PDA

View Full Version : PC2 : Career Prototype C

seb02
27-11-2018, 17:01
Hello,

I am currently working in the Prototype C class and here is my experience.

I started with the US series. There are in this series, 2 NIssan GTP ZX-Turbo which are much faster than other cars. By adjusting the level of the AI, you fight with these 2 Nissan (the rest is too slow more than 3 seconds lap), or you fight for the 3rd place with cars other than the 2 Nissan GTP ZX -Turbo. This class is not at all balanced and it frustrates me.
Another problem encountered, the 2 Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo are faster in the race than qualifications. On Watkins Glen for example, these 2 Nissan are faster by 2 seconds in race while the 2 sessions were held on a dry track.

This serie is really frustrating and poorly done in my opinion. Usually I run the maximum duration but there, I did the opposite. I still have the Transworld Cup and I'm afraid it's the same (from the videos on YT). I had no pleasure at the moment.

I guess it's too late for SMS to take a look at this ....I did all the Open Wheel series and I was satisfied with this experience. I hope the other series are less frustrating than this one...

Stewy32
27-11-2018, 18:15
There isn't to much SMS can do about this without a serious reworking to the game

Bealdor
27-11-2018, 18:16
That's the issue with the GTP ZX Turbos. They're not Group C cars and too powerful for this series.

seb02
28-11-2018, 06:21
That's the issue with the GTP ZX Turbos. They're not Group C cars and too powerful for this series.

Thank you for your reply.
I wonder the interest of integrating a car so competitive in a series that becomes, in fact, unbalanced. That this Nissan is present in the game, ok, but it must not appear in the career mode.
I think that pretty much sums up the frustration PC2 can generate with surprising choices. I mean, the career mode has to be balanced, that should be the first thing to consider.
I will quickly pass this series which, for me, has no interest.
This is something to improve for PC3.

Gregz0r
28-11-2018, 23:15
That Nissan GTP is indeed way too fast for the category.
I found this out in a recent race, where it stormed off into the lead so quickly that I didn’t even notice.
It then took its mandatory pit stop, and re-joined about 8 seconds behind me.
This is when I first became aware of it - when it closed and passed me so quickly, like I was in a lower formulae.
This is another scenario, where baked-in custom grids would solve this issue, by simply allowing us to not select it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkuwJa20IuY

snipeme77
03-12-2018, 17:41
Thank you for your reply.
I wonder the interest of integrating a car so competitive in a series that becomes, in fact, unbalanced. That this Nissan is present in the game, ok, but it must not appear in the career mode.
I think that pretty much sums up the frustration PC2 can generate with surprising choices. I mean, the career mode has to be balanced, that should be the first thing to consider.
I will quickly pass this series which, for me, has no interest.
This is something to improve for PC3.

Something to consider is Pcars tends to group these historic series like a historical racing series. Yes the GTP is technically faster and a part of the USA IMSA GTP series, but if your brought one to a Group C revival they would probably let it run because it's close enough...

2010 Synergy Camaro
03-12-2018, 18:01
I selected the Sauber C9 LM in career mode and set the boost to 100 and was able to compete with the Nissan Turbos everywhere but Sakitto GP.