PDA

View Full Version : Any way to improve the Nissan GT1?

Javaniceday
15-11-2018, 18:34
We're doing a league, and I want to use the Nissan but it really is a bit slower than the other cars. Any setup tricks to help speed her up?

hkraft300
16-11-2018, 06:21
Don't expect much of it. Doesn't seem to have any strengths. I'll have another crack at the suspension see if I make any progress.
CLK is a killer everywhere. Toyota is almost as good except med-low speed. Ferrari, McLaren and Panoz are good all round. Porsche is a little down on power. I have nothing good to say about the Nissan.

TexasTyme214
16-11-2018, 14:16
The fastest I've gotten the Nissan to go is with stiffest springs and sway bars and near minimum ride height. Still, expect an uphill battle on nearly every part of the track.

hkraft300
16-11-2018, 15:54
I tried going soft on the springs for some low speed traction and had no luck. I'll try the stiff setup.

Javaniceday
16-11-2018, 19:13
Thanks guys. The 1st test race is on Barcelona - I tried softening the sway bars and that seems to have helped some, but then it's really hard to tell. I'm very curious to see what you guys find.

Zaskarspants
17-11-2018, 11:15
Final drive feels too high, lowering a click is worth trying.

hkraft300
17-11-2018, 14:31
I just gave it a crack round imola. I take back what I said before. This thing has good accel and top speed, if you don't bog out of slow corners.
On hard tires, 45c track. Can just get in the 1:40. Brakes seem to suck: insufficient cooling. I only went as stiff as a GT3 car and it didn't handle great.
But it smokes down the straights. If your league roster has tracks with high speed straights like daytona and monza you might have a chance.

blinkngone
17-11-2018, 15:22
That is a really good time for the 390 at Imola compared to PC TT times, still a way to go when the F50 and CLK are in the 1:35s though.

Mahjik
17-11-2018, 20:50
Thanks guys. The 1st test race is on Barcelona - I tried softening the sway bars and that seems to have helped some, but then it's really hard to tell. I'm very curious to see what you guys find.

I did some laps around Barcelona with the car. Some things I observed from the default loose setup:

The car likes to power oversteer in the longer sweepers
The default gearing is setup for a longer track
The suspension doesn't help the car into the corners

In looking at the default setup, there isn't much aero adjustments. The main things I looked at doing were:

Increasing the front spring and ARB
Decreasing the rear spring
Decreasing the dampers front and rear (rear more than the front)
Lowered the car about 3mm front and rear
Increased the gear ratios so 1st isn't really used except starting out and you use more gearing all around the track. Helps keep torque up. I did tweak mine so I got into 6th on the main straight but I could see tweaking 5th to be longer to avoid 6th as there isn't much to gain with 6th on the main straight.
Started playing with the diff settings but haven't found good setting yet.
Depending on the length of the race, you can increase the boost.

The car is just not going to be as fast as some of the others in the category, so I would focus on making a driveable race setup where you can move up from other's mistakes and attrition.

Mahjik
19-11-2018, 03:00
Not the fastest setup, but it was stable for me doing a race with the AI (that was a lot of fun!). Might be something you can start with...

Javaniceday
10-12-2018, 16:38
Not the fastest setup, but it was stable for me doing a race with the AI (that was a lot of fun!). Might be something you can start with...

Cheers Majik. Are you still thinking of joining the PCDC GT1 league? Hockenheim classic this Saturday!

Mahjik
10-12-2018, 17:31
Cheers Majik. Are you still thinking of joining the PCDC GT1 league? Hockenheim classic this Saturday!

Doubtful I'll be able to make it, but I will try to run some laps this week with the Nissan there and see if I can help get you a jump start. ;)

Unun
13-12-2018, 19:05
Yo, try this setup.

suspension
springs rates front/rear: 60//50
roll bars front/rear: 90//50

dampers
bumpstops front/rear: 0mm//0mm
slow bump front/rear: 7300n/m/s//7300n/m/s
slow rebound front/rear: 6200n/m/s//8000n/m/s
everything else as is

differential
clutch LSD ONLY
preload: 70nm
clutches: 6
power ramp: 65 deg
coast ramp: 70 deg

balderz002
19-12-2018, 10:12
Wasn't the R390 made for one thing though? An assault on Le Mans. So it makes sense that its good in a straight line.

Really annoying though, as it was my favourite GT1 '98 car before PC2 came out!