to a late 90's arcade machine that I used to waste tons of cash on.

Loving the F355, absolutely loving it. :love_heart: FFB is great too.
My new fav car in PC2 :)

DozUK
12-09-2018, 02:17
Great DLC, every Pack has been unbelievable. Cannot decide which has been best

Scuderia Paul
12-09-2018, 16:12
Ferrari Essentials is a fantastic pack. Credit where it's due to SMS for this one. All the cars are hugely enjoyable with the 355 Challenge being the best of the lot.

I was quick enough to express my disappointment over how poor I think the LMP1-H cars are in Le Mans Icons, so it's only fair I congratulate you on this superb offering.

In order of my preference and how I view them:
Ferrari Essentials - Fabulous
Porsche Legends - Fabulous
Le Mans Icons - Disappointingly inconsistent
Fun Pack - No fun.

RacingAtHome
12-09-2018, 18:48
Ferrari Essentials is a fantastic pack. Credit where it's due to SMS for this one. All the cars are hugely enjoyable with the 355 Challenge being the best of the lot.

I was quick enough to express my disappointment over how poor I think the LMP1-H cars are in Le Mans Icons, so it's only fair I congratulate you on this superb offering.

In order of my preference and how I view them:
Ferrari Essentials - Fabulous
Porsche Legends - Fabulous
Le Mans Icons - Disappointingly inconsistent
Fun Pack - No fun.

Out of curiosity, what would you have changed about the Fun Pack and Le Mans Icons?

Gassolini
12-09-2018, 19:11
What a great DLC indeed!

Oh, how I wish there would be a chance of adding in a career series for the F355 - it would be a game within the game AFAIC :sentimental:

E.g. some or all of these tracks: Donington, Barcelona, Hockenheim, Algarve, Brno, Mugello, Monza, Imola, Spa, Zolder

Edit: or better yet: letting the online championship editor work offline as well...

Scuderia Paul
12-09-2018, 19:35
Out of curiosity, what would you have changed about the Fun Pack and Le Mans Icons?
The Fun Pack just didn't appeal to me at all. It's pure personal preference as I know plenty of us did have a lot of fun with it.

Le Mans Icons on the other hand was my most wanted pack by a long way. I enjoy the Le Mans Classic circuit and most cars are terrific. The LMP1-H cars, which were my main draw, are a real let down with how the hybrid systems are implemented. PCars2 is a sim and those cars are not simulated at all with their strictly manual deployment. It feels like the TS050, 919 and R18 are there purely to tick a box. They also sound awful, with the TS050 being given the TS040 engine sound. They are so different it's shameful.

But anyway, Ferrari Essentials is a return to form and will give huge entertainment. I need to try the 250 TR and FXX K in the rain now though.

Sentry87
12-09-2018, 19:52
I agree about the sounds of the lmp1h cars being disappointing. However their reasoning for manual hybrid deployment makes total sense

Originally Posted by*Casey Ringley*

LM P1H 2016 Hybrid use and strategy:One big difference for these 2016 cars is that we've changed the hybrid system to activate on button press rather than throttle input. Rules for the real car don't allow it to be on a button like this, but the real systems are becoming so complex that we can't really copy their action from throttle input alone; it worked fine for the simpler cars of 2014, but not now that everyone is in the high energy categories and working out better energy deployment strategies. Manually controlling the hybrid to match closer what we see done in the real thing has a significant effect on lap times. Avoiding any wasted energy on unimportant parts of the track and saving it for big burns made me about 4s per lap faster in the Porsche and 2s in the Audi; plus it gives a fun push-to-pass feature if you manage to save a little energy while racing closely with anyone.