PDA

View Full Version : Turning Off Traction Control

jesse buckingham
29-09-2018, 05:51
How is traction control turned off on the Porsche 911 GT3 R and where is 'steering assist' in the set up. Even with traction control on 100% (higher values = less traction control :confused:) it still indicates that it is on in the leaderboard.

blinkngone
29-09-2018, 08:11
How is traction control turned off on the Porsche 911 GT3 R and where is 'steering assist' in the set up. Even with traction control on 100% (higher values = less traction control :confused:) it still indicates that it is on in the leaderboard.

Mad Al
29-09-2018, 09:21
Just make sure you use authentic assists and have a button assigned to turn TC on/off (it's cycles of/low/high), you can see in the hud when it's on.. see in the controls, edit assignments.

jesse buckingham
29-09-2018, 16:46
Just make sure you use authentic assists and have a button assigned to turn TC on/off (it's cycles of/low/high), you can see in the hud when it's on.. see in the controls, edit assignments.

Thanks for that. By the by, what's the general view on using steering assist in TT?

cluck
30-09-2018, 12:49
Thanks for that. By the by, what's the general view on using steering assist in TT?As per your other thread, use whatever assists you want and ignore what other people are using. Everybody has their own driving style and so, for some, assists can make them faster and more consistent but like one person's setup won't suit another, it is not for everyone. Personally, I use whatever assists I'm comfortable with and that means I do switch some of the real assists off from time to time (Stabliity Control being the one I always turn off in road cars in-game, for example) but if someone wants to use steering assist then I'll be one of the last in line to say they shouldn't.

Franco Ferrari
01-10-2018, 07:31
Even with traction control on 100% (higher values = less traction control :confused:)

Just to be clear: the percentage you're referring to is the amount of tyre slippage allowed not the strength of the traction control, so yes: a value of 100% means basically no traction control.
Even though, as long as the TC function is active, the game considers it enabled even if the amount of allowed slippage is 100%.

CSL-Drive
03-10-2018, 22:34
Just to be clear: the percentage you're referring to is the amount of tyre slippage allowed not the strength of the traction control, so yes: a value of 100% means basically no traction control.
Even though, as long as the TC function is active, the game considers it enabled even if the amount of allowed slippage is 100%.
Yeah like forumla 1 '18 you can see a purple light turn on when the rear or front slips, so that would then be a case 100% tc.