PDA

View Full Version : Spirit of Le Mans AI Pitstops Issue

LeMansIndy500
24-09-2018, 21:39
Iím currently doing the practice session for the Spirit of Le Mans Invitational Event (Le Mans 24 Hours on the Vintage Le Mans circuit) and allowing my AI driver to do some laps so I can monitor their lap times with the rest of the field. Iíve come across an issue however where my driver comes in to the pits every 3 or 4 laps or so. There is barely any tyre wear and sufficient fuel in the tank so I donít know why he/she is coming in. Does anybody know why this happens, and if it is something I should look out for in the race? I donít fancy losing a 24 hour race because my driver puts almost non-stop for no reason.

Mahjik
24-09-2018, 22:06
Just keep in mind that AI tire wear is not the same as player tire wear. The AI use a different tire model than the player so you cannot really judge wear from the AI.

satco1066
24-09-2018, 22:38
the only way out of this desaster is to DRIVE ;)

Mahjik
24-09-2018, 22:43
Also in practice I don't believe the AI has a full fuel load.

LeMansIndy500
24-09-2018, 23:06
Just keep in mind that AI tire wear is not the same as player tire wear. The AI use a different tire model than the player so you cannot really judge wear from the AI.

I know, but the tyre wear on the HUD was still more or less full. And I can’t see how the tyres can wear after only 4 laps.

LeMansIndy500
24-09-2018, 23:07

Like the tyre wear, I added a full tank of fuel before the driver change, which was also shown on the HUD.

LeMansIndy500
24-09-2018, 23:08

Ha! I’m going to be doing the full 24 hours so there is no way I can do the entire thing. Even if I do spread it out over a few days.

Mahjik
24-09-2018, 23:08
The physics/setup switch when the AI takes over. It doesn't use the player setup.

cxMilk
25-09-2018, 00:07
Is the weather transitioning? Haven't done that event so don't how its set. The AI co-driver having issues with weather transitions was an issue in pCars1 and I believe the issue is still around for pCars2 (can someone confirm). The AI co-driver can't handle weather transitions properly if it's on the wrong set of tires. If the AI co-driver is on slicks and the weather transitions to wet the AI co-driver will pit to put on a new set of tires, but unfortunately will keep putting slicks on, hence continual pit stops, unless you babysit the pit stops.

However, you mentioned every 3-4 laps, so I suspect this may not be the issue especially at Le Mans. I'd expect pit stops to be every lap on that track for that issue. And, as I said, I'm not 100% certain this issue is still around, but figured I'd throw this out there anyway. Mahjik's theory on AI fuel load sounds more probable.

LeMansIndy500
25-09-2018, 09:38
Is the weather transitioning? Haven't done that event so don't how its set. The AI co-driver having issues with weather transitions was an issue in pCars1 and I believe the issue is still around for pCars2 (can someone confirm). The AI co-driver can't handle weather transitions properly if it's on the wrong set of tires. If the AI co-driver is on slicks and the weather transitions to wet the AI co-driver will pit to put on a new set of tires, but unfortunately will keep putting slicks on, hence continual pit stops, unless you babysit the pit stops.

However, you mentioned every 3-4 laps, so I suspect this may not be the issue especially at Le Mans. I'd expect pit stops to be every lap on that track for that issue. And, as I said, I'm not 100% certain this issue is still around, but figured I'd throw this out there anyway. Mahjik's theory on AI fuel load sounds more probable.

Nope, no weather transitions, but thank you for the heads up on your point. I’ll have to keep an eye on that as well. I’m just hoping it is an issue with the practice session and not the race.

Mahjik
25-09-2018, 13:32
As mentioned earlier, I'm not sure the AI takes on more fuel in practice session than enough for 4-5 laps. If the track is long enough that the AI cannot get 4-5 laps on a tank of fuel, then they will run however many laps they can on the tank. It would be pretty easy to check if you want. Pick a smaller track (something with pits and lap times around 1 minute so it doesn't take long to check) and setup a Quick Race Weekend with a practice session. See how many laps the AI does before coming in.

LeMansIndy500
28-09-2018, 11:02
I just completed the race and thankfully the AI driver pitted when needed, every 20ish laps. Must have just been something with practice.