PDA

View Full Version : Firmware version for CSL Elite?

warth0g
22-09-2018, 23:20
Hi, I’m still tweaking my new Fanatic CSL setup on PS4. Because I don’t have a PC, I haven’t upgraded the firmware on the wheel. I’m hoping that because it’s a new wheel the firmware would be relatively recent. When I turn on the wheel it says 335, which I think is the FW version, right?

So my question is, how recent is that please? If old, how worthwhile is it to update? Would it make a big difference in feel? If so, I’ll try and figure out how to flash it via my Mac, but it’s a hassle and an expense, so I’m wondering if it’s needed. Thanks in advance for your advice.

sirio994
23-09-2018, 14:19
Hi, Iím still tweaking my new Fanatic CSL setup on PS4. Because I donít have a PC, I havenít upgraded the firmware on the wheel. Iím hoping that because itís a new wheel the firmware would be relatively recent. When I turn on the wheel it says 335, which I think is the FW version, right?

So my question is, how recent is that please? If old, how worthwhile is it to update? Would it make a big difference in feel? If so, Iíll try and figure out how to flash it via my Mac, but itís a hassle and an expense, so Iím wondering if itís needed. Thanks in advance for your advice.

The last version is 476. 355 shouldn't be too old...

warth0g
24-09-2018, 13:56
Thank you, appreciate the response. Is anyone aware of any significant changes after version 355? I know it's asking a lot of people's memories to go back to a specific firmware version, but you never know.. I find that I've got the FFB to the extent where it's pretty informative of what's going on in the car, meaning I'm driving better than ever before (a good thing) but it lacks a little in immersion still. Rumble strips, road feel etc are very muted, far more so than even in the lowly T150 that I had before. I guess you can't have everything but I wanted to check I wasn't missing out by not updating FW...