PDA

View Full Version : Helmet cam in VR

Cote Dazur
22-11-2018, 17:56
Does driving in VR with the helmet cam helps with FPS performance or does it make it worse?

Topsie
22-11-2018, 20:34
I've tried it and not really noticed much difference personally. However, if you are struggling a little with FPS, I'd suspect it would help as its not having to render as much scenery etc. Give it a try and see if it feels smoother:)

Javaniceday
27-11-2018, 00:42
Does driving in VR with the helmet cam helps with FPS performance or does it make it worse?

I've noticed it does have a small impact in fps, but very small. I have a 1070 so maybe something more powerful it'll make more difference.

I had another problem, though. With the helmet on, I began to notice the angle of my head in relation to the car, as I naturally rolled my head to the left or right, and I began to tense up my neck because of it. I wasn't trying to keep my head straight, but just knowing my head wasn't straight tensed up my neck muscles. So I had to turn it off because of it.

Gav88888
27-11-2018, 09:09
I do notice a FPS hit in helmet cam and I used to use it all the time, but now I just notice little bugs with it, mainly around water spray and wheels showing in the front black part of the helmet. Annoyed me so I stopped using it and now I pretend I am using a open face helmet in cockpit view :)

Mahjik
27-11-2018, 13:09
From an LOD perspective, there shouldn't be any differences between cockpit and helmet so any performance differences will likely be placebos. However, from interior (cockpit/helmet) views to exterior views (like bonnet cam); yes there will be performance differences.