PDA

View Full Version : Why the first Project Cars is better than Project Cars 2 in Controller?

rakadoank
08-01-2019, 14:35
Sorry for my English and so sorry for 240p video.

Why Project Cars 2 is oversteer in controller, like in this video //youtu.be/VSag1GK_DNg

Compared to first Project Cars that gave me the authentic way to turn //youtu.be/NhsYoUic1P8
-Steering Throttle Brake - Deadzone & Sens = 0
-Speed Sens=0
-Controller Filtering Sens=82
-Control Input Mode - 3
-Soft Steering Dampening - On
-Visual Wheel Filtering - On
-Opposite Lock Help - On

So sorry for 240p video and no audio in Project Cars 2 video, but just look at the steer in Project Cars 2. In 1:55 (Turn 3). Why the steer or handling is told me to just rotate the steer about less than 45degs?
In first Project Cars, i need to steer as much as needed to turn in and exit the corner and also almost similar when i compared to Wheel user (even in Project Cars 2)

I hate the damper in Project Cars 2 that gave so much compensate to rotate the steer softly. I'm feel much better in Project Cars 1 that gave me authentic way to turn and feel matched with my thumb.

Please, is this my misunderstanding about the handling in Project Cars 2 or in sim games? At least, how to make the steer perfectly turning in Project Cars 2 like i turned the steer in Project Cars 1?

I'm also look another web and youtube video to set the settings, but it didn't work.

This is another video first Project Cars i made it in HD if you need it, (4 months ago) with (i believe) the Speed Sens was about 40 - 44
//facebook.com/RakaAudiraDoank/videos/vb.100000661110515/2038264366205581/?type=3

Mad Al
08-01-2019, 14:55
the controllers were completely reworked for PC2.. so ignore anything you learnt in PC1 and start off with defaults, then try 25 for steering sensitivity, 75-80 for speed sensitive steering and around 60 for filtering. PC2 has much, much better controller handling than PC1

sbart_uk
08-01-2019, 15:00
Because most cars in PC2 are much more realistic(with some huge exceptions) in the way they respond than PC1 was. PC1 was very understeery where as PC2 mostly does away with that. Therefor its harder to drive with a controller as you're dealing with oversteer much more and need more precise inputs which is next to impossible on a little thumb stick.

Mad Al
08-01-2019, 15:05
Because most cars in PC2 are much more realistic(with some huge exceptions) in the way they respond than PC1 was. PC1 was very understeery where as PC2 mostly does away with that. Therefor its harder to drive with a controller as you're dealing with oversteer much more and need more precise inputs which is next to impossible on a little thumb stick.

PC2 comes with more than a single setup, so in fact controller default is still aimed more towards understeer..

blinkngone
08-01-2019, 15:32
As Mad Al says you should probably try Stable setup. Some have used Default controller settings and lowered speed sensitivity to 75.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?65817-How-to-steer-amp-brake&p=1554792&viewfull=1#post1554792

rakadoank
08-01-2019, 15:34

That's how i played the PC 1. I played with higher lock and it's possible for me on a little thumb stick, it's even better and perfect with the filter.
I believe the most GT3 cars in turn 2 of Nordscheleife would turn/rotate the steer more than i turn/rotate the steer in Project Cars 2 (in the video)

the controllers were completely reworked for PC2.. so ignore anything you learnt in PC1 and start off with defaults, then try 25 for steering sensitivity, 75-80 for speed sensitive steering and around 60 for filtering. PC2 has much, much better controller handling than PC1

Is that really the authentic way?
Okay, i don't feel cheated anymore now. Thank you for the answer. I will change my drive style in controller now.

( I'm in loop, i played the Shift 2, then played the first Project Cars and the result was i can't play the Shift 2 properly. Maybe i would not play the first Project Cars properly after this :beaten: )

rakadoank
08-01-2019, 15:38
As Mad Al says you should probably try Stable setup. Some have used Default controller settings and lowered speed sensitivity to 75.

//forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?65817-How-to-steer-amp-brake&p=1554792&viewfull=1#post1554792

I played with the default Stable Setup sir.

Stewy32
08-01-2019, 15:50
I ersonally have played both on controller and much prefer Project CARS 2 on controller.

hkraft300
08-01-2019, 23:12
Pc1 had direct gamepad controls.
PC2 had implemented filters for gamepad thumbstick steering to make it easier.

Once you get used to it, it's inconsequential. You're still in control.

Bliman
09-01-2019, 10:31
I have to say that I found the control of Project Cars 2 is 100% better in my eyes then Project Cars 1.
I never could control the car like I wanted to in Project Cars1 with the controller.
They did a great job in Project Cars 2 with it.

FS7
09-01-2019, 10:45
My Xbox 360 controller settings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqppf4UudQs

Personally I don't recommend using any filter/dampers, those things numb the controls, can cause input lag and make it more difficult to control the car imo. Adjusting either steering sensitivity or speed steering sensitivity would be a better option if you feel controls are too twitchy.
Controller input mode 2 seems to be the best one imo, 3 feels like there's some sort of filter turned on, 1 doesn't feel right either.
Also, set "render frames ahead" to 1, default is 2 which causes input lag.

I don't have PCars2, but in the demo I use the same settings as in the PCars1 video above, set both damper settings to 0, and set "render frames ahead" to 1.

sbart_uk
14-01-2019, 12:36
PC2 comes with more than a single setup, so in fact controller default is still aimed more towards understeer..

I wasn't talking about setups, just the games in general

Mad Al
14-01-2019, 13:09
I wasn't talking about setups, just the games in general

So why do most people find the controller better in PC2 ?

Oversteer isn't a major issue after they added the opposite lock assist (something that ACC appears to have tried to copy), the filtering in PC2 is better, the SSS is better weighted, it's all in, a much better controller system (and so It should be for the amount of work that the team put into the rework)

Swass
14-01-2019, 15:46
Does anyone know the percentage of PC2 drivers who use a controller? I assumed most use a wheel.

cpcdem
14-01-2019, 16:17
Does anyone know the percentage of PC2 drivers who use a controller? I assumed most use a wheel.

In time trial, you can easily see who's using a wheel/controller/keyboard. In both of them (Edit: meant to say in both PCARS1 and PCARS2) the wheel:controller ratio varies from 10:1 to 5:1 for the PC platform, which is easy to check. For consoles, I am sure the numbers are much greater on the controller side, but I have no way to actually check them.

And of course this is only an indicative ratio, because obviously not everybody is doing time trial and possibly wheel users do more TT than controller users do anyway.

Stewy32
14-01-2019, 18:51
In time trial, you can easily see who's using a wheel/controller/keyboard. In both of them the wheel:controller ratio varies from 10:1 to 5:1 for the PC platform, which is easy to check. For consoles, I am sure the numbers are much greater on the controller side, but I have no way to actually check them.

And of course this is only an indicative ratio, because obviously not everybody is doing time trial and possibly wheel users do more TT than controller users do anyway.

For league racing on console it is probably 17:1 in favour of wheel ,but I am sure that it is the more serious players, and therefore the ones more likely to have a wheel, who league race

FS7
14-01-2019, 22:09
So why do most people find the controller better in PC2 ?
Probably because most controller users use tap steering instead of precision steering. For tap steering players things like filters/dampers, deadzones, low steering sensitivity and high speed sensitivity make it easier to drive. PCars2 default setup has all those things and therefore it's more catered to tap steering players.

Stewy32
15-01-2019, 15:49
Probably because most controller users use tap steering instead of precision steering. For tap steering players things like filters/dampers, deadzones, low steering sensitivity and high speed sensitivity make it easier to drive. PCars2 default setup has all those things and therefore it's more catered to tap steering players.

I do precision steering mainly, but I think occasionally tap when I find it quicker.

REXPITVIPER1
16-01-2019, 21:50
(something that ACC appears to have tried to copy)

sorry ACC copied a feature? Gran Turismo (I'm sure Forza had this feature also. and a few other games too.) been and had this feature so isn't Project CARS copying them?

first off define "copying", because I don't think we see the word the same way, I see copying as a straight up replica of another object/game etc.

Mad Al
16-01-2019, 22:00
sorry ACC copied a feature? Gran Turismo (I'm sure Forza had this feature also. and a few other games too.) been and had this feature so isn't Project CARS copying them?

first off define "copying", because I don't think we see the word the same way, I see copying as a straight up replica of another object/game etc.

I wasn't saying that PC2 was the first to have the feature, but like PC, ACs follow up appears to have added the feature.. and specifically their implementation needs rather a lot of work as it really doesn't feel natural.