PDA

View Full Version : Driving In PCARS 2 Is So Satisfying

Chikane
15-10-2018, 16:40
No other racing game has ever made me feel more satisfy then pcars 2

Just makes me even more excited for pcars 3 on next gen hardware.

Normally with me is like Pick my beloved p1 gtr go to a track to do a few laps and those few laps normally turn into a few hours of pure driving bliss :D

kingsti
15-10-2018, 21:45
Yes, for me PC2 is the full package. From the music, the graphics the FFB, the car models - everything. I don't do online racing but with the AI on mixed class race, it's sublime. I have time to do only around 10 laps usually, but that's enough to relax after a full day's work.

Keena
16-10-2018, 21:20
Its incredibly satisfying. I was just doing a career qualy and found myself watching this replay again and again. The physics, the sense of being in the moment.. just wonderful.

https://youtu.be/H0B-tGU9cLg

attaGee
16-10-2018, 21:57
Especially those who owns Oculus Rift (or Vive) understands how insane immersion we can experience!
It's a special personal moment everytime in VR for anyone who has it :o :cool:

Cholton82
17-10-2018, 07:30
It really is , I love starting a new chapter in my career with a new car and team and learning the nuances of the car and trying to dial them out just like a real life pro would .
Project Cars is the absolute pinnacle for anyone who’s into Sim racing on console as no other title comes close.

Olijke Poffer
17-10-2018, 07:39
I have several race games but Pcars gives me a feeling of coming home.

Mark Skid
17-10-2018, 09:05
Can't understand people chomping at the bit for Pcars3. It's going to take me about 245 years to exhaust the possibilities offered by Pcars2. My only complaint is that I can't stop gritting my teeth while driving and end each session with a sore jaw.

Sankyo
17-10-2018, 09:40
My only complaint is that I can't stop gritting my teeth while driving and end each session with a sore jaw.
I'll ask the devs to fix that if another patch is made.

Maskmagog
17-10-2018, 10:10
I'll ask the devs to fix that if another patch is made.

Please ask them to increase number of hours per day too. I need at least 26 hours per day.

Christiaan van Beilen
18-10-2018, 02:08
I think pCARS 2 is more entitled to the Gran Turismo slogan "the real driving simulator".

The thing I like best about the game are the details that make the driving experience just that extra bit more realistic than the rest.
So how the cars respond to your throttle inputs in a non-linear way, how braking is different from car to car because each have different brake pad and disc materials (or drums!) that heat up differently, or simply how you can simply 'push start' the car as long as the car is rolling. Plus so much more in regards to improvements in STM to make the tyres that much more responsive on input on turn in than in other sims to bring the responsiveness of the car in line with what happens in the real world.

So much details that are hard to pick up on if you don't know them if you weren't part of the WMD process, but they are the things that seem to make the game click for everyone on a subconscious level. The "I can't put my finger on it" stuff.

To me this is THE sim that for me feels closest to reality in terms of driving experience. Especially with the excellent and flawless VR support.

davidt33
18-10-2018, 10:13
It really is a great racing sim.

RacingAtHome
19-10-2018, 06:19
Definitely. Over the last 2 days, I've driven the Mclaren 650S GT3 and the Porsche 919 Hybrid at Silverstone and Indianapolis Road Course respectively for league races. In each of those, the car was satisfying to drive and it felt like it allowed me to do what I wanted which is how I expect a modern racecar should feel. The hour races in each series flew by as the car was fun and satisfying to drive.

beatrunner
19-10-2018, 07:01
I've never played / raced a Game that could actually give me adrenalin rushes like PC2 can. I mean adreanalin rushes with symptoms like:

- heartbeat pumping like crazy
- having that "feeling in the stomach"
- sweating like crazy - as much as i need to clean my rift from "fog-inside" even during races

this adrenalin rushes increased since i switched over to the VR world, but had it since the start. mostly before/at the start and when in the lead and beeing followed by other fast drivers/cars...

one other thing, that is astonishing for me:

- on tracks and in cars i know well, the FFB allows me to "fall in daydreams during racing"
- meaning: sometimes i'm kind of in a "autopilot" mode, thinking about daily bussiness, my family etc. all during races against other people
- Cornering, braking, accelerating, shifting: all from muscle memory deep in my "subconscious mind"

- ofcourse, this "autopilot mode" reduce my pace, slows me down
- but it's such a good feeling when you realise: hey b-runner, you are in lap 6 of a 20 lap race, you are leading but the guy behind catches up - so "stop dreaming" and focus on your driving/line/competitor

--> and then a new "adrenalin rush" kicks in for the next few laps...
--> often followed by other "daydreaming laps"

this week i was in that "autopilot" mode at a 16 lap race at Red Bull Ring and leading the whole race. sadly, i "didn't wake up" from my daydreams early enough and didn't realise there was a mandatory pit stop. just to be DQ'd at the end (my pace was about 1.5 secs faster then P2)...i laughed about my self (and loosing licensepoints of course).

Short: immense, immersive and satisfying hours day after day.

THANK YOU SMS for thousands of hours in "VR-PC2-Land" you have given us (for that little money).

Gregz0r
19-10-2018, 09:27
I love Road America, but the kerbs there are like magnets!

r200ti
20-10-2018, 16:00
hahah, yeh same here. Love the track, but those kerbs.......

RE driving PC2 - thats what got me. I came from AC, which is very good - but straight away PC2 felt so much better. Infact exactly what did it was driving a GT3 911 around zolder (with those modded ffb files we use). That first set of right handers it actually felt like i was in a real car. And AC has long been relegated to the archive drive.
For a game which was probably developed with mass sales to forza/GT customers in mind, they have done a mighty good job in keeping us sim types happy.

Urban Chaos 2.0
21-10-2018, 12:34
hahah, yeh same here. Love the track, but those kerbs.......

RE driving PC2 - thats what got me. I came from AC, which is very good - but straight away PC2 felt so much better. Infact exactly what did it was driving a GT3 911 around zolder (with those modded ffb files we use). That first set of right handers it actually felt like i was in a real car. And AC has long been relegated to the archive drive.
For a game which was probably developed with mass sales to forza/GT customers in mind, they have done a mighty good job in keeping us sim types happy.

Here's a good setup (for almost all tracks) for the GT3R. It's simply: awesome. Give it a try around Brands Hatch, for example. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg32piTV4_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BdQMDx0diI