PDA

View Full Version : Ps4 Project cars 2.....Audi r8 lms setup

Jackostrong
16-01-2019, 05:28
Hi
I'm having a bit of trouble round getting a good stable setup for the Audi R8 LMS....
Would anyone have a good stable setup that's good on pace and navigating tight sharp corners. I just seem to be behind the pace..
Thanks in advance..

blinkngone
16-01-2019, 10:02
Hi, welcome.:)
What track are you having problems with? Do you have a wheel or gamepad? Are you running against AI at what levels do you have Skill/aggression? The Default setups are pretty good "base" setups, if you are having problems you can adjust them for oversteer on entry/exit, understeer on entry etc..

Here is a setup for Algarve, if you want a different track it's ok to ask. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64820-Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-7-0&p=1543391&viewfull=1#post1543391

It's a TT setup so the first thing you want to change for a race is open the radiator if it's closed, this one is at 65 so you are good to go. For GT3 it's better to start with all the tire pressures at 18.85, run a couple of laps and then start adjusting the brake ducts and pressures to keep the pressures as close to 26.1 psi as you can manage. If you are on a pad you need to change the steering ratio, it's a wheel setup. The Engine Braking is set at 2, if the rear end comes around too quickly as you start to brake for corner entry increase this value. The power ramp is at 45, if you have trouble controlling the car on acceleration just increase this this value. You need to set the brake pressure and front/rear balance for the way you brake.

There are only a few base tunes posted in the Garage by Urban Chaos, Audi not available.

Zeratal has this on the Audi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D848wav0fpM&feature=youtu.be

Jackostrong
23-01-2019, 05:54
Hi was wondering if you had a race setup for spa??

blinkngone
23-01-2019, 10:11
Hi was wondering if you had a race setup for spa??
Hi, here is the WR, I will also get another, both are patch 7.0. Both are wheel setups.

blinkngone
23-01-2019, 10:15
Here is Pagan's running the Stable LSD.

blinkngone
23-01-2019, 11:19
Hi, I don't know how much experience you have but Spa takes a while to learn. There are 670 runs in PC Time Trial with the Audi and half the people ran 2:23.302 +0:07.464 or slower, half quicker.
Hey, here is a track map of Spa, the red speed indicators are from F1 but you can get an idea where they are just lifting(Eau Rouge) to hard braking in other areas. Pouhon is just lifting/easing on the brakes.

blinkngone
25-01-2019, 09:58
Hi Jackostrong. I can't drive much but I did a quick test with both setups. First Automatic by Weather loads Hard tires, didn't like these at all and switched to Softs. Don't know what the correct tire choice should be. Pagan's Stable setup I didn't like, too easy to spin for me and anything but stable(if I had the incorrect steering angle and tried to correct I would get a wobble often leading to an unrecoverable spin). THR's was better. Since I had never driven Spa in this game I tried a Huracan just to have something to compare to the Audi. It was much easier for me to drive and get up to speed( I am slow) with the Huracan than the Audi, more user friendly for me. Both cars are fast for the top drivers.

There is a Sticky for the Differentials at the top of the page.

If you haven't seen this here are some basics from Jussi.
"Preload: Works exactly as in pCARS 1, this is the always on minimum amount of locking in the diff. If you find that the car is unstable between the transitions from throttle to off-throttle, or the other way around, you might want to increase this.
Clutches: The number of clutch faces in contact with each other. This is effectively a multiplier, the more clutch faces you have in contact with each other the more overall locking you will get for both power and coast side.
Power ramp: This is the ramp angle for the power/acceleration side of the diff. The higher the angle, the less locking you get. Lower angle leads to more locking.
Coast ramp: This is the ramp angle for the coast/deceleration side of the diff. Works just like the power side, but affects off throttle behavior."

You need to set up your LSD for your right foot. THR is running 120 preload/ 6 clutches/ power ramp 45. To start leave preload where it is. If you are having problems with the car being too loose at La Source and Les Combes you have the Clutches and Power Ramp for adjustment. The fast guys will usually go for increasing the Power Ramp when they adjust if they ever have problems:), say 70 to try for starters, if this fixes your issues you can try lowering it back down gradually. If this doesn't get you to where you are comfortable you need to go to the Clutches. Adjust the Power Ramp to 55, reduce the number of Clutches to 4. If this is better but you are not quite there yet reduce Preload, this is your fine adjustment. If this isn't working go with minimum Clutches of 2. You need to get your LSD working for you so you are not constantly spinning out so you can learn the track and braking/lifting. You can start reducing the slippage in the LSD(adding back Clutches, reducing Power Ramp) once you are confident.

Coast Ramp. If you have the Engine Braking at 10 and you are still having problems with the rear coming around as you come off throttle THR's Coast ramp is fully locked at 20, increase this value. Of course if the problem is with the way you are trying to Trail Brake your setup the Engine Braking and Coast Ramp adjustments will be overridden by the more powerful forces, your brakes.

This is typical of the LSD I use recently. I just increase/decrease the Power Ramp angle if needed.

blinkngone
25-01-2019, 13:53
La Source, wide is better, you can carry more speed and get on the gas earlier giving you an advantage through Eau Rogue. These are guys running in the middle of the pack, 2:23s.
Building a lead.
Blowing the Bus Stop.
Bust Stop error unrecoverable time wise, your lap is killed.
It takes practice to do every corner the best you can manage.

blinkngone
25-01-2019, 14:22
Once you get faster you use the lines of the really fast drivers. Inside apex at La Source.
This is where the fast guys can drive La Source, tried but always crashed doing this myself, spun out on exit.
Red/Yellow curbing at entry to Eau Rouge.
Use as much of the curbing as necessary to maintain speed. Malmedy.
Touch of the brakes here for Phouon. If you wait too long and brake too hard you mess up your time through the next section as well.
Other curves.
Turn in point for Bus Stop Chicane.
Pound the inside curb at the Bus Stop entry.

blinkngone
25-01-2019, 18:09
A youtube. Sorry it's PC1 but it's mostly just for the racing lines and turn in. A little wide after 17, in Cars 2 that is a current and Next lap penalty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tt9EBN3Q2I

Kevwheez
26-01-2019, 22:07
Wow, blink - what a great resource you are!
I am still a loooong way from trying these faster cars/longer circuits, but when I do, I will seek out your assistance; your extremely detailed posts with images aplenty are SO cool to look over and I can only imagine make a huge difference in getting the cars setup and faster as a result!
I’m sorry that it has taken me so long to get into this sim - I have been missing out! :D

-Kev

blinkngone
26-01-2019, 23:24
Hey Kev, I just want people to enjoy the game, if I can help a little it's all good.:) This is a more complex game than the first PCars but once you get familiar with it is so much better.

Jackostrong
29-01-2019, 07:15
The THR set was good but was just struggling with grip in the corners... I found that the sorts were good for abit then gradually round the corners just started to slide.... I want to be able to attack the corners and have good grip

blinkngone
29-01-2019, 09:41
The THR set was good but was just struggling with grip in the corners... I found that the sorts were good for abit then gradually round the corners just started to slide.... I want to be able to attack the corners and have good grip
Hi. Ok when you switch back to Hard tires also try increasing the toe. Front go to -0.4 and rear to 0.7. I have tested(limited) these toe settings and they seem ok for wear. If this helps let me know.

What are your tire pressures when you start to lose grip?

banKai
29-01-2019, 22:50
Hi boys, I'm searching help for audi gt3 and silverstone gp.
I'm trying to use this setup:
Audi R8 LMS GT3(Silverstone GP)(Wheel) Post # 305
in post Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-5

I appreciated, the anterior roll bar to 140, with this value I entry on curve more easy (also with steering value set to 11,5).
my car, however, suffers from a lot of understeer especially on LOFFIELD curve.
Also I have the constant feeling that my car always slips out of the corner.
Do you have any advice?

Thanks

blinkngone
29-01-2019, 23:37
Hi boys, I'm searching help for audi gt3 and silverstone gp.
I'm trying to use this setup:
Audi R8 LMS GT3(Silverstone GP)(Wheel) Post # 305
in post Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-5

I appreciated, the anterior roll bar to 140, with this value I entry on curve more easy (also with steering value set to 11,5).
my car, however, suffers from a lot of understeer especially on LOFFIELD curve.
Also I have the constant feeling that my car always slips out of the corner.
Do you have any advice?

Thanks

Hi bankai, you don't need to use that old patch 5.0 setup. Just ask for a new one and I'll get it for you in the Patch 7.0 request thread. Here is a newer one.
Villal0bos 2nd place run for comparison.

blinkngone
29-01-2019, 23:50
Hi bankai, too much rear ARB for you. Luffield starts at Brooklands, your entry/exit at Brooklands determines your success at Luffield.
Hold tight at Broolands exit.
Enter and exit tight to the curbing through Luffield.
You should be tight to inside from Luffield, only the very last section of the curbing is used, to set up for Woodcotte. If you are wide toward the curbing you've messed it up.
You want to be so tight to the pit wall right at Woodcote you almost hit it.

blinkngone
30-01-2019, 00:09
Here is a PCars video to show the lines through Brooklands/Luffield/Woodcote. It's an old video so he blows Copse but whatever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF221xKGsKI

He kind of misses Brooklands(exits too early) and goes to inside on exit and has to come back a little for Luffield entry. Notice the guide arrows are too far outside at Luffield if you have been using those.

banKai
30-01-2019, 07:05
Thank you blinkngone, i use your golden tips. Bye