PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Oddities w/Logitech Controls

BellBoyOld
17-12-2018, 19:56
Hi...........

New to forum and the software !! It's pretty awesome, but have experienced a few glitches.

1] System locks up spontaneously and I lose control of the car. Must hit PS4 power button to reset/restart game.

2] Logitech G29 steering wheel will suddenly begin to rotate full lock, back and forth...often in the middle of the night....with PS4 in Rest Mode.

Any ideas ???

Thank you !!!

hkraft300
17-12-2018, 21:09
1 do you have the wheel USB plugged directly into the ps4 or via a hub? I've done it via a hub and had disconnect problems. Also if you have the DS4 on, it might interfere with the g29. I switch on the ps4 with the power button, hit the PS button on the wheel then use the wheel buttons to select and start the game.

2 ye mine does that too. Maybe because you have the USB ports powered on during sleep mode?

BellBoyOld
19-12-2018, 19:21
1 do you have the wheel USB plugged directly into the ps4 or via a hub? I've done it via a hub and had disconnect problems. Also if you have the DS4 on, it might interfere with the g29. I switch on the ps4 with the power button, hit the PS button on the wheel then use the wheel buttons to select and start the game.

2 ye mine does that too. Maybe because you have the USB ports powered on during sleep mode?

Hi.........

Thank you for the response !!

I have Logitech wheel directly connected to the PS4 with a USB cable..with an extension to get more distance between me and the monitor. Perhaps additional cable length is causing the problem ? Or it's a cheap extension cable and has issues ??

I see messages concerning "controller disconnection" at times...when the USB cable IS connected. I start up the PS4 from Rest Mode all of the time.

Is there a way to "tighten" up the steering wheel on center ?? It seems a little loose/sloppy when driving straight ahead....like there's excessive play in the steering gear.

Otherwise, it's a blast. I bought a seat assembly to hold steering wheel, manual 6-speed shifter and pedal box and it's great fun.

Happy Holidays !!

hkraft300
19-12-2018, 21:01
Could be the extension cable. I don't use one and don't have a problem. I have had problems when I connected the wheel via a hub.
The wheel itself is a bit loose on centre by design. You can play with caster angle (car setup) or volume and tone (ffb settings). My ffb settings are in my sig below.