PDA

View Full Version : Hackers and Griefers

Charger
14-11-2018, 02:30
I noticed the threads on this have been locked, I do not see why it shouldn't be discussed on both issues to make the community cleaner, I understand the cheat aspect is subjective but it should be discussed and dismissing it as some people will cheat and don't worry about it in online games doesn't really fly with me.

If you cheat and are found to be then you should be banned period, if we can't analyse this how do we know?

Griefers should be named so others can avoid them, it goes against the TOS for both and therefore is in the public eye, if someone has their gaming enjoyment lowered by this then it falls under the TOS by the publisher, read it.

We have had discussions where people have openly put their case across and if you censor this then the accused have no voice do they!

It works both ways and I for one would like to discuss these issues without being silenced.

We all know that infamous guy that did eventually have his Steam game banned but that would never have happened if not for this forum and it's discussion so why now are we going dark?

I understand locking threads that go off tangent but for ones that are subjective and objective and are resolved by talking about it get locked then that smacks as censorship!

Charger
14-11-2018, 02:57
I will quote from the TOS.

Use and communicate exploits to gain unfair advantage in a game.

Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy use of a Service or take actions that interfere with or materially increase the costs to provide a Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

Promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.

Use or distribute unauthorized "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs or other "cheat utility" software program or applications.

Modify any part of the BANDAI NAMCO Services that BANDAI NAMCO does not specifically authorize you to modify.

Think that covers it, so under the TOS censorship of these is against the publishers TOS as you are 'turning a blind eye' to it aren't you, the publisher has the rights not SMS.