PDA

View Full Version : Question about buying?

kidx
27-11-2018, 18:21
I bought this on steam and my account got hacked, I am wondering if I can buy this away from steam as steam is very acceptable to hacks and people looking to steal peoples accounts with over 300 games on them.

Mahjik
27-11-2018, 18:28
Steam is required. You can purchase a game key away from Steam, but the key needs to go into Steam. Those other key buying locations will not help you if your Steam account gets hacked. Enable a second factor authentication on Steam to protect your account.

kidx
27-11-2018, 18:36
Steam is required. You can purchase a game key away from Steam, but the key needs to go into Steam. Those other key buying locations will not help you if your Steam account gets hacked. Enable a second factor authentication on Steam to protect your account.

That don't help when they pose as a fake employee from valve, I think tieing me to steam makes this a no sell I should be able to buy directly from the company. Steam has been so vulnerable to hacks its not funny.

Mahjik
27-11-2018, 19:03
Valve will never call you or contact you directly. No matter who is "posing" as someone from Valve, you just ignore them. The game has Steam directly integrated into to (for online racing, leaderboards, and other capabilities).

kidx
27-11-2018, 19:21
Valve will never call you or contact you directly. No matter who is "posing" as someone from Valve, you just ignore them. The game has Steam directly integrated into to (for online racing, leaderboards, and other capabilities).

I am trying to get my account back now, I have to wait for them to contact me.I have over 300+ games on my account.