PDA

View Full Version : Serious debate about pc 2 quality on consoles

gamingsince1971
09-01-2019, 13:46
Hi all

New to the forums and i want to get directly to the point. I hope the moderators and SMS allow this post to continue and be heard.

I have been gaming for a very long time. I have worked for sony in the past on the ps2 in 1998 and i own every console known to man from 1980 onwards. I want to talk about quality in PC2 and the attitude of developers in modern times. I gought PC2 2 weeks ago after playing the first one to death.

The first one was not without its issues but ended up a very nice game. Now we have PC2 that i gather came out a while ago in 2017, so whats the problem? The game itself plays well and is fun, but thats where it all ends. The graphics engine is terrible for half the tracks and good for the other half of tracks.

Awful screen tearing, ps2 quality like visuals and jaggies, stuttering, laughable textures and more absolutely ruin this game. So what happened SMS? Why could you make half the courses looking amazing with no issues and then make the rest of them like you couldnt be bothered to finish them?

Where is gaming going in modern times? You as a developer have the responsibility to put out a finished, quality product but you didnt do this. Whats worse is you didnt fix the game like you did PC1. I have to come here and comment because in all my years gaming i dont think i have seen such a mess of a game, in the graphics department.

So where does this leave your paying public SMS? Do we always have to accept from developers now to pay full price for a half baked game that we deserved better with? Will you blame the consoles power because you didnt fulfill your promise of quality?

It ISNT the ps4 or xbox one and people are tired of these excuses now. I have GT sport in lovely 60fps with no issues at all and you all know that there are amzing games on both consoles that look 10 times better than this game. Why are you using such a poor graphics engine still? Do you actually care?

I and afew others have put together a letter to try and start up a gaming authority which will scrutinise the developers that are doing this time after time now in modern times. We need an authority that will punish the developer and make sure this is not happening all the time. like it is now.

Loot boxes,play 4 days early, PAID DLC, gambling, so called 200.00 premium edition games with little or no more content in and so on, is all in the debate that i think needs to be adressed because developers are fooling the public with this nonsense and enough is enough now.

I and many people on here would like an answer from SMS, to why your product fails the standards set by your own first game and why you have left it to stagnate and look so poor. Blaming consoles and stating "its a sim, and we couldnt do it because it a sim" wont wash anymore, you have clearly made some of the tracks amazing looking with others not.

Thank You

cpcdem
09-01-2019, 14:02
While I agree with many of the things you say (in the sense that I also get annoyed by such problems/bugs), you need to also keep things in perspective. Some quick points:

- GT does not have (AFAIK) dynamic conditions, day-night cycle, weather etc, so they can precalc a lot of things and make them fast and very good looking. PCARS2's immense amount of features makes that impossible to do.
- Also content wise, I do not think they are comparable, CARS2 has over 60 tracks and over 100 track variations. And with a team much smaller than that of GT, I think the overall average quality of tracks is pretty good.
- A price of 60 euro is extremely low IMO for all that PCARS2 offers (and amount of playtime it offers). Keeping things in perspective again, how many things and for how long can you enjoy in life for 60 euro in most countries?
- (edit) Yeah, as Zaskar mentions below, in PCARS2 a lot of resources go into simulating stuff, which I suspect does not really happen in GT...

What I definitely agree with, though, is that they could had spent a little more time fixing some of the most serious remaining bugs, making people happier and able to enjoy the game much more...

Zaskarspants
09-01-2019, 14:02
With limited resources the designers of the game chose to give the most flops to the seta tyre model, a state of the art simulation of the rubber and contact patch adhesion and yes this does leave less of an over head for graphics.

Other titles choose a different route with simpler physics and better graphics. Personally I prefer the better physics solution adopted by SMS but clearly others may differ.

Pcars looks better than most Sims on a powerfull pc where there is more flops spare after seta and physics calcs.

Edit, partial ninga!

blinkngone
09-01-2019, 14:06
Hi, welcome.
Seriously though.

gamingsince1971
09-01-2019, 14:11
Hi, welcome.
Seriously though.

You see? The same people do this everytime when people try and make a point. This is why everyone is so suspicious of developers now, because people are payed to discredit you and write this crap. Honestly man grow up. I really have just joined the forum to make a serious point about quality or lack of and people like you are the reason i will now go and get rid of the game Im done and im out.

Bealdor
09-01-2019, 14:16
You see? The same people do this everytime when people try and make a point. This is why everyone is so suspicious of developers now, because people are payed to discredit you and write this crap. Honestly man grow up. I really have just joined the forum to make a serious point about quality or lack of and people like you are the reason i will now go and get rid of the game Im done and im out.

Sad to see that you chose to focus on that post instead of the reasonable arguments that were posted before and could've actually lead to a fruitful discussion.
Oh well...

Thread closed.