PDA

View Full Version : The Future of Project Cars...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Michael Preukschat
03-10-2018, 21:46
Hello
Does anyone know more about the future of PC?
What about version 3?
Can one "participate" in the development again?

Thanks and regards

attaGee
04-10-2018, 00:45
There are so much cars and tracks to be added in PC2 at least sometime.

The graphical base of the game is one of the bestest ever so maybe that's at least one highly noticeable point to just continue of the content for the PC2 before getting in the new one.
And maybe the GT3 fanatics are going to ACC but that's for all :D If I'm understanding this right, they are (ACC) sticking in the series of the Blancpain GT and that series for only.

In other hand, I am myself enjoying the very beast and super cool road cars and everything between drifting / racing cars and of course sometimes simply racing/practising something weird with the AI in any weather I want.
Just spending my time in the quality simulator.

So just simply continuing the content of the PC2 would be the ace in hole! :yes: :cool:

Chikane
04-10-2018, 08:34
I think what's holding the announcement of pcars 3 is the next gen consoles till there announce pcars 3 won't be.

sisollazzo
04-10-2018, 09:50

The graphical base of the game is one of the bestest ever so maybe that's at least one highly noticeable point to just continue of the content for the PC2 before getting in the new one.
And maybe the GT3 fanatics are going to ACC but that's for all :D If I'm understanding this right, they are (ACC) sticking in the series of the Blancpain GT and that series for only.

In other hand, I am myself enjoying the very beast and super cool road cars and everything between drifting / racing cars and of course sometimes simply racing/practising something weird with the AI in any weather I want.

So just simply continuing the content of the PC2 would be the ace in hole! :yes: :cool:

A big one update is enough. This should be sold as pc3!

satco1066
04-10-2018, 09:54
i hope there will be only invitations to busy WMD1/2 members and constructive forum members.
Over 2000 WMD2 members, but only about 100 were actively participating discussions or testing and give feedback.
( yes, dear consoleiros, i know, unfortunatelly you could not test )
So many members wrote their first post some weeks before release , asking " where is my key? ".
What a shame ;)

beatrunner
04-10-2018, 09:55
The future of PC2 is in our own hands: keep using and enjoying it...I dont need anything new or additional in it to enjoy other 1000s of hours of racing fun and adrenalin pushing mp-sessions

Mrocz
04-10-2018, 10:08
I hope we will see PC3 when next generation will come. For now i would prefer expanding Project Cars 2. Game is near perfect.

sisollazzo
04-10-2018, 11:52
The future of PC2 is in our own hands: keep using and enjoying it...I dont need anything new or additional in it to enjoy other 1000s of hours of racing fun and adrenalin pushing mp-sessions

Of course not, we need only updates. E.g a big career update. The drive feeling is amazing. We need more gameplay for the career.

Rodders
04-10-2018, 12:10
I'd love to see it get new tracks and I and many others I know would gladly pay for them. Also it would be great to see further solid development of the game to refine it. However I've seen nothing that says more tracks or much significant development of PCars2 is likely to happen unfortunately.

In fact direct SMS interaction on this forum has been, so far as I can see, non-existent for months now which says to me the teams have largely moved on already to other work.

Stewy32
04-10-2018, 15:55
i hope there will be only invitations to busy WMD1/2 members and constructive forum members.
Over 2000 WMD2 members, but only about 100 were actively participating discussions or testing and give feedback.
So many members wrote their first post some weeks before release , asking " where is my key? ".
What a shame ;)

If me and my console could test,I'd be right in and up for it.I think my post count proves I am active enough.

beatrunner
04-10-2018, 15:59
A career update is not going to happen. But isnt driving against other humans THE THING to do?...have not finished a single career race because racing AI is just not for me.

Konan
04-10-2018, 16:12
A career update is not going to happen. But isnt driving against other humans THE THING to do?...have not finished a single career race because racing AI is just not for me.

Not for you maybe but you'd be surprised of how many play career (only)... Me for instance.

Konan
04-10-2018, 16:15
If me and my console could test,I'd be right in and up for it.I think my post count proves I am active enough.

True but if half your posts are silly remarks like mine are,that doesn't really count...LOL

GenBrien
04-10-2018, 16:34
What a shame ;)

Like OP that is at his 1st post, on a topic that already exist on the dedicated subforum for WMD members....:rolleyes:

Keena
04-10-2018, 16:40

Tried that. Single player all the way for me- the AI ironically are more realistic than the standard that i would expect in professional racing of some (not all) human players that Ive experienced.

ATSS
04-10-2018, 16:53
Not for you maybe but you'd be surprised of how many play career (only)... Me for instance.

Why you not play multi? Just asking. I find it more fun, even when there are some punts while racing. :D

Konan
04-10-2018, 17:38
Why you not play multi? Just asking. I find it more fun, even when there are some punts while racing. :D

Because i'm basically an offline player only...i've been used to it for decades.
When my generation started gaming (in my case Pong) there was no such thing as online play...so i'm used to playing games on my own.
I do have a one year PS Plus subscription (which was gifted to me BTW) but until now i haven't dared going online yet...i'm saving it for Wreckfest where i can do no harm when i crash into someone LOL

r3c14im3r
04-10-2018, 17:41
What a shame ;)

I understand the sentiment here but I dislike the idea of invite only a lot because it kind of defeats the point of "Community" Assisted Racing Sim. I kept seeing this idea being touted on the WMD2 forum after leaks which is frustrating when it turns out to be members who have bought in to WMD but contributed nothing. At the same time If you're all going to create a circle jerk with long term or regular forum contributors only then you are going to end up closing WMD off from a lot of the sim community who may be able to contribute new and fresh ideas and who knows the kind of people you might end up shutting out by making it an invite to specific people only kind of deal.

I hope WMD3 if it happens is open to anyone willing to buy in to it just as it was with WMD2... Even maybe invite the few people who contributed to WMD2 a lot and then open it up to others? I just hope more people who are genuinely interested in contributing to future development sign up this time instead of a lot of people looking for some sort of personal gain or people who just wanted access to pCARS2 earlier than others.

Konan
04-10-2018, 17:49
I just hope more people who are genuinely interested in contributing to future development sign up this time instead of a lot of people looking for some sort of personal gain or people who just wanted access to pCARS2 earlier than others.

Which is exactly why it's not a bad idea to make it invite only...with the added suggestion that those invites should go out to "regular" active and contributing forum members as well,not just stick to former WMD members...
Just my 2 cents...

Edit:Which is exactly what Satco said really...LOL

cpcdem
04-10-2018, 17:52
Which is exactly why it's not a bad idea to make it invite only...with the added suggestion that those invites should go out to "regular" active and contributing forum members as well,not just stick to former WMD members...
Just my 2 cents...

Agreed, and hopefully including also members who are openly critical of several aspects of the game :)

Konan
04-10-2018, 17:53
Agreed, and hopefully including also members who are openly critical of several aspects of the game :)

That goes without saying...as long as the criticism contributes to the development...

ELAhrairah
04-10-2018, 18:04
- open pcars2 for mods
- announce pcars3 until a very good base has been placed to really show us something
- pcars 3: partner up with a real life well known and exiting race class. Less is more.
- end the pcars2 development with a bang. Give us an unannounced final DLC with 1 track (Interlagos) and a few cars.

r3c14im3r
04-10-2018, 18:08
Just my 2 cents...

Edit:Which is exactly what Satco said really...LOL

It's not a bad idea but it's not exactly an ideal solution either which is why i'm not a fan of this idea, I'm sure Vittorio said that they (SMS) had a few ideas up their sleeve with WMD3 but it wouldn't be invite only so I hope they can come up with a good solution while keeping it open to anyone who wants to jump in and contribute otherwise it's going to become a bit of an exclusive group of people. That was before release though so who knows, things may change and it may be invite only... Either way, as long as there is a pCARS3 i'm happy lol.

Konan
04-10-2018, 18:08
Less is more.

I still have to find evidence of that IRL...let alone in games...:p

Stewy32
04-10-2018, 18:09
- open pcars2 for mods
- announce pcars3 until a very good base has been placed to really show us something
- pcars 3: partner up with a real life well known and exiting race class. Less is more.
- end the pcars2 development with a bang. Give us an unannounced final DLC with 1 track (Interlagos) and a few cars.

Mods means the end of proper eSports
And one of the joys of PC2 is the amount of classes.I wouldn't want only one series.Maybe have a few officially licensed series, but I don't want to lose the variety we have now.

Konan
04-10-2018, 18:10
It's not a bad idea but it's not exactly an ideal solution either which is why i'm not a fan of this idea, I'm sure Vittorio said that they (SMS) had a few ideas up their sleeve with WMD3 but it wouldn't be invite only so I hope they can come up with a good solution while keeping it open to anyone who wants to jump in and contribute otherwise it's going to become a bit of an exclusive group of people. That was before release though so who knows, things may change and it may be invite only... Either way, as long as there is a pCARS3 i'm happy lol.

Agreed....and before anything is announced we'll have to wait and see...

Keena
04-10-2018, 18:13
I still have to find evidence of that IRL...let alone in games...:p

Communication in a marriage.. ;)

Urban Chaos 2.0
04-10-2018, 18:14
Mods means the end of proper eSports
And one of the joys of PC2 is the amount of classes.I wouldn't want only one series.Maybe have a few officially licensed series, but I don't want to lose the variety we have now.

Mods also means: Unrealistic garbage being pumped out by an incompetent fanbase of videogamers, the vast majority of whom, have no idea how cars work. No. No mods. Ever. This is a driving simulator. Mods will dilute that experience. It's also a really bad business move to allow mods.

ELAhrairah
04-10-2018, 18:50
Mods also means: Unrealistic garbage being pumped out by an incompetent fanbase of videogamers, the vast majority of whom, have no idea how cars work. No. No mods. Ever. This is a driving simulator. Mods will dilute that experience. It's also a really bad business move to allow mods.

So because of your phobia for mods you force it upon others?

awaite85
04-10-2018, 18:52
I doubt they will add anything else to the game as we have reached the 1 year mark, but yes I would love to see some expansions of this game along with occasional bug fixes. PC3 can wait till next gen system.

Austin Ogonoski
04-10-2018, 18:55

Ironically, SMS as a company started out as a mod team creating stuff for F1 2002.

But I do agree with your overall point in that tons of mods are just straight garbage. People like to say AC's mod scene is what's keeping the game alive & thriving but for so many years it was just w**k rFactor rips with slapped together car physics & low quality track meshes.

ELAhrairah
04-10-2018, 19:04
Ironically, SMS as a company started out as a mod team creating stuff for F1 2002.

But I do agree with your overall point in that tons of mods are just straight garbage. People like to say AC's mod scene is what's keeping the game alive & thriving but for so many years it was just wank rFactor rips with slapped together car physics & low quality track meshes.

Have you ever tried the F12018 rss hybrid F1 mod for AC?
There are quality mods out there. People like to focus on bad mods who do exist but hey I've driven a few debatable cars in Pcars2 too.

sisollazzo
04-10-2018, 19:15
So because of your phobia for mods you force it upon others?

Mod are bad

Urban Chaos 2.0
04-10-2018, 20:18
Have you ever tried the F12018 rss hybrid F1 mod for AC?
There are quality mods out there. People like to focus on bad mods who do exist but hey I've driven a few debatable cars in Pcars2 too.

From a guy who's never driven a Hybrid F1 car, likely never will, and has no idea how they should behave, judging by your fondness for AC's Hybrid F1 mod :p.

AC mods are garbage. Even more-so than the garbage in the base game.

cluck
04-10-2018, 22:17
Mod are badI dunno, I quite like them. Bealdor's a terrific chap and Konan seems pretty nice too. Mahjik sent me a baseball cap in return for some screenshots, so I'll never have a bad word to say about him! Sankyo, I dunno, he's Dutch so you can't really trust him ;). The less said about RacingTypos the better.

satco1066
05-10-2018, 00:13
I dont't care for more cars or tracks if the quality is poor or its stolen from other games, like most of the content mods.

What i'd lik to see are,
external control of UI e.g. for replays, Broadcaster w/o additional Racedirector licence
UI Mods for HUD system , plug in interfaces, more open data interface
Multi livery support with automatic upload , e.g. with Steam Workshop items
Interface for external scripting of OCs, in that case on/offline would be the same. Would also give ability for new carrer scenarios.
Profiles in XML or js format.
and some more ;)

Yorke
05-10-2018, 04:13

Ya I am offline only at the moment, I've raced online and in league's and got taken out continually in both. To the point I walked away for many months and took a break, just got fed up with it. I would love to be able to setup my own championship, a Custom Championship addition would be huge.

ELAhrairah
06-10-2018, 09:42
From a guy who's never driven a Hybrid F1 car, likely never will, and has no idea how they should behave, judging by your fondness for AC's Hybrid F1 mod :p.

This is an ignorant comment. It fails in many many ways. But hey my point was just because you hate mods so much, doesn't mean you have to install them on your base game. Just leave 'm but don't make that decision for people who want to build mods or play them.

Konan
06-10-2018, 09:49

We like to think we are better then to bash on other games over here so please refrain from that in future...

Konan
06-10-2018, 09:50
Konan seems pretty nice too.

...seems? ;)

Stewy32
06-10-2018, 10:13
If mods get added, I'd like to see some sort of quality control somehow.But that's impossible so no mods to the game(not falling for that one Cluck) would be my opinion.

Stewy32
06-10-2018, 10:14
...seems? ;)

Until we see you IRL, for all you know you might be a terrible person.

You might even, and I don't know if I'll get blocked for putting it, you might even...

Not like Pork Pie!

Stewy32
06-10-2018, 10:17
I'd say around 10% of mods are A* or A.Another 15-20% are B or C, so passable,then the rest are D of E, not to the standard of the actual content, with 10% F or G, so substandard they are horrible.

Most mods are sort of ok, just not up to the standard of actual content so people think they are bad.

And some mods are incredible.

Easy thing to spot a good mod: Is it used by any large groups and/or communities?

Konan
06-10-2018, 10:20
Until we see you IRL, for all you know you might be a terrible person.

You might even, and I don't know if I'll get blocked for putting it, you might even...

Not like Pork Pie!

Well i like pork and i like pie... Never had pork pie though...

Markus Ott
06-10-2018, 10:41
All I want to know is where the franchise is going. For eSports sim racing as a long term service game or even an online service like iRacing that runs and generates money for years and focuses on quality or another hybrid lost between PC and console jack of all trades master of none title for the fast big money that wants to compete with quantity.

Konan
06-10-2018, 10:47
for the fast big money that wants to compete with quantity.

A year's worth (and AFAIK still going) of support hardly qualifies as "fast big money"...

RacingAtHome
06-10-2018, 10:48

Not like Pork Pie!
Or even, like Marmite.

Urban Chaos 2.0
06-10-2018, 10:51
This is an ignorant comment. It fails in many many ways. But hey my point was just because you hate mods so much, doesn't mean you have to install them on your base game. Just leave 'm but don't make that decision for people who want to build mods or play them.

It's not at all ignorant, I assure you. As for the modding: No. It will ruin the atmosphere of this fantastic sim, and adversely affect the Project Cars IP. Again: No. I won't change my opinion. One more time: No.;)

Boneboys
06-10-2018, 10:51
Pork pie = + ou - patť au crute.
Add baked beans & mash and you have a traditional british meal.
Not sure where PC2 is going but my pet hate is the MP system (PC).

Bon appťtite pour le francophones... :eek:

I should add that pork pies (or porkies) is also cockney slang for lies.

Markus Ott
06-10-2018, 10:56
A year's worth (and AFAIK still going) of support hardly qualifies as "fast big money"...

Depends what you compare it against. Just because pcars2 is a year old doesn't mean it generated money in the last six months as in the first six months. Obviously sales numbers even in the first six months didn't justify to keep support up for any longer besides critical patches. Compare that to sims like R3E, rF2 and iRacing which are running between 5 to 10 years already these guys never generated money like pcars but still enough to make them run for so long without starving. I am interested for sim racing to become a more established eSports genre, but if you want to do that you can not stop supporting the game after a year and leave it behind. You need a longer lived vision to provide a solid and trustworthy basis for the teams to rely on. pCARS so far doesn't do that. Basicly more the contrary.

David Wright
06-10-2018, 11:35
Depends what you compare it against. Just because pcars2 is a year old doesn't mean it generated money in the last six months as in the first six months. Obviously sales numbers even in the first six months didn't justify to keep support up for any longer besides critical patches. Compare that to sims like R3E, rF2 and iRacing which are running between 5 to 10 years already these guys never generated money like pcars but still enough to make them run for so long without starving. I am interested for sim racing to become a more established eSports genre, but if you want to do that you can not stop supporting the game after a year and leave it behind. You need a longer lived vision to provide a solid and trustworthy basis for the teams to rely on. pCARS so far doesn't do that.

You pays your money and you take your choice.

By simracing development team size, SMS are a large team - very large compared to Sector3 or Studio397. The benefits of the large team are you get a huge number of cars and tracks for your money, you get a state of the art graphics engine and a feature list (dynamic track, weather, day/night transition, dirt physics) that no other sim can match. The downside is that long term sales and DLC isn't enough to fund the large team. They need to move on to a new title.

You have to decide whether on-going support is worth the trade off in terms of ageing graphics, thinner feature lists, less supplied content and more expensive DLC (and a subscription in the case of iRacing).

Or of course you can opt for several sims and enjoy their strengths and put up with their shortcomings.

Edit: for me this issue isn't on-going support, I am perfectly happy for support and DLC to end after a year. My issue is they haven't fixed all the issues in those 12 months.

sisollazzo
06-10-2018, 11:53
Depends what you compare it against. Just because pcars2 is a year old doesn't mean it generated money in the last six months as in the first six months. Obviously sales numbers even in the first six months didn't justify to keep support up for any longer besides critical patches. Compare that to sims like R3E, rF2 and iRacing which are running between 5 to 10 years already these guys never generated money like pcars but still enough to make them run for so long without starving. I am interested for sim racing to become a more established eSports genre, but if you want to do that you can not stop supporting the game after a year and leave it behind. You need a longer lived vision to provide a solid and trustworthy basis for the teams to rely on. pCARS so far doesn't do that. Basicly more the contrary.

Therefore sms make a big update and next year they sell it as pc3.

Stewy32
06-10-2018, 12:19

I'm dissappointed.

Keena
06-10-2018, 12:27

You need to come to the Uk, find a proper butcher and buy a real proper pork pie. Until then Konan, im afraid you really havent lived. For desert, you need to head down to Cornwall and buy a large steak pasty. Then we can talk.. ;)

ELAhrairah
06-10-2018, 12:48
It's not at all ignorant, I assure you. As for the modding: No. It will ruin the atmosphere of this fantastic sim, and adversely affect the Project Cars IP. Again: No. I won't change my opinion. One more time: No.;)

Listen I am not telling you to change your opinion. You can take your opinion out for dinner and make love to it afterwards. I don't care. Just don't force that thing on me.

UkHardcore23
06-10-2018, 14:41
Therefore sms make a big update and next year they sell it as pc3.

I would put my house on being no PCARS 3 in a year! Maybe 6-12 months into nxt-gen of consoles life.

Stewy32
06-10-2018, 15:42
I would put my house on being no PCARS 3 in a year! Maybe 6-12 months into nxt-gen of consoles life.

I would guess late 2020 at earliest.

amazed
06-10-2018, 17:18

When cold, goes well with Coleslaw, for a picnic....

Konan
06-10-2018, 17:20
When cold, goes well with Coleslaw, for a picnic....

I only do bbq's outdoor though...:p

Keena
06-10-2018, 17:44
I only do bbq's outdoor though...:p

Konan
06-10-2018, 17:46
Looks just like me...big on the outside with little content...LOL

Urban Chaos 2.0
06-10-2018, 18:59
Listen I am not telling you to change your opinion. You can take your opinion out for dinner and make love to it afterwards. I don't care. Just don't force that thing on me.

Haha. It'd amuse me for you to try and justify that sentiment, because I think you're barking up the wrong tree with it. Your definition of "forcing something" upon you, is the expression on my part, of a well-reasoned argument against the modding of a simulator by people who will produce large quantities of crap, dilute the sim, and hurt business? I might as well start complaining, as you are, about your opinions. Especially, given that all you have to defend them is "don't force it on me". You cannot otherwise provide a counter-argument, and that's not a good thing. If you want mods, you're welcome to feel that way. As I am welcome to the fact-based belief that mods are BAD for Project Cars. I don't at all think it's worth continuing to talk about it with you though, so... have fun ;).

Cheers

Urban Chaos 2.0
06-10-2018, 19:07
I just, like most people, want to see a completely different and dramatically enhanced career mode, as well as multiplayer fixes and feature additions for Project Cars 3. Project Cars 2 DLC, if possible.

Keena
06-10-2018, 19:19
Being able to mod ai characteristics, equipment in pits, stuff like that- worth thinking about perhaps.

ELAhrairah
07-10-2018, 13:09
Haha. It'd amuse me for you to try and justify that sentiment, because I think you're barking up the wrong tree with it. Your definition of "forcing something" upon you, is the expression on my part, of a well-reasoned argument against the modding of a simulator by people who will produce large quantities of crap, dilute the sim, and hurt business? I might as well start complaining, as you are, about your opinions. Especially, given that all you have to defend them is "don't force it on me". You cannot otherwise provide a counter-argument, and that's not a good thing. If you want mods, you're welcome to feel that way. As I am welcome to the fact-based belief that mods are BAD for Project Cars. I don't at all think it's worth continuing to talk about it with you though, so... have fun ;).

Cheers

Arguing with you would be like arguing with someone who doesn't like green pants. My argument is simple. If you don't like green pants, don't wear them.
But your reaction and opinion is far more radical. Your hate for mods in the game goes so far that you forcibly forbid it for others too.
I have one simple argument for mods: it increases the life span of a game. That's a rock solid argument. I would willingly take 80 or 90 % of bad mods for the few that do impress.
My second argument for modding is that it is a tradtion amongst sim racers I hate to see end. Many passionate modders would love to get their hands on pcars2. But at the moment it still is very difficult and impossible.

Urban Chaos 2.0
07-10-2018, 13:26
Project Cars 3 needs to look this good:

Oh wait, nevermind... Project Cars 2 pretty much looks the same or better ;) --> http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50820-Project-CARS-2-Screenshots/page220

Stewy32
07-10-2018, 13:34
How about mods are added to PC2 when it is 2 years old ,and that way everyone is happy(ish).

Chikane
07-10-2018, 13:45

Oh wait, nevermind... Project Cars 2 pretty much looks the same or better ;) --> http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50820-Project-CARS-2-Screenshots/page220

lol my OG PS4 disagree's with you

Urban Chaos 2.0
07-10-2018, 13:52
How about mods are added to PC2 when it is 2 years old ,and that way everyone is happy(ish).

Lol no. No mods. Ever :mad:. Thankfully I'm pretty sure SMS is sensible enough to agree with me ;).

Urban Chaos 2.0
07-10-2018, 13:54
lol my OG PS4 disagree's with you

Haha, you need a PC. Project Cars 2 maxed out, at 1440p looks very good.

ELAhrairah
07-10-2018, 13:59

Modding is already possible but it is for most people a too complex thing to do. If SMS just opened up their game a bit more, like in pcars1 was the case, everyone would be happy. At the moment even just something as simple as adding multiple liveries is impossible.

Chikane
07-10-2018, 14:04
Haha, you need a PC. Project Cars 2 maxed out, at 1440p looks very good.

Agree and i'm saving up for one i'm just not there yet :D

Stewy32
07-10-2018, 15:29
Modding is already possible but it is for most people a too complex thing to do. If SMS just opened up their game a bit more, like in pcars1 was the case, everyone would be happy. At the moment even just something as simple as adding multiple liveries is impossible.

I'd like to see mods.txt but that is it I think for me.

UkHardcore23
07-10-2018, 17:09

Sure in photo mode it looks great but In gameplay PCARS 2 has got to look that good on nxt gen consoles. Too many ai cars look very poor when racing and transform way too much and only when your 3ft away from them do they look decent.

Edit: pcars 3 has got to look that good not 2 lol

ProDriver
07-10-2018, 18:33
I don't like to mods. Despite of the fact that there are really good mods, I always want original and contrasted content in order to the other content.

ELAhrairah
07-10-2018, 20:22
I don't like to mods. Despite of the fact that there are really good mods, I always want original and contrasted content in order to the other content.

Okay great. THAN DON'T INSTALL A MOD.
Wauw hey what an idea. Who could have thought that. If you don't like something and its all up to you to install it or not... Well hey don't install it!

But wait. That's not your problem. Your problem is that you don't want OTHER PEOPLE to install a mod.
Because that ruins the game for you. Other people playing around with mods makes you go yuck.
Well, I find that to be a simple case of tiranny.

r200ti
07-10-2018, 20:42
I saw a new shape civic type R in an online game last night - is this where that came from?

Urban Chaos 2.0
07-10-2018, 21:13
Wauw hey what an idea. Who could have thought that. If you don't like something and its all up to you to install it or not... Well hey don't install it!

But wait. That's not your problem. Your problem is that you don't want OTHER PEOPLE to install a mod.
Because that ruins the game for you. Other people playing around with mods makes you go yuck.

Maybe it'll help to be more clear: Enabling mods will wreck this sim, tarnish SMS's ability to work properly with license holders, and mess with SMS's business model to a very detrimental effect. Mods will also wreck this sim for those of us who understand the pitfalls. Whether we install them or not. There's nothing that stops you from learning how to hack a game and installing mods yourself. Go ahead and knock yourself out. No one is forcing anything on you. Rather: It is you who are trying to force onto us, all the nonsense that comes with flooding a great sim with poor quality content, and ruining the prospects of its future development in a direction of quality.

If you want mods, go play Assetto Corsa and rFactor 2 :rolleyes:. They have plenty of quality mods there [sarcasm]. I wonder why you're here, bothering SMS about mods, when mods have made those games so great [sarcasm].

Only additional response I'll give. Beyond this, I won't read what you've got to say about mods, sorry. I am thankful though, that I can sleep at night knowing that SMS will not accept your demands ;). They know well and truly that allowing mods for Project Cars 2 is a nonsensical idea.

MarsMarineris
08-10-2018, 10:13
I would like to see complete stats of every car I race on every tracks instead of just the top three. In such a carefully crafted game, it seems like an overview and it shouldn't be that hard to implement.

FxUK
08-10-2018, 14:54
I saw a new shape civic type R in an online game last night - is this where that came from?

The Civic Type R (2016) is in game.
https://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars/

Mod's usually won't work in MP unless everybody has the same mod, not sure how that would work in PC2 though, since it doesn't support modding, unlike AC...

Stewy32
08-10-2018, 15:12

I have to agree with you all on this.

I only have one slight issue with mods...that for someone who doesn't have mods installed it reduces the online games they can take part in.And also it leaves out us console players.

ELAhrairah
08-10-2018, 16:04
I live to unmask simple rhetoric. Because it gives me a good feeling to leave the world informed instead of fed with lies and emotional gotspe based on pseudo arguments.

Fact 1 that was presented:

Maybe it'll help to be more clear: Enabling mods will wreck this sim, tarnish SMS's ability to work properly with license holders, and mess with SMS's business model to a very detrimental effect. Mods will also wreck this sim for those of us who understand the pitfalls. Whether we install them or not.

This is a combination Half-Truths and Blunt Lies. Pure hyperbolic FALSE rhetoric.
Why?
Well let's take an example from reality and see it matches with the presented argument.

1. Pcars had modded cars, liveries, etc. Did it ruin SMS, the businessmodel etc.? No, it didn't.
2. Assetto Corsa has even more mods. Entire circuits, weather systems, cars, championships etc etc. Dit it ruin the future of AC? No and not only that, it did the EXACT opposite. It prolonged its lifespan. It created entire leagues, RSS Hybrid F1 leagues, GT3 leagues, Classic leagues etc.
3. rFactor. How old is this game? What is keeping it alive? What made it so populair? I will leave the answers up to you.

Presented Fact 2:

There's nothing that stops you from learning how to hack a game and installing mods yourself. Go ahead and knock yourself out. No one is forcing anything on you. Rather: It is you who are trying to force onto us, all the nonsense that comes with flooding a great sim with poor quality content, and ruining the prospects of its future development in a direction of quality.

- Again, a blunt lie. I am not, and I will repeat, I AM NOT FORCING ANYONE TO INSTALL MODS OR TO ENGAGE IN MODDING THE GAME. My opinion is simply for SMS to make the game more "modding friendly".
This way talentful race sim modders, some maybe even future race sim developers, can use their creativity to create more out of something that is already present. And someone like me can enjoy it. That is allowed. It's not like only modding capable people are allowed to play with modded content. That stance goes against the entire modding mantra and spirit. Modding is FROM the community and FOR the community. And if you like some of the content you can even support the devs by small donations etc. Modding made Pcars1 way more interesting. It gave us multiple liveries, multiple grids etc. There are many many grateful people here for that. Don't think that I stand alone in this.

And last this:

Only additional response I'll give. Beyond this, I won't read what you've got to say about mods, sorry.

What can I say? How old are you?

ELAhrairah
08-10-2018, 16:11
I have to agree with you all on this.

I only have one slight issue with mods...that for someone who doesn't have mods installed it reduces the online games they can take part in.And also it leaves out us console players.

Great, you are not affected if this game is opened more for mods! You have a console.
I can only say that mods can add a lot of life to a racing sim. If you like to drive your mod online: join a league or if you just like to drive around offline, that you can do too. You will only need a PC and a developer who does not encrypt the game like hell.

Konan
08-10-2018, 16:13
Guys can you knock it off with the mods discussion please...this is going nowhere fast...

ELAhrairah
08-10-2018, 16:16
Guys can you knock it off with the mods discussion please...this is going nowhere fast...

I hate lies. But I'm OUT.

Mahjik
08-10-2018, 16:17
I hate lies. But I'm OUT.

It's not lies, it's his opinion. You don't have to agree, but he is entitled to believe what he wants.

Keena
08-10-2018, 16:19
Arma 3 and Skyrim are my other go to games. In the case of arma3 they have a really good system where you can set the game to automatically set up mods for servers that use them, and battleye stops cheating mods. I typically have about 30 mods running in that game that enhance the immersion for me- tidal system, ambient noises in houses, animals in the countryside etc. Skyrim i run about 40 that do the same.

I guess it boils down to what is modable- from a purely personal perspective i can see the merits of the arguments that both you chaps are putting forward. There is a risk that mods can ruin gameplay too.

But then tgats down to the individual in the two titles I list. In pc2 i would love some mods like different ambient files in garages, equipment in garages, to be able to tweak wet friction levels (which i think are currently unrealistic) etc. In single player no problem. In multiplayer it would be a different story unless theres a clear split between client side and server side mods.

Who knows. Interesting conversation though.

ELAhrairah
08-10-2018, 16:23
It's not lies, it's his opinion. You don't have to agree, but he is entitled to believe what he wants.

He placed words in my mouth that I did not speak. I am not forcing anyone to install mods or to play with them. His exact quote is "Rather: It is you who are trying to force onto us,"

I would appreciate it Mahjik if you do not take sides in an argument you have no stake in, especially in one in which I have proof of a FALSE statement that I opposed in civilized human language. You are supposed to be an objective party.

Mahjik
08-10-2018, 16:28
I would appreciate it Mahjik if you do not take sides in an argument you have no stake in,

ELAhrairah, you are walking on thin ice.

DO NOT attempt to tell moderators what they should or should not do on this forum. People are entitled to have opinions regardless if others agree with them or not. People are entitled to have open discussions about differences as long as they don't take them too far (as what is going on right now). When things go too far, moderators WILL step in an put a stop to it (one way or another).

ELAhrairah
08-10-2018, 16:39
ELAhrairah, you are walking on thin ice.

DO NOT attempt to tell moderators what they should or should not do on this forum. People are entitled to have opinions regardless if others agree with them or not. People are entitled to have open discussions about differences as long as they don't take them too far (as what is going on right now). When things go too far, moderators WILL step in an put a stop to it (one way or another).

I already stated that I'm out. I respect Konan's authority. Why did you have to emphasize that I was in the wrong (according to you)?

Am I allowed to ask this question or do I risk an ip ban?

Mahjik
08-10-2018, 16:44
I already stated that I'm out. I respect Konan's authority. Why did you have to emphasize that I was in the wrong (according to you)?

Where was it stated 'you' were wrong? You posted back that he posted "lies". "Lies" can be (and often are when conversing online) confused with "opinions". People who consistently get into online arguments are usually view those as the same. What he posted was his opinion of how he interprets your post. Since you view his interpretation as not what you are representing, you call them lies but they are just his opinion. Sometimes it's just fine to agree to disagree.

ELAhrairah
08-10-2018, 16:53
Where was it stated 'you' were wrong? You posted back that he posted "lies". "Lies" can be (and often are when conversing online) confused with "opinions". People who consistently get into online arguments are usually view those as the same. What he posted was his opinion of how he interprets your post. Since you view his interpretation as not what you are representing, you call them lies but they are just his opinion. Sometimes it's just fine to agree to disagree.

I did not say that every statement he made was a lie. He had 1 statement that was false, about something I never said but he pinned it on me.
I'm really dissapointed that people get away with that type of behavior.
And I already respected Konan's decision. He was right to stop it. The discussion was over and took over this post. It is your reaction I do not agree with. Not the mods. Don't put the mods against me. That's a trick I will not accept.
And if you want to ban me? Go ahead. I have a clean conscience.

Urban Chaos 2.0
08-10-2018, 17:49
Hahahaha. I'm glad I didn't waste my time reading ELAhrairah's posts, because it seems he got emotional and began insulting people (as people usually do when they don't know what they're talking about) ;). Anyway, it's all good. No tears on my end :D.

Konan
08-10-2018, 17:51
Hahahaha. I'm glad I didn't waste my time reading ELAhrairah's posts, because it seems he got emotional and began insulting people (as people usually do when they don't know what they're talking about) ;). Anyway, it's all good. No tears on my end :D.

There is absolutely no need for a comment like that...especially not after i asked you guys to quit.

Keena
08-10-2018, 19:15
Its a real shame to read this thread. Perhaps somebody could help it get back to greener pastures, or edit it or something..

Anybody got any good gossip on what SMS have got in store for PC3, future dlc or anything else exciting?

Konan
08-10-2018, 19:52
I think what's holding the announcement of pcars 3 is the next gen consoles till there announce pcars 3 won't be.

That would be a logical explanation yes...in order for pCARS to stay innovative and implementing new stuff there is really a need for more powerful consoles...
And yes (before someone comes up with the argument)i know pc's are powerful enough as is but this is after all a multi platform sim and should stay that way...

Keena
08-10-2018, 19:56
Perhaps there's a window to diversify while we wait.. im guessing theyre not playing office olympics at the SMS studios but are instead all heads down in some project or other.. i wonder what it might be ;)

Konan
08-10-2018, 19:58
Perhaps there's a window to diversify while we wait.. im guessing theyre not playing office olympics at the SMS studios but are instead all heads down in some project or other.. i wonder what it might be ;)

That would be material for the speculation thread since no one has a clue...lol

PUGS
08-10-2018, 20:08
Tell you what I would like to see - Project Cars: Rally. With DiRT Rally not supporting VR and their style becoming more arcadey, I'd like to see SMS switch gears (if you will), to do a pure Rally sim.

Keena
08-10-2018, 20:18
That would be material for the speculation thread since no one has a clue...lol

Yeah, that was my not so subtle attempt at fishing :)

Chikane
09-10-2018, 00:17

Wow so you just copying other people replies as your own? So in other words you got nothing original to post? so you copy and paste other peoples reply?

cpcdem
09-10-2018, 01:57
Sounds like a bot to me, did that with one of my posts, too...

Sankyo
09-10-2018, 06:57
Sounds like a bot to me, did that with one of my posts, too...

:p
Definitely a bot, so it was removed.

UkHardcore23
09-10-2018, 12:45
Tell you what I would like to see - Project Cars: Rally. With DiRT Rally not supporting VR and their style becoming more arcadey, I'd like to see SMS switch gears (if you will), to do a pure Rally sim.

Not for me, Dirt Rally was insanely fun. Rallycross in PCARS 2 not so much.

rich1e I
09-10-2018, 13:50
It appears that SMS is not the only studio that's affected by unfounded 'arcade nonsense' in public.

RacingAtHome
09-10-2018, 16:09

I wonder where that idea came from.

Project CARS - Rally.

On second thoughts, should be a separate full game.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/create-your-own-dlc.357034/#post-11862700

Mrocz
10-10-2018, 12:07
Well... I would definitely buy Project Rally and it could be released on current gen consoles.

I only hope SMS won't ditch race track racing in the future like Codemasters ditched Toca Race Driver/GRID series :(

Javaniceday
12-10-2018, 17:18
If SMS does a rally game, I hope they make proper special stage lengths. None of this 1 or 2 km nonsense stages, that get super repetitive - padding the game length by going backwards and reusing the same roads, over and over, the way the Dirt games do.

If the team behind the Dakar 18 game can give proper length for rally stages, everyone can. Each rally stage needs to be at least 10 km

Stewy32
12-10-2018, 19:18
If SMS does a rally game, I hope they make proper special stage lengths. None of this 1 or 2 km nonsense stages, that get super repetitive - padding the game length by going backwards and reusing the same roads, over and over, the way the Dirt games do.

If the team behind the Dakar 18 game can give proper length for rally stages, everyone can. Each rally stage needs to be at least 10 km

Not every single one of them.

If I give you the stage lengths from Wales Rally GB(as I have this weeks Autosport at hand):
1.06 miles
4.77 miles
18.10 miles
10.53 miles
1.01 miles
12.60 miles
12.40 miles
12.10 miles
7.00 miles
5.16 miles
6.25 miles
9.13 miles
4.99 miles/4.59 miles(Slightly shorter version used the second time through)

Bealdor
12-10-2018, 19:24

Easier said than done. Point to point stages are much more expensive in development compared to regular circuits.
That's also most likely the reason why the number of stages is so low and the recycle rate so high in Dirt Rally.

Javaniceday
13-10-2018, 00:42
Easier said than done. Point to point stages are much more expensive in development compared to regular circuits.
That's also most likely the reason why the number of stages is so low and the recycle rate so high in Dirt Rally.

Eh, as I've said. If the studio that made Rally 18 can pull it off, Codemasters has no excuse that I'll buy. And knowing how ambitious SMS is, I'd reckon they'd try it.

Konan
13-10-2018, 07:02
Eh, as I've said. If the studio that made Rally 18 can pull it off, Codemasters has no excuse that I'll buy. And knowing how ambitious SMS is, I'd reckon they'd try it.

Ambition and finances are two different things though and one depends strongly on the other...

satco1066
13-10-2018, 11:21
yeah. Pay 30 million pounds and they'll start tomorrow ;)

Racefanbeers
13-10-2018, 21:07
I hope Project Cars 3 will happen on PS4 and not skipped for PS5

Chikane
13-10-2018, 23:50
I hope Project Cars 3 will happen on PS4 and not skipped for PS5

No disrespect but you should be ban for this reply :rolleyes:

What else can sms do with pcars on the ps4? damn thing can barely run pcars 2

Sentry87
14-10-2018, 00:25
No disrespect but you should be ban for this reply :rolleyes:

What else can sms do with pcars on the ps4? damn thing can barely run pcars 2

Pretty much this. Pc2 strangles the ps4 by the neck as it is. Only way to get some of the missing features that didn't make it is on a newer generation hardware

Daz555
14-10-2018, 02:42
I can't see that happening. My guess is that if we see another PC game on console it will be next gen and will be at least 2 years after launch to ensure there is a large enough player base.

Konan
14-10-2018, 04:31
Well that might be true but you can't blame people for wanting it differently... Not everyone has the finances to upgrade to the next gen...

Racefanbeers
14-10-2018, 12:21
I always wait a year or more before new console comes out. The longer the console cycle the better the games get IMO.

Chikane
14-10-2018, 13:19
Well that might be true but you can't blame people for wanting it differently... Not everyone has the finances to upgrade to the next gen...

Well good thing for them next gen is still maybe 2 to 3 years away ;) plenty of time to start saving up now.

Kriig
14-10-2018, 13:26
You could play the games you have now on the next gen consoles until PC3 comes.

I only play driving games and occatinonal FIFA on my box. Been thinking on adding a high end pc though.
I’ll get PS5 anyway, as i like to game on my tv too.
Ordering a Fanatec wheel this week as my T300 broke down and i got my money back(after 1,5 years) from the shop.

I sent it for repair 16.June... and getting $$$ tomorrow. Took them long enough:mad:

Mr. Stagger Lee
14-10-2018, 14:31
You could play the games you have now on the next gen consoles until PC3 comes.

I only play driving games and occatinonal FIFA on my box. Been thinking on adding a high end pc though.
I’ll get PS5 anyway, as i like to game on my tv too.
Ordering a Fanatec wheel this week as my T300 broke down and i got my money back(after 1,5 years) from the shop.

I sent it for repair 16.June... and getting $$$ tomorrow. Took them long enough:mad:

Why do people still think they need a console to game on their HDTV? Playing Monster Hunter World now at 4K and 60fps on my Samsung 65" curved with my PS4 gamepad. You can’t even hit 60fps with any of the console versions at even 1080p resolution. With 2 mouse clicks I launch PC2 in VR - the only way I have ever or will ever play it. Consoles are just too limiting..yeah get one for the exclusives but that’s about it.

Konan
14-10-2018, 14:48
Why do people still think they need a console to game on their HDTV? Playing Monster Hunter World now at 4K and 60fps on my Samsung 65" curved with my PS4 gamepad. You can’t even hit 60fps with any of the console versions at even 1080p resolution. With 2 mouse clicks I launch PC2 in VR - the only way I have ever or will ever play it. Consoles are just too limiting..yeah get one for the exclusives but that’s about it.

That discussion has been talked about to death... There are many more reasons why some people prefer consoles...
That is not what this topic is about though.
Let's not derail this thread with endless pro's and con's of platforms...

Sith Metal
06-11-2018, 13:28
or have the devs done with PC2 now?

eracerhead
06-11-2018, 13:31
Must have been like four hours since someone asked this, so thanks...

Seriously, if new DLC or a new game is announced, you'll trip over the announcement as it'll be the top post on this forum for three weeks.

Lakiboom
06-11-2018, 13:42
Dear SMS and moderators is it really hard to announce official information? People ask the same question because you are silent. There are no more DLC, patches? What is your plans? Or big thanks to your support, we finished with PC2.

Djuvinile
06-11-2018, 13:53
we finished with PC2. ehm no... "we" are not.. apparantly "you" are..

Sankyo
06-11-2018, 14:51
Dear SMS and moderators is it really hard to announce official information? People ask the same question because you are silent. There are no more DLC, patches? What is your plans? Or big thanks to your support, we finished with PC2.
If there's anything there can be shared (by SMS, us moderators know nothing about SMS's plans), for sure SMS will do so. If we don't hear anything, it means that there's either nothing clear yet on SMS side, or it's too early to announce anything (announcing something too early can damage ongoing license or distribution agreements, for example).

ehm no... "we" are not.. apparantly "you" are..
With "we" he meant SMS in that sentence :)

Lord of the Racing
06-11-2018, 15:45

Maybe add some more championships (there a lot of cars without championship in the ggame as GT1) and introducing variabke weather into the career may be a nice added value for PC2

Tommikke
06-11-2018, 19:07
or have the devs done with PC2 now?

Ian Bell said this on GTPlanet:
"We're certainly not hiding under a rock back at base. We're very very busy on some epic things we'll be announcing soon."

Possibly Season Pass 2?

Konan
06-11-2018, 19:15
Possibly Season Pass 2?

...That belongs in the speculation thread since no one knows for sure what it'll be (except SMS off course) :p

UkHardcore23
06-11-2018, 19:15
They announced on the PCARS website that the F & Mugello DLC is the final DLC

Wolfzz
07-11-2018, 13:57
What Where????

balderz002
07-11-2018, 14:12
They announced on the PCARS website that the F & Mugello DLC is the final DLC

Until we have a statement from SMS which says no more Project Cars 2 content, all I will assume is that the Ferrari DLC was the final DLC of the (first*) season pass...........

*possibly

cpcdem
07-11-2018, 15:39
"The fourth and final expansion pack for Project CARS 2, the Ferrari Essentials Pack, is now available as a standalone purchase, or as part of the Project CARS 2 Season Pass."

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/project-cars-2-dlc-ferrari-essentials-pack/?lang=en-us

Of course that does not make it impossible that there will still be updates for fixing some of the bugs at least...

PostBox981
07-11-2018, 17:16
I keep my hopes up until mid December when the next patch would be falling due.

Stewy32
07-11-2018, 17:35
"Expansion Pack" means that their could still be a bit more one-off content

UkHardcore23
08-11-2018, 15:19
"The fourth and final expansion pack for Project CARS 2, the Ferrari Essentials Pack, is now available as a standalone purchase, or as part of the Project CARS 2 Season Pass."

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/project-cars-2-dlc-ferrari-essentials-pack/?lang=en-us

Of course that does not make it impossible that there will still be updates for fixing some of the bugs at least...

I think for sure we will still get patches and maybe the odd car thrown in. PCARS 2 has an insane amount of content compared to other sims now so i would imagine SMS have ticked that "complete" box and have moved on to other titles PCARS 3 and the Arcade racer they have coming.

TekNeil
08-11-2018, 15:58
Well if a PC3 does come out I won't be buying it. Simply because there are still many issues with PC2. If PC2 continues to get fixes/updates for some time yet then...

Stewy32
08-11-2018, 19:19
Well if a PC3 does come out I won't be buying it. Simply because there are still many issues with PC2. If PC2 continues to get fixes/updates for some time yet then...

Well if you won't buy it SMS won't have enough money to fix the bugs

satco1066
08-11-2018, 23:53
i'll definitelly buy in if they call out for WMD(3) again. :love_heart:
it was a great time to be part of it.

BrakeCheck101
19-11-2018, 16:14
In light of comments made by Ian Bell at the end of last month on GT Planet, I've been thinking about what might be next for the Project Cars 2 franchise, or at least what we can or cannot expect to come next.

I think his comments in the post here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/one-year-after-release-opinion.381736/page-6#post-12524333 could refer to:

(1) A new season pass for DLC on PC2
(2) Announcement of PC3
(3) Launch of Project Cars Go mobile game
(4) Another different genre of racing game being worked on by Slightly Mad Studios.

I elaborate further here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLVOemPeJBY

Would be great to hear all of your thoughts too.

satco1066
19-11-2018, 16:22
its #5 ;)

TekNeil
19-11-2018, 16:57
Well if you won't buy it SMS won't have enough money to fix the bugs

Ah, seems you have current and projected figures. Throw them my way so I can cast my accountancy eye over them...

Stewy32
19-11-2018, 17:38
Ah, seems you have current and projected figures. Throw them my way so I can cast my accountancy eye over them...

No it is just general logic. As one of the mods said in the ACC thread "if you have the finance, get it to support the genre"

Urban Chaos 2.0
19-11-2018, 19:00
We also need for some of the finer details of each vehicle to be simulated and/or well presented. Example:

- Suspension squeaks and cabin rattles

- Low-speed transmission sounds and clutch engagement/disengagements in the GT3 cars (also, transmission wine which is tied to transmission, and not vehicle speed)

- Anti-stall systems which can make takeoff difficult in open-wheelers, and which engage realistically, forcing the player to undergo the procedure required to allow re-engagement of the clutch.

- Allowing the sim to make the real-world startup procedures in certain cars mandatory.

- Road cars should have radio stations selectable (playing sounds stored on PC).

- Active turn signals, hazard lights, etc.

-Windows which can be rolled down for increased wind noise.

-Realistic on-the-fly suspension and electronic settings for road cars that feature such.

-Oh and... BRING BACK THE ARIEL ATOM V8!!!!

balderz002
20-11-2018, 09:04
In light of comments made by Ian Bell at the end of last month on GT Planet, I've been thinking about what might be next for the Project Cars 2 franchise, or at least what we can or cannot expect to come next.

I think his comments in the post here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/one-year-after-release-opinion.381736/page-6#post-12524333 could refer to:

(2) Announcement of PC3
(4) Another different genre of racing game being worked on by Slightly Mad Studios.

Shame it wasn't mentioned here as well. But to be fair, its so open ended, it could be anything. But with regards to PC2, I wont set my heart on any new content past maybe a nice crimbo pressie (like a free car or something). That way I wont get too disappointed if nothing happens....

muerteh 650
20-11-2018, 10:27
All games have errors, if you are looking for a game without errors then play parchis or poker. :p

Stewy32
20-11-2018, 15:42
We also need for some of the finer details of each vehicle to be simulated and/or well presented. Example:

- Suspension squeaks and cabin rattles

- Low-speed transmission sounds and clutch engagement/disengagements in the GT3 cars (also, transmission wine which is tied to transmission, and not vehicle speed)

- Anti-stall systems which can make takeoff difficult in open-wheelers, and which engage realistically, forcing the player to undergo the procedure required to allow re-engagement of the clutch.

- Allowing the sim to make the real-world startup procedures in certain cars mandatory.

- Road cars should have radio stations selectable (playing sounds stored on PC).

- Active turn signals, hazard lights, etc.

-Windows which can be rolled down for increased wind noise.

-Realistic on-the-fly suspension and electronic settings for road cars that feature such.

-Oh and... BRING BACK THE ARIEL ATOM V8!!!!

Personally I wasn't a huge fan of the Ariel Atom 500 V8

Urban Chaos 2.0
20-11-2018, 18:55
Personally I wasn't a huge fan of the Ariel Atom 500 V8

I think you're alone in that opinion, haha. That car was amazing. It was like being on lowered and stable, 1000cc motorcycle. It NEEDS to make a return!

balderz002
20-11-2018, 20:54
I think you're alone in that opinion, haha. That car was amazing. It was like being on lowered and stable, 1000cc motorcycle. It NEEDS to make a return!

Not quite alone, on his own in that regard. I would rather see an 80's icon from a German tuner make a return, but that's the magic of the human race. And this isnt a request thread, so i am not requesting. Just saying. Mods........

Gregz0r
20-11-2018, 21:16

(2) Announcement of PC3

All I want at this point(bug fixes excepted), are custom grids and custom offline championships(with editable AI driver names within this feature)

satco1066
20-11-2018, 22:19
All I want at this point(bug fixes excepted), are custom grids and custom offline championships(with editable AI driver names within this feature)

i would prefer custom online championship. Working ;)

CSL-Drive
22-11-2018, 07:04

I beg of you, please tell me how do I survive aquaplaning like the A.I. does.

CSL-Drive
22-11-2018, 07:09
In my opinion, they should do downloadable bug fixes for 20 euro. I want all bugs fixed for that price. I would even pay 30 if it's really good. And 40 if its perfect and garuanteed to last 5 five years.

I want project cars 2 quality software insurance subscription for 75 dollars per minute of gametime on the new bug fixed content.

I would also give louis hamilton's jewelry to Slightly Mad Studios if they fixed all the bugs. Because they're never gonna fix it anyway :encouragement:

bmanic
22-11-2018, 07:30
I'm pretty sure SMS is done with PC2. Why on earth would they put any more development time on this? PC1 was also left as it is once the scheduled plan was fullfilled. I can't see any reason for it being different this time around. If anything, SMS have been pretty consistent in their approach (bugs and all) over the years.

Stewy32
22-11-2018, 16:02
In my opinion, they should do downloadable bug fixes for 20 euro. I want all bugs fixed for that price. I would even pay 30 if it's really good. And 40 if its perfect and garuanteed to last 5 five years.

I want project cars 2 quality software insurance subscription for 75 dollars per minute of gametime on the new bug fixed content.

I would also give louis hamilton's jewelry to Slightly Mad Studios if they fixed all the bugs. Because they're never gonna fix it anyway :encouragement:

It would be pretty much impossible to fix every single bug in any game, let alone one as complex as Project CARS 2. Also, I can't see SMS making people pay for patches, as it isn't something done anywhere else in the business.

Cote Dazur
22-11-2018, 18:34
Since a lot of people are saying the reason for PCars2 to have so many things that would need to be addressed is because the game offers so much of so many different things, which makes perfect sense to me. Maybe SMS should start a project in the lines of ACC. A special race series, all the cars, skins and tracks, nothing more. Concentrating on one type of cars particular physic would help with consistency. Selling each car serie would warranty revenue and game continuity.
The base engine both provide great graphic and decent physic, we would get a complete package, ready to play every now and then. No more spending the next 6 month after launch figuring how to work around the issues.

GenBrien
22-11-2018, 18:49
I'm pretty sure SMS is done with PC2. Why on earth would they put any more development time on this? PC1 was also left as it is once the scheduled plan was fullfilled. I can't see any reason for it being different this time around. If anything, SMS have been pretty consistent in their approach (bugs and all) over the years.

just hope they'll do 1 last patch

DECATUR PLAYA
22-11-2018, 19:12
Since a lot of people are saying the reason for PCars2 to have so many things that would need to be addressed is because the game offers so much of so many different things, which makes perfect sense to me. Maybe SMS should start a project in the lines of ACC. A special race series, all the cars, skins and tracks, nothing more. Concentrating on one type of cars particular physic would help with consistency. Selling each car serie would warranty revenue and game continuity.
The base engine both provide great graphic and decent physic, we would get a complete package, ready to play every now and then. No more spending the next 6 month after launch figuring how to work around the issues.

^Agreed.

IndyCar. Would be my choice. Im sure others would like their favorite race series. I would just like to see them put all of their collective effort into one series. I believe it would be a unbelievable game.

eracerhead
23-11-2018, 13:27
A plug-in racesim architecture based on the current Madness engine seems to me to be the optimal road for the future. Release that game with one or two full series at a (moderate) set price thatís trouble-free, then release additional series modules (containing tracks, cars, AI scripting, etc) as theyíre finished and vetted, that donít overwrite the base game code. If thereís ever a conflicting issue, these modules could be patched individually and even temporarily removed from the game. For instance, a user could load an Endurance module if the IndyCar module caused issues on their particular PC.

Markus Ott
23-11-2018, 15:21
I like the module idea. Not only because you have to think in "games as a service" way if you want to establish pCARS in eSports. You can not abandon it after a single year, you need to generate money over a longer period of time.
The module approach also lets you change items for a single series that otherwise gets shared with a lot of other classes and thus needs physics changes for all those classes. Take the tire model for example. All GT classes share a GT tire model, but if you want to test and work only on the GT tire for the GT3 class the other classes with the same tire model don't get influenced by that. Makes it much easier to work on changes and you can be more focused.

Roel de Meulder
23-11-2018, 15:40
A plug-in racesim architecture based on the current Madness engine seems to me to be the optimal road for the future. Release that game with one or two full series at a (moderate) set price that’s trouble-free, then release additional series modules (containing tracks, cars, AI scripting, etc) as they’re finished and vetted, that don’t overwrite the base game code. If there’s ever a conflicting issue, these modules could be patched individually and even temporarily removed from the game. For instance, a user could load an Endurance module if the IndyCar module caused issues on their particular PC.

The model seems to work for raceroom and I think ACC will adopt it aswell.
It would be a great choice to keep SMS as much with its workerbase as possible. However, being one of many in the market like this brings a lot of risk.

bmanic
23-11-2018, 19:06
.. but unlike Kunos or Simbin I don't think SMS is a traditional "indie" studio. They deal with a lot more revenue and a much larger team. Thus the model that works for Kunos and Simbin doesn't necessarily work for SMS. I think Ian Bell is eyeing a lot bigger profits and tries to get SMS into the big player category competing directly with the other larger studios.

Ixoye56
24-11-2018, 14:21
Give us a offline Custom Championship option and I will be satisfied with this game for years to come.

DinoM
25-11-2018, 09:53
.. but unlike Kunos or Simbin I don't think SMS is a traditional "indie" studio. They deal with a lot more revenue and a much larger team. Thus the model that works for Kunos and Simbin doesn't necessarily work for SMS. I think Ian Bell is eyeing a lot bigger profits and tries to get SMS into the big player category competing directly with the other larger studios.

Kunos is no longer an indie studio since he bought the 505 Games.
It does not depend on the number of people that it is indie. It's usually indie, which is not behind a multi company.

CodeCmdr
26-11-2018, 05:55
No it is just general logic. As one of the mods said in the ACC thread "if you have the finance, get it to support the genre"

SMS continued the trend of releasing extremely buggy products and not supporting them sufficiently with Project Cars 2. Buying Project Cars 2 did not fix all the bugs in Project Cars 1, and buying Project Cars 3 will not fix all the bugs in Project Cars 2.

Money probably isn't even the issue regarding the quality problems Project Cars has. SMS focus too much on the number of features (cars, tracks, race series, etc.) and too little on quality. To me it seems like they don't have a professional Quality Assurance department at all because they think the community can do that for them.

If SMS doesn't make major quality improvements to PCars3, or whatever their next title is, I won't buy it.

NicoLaLA
27-11-2018, 10:14
All this game need are an update to career mode. 10min races are a joke. 5 races in a championship are a joke.
Sometimes cars are becoming undrivable in race (Huracan on Nurnburgring), transition night/day is not good (Cayman on Fuji).
I haven't done much in career so far but these are all a major letdown.
I would be happy if they fixed all of that and sold it as an expansion. I would pay just as much if I were to buy a new game.

Mahjik
27-11-2018, 12:59
All this game need are an update to career mode. 10min races are a joke. 5 races in a championship are a joke.

The lower tiers do simulate what happens in real life. The non-pro racing leagues generally only have 4-6 races per season (and their races are generally 20-30 minutes). Also, make sure to set in the options to use the maximum race percentage. Each series has a minimum and maximum race duration. If you set it to 100%, you will always have the max the series allows.

NicoLaLA
27-11-2018, 13:11
The lower tiers do simulate what happens in real life. The non-pro racing leagues generally only have 4-6 races per season (and their races are generally 20-30 minutes). Also, make sure to set in the options to use the maximum race percentage. Each series has a minimum and maximum race duration. If you set it to 100%, you will always have the max the series allows.

Thank you for clearing that up. It would still be nice to race for a lot longer. I know there is single race option but there is no sense of progress.
Whatever happens, update PC 2 or PC3, I hope we get at least the option to race as long as we want and as many rounds we want.

Stewy32
27-11-2018, 16:18
Thank you for clearing that up. It would still be nice to race for a lot longer. I know there is single race option but there is no sense of progress.
Whatever happens, update PC 2 or PC3, I hope we get at least the option to race as long as we want and as many rounds we want.

But with it being a career, as long and as many rounds is just lots of custom races. The limit could/should be changed, but not completely up to the player.

NicoLaLA
27-11-2018, 18:58
But with it being a career, as long and as many rounds is just lots of custom races. The limit could/should be changed, but not completely up to the player.

Personally I would like to drive the Ginetta GT5 on all tracks in some kind of championship. Some people may not want to do this but I do. I can't see any objections because no matter how I drive it does not affect anyone but me.

MEX SENNA
27-11-2018, 23:53
ANY INCOMING PATCH ON 2018 OR 2019?
The filter in the leaderboards for xbox one doesnt work. does somebody know some information about this?
Regards

Markus Ott
27-11-2018, 23:56
SMS surely does

Wolfzz
28-11-2018, 14:00
I Think its all over as its been very quiet from SMS even the forum has slowed down so sad.

UkHardcore23
28-11-2018, 15:34
The filter in the leaderboards for xbox one doesnt work. does somebody know some information about this?
Regards

It's not looking likely now, SMS are silent. Full steam ahead on their arcade racer id imagine.

Zaskarspants
28-11-2018, 15:47
Regards

Console leaderboards are restricted to groups of cars sharing the same leaderboard, sadly. This is due to restrictions placed upon SMS by msoft and Sony. If you wish to check your pace you can access the pc leader boards on the internet. Google 'pcars2 lap records'.

REXPITVIPER1
29-11-2018, 01:08

The graphical base of the game is one of the best ever so maybe that's at least one highly noticeable point to just continue of the content for the PC2 before getting in the new one.

In other hand, I am myself enjoying the very beast and super cool road cars and everything between drifting / racing cars and of course sometimes simply racing/practicing something weird with the AI in any weather I want.

since GTR3 is becoming the official game for WEC, PCARS 3 could try and become the official game for IMSA.

ryandtw
29-11-2018, 01:55
since GTR3 is becoming the official game for WEC, PCARS 3 could try and become the official game for IMSA.

I thought Forza was IMSA's official game or something.

REXPITVIPER1
29-11-2018, 04:39
I thought Forza was IMSA's official game or something.

ew forza. so then, how about Project CARS 3 becomes the official game for DTM/SUPER GT? or they can become the official game for ADAC

seb02
29-11-2018, 06:28
Project cars 3 can become the official game for Supercars Australia : Battle between Ford and Holden and beautiful tracks (Adelaide Street circuit, Surfer's Paradise, Sandown, ....)

DozUK
29-11-2018, 07:56
I Think its all over as its been very quiet from SMS even the forum has slowed down so sad.

I still think there will be a Game of the Year edition containing the game, all DLC and maybe one final patch a last car and Interlagos.

wicken
29-11-2018, 10:31
What's ProjectCARSPro folks?

https://twitter.com/PorscheNewsroom/status/1067885558020677643

morpwr
29-11-2018, 10:45
Im guessing its the same idea as the professional versions of other sims like RF2.

Bealdor
29-11-2018, 11:10
Yes it is: https://www.slightlymadstudios.com/pcarspro-porsche/

“Using Project CARS Pro in the unveiling experience of the new Porsche 911 Carrera S is very special for us,” said Stephen Viljoen, Chief Commercial Officer at Slightly Mad Studios. “We’re developing the professional version of Project CARS for the automotive world to deliver a unique and distinct product with the ability to create unparalleled client experiences, and working with Porsche on this project, utilizing our professional simulation product before its official debut in 2019, is very exciting!”

Hlspwn
29-11-2018, 11:10
Slightly mad website has more details under news. Be really good if they could release this to people with higher end machines :)

Twinz
29-11-2018, 11:17
If they could just get a one-card-per-eye API to work, we could probably get 4k VR to work with existing GPU's.

morpwr
29-11-2018, 11:33
Slightly mad website has more details under news. Be really good if they could release this to people with higher end machines :)

I don't think that would be possible. The way i understand pro versions of sim software work is they are made specifically for the clients. Not like a game that comes with all the cars and tracks.

Matt York
29-11-2018, 11:39
The media team have posted a bit more clarification: https://twitter.com/slightlymadteam/status/1068118645539262466

MarcoM
29-11-2018, 11:59
https://www.slightlymadstudios.com/pcarspro-porsche/?fbclid=IwAR13GAU3CQkZ7gi0_9w4gbytTuumf-SgLoKpZpnwRC5mLUSw01E2rj4rgnc

I hope it will come to PC2.

Asturbo
29-11-2018, 12:06
Very good news. I was afraid SMS leave simracing.

Probably PCPro will not arrive to gamers, but it's amazing they develop a new Pro engine that could be used also in gaming in the future.

Good luck with PCPro !!!

MarcoM
29-11-2018, 12:26
I hope that 911 makes it into the regular pc2 :)

Invincible
29-11-2018, 13:28
Very unlikely.

satco1066
29-11-2018, 13:58
Very good news. I was afraid SMS leave simracing.

Probably PCPro will not arrive to gamers, but it's amazing they develop a new Pro engine that could be used also in gaming in the future.

Good luck with PCPro !!!

naah.
Project CARS is too much simcade. That will never happen ;)
This must be fake news.
he he.

sarkasm off!

Congratulations to the team :loyal:

Mahjik
29-11-2018, 14:25
Hopefully this turns out better than the last Porsche venture (when that small development studio basically stole the Madness engine for a Porsche Cup simulation).

balderz002
29-11-2018, 15:00
I wonder if this is the exciting project Ian alluded to in that GTplanet thread that was quoted the other day/week?

MarcoM
29-11-2018, 15:05
Very unlikely.

Perhaps we should believe in Santa.

MrTulip
29-11-2018, 15:55
Still interesting as it is the first glimpse of PCARS PRO.

This and the rest of the SMS page sounds more like SMS inhouse developed thing than just licensing the engine to 3rd parties. That is probably what they sell too; the whole package.

Stewy32
29-11-2018, 17:44
Congrats and thanks to the team at SMS.

Thetalon
29-11-2018, 17:53
www . bsimracing . com/project-cars-pro-revealed-at-the-la-autoshow/

Discuss.
Any further details?

(Just saw it was mentioned in another thread. Thread was too long winded and stopped reading it a long time ago sorry.)

Bealdor
29-11-2018, 20:16
Multiple threads merged.

REXPITVIPER1
29-11-2018, 20:24
I hope that 911 makes it into the regular pc2 :)

I hate Porsche's naming of their vehicles, 911? but they call it a 992.. so which is it, a 911 or a 992.. why do they retain the 911 name, if the car's designation isn't 911... why name your car after a numeral? plus I highly doubt it'll come to PCARS 2.

Mahjik
29-11-2018, 20:28
"911" is the "model name". Like "Mustang" is the model name for a Ford vehicle. In the case of 911, it just happens to be numbers. 992 is the chassis/platform designation.

CastrolGT
29-11-2018, 20:57
the base model is the 911. it was, at the time, referenced as the 901 model. their 901st creation. due to Peugeot already owning the rights to name their model by a series of numbers with the 0 in the middle, they could't do it. thus, they renamed it 911. then, later, the 911 evolved, keeping the name, but still, different names were used to designate the version of the chassis (993, 996, 997, 991, 991.2 and now, 992)

REXPITVIPER1
29-11-2018, 21:13
ah thank you both for the explanation, sorry for my ignorance.

PostBox981
30-11-2018, 04:43
992 is an internal number for the model range, something like a revision index. 911 has always been the official name of this series. You will never find a 992 written on the car, like you never saw a BMW called E46.

Christiaan van Beilen
30-11-2018, 16:42
"911" is the "model name". Like "Mustang" is the model name for a Ford vehicle. In the case of 911, it just happens to be numbers. 992 is the chassis/platform designation.

When you think about it European cars do have a lot of numbers attached to them instead of actual names; think Alfa Romeo 156, Porsche 911, Peugeot 205, Fiat 500, Ferrari F40, etc. Either that or just simply shorts like CitroŽn 2CV, BX, C5 and that kinda thing. There are relatively by far not as much properly named cars in European car making history.

Mr Schumacher
01-12-2018, 09:44
If PC3 wants to compete with the trend of Multiplayer Sims like Iracing, ACC and GT Sport, they need to get on the boat befor they get left behind. Carrer mode is OK for a few people but we are not in 1995, itís 2018 and moving forward people like to play online against other people. I honestly think maybe even responding to ACC with a IMSA series so we can have multi class racing or just diversity in General. Anything that brings competitive online ranked multiplayer with not too many options similar to GT sport. this way it forces people to race in a diverse series of disciplines. Iracing for example, allows you to choose any discipline you want leaving several racing disciplines completely neglected because the majority of sheeps choose GT3. GT Sport on the other hand makes you choose from three different lobbies that have three different racing series, this way people can enjoy fuller racing lobbies because theirs less options. GT Sport at the same time allows you to create custom online lobbies just like PCars 2. I honestly think ANY of these options for the successors of PC2 will be greatly appreciated by the hardcore fans.

Mr Schumacher
01-12-2018, 10:06

Iíve already made this request, but ACC is not the game for the WEC. I wish it was the WEC instead of a GT3 Sim but itís not. So sad.

Mr Schumacher
01-12-2018, 10:13

I agree, but I donít want SMS to follow the trend of turn 10 putting out Forza MS every other year. SMS should launch one last Sim then bring big updates and DLC every 6 months or so to make the Sim a game as a service.

Bealdor
01-12-2018, 10:41
If PC3 wants to compete with the trend of Multiplayer Sims like Iracing, ACC and GT Sport, they need to get on the boat befor they get left behind. Carrer mode is OK for a few people but we are not in 1995, it’s 2018 and moving forward people like to play online against other people. I honestly think maybe even responding to ACC with a IMSA series so we can have multi class racing or just diversity in General. Anything that brings competitive online ranked multiplayer with not too many options similar to GT sport. this way it forces people to race in a diverse series of disciplines. Iracing for example, allows you to choose any discipline you want leaving several racing disciplines completely neglected because the majority of sheeps choose GT3. GT Sport on the other hand makes you choose from three different lobbies that have three different racing series, this way people can enjoy fuller racing lobbies because theirs less options. GT Sport at the same time allows you to create custom online lobbies just like PCars 2. I honestly think ANY of these options for the successors of PC2 will be greatly appreciated by the hardcore fans.

I think you're overestimating the amount of online players. If you check the trophy achievement percentages you'll see that less than 15% of PS4 players have actually finished a single online race. This would mean that 85% don't even bother with MP at all.

Konan
01-12-2018, 11:14
This would mean that 85% don't even bother with MP at all.

... Like me...

UkHardcore23
01-12-2018, 11:35
I think you're overestimating the amount of online players. If you check the trophy achievement percentages you'll see that less than 15% of PS4 players have actually finished a single online race. This would mean that 85% don't even bother with MP at all.

Would be interesting to see if GT has a similar acheivement or Forza a similar trophy to see how the gamerbase play. Personally when i played GTS it was online only due to the setup being brilliant while PC2 i barely go online due to the setup being awful. Still you would think more than 15% would of been online maybe everyone got booted before the race started :D

Invincible
01-12-2018, 11:46
I have played two or three online races in GT Sport, but I really prefer single player races.

bmanic
01-12-2018, 12:10
pCars Pro eh? Bah.. Simcade! :p

cpcdem
01-12-2018, 12:37

Surprisingly(?) it looks a lot better for us online players in PC. According to:

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/378860/achievements/

23.8% of the owners have completed an online race in PC. And judging by the fact that just 67.7% of the owners has actually started the offline career and only 22.3% have completed the first season in offline, I am surprised and happy to see that apparently a very large percent of PC PCARS2 active players are playing/have played online! Hopefully this will give some incentive to SMS to try and improve on the problems we online players are facing every day.

UkHardcore23
01-12-2018, 13:09
I have played two or three online races in GT Sport, but I really prefer single player races.

The AI is dreadful god knows how you can prefer single player.

Bealdor
01-12-2018, 13:11

Some people simply don't want to compete with other people when playing video games.

Zaskarspants
01-12-2018, 13:31

I mainly play online because the ai are so much better than most real people in casual races I join ( rarely). I race the AI at 120/100 but as I am a u skill rating I find most rooms don't exhibit the same good race craft that the AI do.

REXPITVIPER1
01-12-2018, 14:03
Iíve already made this request, but ACC is not the game for the WEC. I wish it was the WEC instead of a GT3 Sim but itís not. So sad.

ACC is a official GT3 sim, iRacing is the official NASCAR sim, GTR3 is the official WEC sim...mean while PCARS 2 is trying to juggle multiple car series no one really drives nor plays, and I KNOW PEOPLE REQUESTED THEM, but c'mon, how many of you actually drive the cars you requested?

Stewy32
01-12-2018, 15:09
If PC3 wants to compete with the trend of Multiplayer Sims like Iracing, ACC and GT Sport, they need to get on the boat befor they get left behind. Carrer mode is OK for a few people but we are not in 1995, itís 2018 and moving forward people like to play online against other people. I honestly think maybe even responding to ACC with a IMSA series so we can have multi class racing or just diversity in General. Anything that brings competitive online ranked multiplayer with not too many options similar to GT sport. this way it forces people to race in a diverse series of disciplines. Iracing for example, allows you to choose any discipline you want leaving several racing disciplines completely neglected because the majority of sheeps choose GT3. GT Sport on the other hand makes you choose from three different lobbies that have three different racing series, this way people can enjoy fuller racing lobbies because theirs less options. GT Sport at the same time allows you to create custom online lobbies just like PCars 2. I honestly think ANY of these options for the successors of PC2 will be greatly appreciated by the hardcore fans.

IMSA has iRacing and Forza deals though

Stewy32
01-12-2018, 15:10

ACC might not be but GTR3 is.

Bealdor
01-12-2018, 15:14
ACC might not be but GTR3 is.

I believe it when I see it (released).

Stewy32
01-12-2018, 15:55
I believe it when I see it (released).

I also want more confirmation that GTR3 will be a thing.

Mahjik
01-12-2018, 15:59
I also want more confirmation that GTR3 will be a thing.

They have already said it won't compete with RaceRoom so it's going to be on the "lite" side in terms of simulation.

PostBox981
01-12-2018, 17:37
ACC is a official GT3 sim, iRacing is the official NASCAR sim, GTR3 is the official WEC sim...mean while PCARS 2 is trying to juggle multiple car series no one really drives nor plays, and I KNOW PEOPLE REQUESTED THEM, but c'mon, how many of you actually drive the cars you requested?

Me and my mates always have some championships running that are not GT3. We race(d) Formula Renault 3.5, Group A, GT1, Vintage Prototype A, even Road B and some others. For three years with PC1 and 2 we never ran a GT3 championship. Empty grids are the price we have to pay though.

sisollazzo
01-12-2018, 18:03
Me and my mates always have some championships running that are not GT3. We race(d) Formula Renault 3.5, Group A, GT1, Vintage Prototype A, even Road B and some others. For three years with PC1 and 2 we never ran a GT3 championship. Empty grids are the price we have to pay though.

I want to play with you. Always to play gt3 is boring. Send me please the steaminvitation. But I like to play with full damage.

TexasTyme214
01-12-2018, 19:14
It would be different if SMS looked at the idea of creating a game based around a vintage series. I can see a dedicated Group C game selling pretty well among fans.

Mahjik
01-12-2018, 20:56

Unless I'm looking to run online with larger numbers, I rarely use GT3 or modern LMP cars.

PostBox981
02-12-2018, 07:02
I want to play with you. Always to play gt3 is boring. Send me please the steaminvitation. But I like to play with full damage.

Thereīs a link in my sig. Klick it and register for free so you will see our server password on the top right. Further more youīll find a link to our "Rennkalender" on the left. We usually race on Friday night, full damage, assists real and so on. Welcome to the Malzbierbude. :cool:

Sorry to all others for being off topic for a minute.

DinoM
02-12-2018, 08:13

This is not how it works. SMS has made PC2 with the offer you find in it. If you like to buy it, if you do not play it the way you like it. For me, this type of gameplay is far more than just driving on a single car or restricted track. And GT3 is boring ... after a while. I feel this kind of driving model much more complete. I played F1 for 10 hours. ACC is already not as attractive as year AC.

REXPITVIPER1
03-12-2018, 05:33
This is not how it works. SMS has made PC2 with the offer you find in it. If you like to buy it, if you do not play it the way you like it. For me, this type of gameplay is far more than just driving on a single car or restricted track. And GT3 is boring ... after a while. I feel this kind of driving model much more complete. I played F1 for 10 hours. ACC is already not as attractive as year AC.

ACC is still in a Alpha stage.... and many people will disagree about GT3 being "boring".

DinoM
03-12-2018, 07:01
ACC is still in a Alpha stage.... and many people will disagree about GT3 being "boring".
What's the matter with the ACC in standby mode? :confused:
The following will be included in the future ready game. Nothing else.

Cars: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/cars

Tracks: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/calendar?filter_season_id=9

So, it'll be boring after a while.

REXPITVIPER1
03-12-2018, 07:15
What's the matter with the ACC in standby mode? :confused:
The following will be included in the future ready game. Nothing else.

Cars: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/cars

Tracks: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/calendar?filter_season_id=9

So, it'll be boring after a while.

ACC isn't in standby, if you actually looked at the Pre-Release road-map you'd know what's going on. and because they have Blancpain as the licences, they could bring in cars from previous years. but then again your comment is confusing as hell.

DinoM
03-12-2018, 07:32
ACC isn't in standby, if you actually looked at the Pre-Release road-map you'd know what's going on. and because they have Blancpain as the licences, they could bring in cars from previous years. but then again your comment is confusing as hell.

Then pre realize, not standby!
I still do not understand what to do with where this is going now. I mean the future content, it's boring, not the present state.
ACC will only include GT3 races. When will it be ready. So, it'll be boring after a while.
After all, it does not matter. However, it has nothing to do with PC2. Other developers, other engines, other ideas.

RacingAtHome
03-12-2018, 07:47
I know it'll continue the off-topic discussion but there are other Blancpain Series they could have added to boost content. For example, Blancpain GT Asia and their GT4 Series.

REXPITVIPER1
03-12-2018, 08:15
Then pre realize, not standby!
I still do not understand what to do with where this is going now. I mean the future content, it's boring, not the present state.
ACC will only include GT3 races. When will it be ready. So, it'll be boring after a while.
After all, it does not matter. However, it has nothing to do with PC2. Other developers, other engines, other ideas.

uhh... okay..?

DinoM
03-12-2018, 08:47
I know it'll continue the off-topic discussion but there are other Blancpain Series they could have added to boost content. For example, Blancpain GT Asia and their GT4 Series.

I heard about them. More GT competition. I can not wait. ;)

RacingAtHome
03-12-2018, 09:01
Anyway. Back to PCARS. Pirelli World Challenge is no more and replaced by Blancpain GT USA. I'd like to see them tie-in with British GT. Now there's no more Rockingham, we have all the tracks for the season. It's just a case of cars and liveries.

Stewy32
03-12-2018, 15:25
Anyway. Back to PCARS. Pirelli World Challenge is no more and replaced by Blancpain GT USA. I'd like to see them tie-in with British GT. Now there's no more Rockingham, we have all the tracks for the season. It's just a case of cars and liveries.

Agreed-but it is another SRO(Blancpain) Series

Chimildo
03-12-2018, 16:46
What is the chances of Pcars becoming cross compatible?

snipeme77
03-12-2018, 17:36
Here's the top 3 things I would like to see in Project Cars 2 Season 2 or Project Cars 3/Rally

1. A separate historical career. Personally, I think Pcars 2 greatest asset is it's selection of historical racetracks and cars. I would love to see a Career mode build specifically around the historic content.

2. Maybe a little bit of a Story driven elements in the career mode. Although I love Race Driver Pro for being the ONLY story driven racing game, I get that some people would rather just jump in the car and drive. Still, I would like to see some codemasters'esk story bits, like having to deal with the press, and talking to your crew chief, some TOCA/F1 "live the life," like elements

3. Wait for the next gen consoles for whatever game is next... Pcars 2 was and still is utterly broken on the OG Xbox, and coming from that to a Xbone X is a night and day difference. If you're gonna make a new game, Just go ahead and wait for the PS5 and whatever Xbox comes out with...

Stewy32
03-12-2018, 18:17
What is the chances of Pcars becoming cross compatible?

Probably quite low

Stewy32
03-12-2018, 18:20
Here's the top 3 things I would like to see in Project Cars 2 Season 2 or Project Cars 3/Rally

1. A separate historical career. Personally, I think Pcars 2 greatest asset is it's selection of historical racetracks and cars. I would love to see a Career mode build specifically around the historic content.

2. Maybe a little bit of a Story driven elements in the career mode. Although I love Race Driver Pro for being the ONLY story driven racing game, I get that some people would rather just jump in the car and drive. Still, I would like to see some codemasters'esk story bits, like having to deal with the press, and talking to your crew chief, some TOCA/F1 "live the life," like elements

3. Wait for the next gen consoles for whatever game is next... Pcars 2 was and still is utterly broken on the OG Xbox, and coming from that to a Xbone X is a night and day difference. If you're gonna make a new game, Just go ahead and wait for the PS5 and whatever Xbox comes out with...

For Point 1, I would love to have the option for the decade you wanted to race in when you started your career, and with a unique career path layout for each decade(1950s-2010s). Once you have done 10 seasons in a decade, you move on to the next decade, and so on.
But you can start wherever you like.

PostBox981
04-12-2018, 04:38
I would love to see some integrated voice recognition (similar to VoiceAttack) so that I can talk to my race engineer over the radio instead of fiddling with the ICM while racing.

Bealdor
04-12-2018, 09:00
Just FYI: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-3-suggestions.372558/page-9#post-12562764

You heard it here first. There will be a new pCARS, it's signed. I can't tell you anything but don't hold your breath on timings. We plan to blow anything else, planned by anyone else, out of the water... That will take a while.

Ongoing kudos to this site.

Asturbo
04-12-2018, 10:25
What a fantastic news. It's a Christmas gift.

morpwr
04-12-2018, 10:56
Just FYI: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-3-suggestions.372558/page-9#post-12562764

Didn't they already do that? Last time I checked everyone else is playing catch up.

Rober
04-12-2018, 11:10
So what's with today's update? new Porsche confirmed, bugfixes?? someone please test it for us ;)

Dmitry Afanasyev
04-12-2018, 11:20
So what's with today's update? new Porsche confirmed, bugfixes?? someone please test it for us ;)
Project CARS 2 - Update 1.7.1.0.1
Added support for Tobii Eye Tracker.