PDA

View Full Version : Physics.exe has stopped working.

Synystr
27-09-2018, 03:41
DEEEEEstroyed.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/396045098749526017/494713398093938728/Daytona_Lotus_28.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqaVzJC-8DU

Sankyo
27-09-2018, 07:23
So you guys were playing destruction derby? That may result in a situation that is outside the stable working conditions of the collision system.

Tank621
27-09-2018, 12:51
Yeah in normal racing and the light contact that comes with such, there isn't really any issues with collision

Sure there is room for improvement with bigger crashes but nothing that is a significant problem that gets in the way of racing

Mahjik
27-09-2018, 13:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSXCe890Zzg

Apparently, more broken physics...

Cholton82
27-09-2018, 14:00

Looks totally legit to me :cool: !

pyrates
27-09-2018, 15:52
That's the longest crash I have ever seen. Also, why the hell did I watch the whole thing?

Synystr
27-09-2018, 17:09
So you guys were playing destruction derby? That may result in a situation that is outside the stable working conditions of the collision system.

No we were doing an oval race and the guy floating said his car is stuck and his tires were bubbled out.

We then proceeded to try to flip him over, which is the footage you see here.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/315371945

Synystr
27-09-2018, 17:11

This isn't the iracing forum. Go post this there. I just thought it was funny to see the tires ballooned out like that.

Mahjik
27-09-2018, 18:05
This isn't the iracing forum. Go post this there. I just thought it was funny to see the tires ballooned out like that.

You posted a video with the title of "Broken Physics". There are "broken physics" in more titles.

Synystr
27-09-2018, 18:12
You posted a video with the title of "Broken Physics". There are "broken physics" in more titles.

Yea because it was funny that we broke the physics...

Why does this have to be about other titles? Why so defensive?

Mahjik
27-09-2018, 18:28
Yea because it was funny that we broke the physics...

Why does this have to be about other titles? Why so defensive?

When you put a video out that says "Broken Physics", the idea that is being perceived is that you are demonstrating specific "flaws". The rebuttal is that there are similar "flaws" in all racing titles today (some crazier than others). If you don't like having rebuttals, then don't post anything publicly (this is an open forum); or if your intent was for it to be funny then the wording should probably be looked at...

Synystr
27-09-2018, 18:49
When you put a video out that says "Broken Physics", the idea that is being perceived is that you are demonstrating specific "flaws". The rebuttal is that there are similar "flaws" in all racing titles today (some crazier than others). If you don't like having rebuttals, then don't post anything publicly (this is an open forum); or if your intent was for it to be funny then the wording should probably be looked at...

Ehhh... I think you're assuming too much about my supposed "motivations" here.

And wouldn't you agree that a floating car means broken physics?

Mahjik
27-09-2018, 19:01
And wouldn't you agree that a floating car means broken physics?

Broken? No.

The cars getting into a situation the physics don't handle? Sure. However, since these are "racing" titles, most developers don't focus a lot of effort in the servere collision handling which is where all of these scenarios happen. The focus of most of the developers of "racing" titles is more around the "racing".

Synystr
27-09-2018, 19:06
Broken? No.

The cars getting into a situation the physics don't handle? Sure. However, since these are "racing" titles, most developers don't focus a lot of effort in the servere collision handling which is where all of these scenarios happen. The focus of most of the developers of "racing" titles is more around the "racing".

Dude. I'm not saying the physics in general are broken. Sheesh, relax.

I'm saying they are broken in this specific instance.

Mahjik
27-09-2018, 19:23
Dude. I'm not saying the physics in general are broken. Sheesh, relax.

I'm saying they are broken in this specific instance.

"Dude", this is the internet. Unless you post your intentions/meanings, then people will guess and/or assume. However, that doesn't change the fact that just about every sim today gets into a state where the physics go crazy in certain scenarios.

Synystr
27-09-2018, 19:43
Unless you post your intentions/meanings, then people will guess and/or assume.

Not necessarily. Otherwise jokes wouldn't exist. Context matters. And if you assume the motivations of the person before you make a judgement, you are doomed to assume the wrong thing.

Like this for example. You assume I'm trying to destroy this game from the inside by posting it's "flaws"... the game which I help build a league. Because that makes soo much sense. When in reality, I just thought it was funny.

Mahjik
27-09-2018, 19:51
And in there lies the reason for emoticons....

Sampo
27-09-2018, 21:57
For what it's worth, seeing the title I expected another video showing something wrong with the physics in the game. Watching the video, I thought it was in good humor.

Synystr
27-09-2018, 22:14
For what it's worth, seeing the title I expected another video showing something wrong with the physics in the game. Watching the video, I thought it was in good humor.

That's was my mission lol

cpcdem
27-09-2018, 22:16

Exactly the opposite here :) Reading the thread title I thought it was a humor thing, but when I saw the title of the video, then I thought it was serious!

Sampo
27-09-2018, 22:29
I didn't even notice the title of the video. That would go into the "showing something wrong with the physics in the game" category too. The video itself was not that serious.

Edit: It doesn't really matter :)