PDA

View Full Version : Engine off in the pit?

SharpeXB
02-02-2019, 04:43
Why does the engine switch off when you're in the pit? That doesn't seem to make sense, I lose all sorts of time starting it again. I'm in a sequential and don't have any control over the gears when the game takes over. The dash in the car says 1 but the HUD says N. I have engine auto start to off because having it on is even more confusing. I wish the game didn't take over the car in the pit, it's really confusing and I can't start back up quickly.

Azure Flare
02-02-2019, 06:34
You gotta hold the clutch in when the car comes off the airjacks.

SharpeXB
02-02-2019, 15:50
I'm in a sequential so no clutch. I go into the pit in 1st, the game takes over and puts me in N
then when I'm dropped down, the game will will shift me back to 1st but even if I have the accel held down it will stall. Then I have to mash the paddle back to n, hit E and then shift to 1st which costs all sorts of time. Disabling manual starts in the settings doesn't work either.

Mahjik
02-02-2019, 16:31
What specific car?

Cholton82
02-02-2019, 20:00
When leaving the pit box at the start of a session do you have to engage the clutch when entering first gear to pull away ?
I do and when pitting also , if you have a clutch try using it and see if that helps.

AbeWoz
02-02-2019, 22:51
even sequential shift cars have a clutch. it's used to keep the car from stalling at a stop and to get going from a dead stop. if you dont have a clutch pedal, use 'O' to enable Auto-Clutch.

supremedk
03-02-2019, 05:10
I wish the game didn't take over the car in the pit, it's really confusing and I can't start back up quickly.

Have you not seen the setting for manual pit control? You retain all
Control of the car in the pits, even stoping on the signboard. Leave auto start on and the car is ready To go as soon as the board is lifted.

SharpeXB
03-02-2019, 05:48
even sequential shift cars have a clutch. it's used to keep the car from stalling at a stop and to get going from a dead stop. if you dont have a clutch pedal, use 'O' to enable Auto-Clutch.
That’s it. Doh! :eek: