PDA

View Full Version : time trail with steam friends

LastMan77
30-01-2019, 11:20
Hello! I'm new to PCars and i would like to know if it's possible to see my steam friend's time trails to compare them with mine. I've seen in both games (PC1 and PC2) that there are filters for showing friends in time trail but i can't find any track times from my pal in the best list nor in the ghost list. I thought i may have not played time trail at all but i asked him and he said he has...... Thanks for helping. I really hope this game feature will work for both of us.... Bye !

TorTorden
30-01-2019, 13:46
Probably easier to check the leaderboards online.

https://pcars.13ms.de/#/users/0

Mahjik
30-01-2019, 13:59
In PC2, there is a display when you load a track that shows the fastest overall time and the fastest time logged by a "Steam Friend". However, you will have to use something like the above linked site to search all of your "Steam Friends". PC2 doesn't have what Shift2 had which was the Autolog system. And I will say, while it didn't work well, the idea behind Autolog was really cool.

pippinfort
30-01-2019, 15:20
Hello! I'm new to PCars and i would like to know if it's possible to see my steam friend's time trails to compare them with mine. I've seen in both games (PC1 and PC2) that there are filters for showing friends in time trail but i can't find any track times from my pal in the best list nor in the ghost list. I thought i may have not played time trail at all but i asked him and he said he has...... Thanks for helping. I really hope this game feature will work for both of us.... Bye !

Are you both using the PC version of pCars2?

IIRC, the online leaderboard (https://pcars.13ms.de/#/users/0) only logs lap times from PC.

Mahjik
30-01-2019, 15:30
Are you both using the PC version of pCars2?

Since he did say "Steam Friends", I would assume that means they are both on PC.

LastMan77
30-01-2019, 15:47
i took a look on both web leaderboards for PC1 and PC2. Fortunately PCars 2 has a search for playernames but the other hasn't (my friend owns only PCars)... But thanks for the info!

Mahjik
30-01-2019, 16:01
Easy problem to solve. Have your friend buy PC2 during one of the many sales. It's better in every way. ;)

LastMan77
08-02-2019, 12:30
well, the leaderboards are helpful...but i still have two questions about the game: what purpose has the filter setting "friends" when choosing a ghost? Will it show up my steam friend if he got a valid time track? Which purpose has the filter setting "local stored"? (PCars 1)