PDA

View Full Version : Ford MkIV

Lakiboom
07-10-2018, 08:42
I tried to tune Ford MkIV at Brands Hatch GP. The car always touches the ground at firs turn. I've changed height to max, made springs stiffer, maximize dumpers but nothing help. Any advices for this track and car or it just this is it?

blinkngone
07-10-2018, 09:06
I tried to tune Ford MkIV at Brands Hatch GP. The car always touches the ground at firs turn. I've changed height to max, made springs stiffer, maximize dumpers but nothing help. Any advices for this track and car or it just this is it?

It's not just the Ford or this track in particular, it's some of the vintage cars. Possibly the worst case scenario is Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile where you have elevation and camber changes into corners. The track is transparent to the bodywork on the cars so you can see this effect quite dramatically and this shows up most on the vintage cars with air dams/splitters but it is on the older cars like the Ford and Porsche 917K as well. So it just is as you've said.
Here you can see I've buried the splitter a good 6 inches like a submarine crash diving.
After the splitter rises out of the racing surface.

blinkngone
07-10-2018, 09:22
Here I picked the livery with the white front end on the Ford so you can see it better.
Sorry about the smoke but it kind of moves around when backing up to get a good shot.
Meh, anyway since the bodywork doesn't interact with the track surface there is no friction so no performance impact, it's just a visual thing.

TimmyC
13-12-2018, 03:38
hello all, today , I set a new record in the mkiv at vintage spa. the important thing is the new setup you can grab. it is still rudimentary, but very enjoyable. chassis raised and dampers adjusted. still needs work by a professional. however iset a new record driving from cockpit view using t150 wheel and th3pa pedals and th8a h shifter. did not use paddle shifters. I am not am aien driver. please try my setup. thanks, Tim' ps. I am bishopsgambit driver

blinkngone
13-12-2018, 11:24
hello all, today , I set a new record in the mkiv at vintage spa. the important thing is the new setup you can grab. it is still rudimentary, but very enjoyable. chassis raised and dampers adjusted. still needs work by a professional. however iset a new record driving from cockpit view using t150 wheel and th3pa pedals and th8a h shifter. did not use paddle shifters. I am not am aien driver. please try my setup. thanks, Tim' ps. I am bishopsgambit driver

Your one and only TT run(so far) and you have a WR, congratulations.:)