PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars 3 coming soon???

Enton
13-09-2018, 06:33
So, we got the last big update and DLC as well.

Simracing expo is starts tomorrow, and why is not the best chance to announce some information of the upcoming title for us???

REXPITVIPER1
13-09-2018, 07:38
GTR 3 by Simbin better be revealed tomorrow.

Invincible
13-09-2018, 07:43
So, we got the last big update and DLC as well.

Simracing expo is starts tomorrow, and why is not the best chance to announce some information of the upcoming title for us???

Erm... nope. Just nope. At best, they (SMS) would announce that they would start to work on it soon, but I would be very surprised if we'd see Pcars 3 launching before mid-late 2020.

PS:
Wohooo 3.000 posts! :D

TopAirspace
13-09-2018, 07:50

Sadly i think Kunos have made GTR 3... Dare i say that it is looking quite good though!

Olijke Poffer
13-09-2018, 08:00
PS:
Wohooo 3.000 posts! :D

Lol. You spend to much time online instead on track. :boxing:

Fiyah
13-09-2018, 08:02
Maybe a Season Pass 2 before Project Cars 3 ?

mogens
13-09-2018, 08:06

Maybe they will launch a new placeholder website with an impressive audio sample?:rolleyes:

Invincible
13-09-2018, 08:07
Lol. You spend to much time online instead on track of working. :boxing:

My Boss begs to differ. :p

Bealdor
13-09-2018, 08:08
Lol. You spend to much time online instead on track. :boxing:

That's sad because there's too much truth in it. I can confirm, lol.

seb02
13-09-2018, 08:10

i also hope for a season pass 2 but is there a lot of game that have done so?
GTR3 yes to see what this gives. What bothers me is that they talked about a career mode. But I much prefer an offline championship editor ... Moreover it would have greatly improved PC2 according to me ....I like what AC did about it.

Markus Ott
13-09-2018, 08:57
Let's say I wouldn't be surprised at all if SMS gave up on pCARS2. For a long time there were only a few posts or interaction from devs on the forums or on discord. So weather they are not intersted anymore or busy with something else/new.
Of course they won't tell the public unless enough DLCs were sold, but if they end support for pCARS2 that decision was made a long time ago, as well as if there will be another season pass the content for those next two or three DLCs would be almost ready for release by now.
I personally wouldn't mind if there are no more DLCs but at least ongoing patches and bug fixing, but why would they try to keep support up with a small team with all the problems the game still has? If they don't fully commit on pCARS2 they can as well ditch it completely.
My feeling is that this is a bit like a funeral at the moment and just like pCARS1 support ends after just one year after release.

FxUK
13-09-2018, 12:32

I would like to see this too, especially more tracks. Not that interested in road cars, personally, although I do enjoy a few of them, but more tracks would be a case of "shut up and take my money".
Also noticed the Staging branch is still being updated, 18 hours ago and numerous higher build numbers than the public release, so I'm thinking its not the end of patches, just yet at least.

banner77amc
13-09-2018, 12:45
I would love a season pass 2!!! Not sure how they would go about it. Just giving us more of the places in the world that have awesome tracks and fill in some of the holes in race classes would make me happy.

DozUK
13-09-2018, 13:03
Let's say I wouldn't be surprised at all if SMS gave up on pCARS2. For a long time there were only a few posts or interaction from devs on the forums or on discord. So weather they are not intersted anymore or busy with something else/new.
Of course they won't tell the public unless enough DLCs were sold, but if they end support for pCARS2 that decision was made a long time ago, as well as if there will be another season pass the content for those next two or three DLCs would be almost ready for release by now.
I personally wouldn't mind if there are no more DLCs but at least ongoing patches and bug fixing, but why would they try to keep support up with a small team with all the problems the game still has? If they don't fully commit on pCARS2 they can as well ditch it completely.
My feeling is that this is a bit like a funeral at the moment and just like pCARS1 support ends after just one year after release.

What would you say is fair enough time to support a game that is released with a one off charge?

Personally I think a year of support and 7 decent patches is probably fair enough with their time supplemented with DLC and season pass charges. A company like SMS needs to release new products to survive.

Ultimately a software house will survive based on the quality of their product, if their offering is poor throughout and after support ends then they won't exist for long.

With Project Cars 2, I'm happy with the years support and the state of the game at this point. Happy enough to purchase Project Cars 3, let's put it that way and happy enough to still put my time into this until the release of the next one.

I think SMS get a bit of a hard time for this, Codemasters have hardly supported Dirt4 in terms of patches, continual development and DLC. Even with their F1 games, they hardly patch at all and don't release DLC. It's even completely accepted that their F1 game will only last year before they charge again for a new one with minimal changes.

We will get 2-3 years of gameplay out of Project Cars 2 based on a potential pcars 3 release for our one off cost of purchase. SMS have support the game for at least one of those years and expanded the game significantly.

As mentioned above, If SMS do end support now in order to move onto another project to survive in this industry then I find it acceptable based on the payment model.

If the payment model was subscription based for continual improvement and expansion then that's a different thing, but in this case it isn't.

Again, a software company will survive based on the quality of it's output. If people aren't happy with the end state of the product, they won't buy the next one, it's in their hands.

Daz555
13-09-2018, 13:45
They can't abandon the game yet as still a lot of bugs to address.

I also would love a Season 2 pass. All the Indycar tracks would be my choice so my league can race a full realistic season.

FlakNine
13-09-2018, 13:54
...If SMS do end support now in order to move onto another project to survive in this industry then I find it acceptable based on the payment model.

If the payment model was subscription based for continual improvement and expansion then that's a different thing, but in this case it isn't.

100% agree with this.

bubbleguuum
13-09-2018, 14:41
A racing sim should not be abandoned, especially of this quality and ambition. At least if you want to build a healthy long term community.
But SMS has long dropped the ball on that. Look at rFactor2. Think what you want about it, but it will be updated for years with a clear forward plan and vision and with regular high quality DLCs to provide on-going funding (beside game sales). A racing sim is not like other games where you can pump out a sequel every year or so (F1 games excluded but that's due to the license).
PC2 would have the potential to be so much more popular, but that would require a multiyear vision and a full-time dedicated team to grow it...

Stewy32
13-09-2018, 15:26
Project CARS 3 will probably be late 2020.

Stewy32
13-09-2018, 15:27

But still with,probably,a late 2019 release at the earliest.

Invincible
13-09-2018, 15:46
A racing sim should not be abandoned, especially of this quality and ambition. At least if you want to build a healthy long term community.
But SMS has long dropped the ball on that. Look at rFactor2. Think what you want about it, but it will be updated for years with a clear forward plan and vision and with regular high quality DLCs to provide on-going funding (beside game sales). A racing sim is not like other games where you can pump out a sequel every year or so (F1 games excluded but that's due to the license).
PC2 would have the potential to be so much more popular, but that would require a multiyear vision and a full-time dedicated team to grow it...

While I get your sentiments, you have to consider that the Devs have to make a living too. From what is rumoured, PC2 sold worse than PC 1, so they probably didn't make a sh*tload of money to keep get patches and support coming for years to come.
Even selling additional DLC would not generate a solid enough cash flow to make it financially feasible unless you would also ridiculous prices. And even then it wouldn't add up because only a small amount of people would buy said DLCs.

MrMattNeo
13-09-2018, 16:04
While I get your sentiments, you have to consider that the Devs have to make a living too. From what is rumoured, PC2 sold worse than PC 1, so they probably didn't make a sh*tload of money to keep get patches and support coming for years to come.
Even selling additional DLC would not generate a solid enough cash flow to make it financially feasible unless you would also ridiculous prices. And even then it wouldn't add up because only a small amount of people would buy said DLCs.

If that's true then that puts SMS in a bit of a pickle. They're also making Project Cars Go, which probably means a PC3 won't be coming any time soon since they'd be focusing on that.

So there might not be any new track or car DLC/packs coming either due to SMS being busy with PCGo or the game or DLC not selling well, this would mean we might have a dry period. :(

FxUK
13-09-2018, 16:39

There is that, but I can't help thinking of things like licences. A new game generally means new licences, without knowing specifics, I would assume that the current catalogue of cars / tracks are licensed to PC2 and not for use 'as they please'. So a PC3 would need a new batch of licences at extortionate cost just to provide the same / equivalent content of the prior version. So now there's a huge outlay to account for, again. Extending the game obviously also means licences for new stuff, unless they have a brand licence and not vehicle specific as such, not sure how it all works. An expansion (and more fixes) wouldn't only appeal to existing players, but may also attract new ones. Especially if concerns are addressed.

Anyway, I just think It's a shame when a great game such as this gets replaced by a new version and prior great content is no longer included.
Not only that, but constant replacement versions can start to get annoying and can leave a negative lasting impression.

ETS2 is a mighty fine example if you ask me. Not a racer of course, but still a driving game. Released in 2013 with numerous expansions (map packs), going from using 'fake' vehicles to fully licensed ones etc etc. A huge player base and still a lot more to come.

If the game is good for it, then I see no reason why not. PC2 is already pushing some consoles to their limits, so again, it just makes more sense to expand, in my eyes.
There have been a few games recently where they have decided to extend their life with a second season and I think overall, its a good idea, besides, A sim racing title can have a much much longer life span than a lot of other games.

muerteh 650
13-09-2018, 17:23
If the next delivery is PC Go, I will buy it or download it with enthusiasm. PC2 has to finish with errors as happened with PC1 the last update was 2017. PC3 will take a little longer if it continues with the idea. I have hope and I I will be supporting.:o

ZetoalhaBr
13-09-2018, 20:34
If that's true then that puts SMS in a bit of a pickle. They're also making Project Cars Go, which probably means a PC3 won't be coming any time soon since they'd be focusing on that.

So there might not be any new track or car DLC/packs coming either due to SMS being busy with PCGo or the game or DLC not selling well, this would mean we might have a dry period. :(

Project Cars GO is being developed in Gamevil in partnership.

johnnyone
05-11-2018, 09:42
Any word on Project cars 3 ?

UkHardcore23
05-11-2018, 10:10
Nope, I think we will be looking at fall 2020

gotdirt410sprintcar
05-11-2018, 10:59
yeah when the new consoles come is probably when I would think.

SlowBloke
05-11-2018, 11:16
Sucks but I cant see them doing it on current consoles either and consoles are a key factor of why we even get it on PC in the first place...

davidt33
05-11-2018, 15:50
Whenever it comes out I'm gonna buy it come rain or shine.

Stewy32
05-11-2018, 17:32
Late 2020 is what most people are predicting

Chikane
05-11-2018, 22:13
Whenever it comes out I'm gonna buy it come rain or shine.

Same and i think you can guess which car i'm gonna test drive first come pcars 3 :D:p:o

dan2312
05-11-2018, 22:28
Whilst waiting for Pcars 3, I think some of you may take an interest in kart kraft on steam, Its early access but looks extremely good and promising.

Im gonna make a plunge into kart kraft, GTR 3 and Ride 3 I think. Forza horizon 4 can take a run and jump.

TorTorden
05-11-2018, 23:31
A fact that remains is.
For there really to be a chance for pcars3 to succeed they have to wait for more powerful console hardware.

Even the ps4 pro or xbx one x simply aren't powerful enough to handle pcars2 as is in it's full potential.
And the ps5 or xbx two will likely not be ready for launch until at least mid 2020.
Some predictions even say 2021.

But if SMS manage to launch as a first quarter title on those consoles they could gain a lot of traction.

Pun intended.

Cholton82
06-11-2018, 07:26
PCars 2.5 with better optimisation on current gen consoles would make me happy with additional extras .
I thought before that if they used PC2 as the foundation and then had things like PCars WEC edition or PCars Historic Edition maybe a PCars Open Wheeler edition would be cool.
I know these classes are present but as individual games they might have a bit more meat on the bone.

johnnyone
06-11-2018, 09:57
Why not keep updating Project Cars 2, instead of building a whole new game ?

BrunoB
06-11-2018, 10:23
But by updating is exactly the way producing a new version normally does work.
Hehe thats also the reason you can find most of the bugs from pCars1 repeated in pCars2 :-)

hkraft300
06-11-2018, 10:42

Why didn't Ferrari keep updating the 458s they had sold to their customers, instead of building a whole new 488?

morpwr
06-11-2018, 11:25
Id love to see an expansion pack specifically for the dirt cars. The physics for them is by far the best ive seen in a game/sim. That and a Trans am pack with more cars from that era. Honestly id pay 20-30 dollars for any expansion pack.:)

OlivierMDVY
06-11-2018, 13:34

Because an update is free of charge for the customers and not for SMS

FlakNine
06-11-2018, 13:52
Because an update is free of charge for the customers and not for SMS

Yes, free updates (and probably even paid-for DLC) isn't going to cover these 160 salaries (https://www.slightlymadstudios.com/team/) plus all the other overheads like development software licenses. I'm very much looking forward to buying PC3 but I agree with others here, I don't expect to see it until the next generation of consoles breaks cover.

balderz002
06-11-2018, 14:30
I agree, that if we get a 3rd title in the series, it wont be until the new consoles hit. It makes sense - I will take any new content released in a heartbeat, but don't expect that to be a given. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any more.

What I have noticed, is the much smaller content posted here by team blue for the 2nd game, over the first. Whether it be that they are a lot busier with projects, or they have been burned by keyboard warriors who think they know better than SMS. I found it a little sad to have a lot less interaction with them this time round.

Mahjik
06-11-2018, 14:35

It's harder to introduce changes that completely alter the product. During PC1, SMS made a change to the tires to make them more dynamic. While it was more realistic, it caused an uproar from people who bought the product for how it was already implemented. Subsequently, that change was reverted in PC1.

If you only do small improvements (i.e. things that don't diverge much from the original product), then yes you can stay on the current platform. If you have ideas or desires to implement changes that diverge greatly from the original product, then that's when it's time for a new product.

We'll see what SMS does... There hasn't been any information yet so it's all guessing right now. ;)

cpcdem
06-11-2018, 15:16
I suspect that by "updating" he mostly meant fixing the bugs :)

RobPhoboS
06-11-2018, 15:18
I think the game is amazing, and I'd only want to see the typical things, a few more cars, tracks, better sounds and some dedicated servers for the console gamers.
Which I know isn't simple but I'd happily pay for a DLC season round 2 with these kind of updates.

REXPITVIPER1
07-11-2018, 07:03
I think the game is amazing, and I'd only want to see the typical things, a few more cars, tracks, better sounds and some dedicated servers for the console gamers.
Which I know isn't simple but I'd happily pay for a DLC season round 2 with these kind of updates.

I don't feel like paying for a "season pass" 2, I spent my money on the first season pass, we don't need a second one.

Bealdor
07-11-2018, 07:06
I don't feel like paying for a "season pass" 2, I spent my money on the first season pass, I don't need a second one.

FTFY ;)

GUIBRU
07-11-2018, 07:36
If PCARS 3 arrives one day, a new graphic engine would be sensible. From next year, we shall be more on the will of SMS for a new Pcars.

balderz002
07-11-2018, 08:23
I don't feel like paying for a "season pass" 2,

- I would deffo pay for another

I spent my money on the first season pass,

- Me too

we don't need a second one.

- I wouldn't say no, in fact, I would say hell yeah please!

Chikane
07-11-2018, 09:30
I don't feel like paying for a "season pass" 2, I spent my money on the first season pass, we don't need a second one.

WE? Since when do you speak for me or anyone else?

I hope there is a second season pass cause my money is ready and plus it'll give the dodge viper a second chance of appearing in the game :D

Olijke Poffer
07-11-2018, 10:30
New version needs new hardware and I just do not have the money to buy new hardware for pcars 3. :cower:

Rodders
07-11-2018, 11:34

I hope there is a second season pass cause my money is ready and plus it'll give the dodge viper a second chance of appearing in the game :D

I'd gladly pay 20 just for some new tracks. I'd be over the moon if SMS just decided to update PCars2 for a while. It's a fantastic game and with more polish and extra tracks would only get better. Seems a missed opportunity not capitalising on what they already have.

morpwr
07-11-2018, 11:44

I don't get why that car is ignored now in most sims. Id pay just to get that car.

gregc
07-11-2018, 11:50
I'd gladly pay 20 just for some new tracks. I'd be over the moon if SMS just decided to update PCars2 for a while. It's a fantastic game and with more polish and extra tracks would only get better. Seems a missed opportunity not capitalising on what they already have.

Just my own gut feeling, but I'd guess there are nowhere near enough of us wanting a second season pass for SMS to be able to cover the costs of doing it :(

morpwr
07-11-2018, 11:54
Just my own gut feeling, but I'd guess there are nowhere near enough of us wanting a second season pass for SMS to be able to cover the costs of doing it :(

I don't know about that plus the last few dlcs have been really good so adding a few more or a season pass could help keep it relevant until Pcars3.

Ixoye56
07-11-2018, 12:38
I would be delighted with a Custom Championship expansion for PC2..

balderz002
07-11-2018, 13:16
I don't know about that plus the last few dlcs have been really good so adding a few more or a season pass could help keep it relevant until Pcars3.

Personally, I want to see the hype train continue (Although it seems a lot more muted than in PCars1). With other game makers pumping out sequels and sideshifts, it would be easy for PCars to get lost into the backround noise. So I would prefer to see more content to keep the title at the front of everyones minds, not the back. Especially if the next one is still at least a couple of years off......

Even if SMS did a crowd funding programme for a 'season pass 2' and didn't divulge the contents until they got the money they needed, I would buy into that.

morpwr
07-11-2018, 14:44
Personally, I want to see the hype train continue (Although it seems a lot more muted than in PCars1). With other game makers pumping out sequels and sideshifts, it would be easy for PCars to get lost into the backround noise. So I would prefer to see more content to keep the title at the front of everyones minds, not the back. Especially if the next one is still at least a couple of years off......

Even if SMS did a crowd funding programme for a 'season pass 2' and didn't divulge the contents until they got the money they needed, I would buy into that.

Sign me up:)

RobPhoboS
07-11-2018, 14:52
Can we do a poll on this forum ?
It would be awesome if they did a little road map vid/post and any thoughts on 'MOAR' for PC2.

Stewy32
07-11-2018, 17:38
Can we do a poll on this forum ?
It would be awesome if they did a little road map vid/post and any thoughts on 'MOAR' for PC2.

What does "MOAR" stand for, sorry but I don't know.

Also I think that only SMS can set up polls on the forum.

hkraft300
07-11-2018, 20:15
I couldn't resist paying for more dlc season pass. I don't fear of pcars franchise being forgotten before the next iteration. It'll stand on how good it is and remain relevant in the sim scene.

blinkngone
07-11-2018, 20:21
What does "MOAR" stand for, sorry but I don't know.

Also I think that only SMS can set up polls on the forum.

"Combination of "more" and "roar" meaning an insatiable demand for more. Probably originated by a 4Chan user identified as Anonymous. Was a poster meme."

REXPITVIPER1
07-11-2018, 22:45

I don't feel like paying for a season pass 2, I already spent my money on the first one, SMS shouldn't make a season pass 2 and just add on to season pass 1.

REXPITVIPER1
07-11-2018, 23:52
I couldn't resist paying for more dlc season pass. I don't fear of pcars franchise being forgotten before the next iteration. It'll stand on how good it is and remain relevant in the sim scene.

racing games and simulation racing games are slowly losing media coverage, players count on racing games are growing ever smaller, out of all the sim-cade and simulation racing games that released in the past year, the only ones actually getting steady views on YouTube is IRacing, ACC, Forza Motorsport 7/Forza Horizon 4, R3E and Gran Turismo SPORT. Project CARS 2 has already been pushed into the background. In my opinion the main reason PCARS 2 has dropped in player count and media/internet coverage is because other, better racing games has released.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Opinions backed up by facts
this game has many issues, and missed opportunities, and there is things in this game that doesn't even make sense.
let me list off a few;
1. Incorrect classification of vehicles; IMSA/TransAM cars with Endurance cars. (i.e. the Nissan IMSA GTP is not in a IMSA GTP 1988 class, instead it is in Group C.. even though GTP is a different homologation to Group C.. it is in Group C.. because it is in Group C it wins 99% of the races it races in.
2. terrible BOP
3. they removed cars from PCARS 1 but kept cars from PCARS 1 but not even update them. (i.e. Ford Escort (Racing) this car needs to be in it's own class, it is that slow. they could had made a better more competitive version of the Escort but they didn't.
4. Time Trail in PCARS 2 is not as smooth and user friendly as Gran Turismo's Time Trails, or Forza Motorsports Time Trail. (i.e. all of the Prototype cars are in one TT class bracket, so if I wanna see how fast I was in a VPTA I have to go through hundreds of pages just to find my time I set on a track.
5. Incorrect Class naming; what is Vintage Prototype A?? what is Vintage F1 A? what makes Vintage F1 B??
6. vehicle stat sheets are incorrect
7. no Custom Championship Presets for single/offline play
8. AI balance is awful
9. some car physics are bad
10 rumple strips are bad
11. Vehicle damage is broken on some cars and is wonky at best
12. graphical errors/glitches
13. too many fantasy paint-jobs on some cars (i.e. GTE, GT3, LMP1)
and this is only a few.

PCARS 2 simulate weather well, but racing is wonky, AI is wonky and the Penalty system is Wonky. Multiplayer is bad.

this game had to sacrifice so much time and resources for a more dynamic weather system, they had to drop cars/tracks/layouts and features, noticing this, I often wonder was it even worth it to upgrade the engine at all? it's not even a massive graphical update nor is it a massive upgrade from PCARS 1's engine.

because of this player counts waver, and player activity drops. now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the game and is quite a fan of it, but It is far from a great game. it is 'okay' at best.

hkraft300
08-11-2018, 00:07
I don't feel like paying for a season pass 2.

Then... Don't ?

hkraft300
08-11-2018, 00:42
... -|
Opinions backed up by facts
this game has many issues, and missed opportunities, and there is things in this game that doesn't even make sense.
let me list off a few;
1. Incorrect classification of vehicles; IMSA/TransAM cars with Endurance cars. (i.e. the Nissan IMSA GTP is not in a IMSA GTP 1988 class, instead it is in Group C.. even though GTP is a different homologation to Group C.. it is in Group C.. because it is in Group C it wins 99% of the races it races in.

opinion. The GTP does not win 99% of races. It makes more sense for it to be in group c than in a class of its own. Although it's not technically a Group C car, Its performance is close enough to the sauber and R89 to be in the group C class in the game.

2. terrible Bop

opinion. Some classes have cars with similar performance but no Bop for historic accuracy. Some classes have BoP that is excellent and extremely close.

3. they removed cars from PCARS 1 but kept cars from PCARS 1 but not even update them. (i.e. Ford Escort (Racing) this car needs to be in it's own class, it is that slow. they could had made a better more competitive version of the Escort but they didn't.
opinion.

4. Time Trail in PCARS 2 is not as smooth and user friendly as Gran Turismo's... .

5. Incorrect Class naming; what is Vintage Prototype A?? what is Vintage F1 A? what makes Vintage F1 B??
opinion.

8. AI balance is awful
opinion. AI has 2 scales to adjust: pace and aggression. Adjust to suit. Everyone has different pace in different cars. Should it self correct that they always place a close 2nd and let you in? Should it self correct to always keep you midfield?

opinion. I can't even begin to explain why.

10 rumple strips are bad
opinion. I don't think you've driven any of the cars in the game on any of the real rumble strips and your only point of reference is gran turismo.

opinion

opinion

this game had to sacrifice so much time and resources for a more dynamic weather system, they had to drop cars/tracks/layouts and features, noticing this, I often wonder was it even worth it to upgrade the engine at all? it's not even a massive graphical update nor is it a massive upgrade from PCARS 1's engine.

:rolleyes: see where this is going...

E_Luckow
08-11-2018, 01:50
Season Pass 2 or 3 or whatever. Just take my money. Im in all the way. :yes:

davekojo
08-11-2018, 03:25
I know SMS has some unreleased assets for Pcars 2. Season Pass 2 probably depends on BN providing some more funding and SMS re-entering license some negotiations.

I think (so don't quote me) the bulk of the development team has moved onto developing SMS next IP so cleaning and releasing the unreleased assets may be the only practical way to give us season pass 2 or any more DLC.

But if it is released I'm buying it. Even if its snowmobiles and a Velodrome

REXPITVIPER1
08-11-2018, 04:18
I know SMS has some unreleased assets for Pcars 2. Season Pass 2 probably depends on BN providing some more funding and SMS re-entering license some negotiations.

I think (so don't quote me) the bulk of the development team has moved onto developing SMS next IP so cleaning and releasing the unreleased assets may be the only practical way to give us season pass 2 or any more DLC.

so like the free single car dlcs from PCARS 1?

REXPITVIPER1
08-11-2018, 05:03
:rolleyes: see where this is going...

opinion. The GTP does not win 99% of races. It makes more sense for it to be in group c than in a class of its own. Although it's not technically a Group C car, Its performance is close enough to the sauber and R89 to be in the group C class in the game.

2. terrible Bop
opinion. Some classes have cars with similar performance but no Bop for historic accuracy. Some classes have BoP that is excellent and extremely close.

4. Time Trail in PCARS 2 is not as smooth and user friendly as Gran Turismo's, or Forza Motorsports Time Trail. (i.e. all of the Prototype cars are in one TT class bracket, so if I wanna see how fast I was in a VPTA I have to go through hundreds of pages just to find my time I set on a track.

8. AI balance is awful
opinion. AI has 2 scales to adjust: pace and aggression. Adjust to suit. Everyone has different pace in different cars. Should it self correct that they always place a close 2nd and let you in? Should it self correct to always keep you midfield?

opinion. I can't even begin to explain why.

10 rumple strips are bad
opinion. I don't think you've driven any of the cars in the game on any of the real rumble strips and your only point of reference is gran turismo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
1. That does not make any sense whats so ever, it is a IMSA GTP car, not a FIA Group C1 car, this car belongs in it's own class, same goes for the multiple IMSA/TransAM GTO/S cars in the GTO class. you say that the ZX-Turbo Performance is close to a C9 or R89? how further from wrong can you be. do you race Group C1 in game? go to any track and watch how the ZX-Turbo pulls away from the rest of the cars, watch how the ZX-Turbo out accelerates other vehicles, the C9 nor R89 are even close in cornering and acceleration.

2. name a class that has "extremely close" BOP other than GT3 or ...... GT3. there is no class in game that has "extremely close" BOP. there is always 1 or 2 (sometimes more) cars in a class that dominates the class, VPTA always have the Porsche 917K dominate that class. GT4 always have the M3 GTR or Porsche dominating the class. tick tick tick

4. don't manipulate a sentence to your benefit. if you're gonna quote it, quote the whole sentence.

8. don't make me laugh, even if the game has 2 sliders the AI is still poor. to even add to this the AI has a different physic model than the player.

9. what?

10. I don't think Rumple Strips pull your car towards a wall that aggressively pal, if they did do that then Rumple Strips will be a safety hazard. and every single racing game other than PCARS 2, actually simulates rumple strips without the aggressively wonky pulling effect. so your point is?

hkraft300
08-11-2018, 06:42
...so your point is?

You're presenting your opinions with a seasoning of unrelated facts. :rolleyes:

REXPITVIPER1
08-11-2018, 07:17
You're presenting your opinions with a seasoning of unrelated facts. :rolleyes:

... whatever man.

Shepard2603
08-11-2018, 07:17

Bandai has not given any money to SMS. It's rather vice versa. SMS has to pay them, so BN takes care of publishing/distribution. All the money for PCARS2 came from the earnings of PCARS1.

Cheesenium
08-11-2018, 09:06

Sadly, I do not think we will see those unreleased assets at this stage. I will be surprised if we will get more content for Pcars 2.

I guess the sales underperformed compared to Pcars 1.

REXPITVIPER1
08-11-2018, 09:14
Sadly, I do not think we will see those unreleased assets at this stage. I will be surprised if we will get more content for Pcars 2.

I guess the sales under performed compared to Pcars 1.

in terms of under preform you mean in sales or player count/player reception? because PCARS 2 sold well.... cough... good enough...but player/media coverage has dropped significantly. on PC we're holding a solid 6,700- players... just to compare GTSPORT is pushing 5 million players.

REXPITVIPER1
08-11-2018, 09:16
in terms of under preform you mean in sales or player count/player reception? because PCARS 2 sold well.... cough... good enough...but player/media coverage has dropped significantly. on PC we're holding a solid 6,700- players... just to compare GTSPORT is pushing 5 million players.

SMS will have to innervate and improve significantly for PCARS 3...

Bealdor
08-11-2018, 09:16

Unfortunately PCARS 2 did NOT sell well compared to PCARS 1.

Zaskarspants
08-11-2018, 09:19

I guess the sales underperformed compared to Pcars 1.

Pcars2 appears in this chart at 17, up from last week. Sales appear to be holding up well.

Personally I am hoping for pcars2 rally before any talk of pcars3.

Edit, forgot link, https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

Racing4Life
08-11-2018, 09:27
2. name a class that has "extremely close" BOP other than GT3 or ...... GT3. there is no class in game that has "extremely close" BOP. there is always 1 or 2 (sometimes more) cars in a class that dominates the class, VPTA always have the Porsche 917K dominate that class. GT4 always have the M3 GTR or Porsche dominating the class. tick tick tick
Honestly REXPITVIPER1, I really understand your frustration concerning the BOP of most classes. IMHO the GT3 is well BOPed, but to name a class with an extremely close BOP, the class of the GTEs. IMHO the best BOPed class within the entire game.

But aside of GT3 and GTE I'm with you, with some deduction the classes of the LMP2 and the GT4 are BOPed too. But other classes, like e.g. GTO, Group A, 4 or 5 are completely unBOPed, a real pitty.

So guys, dont trash REXPITVIPER1 entirely, because IMHO its partly not just an opinion, he's partly right. We've pretty well BOPed classes, the cars in other classes are maybe historical correct, but not BOPed. And unfortunately we dont even have a serverside option to BOP them ourselves for online racing, for example by adjusting the air mass.

Lakiboom
08-11-2018, 10:51

And there are many reasons why. Game was not ready at release, bugs, lost career progress, connection problems, long time for patches, ESL closed eSport races (twice?) And of course story with support life of PCars1.

So I don't know what SMS think but in my opinion there is bad idea to announce something like PCars3.

morpwr
08-11-2018, 10:57

I would think that would have been a given with the hype surrounding pcars1. There where a lot of innovative things in the first title to draw people in. Like any title the second one is more of the same in a way. Obviously with improvements but you know what I mean.

Smoked_Cheddar
08-11-2018, 15:00
Honestly REXPITVIPER1, I really understand your frustration concerning the BOP of most classes. IMHO the GT3 is well BOPed, but to name a class with an extremely close BOP, the class of the GTEs. IMHO the best BOPed class within the entire game.

But aside of GT3 and GTE I'm with you, with some deduction the classes of the LMP2 and the GT4 are BOPed too. But other classes, like e.g. GTO, Group A, 4 or 5 are completely unBOPed, a real pitty.

So guys, dont trash REXPITVIPER1 entirely, because IMHO its partly not just an opinion, he's partly right. We've pretty well BOPed classes, the cars in other classes are maybe historical correct, but not BOPed. And unfortunately we dont even have a serverside option to BOP them ourselves for online racing, for example by adjusting the air mass.

It just depends on what you want. Modern classes have been BoP by their sanctioning bodies, hence why they're pretty equal.

More historic classes, not so much as I talked about in my GT1 thread, and was brought up later, I liked the Panoz, but it was probably the slowest. Group C, yeah, i think the Nissan GTP is a bit OP, but its not impossible. Honestly I just remove it using the custom grid tool. I think SMS tried to make the cars as they were, make the classes as fair as they could. But you can't a close to real life equivalent, and then try to make it equal to cars it was not equal too. Sometimes they ended up that way. But not always.

Mahjik
08-11-2018, 15:10
I don't think people really understand BoP. In short, unless you have very stringent regulations (i.e. single make series), BoP is done based on the series schedule. i.e. the goal is that not one car has an advantage over all of the tracks in the series, but some cars may do well at certain tracks based on it's design. Given the number of tracks PC2 has, it's nearly impossible to balance all of the classes for all of the tracks. We have the possibility to run cars on tracks that they don't actually race in real life. That is going to have some imbalance.

For example, if you have a car that is lightweight but lower power, it will do well on tight twisty tracks. However, it will struggle on a track that is mostly long straights against cars that are heavier but more power (top speed is determined by power and frontal surface area). If you are a series leader, you should balance the track selection based on the cars running. If you allows lower power lightweight cars in the series, picking only tracks with long straights will just give that car a disadvantage the entire season.

Also, with PC2, there are some classes that are not BoP at all (by design as that is how they were in real life).

GenBrien
08-11-2018, 15:17
Pcars3 will need, IMO, those things to makes it more succesfull :

- new consoles
- better network/ MP stability
- better uniform AIs
- better penality/flag system
- wayyyyy less bug at launch
- driving school ala GTR2

TekNeil
08-11-2018, 16:10
But by updating is exactly the way producing a new version normally does work.
Hehe thats also the reason you can find most of the bugs from pCars1 repeated in pCars2 :-)

And herein lies the issue. If people are so willing to jump to a new/PC3 SMS will never learn regards fixing game breaking bugs. They'll be happy knowing that people will just pay a lot of money for a new iteration.

These days there's as much hype around updates as there is new game releases, SMS could do well to go that route. Gain our trust and build customer relationship by fixing bugs with more ferocity of intent, and then open the door for nice updates, including paid ones surrounded by hype.

"Project Cars 2 Update x.x.x - Thunder Saloons *"

"Project Cars 2 Update x.x.x - Vw Racing Cup *"

*Examples of hype.

cpcdem
08-11-2018, 16:31
And herein lies the issue. If people are so willing to jump to a new/PC3 SMS will never learn regards fixing game breaking bugs. They'll be happy knowing that people will just pay a lot of money for a new iteration.

Well, the fact that PCARS2 sold less than PCARS1, although it is so much better than PCARS1 in so much levels, or at least it has so much more huge potential, has made it very clear to everybody involved that it is extremely important that a game should not have so many huge bugs at release time and still so many very important bugs after a whole year...

TekNeil
08-11-2018, 16:36
Well I'll believe that when I see it. If I see PC2 continue to improve then I'll have more faith, otherwise I'll be questioning if I want to spend another sixty quid on something that may well be as buggy as the last.

REXPITVIPER1
08-11-2018, 19:43

thank you Racing4Life.

REXPITVIPER1
08-11-2018, 19:51
I don't think people really understand BoP. In short, unless you have very stringent regulations (i.e. single make series), BoP is done based on the series schedule. i.e. the goal is that not one car has an advantage over all of the tracks in the series, but some cars may do well at certain tracks based on it's design. Given the number of tracks PC2 has, it's nearly impossible to balance all of the classes for all of the tracks. We have the possibility to run cars on tracks that they don't actually race in real life. That is going to have some imbalance.

For example, if you have a car that is lightweight but lower power, it will do well on tight twisty tracks. However, it will struggle on a track that is mostly long straights against cars that are heavier but more power (top speed is determined by power and frontal surface area). If you are a series leader, you should balance the track selection based on the cars running. If you allows lower power lightweight cars in the series, picking only tracks with long straights will just give that car a disadvantage the entire season.

Also, with PC2, there are some classes that are not BoP at all (by design as that is how they were in real life).

I see what you are saying, but I mentioned this countless times before, SMS should have given the players a custom preset or custom championship option to counter act the absence of Balance of Performance in some classes. I expect this type of feature to be thought upon by SMS and to be in PCARS 3.

REXPITVIPER1
08-11-2018, 19:52
It just depends on what you want. Modern classes have been BoP by their sanctioning bodies, hence why they're pretty equal.

More historic classes, not so much as I talked about in my GT1 thread, and was brought up later, I liked the Panoz, but it was probably the slowest. Group C, yeah, i think the Nissan GTP is a bit OP, but its not impossible. Honestly I just remove it using the custom grid tool. I think SMS tried to make the cars as they were, make the classes as fair as they could. But you can't a close to real life equivalent, and then try to make it equal to cars it was not equal too. Sometimes they ended up that way. But not always.

understandable.

Chikane
08-11-2018, 20:14

I seen suggestions on others forums about BoP the Trackday A class to make the fxx-k and p1 gtr performance on the same level as the Vulcan and Revolucion you know just like real life :rolleyes:
performance

BoP would ruin Trackday A cause what makes this class unique is the fact that each car is so different from each other and there not regulated by no bop in real life and that's how it should be in pcars 2. :cool:

Mahjik
08-11-2018, 20:42
I see what you are saying, but I mentioned this countless times before, SMS should have given the players a custom preset or custom championship option to counter act the absence of Balance of Performance in some classes. I expect this type of feature to be thought upon by SMS and to be in PCARS 3.

You assume it wasn't thought about for PC2. I can guarantee you it was.. It's been brought up in WMD ever since PC1. However, like the other hundreds of great ideas in the WMD forums, not everything can get implemented based on time and resources.

GenBrien
08-11-2018, 22:31
Things were brought since Pcars1 and decided to not implement them. FTFU
Like Pcars1 UI that everybody asked to be changed, and guess what, people moaned about it once released.
I get it that they cant do all, but maybe when people ask things/items/feature since PCARS1, maybe it would be important to try to do it.
My 2c

satco1066
08-11-2018, 23:50
i don't see that as real problem, couse i don't know any UI were you can't find a big crowd that is happy and another that is moaning.
You cant't do it right for everyone.

i personally like UI from

PC1
better PC2
a little bit of ACC ( PC2 cloneish ^^ )
RF2 is ok

dislike
AC
RRRE
Dirt Rally

I think there are hundreds, that have a totally inverted list ;)

hkraft300
09-11-2018, 08:02
Problem with listening too many opinions is that most are not well thought-through. Sms are the experts in their field: they have the pro drivers, engineers, artists etc who are experts in their field.
They can find themselves in a bind bending to the will of the people, usually a loud minority, and cause unintended negative consequences.
Recent example is the removal of the host kick option in MP.
The vast majority of sim racers believe themselves experts in "physics" yet are uninformed+uneducated in the most basic of concepts. So should sms go down the path of not advancing their simulation technology, because the majority of the player base don't appreciate /understand it? They'd probably sell more if pc3 did a Turn10/codies/PD and didn't update tire model/livetrack/weather but made the game more pretty and user friendly. Throw in some voodoo code that makes every player feel like a driving God and get the best reviews from {insert favourite YouTuber here}.
However, some people would notice and, more importantly, SMS themselves would know that they're selling themselves short.

satco1066
09-11-2018, 09:39
+1
thats the dilemma. Create something everybody likes or someting real good.
Unfortunatelly the majority likes cool car games, easy to drive, speeding as drug.
The better it is in case of simulation, the smaller the community aka amount of people who spend their money.

In view of that i wouldn't have a problem, to pay 10 or 20€ for a perfect track or car.
Because i don't collect cars, i want to drive just my favorites.
Is here any simracer who drives more than 10 different cars constantly? i dont think so. You cannot be perfect on 200 cars ;)
Price too high. No. Compare other games to Simracing.
E.g. i spent more than 1000 h on pCARS2. Thats 7cent per hour.
Take any actual AAA. Most times the campaign is through in 5 to 15 hours. So you paid 5 to 10 € per hour, then forget ist and buy the next game.
Same for equipment. Many simracers own rigs from 500 to 3000€ . And then they complaint about a 70.- simulator software.

GenBrien
09-11-2018, 11:29
Never talked about handling. Casey's doing a really good job.
I was talking about things like custom grid configurator for exemple
or how it took months to be able to choose your car livery easily (dont know if you remember how painfull it was, for something that basic)

You know... basic things
It seems they want so much to have the best handling, best weather/etc, than the very basic things are not there.
That was my point.
Anyway, its a great sim non the less

Racing4Life
09-11-2018, 12:29
You're making it yourself pretty simple, hkraft300.

IMHO SMS had the pretension to themselves to provide the best available racing simulation. Usually every company starting such a project has that pretension.

And yes, SMS did mostly a good job with pCARS2. The visuals are a blast, the physics are great, though I personally consider the FFB of PC1 better, but that is just my personal opinion. The mentioned tire model is fine too, wheather and time of day transitions are just incredible. Not a single complain from my side here, very well done, applause. And that wasnt sarcasm.

But there are things ppl complain about, and those things just cant be wiped from the table, because they are either bugged or not completely thought through.

Following list is just my personal opinion, others may look at those things in a different way.

- Progress warning/undocumented stuff in MP on a DS, Invitation not working: Complains about that from the start, never has been fixed.
- Not updated PDF files after the patches: A bunch of cars and tracks have been added in the last twelve months, you always have to start a local DS and use the API to get the ID/names to configure your real DS. Just annoying, but at least there is a workaround.
- Promised driver switch: Not implemented
- Compared to other sims like AC, rF2 or R3E a not very stable multiplayer. Improved since the start, and I'm really happy about that, but compared to other sims it still is pretty unstable.
- Only the mainstream classes are BOPed to compete on track. Such really great series like GTO, GT1 and DTM(92) arent BOPed at all. For example, even the BMW and the Merc of the last named class arent competitive, and those cars were all over each other in the 90s. Really a shame, because the "old DTM" was always one of my favs. A simple option to adjust e.g. the air mass serverside of each car, and serious MP would have been possible with those classes.
- Penalty system: For serious MP racing not usuable. An optional (!) strike based system would have been the solution.
- Wheather: Real wheather not working at all, and those steady slots arent the burner too. For example, you cant just do a race over an hour, with a rain shower of five minutes. If you race with four (synced) wheather slots, the "shower" lasts 15 minutes, but the entire water of an hour hits the track. Another example, add four slots with light rain, and you'll have the pacific on track after an hour.

I'd never say SMS did a bad job with PC2, never. It's fun racing, but its also a fact, and not just my personal opinion, there are parts of PC2 which are better solved by other simulations. And personally I always wonder, and this again is just my opinion, why existing solutions arent used, if they provened itself accepted by the com of other simulators.

satco1066
09-11-2018, 12:30
I was not there in WMD1, but i remember 10 years ago i had to develop the code for a GUI from zero w/o any examples.
It was not as easy than i thought.
And to be honest, if i look at it now, it looks awful ! :dejection:

hkraft300
09-11-2018, 12:45
Sim racing is a niche and small segment of the market. I think people know what project cars is about now. I can guess many many people may have bought pc1 expecting a driveclub or nfs or GT or Forza. Now people know what the pcars franchise is about. It has a fan base and I think that base will grow with future iterations.

If sms had stuck with pc1 UI and polished it, would that not have been better for pc2 than a whole new UI? Some people wanted a completely different UI and sms obliged. Wasted potential I think, but that's being an armchair expert.

So going forward if sms evolve and polish the user experience starting from the base that is pc2, don't you think pc3 will be much better? Assuming they're not totally rebuilding a new UI and related componentry.
And that's just one aspect of the game.

wesker6664
09-11-2018, 13:06
On the contrary i think that rebuilding the UI is much needed. The current one has been built upon the old one (at one point in development the 2 UIs -current one and the old one frome PC1- were co existing), to me it looks like what Microsoft is doing with Windows and its several layers of UI. It's creating conflicts and bugs and must be a complete nightmare to work with...

Even today after all the updates there are still problems like clicking once can occasionally move the sliders 2 times, etc.

Asturbo
09-11-2018, 13:14
On the contrary i think that rebuilding the UI is much needed. The current one has been built upon the old one (at one point in development the 2 UIs -current one and the old one frome PC1- were co existing), to me it looks like what Microsoft is doing with Windows and its several layers of UI. It's creating conflicts and bugs and must be a complete nightmare to work with...
I absolutely agree. Related with this, the settings, the load/save options, default options, need to save/load things to work...

cpcdem
09-11-2018, 13:16
I was not there in WMD1, but i remember 10 years ago i had to develop the code for a GUI from zero w/o any examples.
It was not as easy than i thought.
And to be honest, if i look at it now, it looks awful ! :dejection:

If you have no experience, yes it is difficult, but for an experienced programmer, it is not an issue at all. The big problem is making it look nice, but that's not the work of the programmers, its up to the art guys. Otherwise, doing a properly working UI is not a hard task, there are no exotic programming techniques involved at all, normally no performance considerations (human interaction is slow, so there's a limit on how fast the UI needs to be), no RAM or other resource usage restrictions (because very few are needed for the UI anyway) in today's machines etc. Yes, the rest of the game is extremely complicated, but IMO at least the UI should had been working well from day one, and very soon after release the issues that could have slipped should had been debugged and fixed as well. But it's been more than a year since release and there are still so many glitches...

Mahjik
09-11-2018, 13:51
The current one has been built upon the old one (at one point in development the 2 UIs -current one and the old one frome PC1- were co existing)

From a coding standpoint, that's not entirely correct. While the two UI's existed at the same time during development, that has no bearing on them "sharing code".

ecstaticbrick
09-11-2018, 16:32
Are SMS going to start communicating with us 'the community' again? I can't remember the last time we heard from someone at SMS other than Jussi, Casey or Jan. Or, is this not the place to get updates and information from them?

It may come across as me trolling but, that isn't my intention at all. The thing I enjoyed about Pcars more than any other racing game was the interaction between us and the devs.

Eric Everfast
09-11-2018, 18:03
There is so much to do in PCars 2; I honestly don't think its successor is needed anytime soon. You can spend hours optimising a tune for 1 car on 1 track.

REXPITVIPER1
09-11-2018, 20:48
There is so much to do in PCars 2; I honestly don't think its successor is needed anytime soon. You can spend hours optimising a tune for 1 car on 1 track.

not to sound evil or anything, but PCARS 2 is... boring after a whole year of playing it, I pretty much did every single combination you could do... the DLC was only limited fun because half of them wasn't really that 'good' of a DLC, Porsche DLC, Fun Stuff DLC, PCARS Rally sounds like an amazing expansion to freshen up PCARS 2, it'd bring in the rally fans and the people who grown tired of PCARS 2.

Expansion Ideas:???

satco1066
09-11-2018, 20:59
If you have no experience, yes it is difficult, but for an experienced programmer, it is not an issue at all. The big problem is making it look nice, but that's not the work of the programmers, its up to the art guys. Otherwise, doing a properly working UI is not a hard task, there are no exotic programming techniques involved at all, normally no performance considerations (human interaction is slow, so there's a limit on how fast the UI needs to be), no RAM or other resource usage restrictions (because very few are needed for the UI anyway) in today's machines etc. Yes, the rest of the game is extremely complicated, but IMO at least the UI should had been working well from day one, and very soon after release the issues that could have slipped should had been debugged and fixed as well. But it's been more than a year since release and there are still so many glitches...

thanks for explaining an old guy how to develop ;)

naaah, it was not just code. In a small team all parts of GUI was my job. In the last 30 years i was coder AND graphic artist.

cpcdem
09-11-2018, 21:09
thanks for explaining an old guy how to develop ;)

naaah, it was not just code. In a small team all parts of GUI was my job. In the last 30 years i was coder AND graphic artist.

Ah, ok then :). Were you also the artist because you could not afford/did not want to get another artist, or was it because you are good at that stuff, too? Because I've been a lot of times in the first case, built several smaller and larger UIs which I am proud to say they all worked, but also all of them were c**p aesthetically :)

Konan
09-11-2018, 21:38
I get it that they cant do all, but maybe when people ask things/items/feature since PCARS1, maybe it would be important to try to do it.
My 2c

Like the chase view that everyone moaned should be like the one in pCARS1 and got changed in patch 7 so now a lot of people are moaning to change it back?

You simply cannot please everyone all of the time...also because the demands never stop...implement X and next week everyone wants Y because X is useless without it...

sas5320
09-11-2018, 21:42
Could there be 2 chase came? Like Near and Far? Like other games have

Chikane
09-11-2018, 22:45
Like the chase view that everyone moaned should be like the one in pCARS1 and got changed in patch 7 so now a lot of people are moaning to change it back?

You simply cannot please everyone all of the time...also because the demands never stop...implement X and next week everyone wants Y because X is useless without it...

Could there be 2 chase came? Like Near and Far? Like other games have

As someone that plays 99.9% of the time in chase cam i'm cool with the changes they made in patch 7.0

Imho the pcars series has the best chase cam out there with the freedom to rotate the camera 360% around the car is just amazing, unless you want a chase cam like that found in gts or the worst chase cam ever the one found in ac .... :rolleyes:

Hlspwn
10-11-2018, 16:47

I'd have to agree with you, but also disagree.

As casual as I am there is so much for me to still discover in PC2, and the sims longevity will far surpass my requirements. But for others and sadly the pace of the world we are living in, things quickly become old hat\old news, and the pace of life these days is so fast people are looking for the next best thing far to quickly imo. There is so much that never got into PC2 - DX12 support, multi surface physics and deformations never got fully implemented. Multi core cpu support was not introduced. Newer graphics, rendering, and shaders are been developed around RTX, other racing titles have sounds that I think now far surpass PC2.

What I am trying to say is that if you stand still for two long the competition will surpass you, so I would like to see PC3 definitely happen.

This all started as a PC only title, and if the studio did not do so well on sales with PC2, why not go back to the roots and do a crowd funding again. I'm sure there are enough of us to get the cash to make this happen. I've always said I can't believe I can get this experience for the price I have payed, thank you SMS.

Cholton82
11-11-2018, 16:04
If there was realistic random weather in career mode I would agree but with it being scripted that takes away for me personally some of the longevity .

Put it in a patch and I could see me being happy for years

Eric Everfast
11-11-2018, 18:47
I'd have to agree with you, but also disagree.

As casual as I am there is so much for me to still discover in PC2, and the sims longevity will far surpass my requirements. But for others and sadly the pace of the world we are living in, things quickly become old hat\old news, and the pace of life these days is so fast people are looking for the next best thing far to quickly imo. There is so much that never got into PC2 - DX12 support, multi surface physics and deformations never got fully implemented. Multi core cpu support was not introduced. Newer graphics, rendering, and shaders are been developed around RTX, other racing titles have sounds that I think now far surpass PC2.

What I am trying to say is that if you stand still for two long the competition will surpass you, so I would like to see PC3 definitely happen.

This all started as a PC only title, and if the studio did not do so well on sales with PC2, why not go back to the roots and do a crowd funding again. I'm sure there are enough of us to get the cash to make this happen. I've always said I can't believe I can get this experience for the price I have payed, thank you SMS.

Perfectly valid point for having PC3 come out sooner than later.

I think your argument brings up an interesting dynamic on how the perspective changes depending on the platform someone is sim racing on. PC is still the platform and will always be the platform of choice for the best sim racing experience since up-to-date hardware is continuous provided one has the budget for it. Consequently, all the active devs who have their sim racing titles out on the PC can constantly improve the experience in terms of realism, immersion and overall authenticity.

So you're right, SMS will fall behind if they don't push out the next iteration of the series while the likes of RFactor2, ACC, IRacing, Automobilista & RR3 continue squeezing the juice out of the orange.

On the flipside, I am thankful that there is a team like SMS that brought it upon themselves to bring the sim racing experience on consoles like none other has done before. This allows a whole new demographic to appreciate their hobby on hardware that sells for a fraction of the price. The Xbox One X has allowed me to experience PC2 to a level of authenticity that PC users enjoy and SMS put in the time and effort to make it a reality.

I am sort of going on a tangent here but in an attempt of being concise: as a console user, I know there is little room left for sim racing titles to stretch their legs on current generation hardware. I do believe that PC2 is close to the optimised title on the One X and that anything of higher pedigree will need to wait until the next gen rolls out. So I am perfectly happy with PC2 and the amount of content that it offers as a console user; if I were to be a high-end PC user, my standards would be higher and my expectations would be different :)

Cheers

Eric Everfast
11-11-2018, 18:57
not to sound evil or anything, but PCARS 2 is... boring after a whole year of playing it, I pretty much did every single combination you could do... the DLC was only limited fun because half of them wasn't really that 'good' of a DLC, Porsche DLC, Fun Stuff DLC, PCARS Rally sounds like an amazing expansion to freshen up PCARS 2, it'd bring in the rally fans and the people who grown tired of PCARS 2.

Expansion Ideas:???

Have to disagree on PC2 becoming boring but you might have logged more hours than me. We do have Dirt Rally 2.0 coming out soon to appease that itch :)

rswanson
15-04-2019, 07:31
Things I'd like to see in Project Cars 3:
- More NASCAR involvement, I know there already is but not enough. I think there should be more oval tracks like Bristol which would be absolutely amazing. Martinsville, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Talladega, and Pocono.
As well as the car brands in NASCAR, Chevy, Toyota, and Ford. Maybe a NASCAR truck too.
Not only will I love this, but I think a lot of other people will too.
(could touch up on the sounds of the stock cars) That might be a lot, but it would be pretty awesome.

Olijke Poffer
15-04-2019, 17:03
1 oval track is enough as an oval is an oval. :cool:
For me there is no need for more nascar then we already have in Pcars 2. That is all personal preference of course..

Bliman
15-04-2019, 21:29
- More NASCAR involvement, I know there already is but not enough. I think there should be more oval tracks like Bristol which would be absolutely amazing. Martinsville, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Talladega, and Pocono.
As well as the car brands in NASCAR, Chevy, Toyota, and Ford. Maybe a NASCAR truck too.
(could touch up on the sounds of the stock cars) That might be a lot, but it would be pretty awesome.

I hope they will not go further with Nascar. But that is my opinion.

yannara
16-04-2019, 06:40
Could be only on 2020.

Invincible
16-04-2019, 07:19
Could be only on 2020.

Doubt it. I think it will be 2021.

REXPITVIPER1
16-04-2019, 07:42
I got word that Project CARS 3 has been delayed for a 2020 release date at this website here: https://www.gtplanet.net/category/project-cars-3/ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n3pFFPSlW4)

Stewy32
16-04-2019, 10:05
I wasn't expecting it until 2021 anyway.

morpwr
16-04-2019, 11:31

As much as I am a NASCAR fan I wouldn't want them to take up more of the game with NASCAR stuff. Id much rather see them do Nascar and the dirt stuff as spinoff games. That way they could do it right and not just have a couple of tracks and cars.

Zaskarspants
16-04-2019, 13:02
Iirc it was hinted that pcars3 might have a modular structure where the core game gives you a bit of everything then you could by extra ovals, for example, if you wanted more. So long as the pricing structure is right I would like that approach.

Stewy32
18-04-2019, 13:13
Iirc it was hinted that pcars3 might have a modular structure where the core game gives you a bit of everything then you could by extra ovals, for example, if you wanted more. So long as the pricing structure is right I would like that approach.

Love this idea completely!

Only worry (as a league organiser) is that it could make it difficult finding a good balance if people don't buy many modules.

Zaskarspants
18-04-2019, 13:44
Love this idea completely!

Only worry (as a league organiser) is that it could make it difficult finding a good balance if people don't buy many modules.

Good point, all depends on the cost I guess. I would be hoping for rally and hill climbs as an option if it goes that way. I think rent to play was also hinted at and SMS staff currently includes people on secondment from an ' internet of things, content supply company', Iotech, so maybe, all conjecture and educated guesses at this point obviously.

https://www.slightlymadstudios.com/team/
http://www.iotechsys.com

David Wright
18-04-2019, 13:52
I think rent to play was also hinted at ...

Where are you getting these hints from?

Zaskarspants
18-04-2019, 14:19
Where are you getting these hints from?

Ian mentioned it here shortly after I joined.

lottalava
18-04-2019, 15:06
There is no need for rush, SMS can do it very calmly.