PDA

View Full Version : A little snow, a little slip, dislocated shoulder, 6 weeks no simracing!

zzjorzz
22-01-2019, 23:57
So, 6 weeks no simracing:grumpy:

Any suggestions to survive that?:p

BullWinkle
23-01-2019, 00:20
That's a bummer. Hope you have a speedy recovery zzjorzz. My only suggestion is maybe this. :o

Your thumbs still work right? :)

Edit: I did post a pic of a controller, somehow it converted it to a link.,which may or may not work.

blinkngone
23-01-2019, 00:52
Do you have a wheel? A few of us drive with one arm.:) Using fully automatic shifting. Sorry about your injury.:(

cpcdem
23-01-2019, 01:23
Yeah, done that, too, auto gears, very low FFB volume and only one arm needed :)
Not ideal obviously, but will help for those 6 weeks. Hope you get better soon!

Stewy32
23-01-2019, 08:51
My best advise is to buy as many season reviews as possible (or find official races on YouTube) and enjoy.

johnnyone
23-01-2019, 10:00
Try one arm with auto trans.

zzjorzz
23-01-2019, 15:01
One armed racing its gonna be! Thanks for the wellwishes!

Mahjik
23-01-2019, 15:18
As mentioned, you can definitely do some sim racing with one arm. ;)

Many years ago when I had back surgery, I couldn't do anything strenuous at all for months. I ended up getting into some puzzle games (bought the Popcap bundle from Steam) and it really helped with the lack of activity at the time. Today, there are a ton of strategy games on Steam as well, so there are options. :)

cpcdem
23-01-2019, 15:53
...the Rusty Lake series for example with which I also got hooked up with for similar reasons...

zzjorzz
23-01-2019, 20:58
As mentioned, you can definitely do some sim racing with one arm. ;)

Many years ago when I had back surgery, I couldn't do anything strenuous at all for months. I ended up getting into some puzzle games (bought the Popcap bundle from Steam) and it really helped with the lack of activity at the time. Today, there are a ton of strategy games on Steam as well, so there are options. :)

That is actually a good one, bit of puzzling to keep the brain going! Thanks!

Konan
25-01-2019, 04:32
I got nothing but i wish you a very speedy recovery :cool:

... Oh, many cellphone games are distracting enough to kill some boring hours...

Bliman
26-01-2019, 15:07
Can't you drive with a controller?
Also now is a good time to look at good books about setup and how to race.
And maybe try games that only need one arm but that trains your reflexes.

zzjorzz
26-01-2019, 21:58
I got nothing but i wish you a very speedy recovery :cool:

... Oh, many cellphone games are distracting enough to kill some boring hours...

Thanks mate!

Can't you drive with a controller?
Also now is a good time to look at good books about setup and how to race.
And maybe try games that only need one arm but that trains your reflexes.

Killing my time with Forza Horizon with controller, lol!

Egg90
27-01-2019, 09:57
Using one arm is all the rage these days, get in a formula car and pretend you're Kubica!