PDA

View Full Version : Slowing down

Mincepie10
14-01-2019, 07:19
Help! Has PC done some kind of patch recently? I need some help. I have suddenly got 2-3 seconds slower on all tracks and all cars. I just don't get it. It seems like the cars are all accelerating slower for some reason. For example, the finishing straight at Red Bull, I was always in 6th at the end before turn one. Same with the straight into turn 2 at Red Bull. Now I don't get into 6th 50 percent of the time. I'm down 2-3 seconds at Imola in the Porsche GT3, the Audi and the Lambo. Same at Catalunya. 2-3 seconds on the same set up and against the AI at the same time of day/season and conditions. It doesn't seem to affect anyone else - I did a race at Imola and the other guys were still down in the 1:46/7s. I can only see two possibilities. Either I just got worse, or something has happened to the game. I haven't changed any settings. My set ups are the same. Can anyone suggest what it could be? Have I somehow changed the accelerator sensitivity (I can't remember what it was before, but I could at least try that). Are there any settings I could try that could explain this? It's super weird. I've literally lost 2 seconds on all tracks. Any ideas most gratefully accepted.

Sankyo
14-01-2019, 07:37
What's your system specs?
What controller are you using?
Did you check that your accelerator control is still functioning and/or calibrated properly?

MaximusN
14-01-2019, 08:15
What's your system specs?
What controller are you using?
Did you check that your accelerator control is still functioning and/or calibrated properly?
Brake calibration is important too, it might be dragging the brakes just ever so slightly. Best to check in the hud that acceleration reaches 100% and brakes are 0% when not pressing the pedal.

Keena
14-01-2019, 08:30
Keep the HUD up for a test to make sure full power is being delivered. Also a third party telemetry app would be useful for you Im sure.
I start with ffb as well when it comes to pace. Ive found a bad ffb setup can cost me a couple of seconds a lap either through too much detail =too twitchy or not enough=driving with no grip detail.. just right and youll notice. Ffb in my view is more important in a setup than fiddling with a bit of camber here or there.. makes sense when you think about it.

Mincepie10
14-01-2019, 09:14
Thanks for the tips. I haven't checked the HUD. I use a G29 wheel and 3 pedals (well, 2 as I don't use the clutch). I've had problems with a sticking accelerator before, but I haven't noticed the same this time in the HUD. Previously, I couldn't get the revs down and then couldn't get the brake to disengage fully. It seemed pretty obvious last time in the HUD and in the "feel" of the car, but I didn't really think about it - I was too angry this time. All good ideas, though. Thanks.

Zaskarspants
14-01-2019, 10:37
I had this when my g920 pedals were noisy giving slight unwanted inputs and reduced maximums. I fixed it by spraying wd40 into the pedal potentiometers. I just spray into the potentiometer through the gap where the wires connect. I find I need to do this every six months or so.

blinkngone
14-01-2019, 10:38
Sometimes you just need to take apart your pedal set. Give it a good dusting with some compressed air and spray down the potentiometers with some contact cleaner.

beatrunner
14-01-2019, 12:23
Sometimes you just need to take apart your pedal set. Give it a good dusting with some compressed air and spray down the potentiometers with some contact cleaner.

an additional advice from a former G920 user if your problems have anything todo with the potentiometers: after the clean up, use some old socks to protect the "gaps". i cuttet the socks to have some sort of "wooden tube", which i could put over the pedals so the holes are covered. that way no new dust can go into the "gaps" and you are free of such hassle...i hated to do the cleaning every few weeks.

blinkngone
14-01-2019, 17:55
I had this when my g920 pedals were noisy giving slight unwanted inputs and reduced maximums. I fixed it by spraying wd40 into the pedal potentiometers. I just spray into the potentiometer through the gap where the wires connect. I find I need to do this every six months or so.

Hey check this out. https://www.electronicspoint.com/forums/threads/safe-to-use-wd40-as-switch-or-potentiometer-cleaner.13537/

Zaskarspants
14-01-2019, 18:15
Thanks blink, will get the proper stuff.

morpwr
14-01-2019, 20:16
Hey check this out. https://www.electronicspoint.com/forums/threads/safe-to-use-wd40-as-switch-or-potentiometer-cleaner.13537/

I was going to mention not to use anything but contact cleaner made for electronics. Ive seen issues in cars where people have used things like that in connectors working on low voltage and it conducts electricity. You can get voltage bleeding through the film.

blinkngone
14-01-2019, 20:30
Yeah, if you have your pedal base on the floor and have it solidly backstopped to keep it from moving around, constantly pushing against the backstop can damage the tiny wires coming out of the base.:p No biggie though you can solder them back together.:)

Mincepie10
15-01-2019, 12:15
Thanks all. The accelerator is definitely dragging. At least, the green line is wavering below the 12 o clock position even with my foot flat. I assume that's a sign that somehow the accelerator is not fully engaged. Brakes seem to be fine. Anyway, I'll take it apart and clean it. Many thanks for all the help. Now if I'm 2 seconds slower I'll have no one to blame but myself!

blinkngone
15-01-2019, 13:50
Thanks all. The accelerator is definitely dragging. At least, the green line is wavering below the 12 o clock position even with my foot flat. I assume that's a sign that somehow the accelerator is not fully engaged. Brakes seem to be fine. Anyway, I'll take it apart and clean it. Many thanks for all the help. Now if I'm 2 seconds slower I'll have no one to blame but myself!

Hopefully cleaning works. It doesn't necessarily mean it's your fault if cleaning doesn't help. The wires could be broken(me) or there could be something else you haven't discovered yet..