PDA

View Full Version : Rear right tyre never gets warm! (Clio Cup, Knockhill) XB1X

neefoo
07-11-2018, 13:19
Hello. If this should go into some other forum, please move the thread.

I just notised that the rear, right tyre never gets green (stays blue...ish). This is after 4 laps, so something's wrong I guess?

Xbox One X. Clip Cup. Tried both default tires (auto) and slicks. Same problem.

Sankyo
07-11-2018, 13:25
I'm pretty sure it's a combination of the car's suspension characteristics and the fact that the track mostly has right turns that have the car's weight lift from the right-hand tyres (the right front tyre still does the steering so stays warmer than the rear tyre).

Bealdor
07-11-2018, 13:27
FWD car + clockwise track = No load on and therefore no heat in the RR tire.
Not much you can do about this.

neefoo
07-11-2018, 13:34
Oh, I see. I will have to accept that probably. It turns green, but only light green. Thanks for the info.

Anything else you want to recommend me when handilng this car (in short). I know there is a whole thread about this car, but for now - i'll need a setup quick-fix (if there is any).
Tried to lower pressure on tyres, but I hardly felt any difference.

Thank you again for the blazing-fast feedback! =)

Bealdor
07-11-2018, 13:38
This car is very sensitive (like many low DF cars) to ride height and ARB adjustments.
Increase rear ride height to get more oversteer and vice versa.

Other than that, don't try to drive it like a RWD car.

neefoo
07-11-2018, 13:42
I'll try. Not used at all to FWD steering. =P

Cholton82
07-11-2018, 14:30
Careful with lift off oversteer , Craner curves at Donington is good for testing this , modulating the throttle a bit keeps the rear in check but lift off through there and your going straight to the scene of the accident .

cpcdem
07-11-2018, 15:37
Yeah, you need to use throttle to manage steering of this car, wheel is of secondary importance for turning :). Lift off a bit to get more turn in, give back throttle quickly to make it grip again. Tricky at first, but very rewarding when you master it!

Stewy32
07-11-2018, 17:37
Similar thing with the Opel Astra TCR I drove there about an hour ago(in sim not IRL), it is just down to characteristics.

Vic Flange
08-11-2018, 04:44
The rear wheels on the Clio are only there to stop the exhaust from dragging on the track.

blinkngone
08-11-2018, 12:41
Oh, I see. I will have to accept that probably. It turns green, but only light green. Thanks for the info.

Anything else you want to recommend me when handilng this car (in short). I know there is a whole thread about this car, but for now - i'll need a setup quick-fix (if there is any).
Tried to lower pressure on tyres, but I hardly felt any difference.

Thank you again for the blazing-fast feedback! =)

Sorry if you have previously looked at this thread. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?62938-Sloppy-s-Fast-Stable-and-Fun-Career-Tunes-(G29)

Jezza819
08-11-2018, 15:16
Careful with lift off oversteer , Craner curves at Donington is good for testing this , modulating the throttle a bit keeps the rear in check but lift off through there and your going straight to the scene of the accident .

I tend to do ok through the Craner curves but then I lose it at the Old Hairpin. Maybe because I'm trying to carry too much speed through that turn? But the AI is so fast through there you tend to overdrive it or you'll get hit in the rear end.