PDA

View Full Version : New firmware for Thrustmaster available

Maskmagog
24-09-2018, 19:53
TX new firmware is v54. Seems like most wheels got an update. Also console support for TM Sim hub, don't know if that's new. Here is the link to TX 458:
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/txracingwheel-en/

Anybody tried it yet?

JasonSandwich
24-09-2018, 20:08
Anybody tried it yet?

TONIGHT!

JasonSandwich
25-09-2018, 05:08
TONIGHT!

TOMORROW!

Maskmagog
25-09-2018, 16:02
WELL?

Schnizz58
25-09-2018, 16:30
Is there a change log? I'm probably running 2 year old firmware.

Mahjik
25-09-2018, 16:35
Is there a change log? I'm probably running 2 year old firmware.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

Maskmagog
25-09-2018, 16:45
Upgrading from v51 to v53 made a big difference to me. The new firmware is v54.

Schnizz58
25-09-2018, 16:57
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. ;)

Agreed. If it ain't broke, upgrade the firmware until it is.

Upgrading from v51 to v53 made a big difference to me. The new firmware is v54.
What difference did you notice? I'm probably on 48 or 49.

Killg0re NL
25-09-2018, 18:01
Well for the T300 it has one interresting feature:
* Auto-calibration improvement

Whole list (T300):
- Added support for TM Sim Hub
- Added new firmware for the T-GT, T300 and TX Racing Wheel:
* T-GT racing wheel: Firmware V5 (for the base) – V32 (for the wheel)
* T300-series racing wheels: Firmware V29
* TX Racing Wheel: Firmware V54
= We strongly recommend that you update your wheel bases with the new
firmware.
- Changes made in the new firmware:
* Auto-calibration improvement

JasonSandwich
26-09-2018, 05:13
It felt smooth for me. It might be version 7 of the game but the jackhammering that seems to persist with the perfect oscillation of some cars mixed with some tracks seems to be either far more muted or better communicated to the wheel. I re-calibrated everything.

Here's the change log: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/T500RS/Package_2018_TTRS_2_Release-Notes.txt

UkHardcore23
26-09-2018, 08:38
Oh god i hate Thrustmaster updates. Last one killed my wheel although i looked into it more and managed to get it back alive with the bootloader process.

Mrocz
26-09-2018, 09:05
Auto calibration improvement? I hope it will fix problems with it...

Maskmagog
26-09-2018, 10:53
I had a quick go last night, felt fine. Although I only drove car-track combo's that I've never driven before. Mr Scientific Of The Year.
By the way, BMW 2002 Stanceworks is a lot of fun around Bannochbrae, in case you didn't know!

Sith Metal
26-09-2018, 16:29
just upgraded firmware and the self calibration on power up seems faster, the wheel rotates more quickly than before?

Pisshead30
12-10-2018, 04:25
I have a t300rs gt edition I use on my ps4 pro, its my first and im a total newb when it comes to wheels. Do I need to update the wheel? Sometimes when im in the middle of a race the it goes into pause and ends up in the screenshot menu on ps4 is this a sign I should update the wheel?

satco1066
12-10-2018, 08:09
Hey Pisshead,
omg, never thougt to call someone this ;),
there are 3 to 7 updates for TM wheels per year. If you connect your wheel to a PC and check what firmware version is installed, you can compare if there were updates that applies to your wheel.

Killg0re NL
12-10-2018, 08:26
According to the Fw revision notes, the auto calibration method is improved, so id update the FW when possible.

I am on the latest FW, and it seems fine.

Jbpd
31-10-2018, 18:21
Iíve tried to update my drivers on my wheel like a have done previously but now my wheel wonít auto calibrate when connected to my PC or PS4 it turns fully to the left then back around but not fully to the right and just keeps repeating that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as currently unusable

bmanic
31-10-2018, 20:09
That is a typical Thrustmaster issue. It means your wheel is starting to break and will not last very long (if you are lucky it can still go a year or two). My T300 is doing that too and I have to actually "help" it with my hands to get it to finish the calibration process. If it's under warranty I strongly suggest you get it repaired and hope or demand a new mint wheel. Just google your problem and you'll get plenty of information on that issue.

Thrustmaster is such a shady company with shitty quality.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/poll-thrustmaster-t300rs-gte-reliability-poll.329969/

More than 250 votes in that poll and 55% have had issues. I've had a TX wheel which died a few weeks after warranty and now my T300 is showing symptoms of dying, again about a month after warranty. Needless to say, this is my last TM product ever.

Jbpd
31-10-2018, 20:31
Cheers for your reply after hours of messing around restoring old version of the firmware which seemed to work fine until I rebooted my PS4 to be hit by the same issue

The key seems to be to manually finish the calibration to the right by turning the wheel with my hands. This seems to work for now on the latest firmware

Still think the problem is firmware based it’s as if it’s not got enough power coming through to turn the wheel.

Had my wheel 3 years and 6 months without any issues up to now

Kicking myself for doing the firmware update though!!! But had never had an issue before

bmanic
31-10-2018, 20:44
Ah so it never fully goes all the way to the right? Yeah that is indeed a different issue then. Mine calibrates "normally" so it goes all the way to the right, then all the way to the left, then almos center and decides to go back to left, then center, then left, then center etc. never stopping. This little "jiggle" is a sign of the wheel failing. I don't remember exactly what part of the wheel is failing but it is apparently ultimately terminal for the wheel.

My TX died when the motor got notchy. More and more notches appeared until it was completely grainy and had no smooth FFB any more. Then it died and refused to move at all.

Schnizz58
31-10-2018, 20:59
Ah so it never fully goes all the way to the right? Yeah that is indeed a different issue then. Mine calibrates "normally" so it goes all the way to the right, then all the way to the left, then almos center and decides to go back to left, then center, then left, then center etc. never stopping. This little "jiggle" is a sign of the wheel failing. I don't remember exactly what part of the wheel is failing but it is apparently ultimately terminal for the wheel.

That happened to my first TX wheel. Fortunately, Thrustmaster replaced it. But Jbpd's problem sounds a bit different from that. I wonder if the firmware upgrade didn't complete all the way or something.

Jbpd
31-10-2018, 21:41
Wheel is working fine in game once I got past calibration issue.

However bit hit and miss at the moment getting it to calibrate, but the hands on approach is the only solution at the moment.

Does same when connected to PC aswell.

Definitely worked on PC after update and first time on PS4 - and just put back on PC now I can get past the auto calibrate part and redid the driver / firmware update but it’s still the same.

satco1066
31-10-2018, 23:50
not all firmware seems to be compatible to every wheel mainboard. My 2011 T500 worked great with up to FW43, but newer FWs made problems.
Furtunatelly i have not deleted all my driver downloads, so i could go back to the older version.

Jbpd
05-11-2018, 18:54
Contacted Thrustmaster and as I’m out of warranty they want 55 euro to look at it and will cost 20 euro to post it.

So decided to buy new servo base and typically they are out of stock everywhere.

Another question does anyone know if the rim and pedals from PS4 version work on the tx wheel base for Xbox?

Ixoye56
07-11-2018, 12:49
I will skip this new firmware, my TX wheel works flawless with ver.50, and i have gone over to the dark side (Mac) so i can't upgrade it anyway :cool:

RobPhoboS
07-11-2018, 16:21
I will skip this new firmware, my TX wheel works flawless with ver.50, and i have gone over to the dark side (Mac) so i can't upgrade it anyway :cool:

v53 is fine.
I had v50 until a couple of months ago, don't worry !

bradleyland
09-11-2018, 16:00
Contacted Thrustmaster and as I’m out of warranty they want 55 euro to look at it and will cost 20 euro to post it.

So decided to buy new servo base and typically they are out of stock everywhere.

Another question does anyone know if the rim and pedals from PS4 version work on the tx wheel base for Xbox?

The pedals are 100% interchangeable between T300 wheels.

"Official" support for the wheel depends. For example, the Ferrari Alcantara wheel is compatible with all platforms. So is the F1 wheel, the Sparco rally wheel, the 458 Challenge wheel, etc. Basically, if it's an add-on wheel that you can buy, it's officially compatible with all platforms.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/categories/racing-wheels

I don't know if the PS branded wheel works with the TX base, but I'd bet money it does. The wheelbase is what communicates with the console. The wheel is just a bunch of buttons that talk to the wheelbase.

bradleyland
09-11-2018, 16:01

Just a heads up, you cannot upgrade the firmware using a Windows virtual machine. I tried using Win10 + Parallels and bricked my wheel. I had to borrow my niece's laptop and use bootloader mode. Almost bricked my wheel.

satco1066
09-11-2018, 21:26
I don't know if the PS branded wheel works with the TX base, but I'd bet money it does. The wheelbase is what communicates with the console. The wheel is just a bunch of buttons that talk to the wheelbase.

standard PS branded rims do also work on all other bases, as the firmware for PS or XB is in the base, not the rim. Except the T-GT rim, there seem to be a special mode.
by default all rims are more or less just button controllers with different designs.