PDA

View Full Version : Not seeing any UDP traffic on port 5606

masarak
17-09-2018, 18:23
Running wireshark on the same PC the game is running on, and I'm not seeing any UDP packets on port 5606.

Documentation is all but none-existent so that's be no use; anyone know what I'm evidently doing horrifically wrong? (Yes, it's enabled in the settings)

Schnizz58
17-09-2018, 19:02
5606 is the destination port, I believe. Do you have your wireshark filter set up correctly for that? Also it won't transmit any packets until you actually go into a session. One more thing, do you have Windows Firewall turned on? If so, disable it.

mr_belowski
17-09-2018, 19:23
The game transmits on whatever network adapter windows gives it first, or something like that. If you've got VirtualBox installed this will probably be the virtual network adapter and you won't see any packets

Schnizz58
17-09-2018, 19:41
The game transmits on whatever network adapter windows gives it first, or something like that. If you've got VirtualBox installed this will probably be the virtual network adapter and you won't see any packets

That may be the answer for the guy whose router was getting saturated by UDP packets. I wasn't aware that something like that exists.