PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Track Position Limits, Incorrect Track Pit Garages. (And Penalty Issues)

REXPITVIPER1
14-09-2018, 22:05
There are tracks in PCARS 2 that allow more than 32 cars, Laguna Seca, Nurdburgring, for example, but for some reason we can only choose 25 or 29 limit of cars.

Daytona is allowed to have 32 cars on the track, but there are only 20 something pit stalls, not 32, even though the Indianapolis has 32 pit stalls.

there is also the fact that cars not apart of the same team are linked to a pit stop.. I'm not sure if there will be an update fixing these minor but big issues, but it will be much appreciated.

On Le Mans, there are Run Off Points on some corners, where (in real life races) are actually apart of the racing line, for example the corner before Mulsanne Straight has a blue area on the outside of the corner, in IRacing and Real Life cars often run that blue part on the outside of that corner, but in PCARS 2 if your car is over 40% over the rumble strip, then you get a penalty. same for Imola, there are areas where there are tire marks, indicating an extended area of use, but if you try to use that off point of the corner, then you get a penalty.

Shinzah
14-09-2018, 23:45
The problem with non-active stewardship is people (incorrectly) assume an illegal action is legal because others 'do it'.

The difference in the pcars logic is that its to the letter of the rules, so reactions are instant and penalties are rigid. If there was the option to put a human being into the game to monitor track limits violations, if they gained or lost time, what the situation was and make warnings and decisions based on that things would be much more 'realistic' but also much more impossible, because you can't put a human being into the game.

The current implementation of track limits is working correctly. You're not supposed to use those areas and in 'most' series, blatant abuse of those areas will result in warnings and penalties.

What people don't do while watching races is listen to the race director audio more often than not. Especially in ACO and GT3 competition. So they just assume that's the racing line, even if it's not supposed to be, because they saw someone do it every so often on specific laps and in specific situations.

cpcdem
14-09-2018, 23:48
I think also the very very small area after the last corner just in the beginning of the start/finish straight in Watkins should stop being considered off track. Few days ago I had a very nice fierce battle for 10 laps with a guy, he finished first with me just 2 tenths behind him, but in the last lap, in that very last corner he got very close to the wall which earned him a one second penalty. He instantly wrote some mumblings in the chat and left, I am pretty sure his monitor or his wall (or hand) was broken moments later...Very unneeded frustrations IMO.

cxMilk
15-09-2018, 04:24
there is also the fact that cars not apart of the same team are linked to a pit stop.
This existed in the first game as well and frustrated me to no end as you had no real way of knowing if your pit was occupied or not. Sure, they had the little warning that popped up, but that did no good if you were already committed to a stop and entering the pits by the time the warning popped thus forcing a drive through.

I've yet to do any races in pCars2 utilizing stops, beyond a few involving weather transitions in which I usually pit a lap before everyone else anyway; so I wasn't sure if this issue carried over to this game. Though the other day in a practice session I noticed my teammate was pitting at the opposite end from where I was so that instantly piqued suspicions.

REXPITVIPER1
15-09-2018, 06:23
This existed in the first game as well and frustrated me to no end as you had no real way of knowing if your pit was occupied or not. Sure, they had the little warning that popped up, but that did no good if you were already committed to a stop and entering the pits by the time the warning popped thus forcing a drive through.

I've yet to do any races in pCars2 utilizing stops, beyond a few involving weather transitions in which I usually pit a lap before everyone else anyway; so I wasn't sure if this issue carried over to this game. Though the other day in a practice session I noticed my teammate was pitting at the opposite end from where I was so that instantly piqued suspicions.

Yes, on Laguna some 4 cars apart of different teams in different cars will use the same pit garage.

Schnizz58
12-10-2018, 20:26
My solution would be kerbs. Bigger kerbs will punish you if you dry to shortcut. FIA already has sausage kerbs for the exits. I don't understand why they are not used more and inside kerbs could be pretty much similar to what we used to have in the early 2000's. Another solution would be shallow (a few cm deep) gravel traps around the track. It wouldn't be a safety issue, as it wouldn't be deep enough to cause danger in cases where car turns upside down and narrow enough so there'd still be enough tarmac to slow the cars. Just enough gravel to make drivers lose grip and get dirt in their tires.

Should SMS go to these tracks and tell the owners that they should be using bigger kerbs?

Stewy32
13-10-2018, 12:37
For the cars on tracks it is down to the AI and how many AI the game and track can run well with for that track.

For some basic info:
IRL Daytona Intenrational Speedway Road Course has a 67 car limit, but in game is 32.
IRL Knockhill International has a 32 car limit, but in game is 12.
IRL Donington Park has a 40 car limit, but 38 garages and an in-game limit of 32.
IRL Silverstone GP has a limit of 58 cars, but in-game a limit of 32.
IRL Snetterton 200/300 have a limit of 32 cars+, but in game a limit of 26.